The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

terpsmcfee

You missed my point, all I can say is skim backwards reading this thread, you will see that you are sharing inaccurate info above... (at least I hope, and maybe see the fallacies in what you are suggesting about taste too)
Pray tell, please edify me on “my inaccurate info” my understanding is there have been TWO instances of melting plastic, one of which is second hand hearsay and thus highly sus. The only other so-called issues have been “super-tasters” claiming “silicone” flavor??

terpsmcfee,
Reactions: Grover

Razhumikin

Pray tell, please edify me on “my inaccurate info” my understanding is there have been TWO instances of melting plastic, one of which is second hand hearsay and thus highly sus. The only other so-called issues have been “super-tasters” claiming “silicone” flavor??
Well, as I have said before in this thread, I didnt have any silicon taste when I used one, but I still found the taste to be pretty abysmal, it lost all flavor really quickly and tasted stale. I also thought the draw restriction was insanely tight, and that it was very unpleasant to use. I know plenty of people who have used and dislike the angus. Clearly its not as few or as small issues as you describe

Mad_Max

Well, as I have said before in this thread, I didnt have any silicon taste when I used one, but I still found the taste to be pretty abysmal, it lost all flavor really quickly and tasted stale. I also thought the draw restriction was insanely tight, and that it was very unpleasant to use. I know plenty of people who have used and dislike the angus. Clearly its not as few or as small issues as you describe
What temperature were you using? I get great vapor and I don't have to go above the 2nd level and can finish the bowl with pure delicious flavor, though I do go in to 3rd to finish it off. The only thing unusual I taste is new flavors in my bud that I haven't tasted before, though my experience is limited compared to many.

The only problem I have is a raspy vibration in the mouthpiece base, the chrome swiveling piece. I don't yet know if I can remove this part to check it. I was able to put a paperclip in those 2 holes but hasn't helped. It is distracting and does take away from the overall experience, but I'm pretty crazy about the flavor and effects! 👍

Razhumikin

What temperature were you using? I get great vapor and I don't have to go above the 2nd level and can finish the bowl with pure delicious flavor, though I do go in to 3rd to finish it off. The only thing unusual I taste is new flavors in my bud that I haven't tasted before, though my experience is limited compared to many.

The only problem I have is a raspy vibration in the mouthpiece base, the chrome swiveling piece. I don't yet know if I can remove this part to check it. I was able to put a paperclip in those 2 holes but hasn't helped. It does take away from the overall experience, but I'm pretty crazy about the flavor and effects! 👍
Used it on temperature 2, really didnt enjoy the experience. Im honestly shocked that so many people love this vape, I really thought it was pretty substandard. Not horrible or unusable, just noticeably subpar. To each there own i guess.

terpsmcfee

Again your experience may well be valid for you, I have had no such experience. What does this say? Your experience is subjective at best and would be more widely held if there was a non- subjective source for the “flavors” n “tastes”.

Perhaps you’re using bunk CBD Hemp? I have had dispensary weed be harsh and not taste good, but it’s not the vapes fault rather the weed wasn’t cured sufficiently as is the practice of most cultivators in Illinois, they jar it up as fast as they can.

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Again your experience may well be valid for you, I have had no such experience. What does this say? Your experience is subjective at best and would be more widely held if there was a non- subjective source for the “flavors” n “tastes”.

Perhaps you’re using bunk CBD Hemp? I have had dispensary weed be harsh and not taste good, but it’s not the vapes fault rather the weed wasn’t cured sufficiently as is the practice of most dispensaries in Illinois, they jar it up as fast as they can.
Loool. I dont use bad vapes and i dont vape bad weed. Maybe just because you like this vape doesnt make it objectively good and you shouldnt discount other peoples experiences just because you dont believe them.

Mad_Max

15 people bought them in a group wholesale buy last week, and the few people that posted afterwards were all very positive. One person did have a metal shaving in his WPA. 👎That could be what's partially blocking my vapor path in the mouthpiece. There are a couple of units left.

Mad_Max,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
15 people bought them in a group wholesale buy last week, and the few people that posted afterwards were all very positive.
Is this why this thread is suddenly infused with members I have never seen before on FC?

Clearly there have been major quality control issues in this device. I feel like that is enough to explain a lot of the different experience. I don't know why it is perceived as such a mystery.

Mad_Max

Is this why this thread is suddenly infused with members I have never seen before on FC?

Clearly there have been major quality control issues in this device. I feel like that is enough to explain a lot of the different experience. I don't know why it is perceived as such a mystery.
I agree. Whether it's new startup mistakes or something more fundamental, only time will tell.

Last edited:

terpsmcfee

Are you a gatekeeper for FC? I’m not allowed here? Generally stay on Reddit and have always just lurked on FC. FC has a lot of fan-boyism and circle jerking. Hopefully I’ll be able to overlook these deficiencies and contribute.

Clearly you make unfounded accusations, “major quality control issues” says who? You? Please elucidate using production figures and failure %’s please. Anecdotal info is bunk and proves nothing.

