The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

checkyourlibido

I’m mostly concerned with the CU issue. It produces good vapor and has nice battery life. The longevity of the unit will remain in question for a while since it’s such a new design. I’m hopeful it will holdup well.
I agree, I’m curious as to how long term battery longevity will be with the 2 battery design. But batteries are cheap either way it wouldn’t likely be a deal breaker for me

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Got 5 testers, thanks for the interest. Ill get you guys set up for shipping but i ordered different glass and ill be sending a few different options to test so it will probably be a week or two

Since we saw that they are likely balance charging the pair (at least there are two balance taps, but I believe it's for redundancy as a single one would be enough for 2S1P right?) there is a possibility that the MCU (or BMS) is also doing per-cell discharge monitoring. So maybe it wouldn't be too bad to have mismatched cells, compared to other units that are solely measuring the summed voltage.

For whatever reason, mine has no issue with using mixed batteries. I last used it 3 days ago and its sitting at all but one light

Pukka

I have an Angus coming in soon from 420EDC with the WPA and Bubbler.
I am looking for alternative glass stems to use with the WPA.
I would appriciate any info I can get here.....thanx
I started with a 14mm dimpled stem that looks like a spikey 14mm testtube with a hole and swapped to an 18mm spikey straight tube from VGoodiEZ's clearance a while ago (originally bought to use with a dotLeaf) or the big bent 18mm Sticky Brick mouthpiece.

terpsmcfee

I have an Angus coming in soon from 420EDC with the WPA and Bubbler.
I am looking for alternative glass stems to use with the WPA.
I would appriciate any info I can get here.....thanx
I just ordered my SECOND Angus via 420EDC! Previously ordered from across the pond and still awaiting the updated CU from RecVapeS.co.uk, back in November 420EDC hadn't stocked the Angus yet.

Have always loved the personal service provided by Mark and the staff on multiple previous orders.

Really can't lavish enough praise on this vape and haven't experienced any issues with it. session #3 and after (no cool-down period) the vape does get pretty toasty, but then this characteristic seems shared by the majority of handheld electric-powered devices.

In short, I never order a second vape of the same model unless and until I am sure it's a winner!

Old Stoner1958

I just ordered my SECOND Angus via 420EDC! Previously ordered from across the pond and still awaiting the updated CU from RecVapeS.co.uk, back in November 420EDC hadn't stocked the Angus yet.

Have always loved the personal service provided by Mark and the staff on multiple previous orders.

Really can't lavish enough praise on this vape and haven't experienced any issues with it. session #3 and after (no cool-down period) the vape does get pretty toasty, but then this characteristic seems shared by the majority of handheld electric-powered devices.

In short, I never order a second vape of the same model unless and until I am sure it's a winner!
I totally agree with you about Mark and 420EDC. I bought my first vaoe(Roffu) there and have placed several orders there also.
I am looking forward to the Angus. I am new to vaping (smoked for decades) and f eel I have made a good choice for a session vape with the Angus.
TRWW also has nice stems with 14 or 18mm f joint. Very affordable and nice cooling.
Thank you very much......I like the stems and am going to get a couple. Good prices.
I started with a 14mm dimpled stem that looks like a spikey 14mm testtube with a hole and swapped to an 18mm spikey straight tube from VGoodiEZ's clearance a while ago (originally bought to use with a dotLeaf) or the big bent 18mm Sticky Brick mouthpiece.
Thank you also

I knew I would get some good leads here

terpsmcfee

I totally agree with you about Mark and 420EDC. I bought my first vaoe(Roffu) there and have placed several orders there also.
I am looking forward to the Angus. I am new to vaping (smoked for decades) and f eel I have made a good choice for a session vape with the Angus.

Thank you very much......I like the stems and am going to get a couple. Good prices.

Thank you also

I knew I would get some good leads here
Hey OldStoner! I think you’ll really dig the Angus!

