The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Pukka

I've just removed several posts that had nothing to do with the Angus. Please keep your posts in this thread on the topic of the vape.

Thank you.

:peace:
Sure thing boss, I'm sorry I was part of you having to get involved. I'll do my best to be on my best behaviour from now on. 😇

Pukka,

seedy53

Just fyi, the bulb swapout video is now public on YLL's YT channel:

Some notes: should anyone decide to attempt this, be VERY CAREFUL when removing the oven not to put any pressure on the thin temp sensor wires that run from the oven to the PCB. I cannot stress this enough, they are incredibly delicate.
ANGUS: Is there a model # on the bulb that describes it's specs? or something like it?

seedy53,
Reactions: AD

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Watched the video. So it's not the bulb that needs soldering, that's just the two balancing wires. This could have been avoided with a different design and that would have made the bulb more easily user-serviceable. Although that nameplate sticker adhesive would probably be in a bad shape pretty quickly (but if you replace it once or twice during the vape lifetime, should be good enough)

I imagine the second wire is there for redundancy but technically a single tap between the two cells is enough for balancing. Both ends of the chain are available at the bottom terminals. Electrically all the top, including screw caps and the 4 pillars are I believe at the same potential, unless I missed something.

Due to tolerances the pillar ends need to be manually aligned to fit, so it's probably tricky. And of course with the benefit of hindsight everything looks much simpler. But I believe there could have been a way to make a friction contact (like battery tabs in your average cell holder, or some other form of spring loaded contact) from the side of one pillar directly to the PCB, eliminating the need for the tap wire.

But overall it's well thought out. We knew that from the manufacturer provided schematics already. And even with that detail, anyone with average soldering skills should be able to service it (although you probably need a good iron with plenty of power to overcome the thermal mass of the pillar plus the high temperature required for lead-free to flow)

sickmanfraud

Has anyone tried loading the cannabis into the bowl once it comes to Temperature?

Ninety seconds of cooking during warm-up can't improve the taste, can it?

It seems to me that those of you with more refined palates than mine would be able to notice a difference.

Texus

Has anyone tried loading the cannabis into the bowl once it comes to Temperature?

It seems to me that those of you with more refined palates than mine would be able to notice a difference.
Becomes easier loading flower into a glass stem that fits but prob less effect since that same glass is insulating flower from any heat on sidewalls of chamber.

Texus,

leanpubpackage

a

I usually turn it on before I grind so that by the time I load the bowl, it’s ready to go. I don’t notice a massive difference tbh either way though

TeaCup

Whenever we get back up and running again with this vape would I be able to use it like my Fury Edge.........take one hit then turn it off and take the top off the heater for cool down? I have no use for a session vape but I want a new vape.

TeaCup,
Reactions: seedy53

Texus

Whenever we get back up and running again with this vape would I be able to use it like my Fury Edge.........take one hit then turn it off and take the top off the heater for cool down? I have no use for a session vape but I want a new vape.
I've certainly just clicked it right off afterwards once I've gotten a good hit. Don't feel like chamber holds that much heat when halogen is off so may be OK with not even removing top.

Or if you go with something like the FW7 Dimpled cooling stem that I like, since you pack the stem you can just lift the herb right now by sliding out stem.

Texus,
  • Love
Reactions: TeaCup

Manako_

Would anyone know if the Angus has a temperature protector?
When I use it with concentrates I can use it for 3 continuous sessions and that makes it get very hot, more than any other vape I have, when I take out the batteries they are very hot, as I have never felt before, I understand the excessive heat in the batteries It's not good, should I worry?

Manako_,

sickmanfraud

This is frequently my dilemma with the Angus. I also have difficulty with a session vape.

Most of the time I use my Tinymight 2, I use my Angus when I am in pain or right before sleep. When I can catch myself I load a partial bowl and that works best for my usage pattern.

I will say this, I have used one re-filling over several short "sessions" where I raise the temp each time I turn the Angus back on and my cannabis does not taste nasty as it does in many other vapes.

Seriously FFC

Quick question for anyone who knows. I'm getting a Angus sent to me directly from the manufacturer and I wanted to know what I need to look out for in the vape. How would I know it has a new cu which I'm guessing is the mouthpiece correct? Anything else I need to be worried about or any way of knowing if I got the upgraded latest version of the angus?

Seriously FFC

The best way of knowing is by asking them directly. I don't think there have been any reports of the updated cu in the wild fwiw.
Ok np will do ty very much. Btw any hacks u know of using other glass attatchments from other things?

Seriously FFC,

chimpybits

Last edited:

seedy53

Watched the video. So it's not the bulb that needs soldering, that's just the two balancing wires. This could have been avoided with a different design and that would have made the bulb more easily user-serviceable. Although that nameplate sticker adhesive would probably be in a bad shape pretty quickly (but if you replace it once or twice during the vape lifetime, should be good enough)

I imagine the second wire is there for redundancy but technically a single tap between the two cells is enough for balancing. Both ends of the chain are available at the bottom terminals. Electrically all the top, including screw caps and the 4 pillars are I believe at the same potential, unless I missed something.

Due to tolerances the pillar ends need to be manually aligned to fit, so it's probably tricky. And of course with the benefit of hindsight everything looks much simpler. But I believe there could have been a way to make a friction contact (like battery tabs in your average cell holder, or some other form of spring loaded contact) from the side of one pillar directly to the PCB, eliminating the need for the tap wire.

But overall it's well thought out. We knew that from the manufacturer provided schematics already. And even with that detail, anyone with average soldering skills should be able to service it (although you probably need a good iron with plenty of power to overcome the thermal mass of the pillar plus the high temperature required for lead-free to flow)
Wonder if the bulb is a G4 50 watt or 35 watt halogen bulb? G8? what watt output?

seedy53,

Dr. G

Old Resident
Quick question for anyone who knows. I'm getting a Angus sent to me directly from the manufacturer and I wanted to know what I need to look out for in the vape. How would I know it has a new cu which I'm guessing is the mouthpiece correct? Anything else I need to be worried about or any way of knowing if I got the upgraded latest version of the angus?
How did you manage to get one from the manufacturer? He does not sell his vape on his website...last time I checked.

I also got a notice that I am gettinng a new cooling unit from Vgoodies where I bought it...anyone else?

brave.heater

http://www.brave-heater.co
Manufacturer
Just fyi, the bulb swapout video is now public on YLL's YT channel:

Some notes: should anyone decide to attempt this, be VERY CAREFUL when removing the oven not to put any pressure on the thin temp sensor wires that run from the oven to the PCB. I cannot stress this enough, they are incredibly delicate.
Many Thanks @mike @YLLVAPE OFFICAL

Dr. G

Old Resident
LOL....when I look at this its fascinating. For me, when my bulb goes out...I am just gonna set it aside. LOL I am not going to do all that. Forget about it. I would put that together after screwing everything up and it will become the Rabbits Foot Tom Cruise was looking for in MIA 3.

Please tell me that the cooling unit is easier to change...because apparently I am getting a new one from VGoodies and I hope its like....take this out and slip this in...if not, oh boy for me.

Top Bottom