Erybody doesn’t have to like this vape and your experience may differ from mine but that isn’t evidence of “major quality control issues” only evidence of your subjective opinion. As the Dude says “that’s just like your opinion man”

Razhumikin

Are you a gatekeeper for FC? I’m not allowed here? Generally stay on Reddit and have always just lurked on FC. FC has a lot of fan-boyism and circle jerking. Hopefully I’ll be able to overlook these deficiencies and contribute.

Clearly you make unfounded accusations, “major quality control issues” says who? You? Please elucidate using production figures and failure %’s please. Anecdotal info is bunk and proves nothing.

Erybody doesn’t have to like this vape and your experience may differ from mine but that isn’t evidence of “major quality control issues” only evidence of your subjective opinion. As the Dude says “that’s just like your opinion man”
If your contribution is to screech at anyone who brings up anything negative about this vape that theyre a liar while simultaneously accusing us of circle jerking and fanboyism i think well be fine if you stick to reddit, thanks.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Have you read this thread? Multiple vapes being returned and having to be repaired. A wide variety of "shut off" issues. Bulb failures. Some people report fully sealed devices, others report air leaks. The manufacturer replaced every cooling unit.

I would call that a series of major QC issues.

I am not the anything of FC. But I don't think you should join any forum and be rude to the existing long-time members.

If your contribution is to screech at anyone who brings up anything negative about this vape that theyre a liar while simultaneously accusing us of circle jerking and fanboyism i think well be fine if you stick to reddit, thanks.
I thought we already had one of those for this thread.

terpsmcfee

Nice try, Texus. Duplicate accounts are not allowed on FC so both of yours are now permabanned.
I thought we already had one of those for this thread.
Jump to conclusion much?

“Screech”?? Wow you need to hit the Google machine or a dictionary, that is hyperbole and only validates my previous comments.

“Liar” is your word and I haven’t called anyone a “liar” you do know the difference btwn. Purposeful fabrication and subjective opinion?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

As I tried to say, your understanding seems a bit misconstrued as you portrayed it in that post I quoted there and here, while no one was even talking about the melting plastic CUs right now as a concern... There are other concerns and issues that have been mentioned in this thread if you were to read backwards as I suggested.

Please elucidate using production figures and failure %’s please.
None of us has these, if you were to skim through the thread as I suggested you can get some sort of frame of reference... But the way you summed it up with your own numbers, it was clear that you hadn't... So its all about perspective, right?

Anecdotal info is bunk and proves nothing.
Exactly, so then why do you think yours is any different?? All is equal

only evidence of your subjective opinion. As the Dude says “that’s just like your opinion man”
Yep, lots of that here, it is appreciated when those opinions are not presented as objective universal facts is all :peace:

Anyway that whole back and forth is precisely what I was trying to avoid by informing you to read back through the thread... I think FC is a great place full of many subjective opinions (we are all vape fans) so that people can find a wealth of info to color their perspective, however that brings with it a whole lot of passion :tup:

Mad_Max

As I tried to say, your understanding seems a bit misconstrued as you portrayed it in that post I quoted there and here, while no one was even talking about the melting plastic CUs right now as a concern... There are other concerns and issues that have been mentioned in this thread if you were to read backwards as I suggested.

None of us has these, if you were to skim through the thread as I suggested you can get some sort of frame of reference... But the way you summed it up with your own numbers, it was clear that you hadn't... So its all about perspective, right?

Exactly, so then why do you think yours is any different?? All is equal

Yep, lots of that here, it is appreciated when those opinions are not presented as objective universal facts is all :peace:

Anyway that whole back and forth is precisely what I was trying to avoid by informing you to read back through the thread... I think FC is a great place full of many subjective opinions (we are all vape fans) so that people can find a wealth of info to color their perspective, however that brings with it a whole lot of passion :tup:
He's been banned. 👋

felvapes

15 people bought them in a group wholesale buy last week, and the few people that posted afterwards were all very positive. One person did have a metal shaving in his WPA. 👎That could be what's partially blocking my vapor path in the mouthpiece. There are a couple of units left.
My CU (that I never used) had bits of plastic inside too
Under the silicone piece near the MP base

I stopped posting about this vape here and on other places because I copped and saw too much bullying around anyone sharing their experience

I am still withholding information I am aware of about this one in fear of the attacks

Funny to see Tex get in trouble - he argued about a different vape with me saying you can't trust Chinese units or the materials used (and it was just a chunk of metal, no electronics) - over here he is fighting for dear life to defend one that has obviously got QC issues in the very least
I wish there were less cliques and business deals and more community based sharing

Adobewan

Well, that was unpleasant to read through.
Could it not be as simple as low-quality control on a high-quality vape?
I ask because I have bought 3 and one failed (and was immediately(nearly instantaneously) replaced by @VGOODIEZ thanks Scott! ), but the ones working are undeniably great vapes.