I have exclusively vaped since 2013, and found it’s a superior experience to combustion hence this community. It’s like somebody took that German device that looks like Robbie the Robot, and jazzed it up bringing it to “modern” standards. I have had nothing but operational excellence from this vape. It has been the smoothest, trouble free right from the box! I have 30+ vapes so been there done that with 90% of the vapes in the wild.

terpsmcfee

Herbalizer? :lol:

(Yes I know this is about the mighty. I just don't think it looks like Robby)
The resemblance is in the black plastic and “fins” the segments of plastic slots that make up the surface. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

It’s clear the Angus is a Mighty dressed up for Sunday! The same basic architecture is there, two battery bays seperated by the heating element/oven assembly. The Angus wraps the device in black walnut and chrome and includes a C charger port as well. It’s a clear improvement on the Mighty+! I have the OG Mighty and OG Crafty both are fine except for the largely non-replaceable batteries(yes I know if you have some skill with soldering, the batts. In the Mighty can be replaced) but not by me.

terpsmcfee,

840_divided_by_two

Well I just pulled the trigger on a great deal I found by browsing @VGOODIEZ late at night ... Guess I have a Tinymight 2 and Angus on the way now :) I think the Mighty+ I bought last week is going to have to be returned before I even open it!

No more need for the mighty since I just got a brand spankin new Crafty+ (previous gen w micro USB) last week and love it. The only reason I planned on keeping the Mighty was for the added battery life and creature comforts like the LED screen and USB-C. Heaters are the same so that's a no brainier.

But now I get a similar vape with better aesthetics, replaceable 18650's, a neat heating mechanism, and objectively better looks PLUS what's considered one of the best portable on-demands on the market for a $150 more?? Feeling like a kid on Christmas rn lol

Cjk0812

Well I just pulled the trigger on a great deal I found by browsing @VGOODIEZ late at night ... Guess I have a Tinymight 2 and Angus on the way now :) I think the Mighty+ I bought last week is going to have to be returned before I even open it!

No more need for the mighty since I just got a brand spankin new Crafty+ (previous gen w micro USB) last week and love it. The only reason I planned on keeping the Mighty was for the added battery life and creature comforts like the LED screen and USB-C. Heaters are the same so that's a no brainier.

But now I get a similar vape with better aesthetics, replaceable 18650's, a neat heating mechanism, and objectively better looks PLUS what's considered one of the best portable on-demands on the market for a $150 more?? Feeling like a kid on Christmas rn lol

With those two coming I'd definitely be feeling like a kid on Christmas morning myself. That's a nice variety if I do say so myself though.

840_divided_by_two

With those two coming I'd definitely be feeling like a kid on Christmas morning myself. That's a nice variety if I do say so myself though.
Thanks!

Figured my use cases will probably be:

Crafty+: The Tank

For when I need something that just works and won't break if it gets beat up a bit. Skiing, hiking, travelling, concerts, etc. Ol' reliable.

TM2: The Stealthy Munitions Expert.

For being discreet, but also for demolishing anyone who rips it if that's what they need. Great for walks around the park, taking to casual events/parties, and sneaking a hit or two at work conferences/family events. Also for when I just want to blast off to space and clear a bowl in one hit. Too fragile/expensive imo to pocket carry compared to the other two.

Angus: The Hot Secretary

They may be a bit new to the show, but that's okay! The Angus will sit on my desk or hell even a display case and be reserved for tasty rips of new strains and general use around the house. Gaming sessions, relaxing, etc. Too pretty for the streets but affordable enough that I can still take it out on the town without being toooo worried. Crafty will still be the daily driver for durability's sake.

polopo54

Anyone here whou bought from Vapewellness - did you hear anything in regards to the revised cooling units? I've sent an e-mail and am waiting for a response. Thanks!

polopo54,

Mad_Max

The material around the chamber is called PEEK; I just looked it up:

"PEEK material (polyetheretherketone) is a high-performance semi-crystalline engineering thermoplastic with outstanding harsh chemical resistance, very low moisture uptake, good fire performance, excellent mechanical strength across a broad temperature range, and good dimensional stability. The crystalline nature of PEEK contributes to its outstanding properties."

Exactly! 🤪

Last edited:
Top Bottom