Regarding what's been happening in the thread, my experience telling me this is a great vape doesn't blind me to the fact that there have been legitimate issues and members have been justifiably disappointed. Sour responses are understandable, I sympathize, but I encourage camaraderie. We are here on FC together, literally for one another. If that's not your style, I'm not a mod or FC rep, but I'd ask you to leave and stay out until you can embrace that spirit.
Knowing there are people who've had good luck(sang praises) with their units I'd encourage those who've had a bad experience, who haven't already, to reach out for a replacement.

I offer that suggestion because I've bought some genuinely bad vapes that underperformed, had terrible smells and tastes, or downright didn't work. This isn't one of them.

Happy New Year!!!!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Just when I thought the worst of the thread was behind us... a fake account enters the thread. What would motivate someone to do that, I wonder...

I got great flavor from both my units (manages some flavor profiles better than others, but that's not that weird, flavor retention is better than other session vapes, and shit like price and ruggedness are all competitive. I think it's obvious that if the level of appreciation for flavor was the only issue of discussion, things wouldn't have become so heated.

My initial enthousiasm has dampened because of legit concerns that have come up, to the point that I can't recommend the vape until they are resolved krant least explained. And I would love to recommend it because of it weren't for these concerns I think it would be a great device for many consumers that are on the market for a session vape, offering maybe the best overall package for such a device.

I'm not sure if I would blame it all on QC. I mean QC should've caught a lot of those issues, but the frequency of their occurrence and or their seriousness make me wonder about what goes on before that. The production line and/or hardware design apparently allow for issues that either have a unacceptable high chance of occurring (like the power off after putting it down and the non airtight units), or are of such a troublesome nature (like the plastic flavor) that te more than just a QC issue.

Personally my only issue with my unit is that there is a non avoidable silicone oring in the vapor path right above the chamber (the issue I had with my first unit seems resolved in the second batch). I think i Could've known about this oring thought if I had better looked at the drawings that were shared. But the concerns raised by others, foremost the plastic flavor but also the high occurrence of other issues, are generally off putting and I really hope to see them explained and resolved.

felvapes

Just when I thought the worst of the thread was behind us... a fake account enters the thread. What would motivate someone to do that, I wonder...

I got great flavor from both my units (manages some flavor profiles better than others, but that's not that weird, flavor retention is better than other session vapes, and shit like price and ruggedness are all competitive. I think it's obvious that if the level of appreciation for flavor was the only issue of discussion, things wouldn't have become so heated.

My initial enthousiasm has dampened because of legit concerns that have come up, to the point that I can't recommend the vape until they are resolved krant least explained. And I would love to recommend it because of it weren't for these concerns I think it would be a great device for many consumers that are on the market for a session vape, offering maybe the best overall package for such a device.

I'm not sure if I would blame it all on QC. I mean QC should've caught a lot of those issues, but the frequency of their occurrence and or their seriousness make me wonder about what goes on before that. The production line and/or hardware design apparently allow for issues that either have a unacceptable high chance of occurring (like the power off after putting it down and the non airtight units), or are of such a troublesome nature (like the plastic flavor) that te more than just a QC issue.

Personally my only issue with my unit is that there is a non avoidable silicone oring in the vapor path right above the chamber (the issue I had with my first unit seems resolved in the second batch). I think i Could've known about this oring thought if I had better looked at the drawings that were shared. But the concerns raised by others, foremost the plastic flavor but also the high occurrence of other issues, are generally off putting and I really hope to see them explained and resolved.
The battery thing I found out
I told Bing and I told Mike ages ago

It isn't springs
It is a cut off switch it seems

If you turn the vape on but do not start heating and hit the bottom of the device it will not turn off no matter how hard you hit it (within reason lol)

If you start the heating cycle and then softly tap the bottom it turns off
I was assuming it is a stoner safety switch in case you fall asleep using it or something and drop it

I confirmed this with a few owners so assumed it was consistent - I could be wrong

I let Mike know as he was saying here and on discord that it was an issue with springs that he would swap
It obviously isn't springs if it stays on when not heating
I let him know so that he could save time and money swapping springs (and so he could check with a technician if this was a safety switch design) - he never replied publically or via inbox
I did find it strange that I found this "feature" and Mike the owner didn't know about it and thought it was faulty springs when customers raised the issue

All the other issues I have experienced are something that have never been addressed though and I have copped shit for sharing my experience

Last edited:

jasp3r

Just got my replacement cooling unit to replace the recalled piece that shipped with the device.

Just took it out of box and it looks like it was under Mikes car seat for a week. Really disappointing that the replacement for a RECALLED piece comes in this condition.

https://imgur.io/a/AGk32KQ

Honestly super disappointed. Wanted to give a second chance to this vape but I mean how many red flags can be ignored or dismissed?

Something tells me QA Should be their absolute top priority?

Having trouble seeing this product inspire any confidence

Edit: seems like a bunch of peoples cooling units came like this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom