The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Where's the teardown of that og Angus we were going to see?
Maybe I've missed something. What is the ETA of all the new cooling units? Are all new units still 'out f stock' until replenishment with new C/U?

@YLLVAPE OFFICAL I have asked in the thread a few times now, what is the species of wood the Angus housing is made from? Can you tell us anything about the wood or its sourcing?

Old Stoner1958

The teardown in on this site.....look at all the Angus pics and you will see it.

EarthworldTim

The teardown in on this site.....look at all the Angus pics and you will see it.
Those pics were posted in the thread already.

Will rubies make much of a difference other than some extra heat retention for longer sessions? Aesthetics-wise it looks nice.

Pukka

Will rubies make much of a difference other than some extra heat retention for longer sessions? Aesthetics-wise it looks nice.
I saw (I think) a thread comparing the differences between ball compositation. Something like _glass < boro < ruby/etc < something whose name I can't remember < etc._

Pukka,

Grover

Retailer
Where's the teardown of that og Angus we were going to see?
Maybe I've missed something. What is the ETA of all the new cooling units? Are all new units still 'out f stock' until replenishment with new C/U?

@YLLVAPE OFFICAL I have asked in the thread a few times now, what is the species of wood the Angus housing is made from? Can you tell us anything about the wood or its sourcing?
Dunno about the rest but I've got a tracking number for the delivery of the new CU's...UPS predicts a delivery on 20 Dec 2022 here in BC, Canada. Keeping in mind that this is the Xmas season and UPS we're talking about here. When they do arrive, I will offer these for free to everyone who has purchased an Angus from Soothing Vapours, with the option of free smail mail shipping or $15 CAD flat rate for tracked shipping. Hope this helps.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@VGOODIEZ also sent an email saying they would send the replacement mouthpieces, to reply if you have a change of address or want faster shipping... Doesn't solve any of my issues so we'll see, maybe I will sell it with the new mouthpiece in classifieds...

Wow! Only six people think the first full teardown of an Angus and the changeover to ruby balls is worth note?

I also totally missed that, but also didn't see any new total tear down... Swapping the glass for ruby doesn't do anything for me in this case, here not really very interesting performance-wise though it looks good?

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Those pics were posted in the thread already.

The flavour is a lot better in addition to greater performance.

RE: why no teardown: I have been given access to disassembly instructions from YLL in order to train to service Angus for bulb swapouts. That is the reason I did not film and will not post a tear down, as it would go against Mike's wishes. Nothing about the build concerns me from a health and safety standpoint; all electronics and solder are properly isolated from the airpath and heat.

If anybody has questions, feel free to ask, I'll answer what I can. There's another fella on IG "TheCanaPartsShop" who followed my lead and did the same upgrade. He isnt bound by any agreement with YLL, so if you ask him nicely, he might post up his teardown photos (he took some, I've seen them).

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The flavour is a lot better in addition to greater performance.

RE: why no teardown: I have been given access to disassembly instructions from YLL in order to train to service Angus for bulb swapouts. That is the reason I did not film and will not post a tear down, as it would go against Mike's wishes. Nothing about the build concerns me from a health and safety standpoint; all electronics and solder are properly isolated from the airpath and heat.

If anybody has questions, feel free to ask, I'll answer what I can. There's another fella on IG "TheCanaPartsShop" who followed my lead and did the same upgrade. He isnt bound by any agreement with YLL, so if you ask him nicely, he might post up his teardown photos (he took some, I've seen them).
Are you an Angus reseller?

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Probably want to get you some flair so we know that you have a vested interest.
Flair to reflect my interest in swapping lightbulbs? Why? Lol.. I make no money from Angus, I make it from my labour in servicing them. And to be completely honest, I haven't serviced a single unit to date. I've only torn my own down to learn the process.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@BingsBuddery
To clarify, there have been 2 (or more?) teardowns discussed here, one asking apparently about your 'mod' and another that I think vgoodiez was going to do on a returned unit?

The flair would be so we can all see at a glance that you have a relationship with a manufacturer, regardless of whether they pay you or someone else does, to 'change a light bulb'. Not a big deal.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
@BingsBuddery
To clarify, there have been 2 (or more?) teardowns discussed here, one asking apparently about your 'mod' and another that I think vgoodiez was going to do on a returned unit?

The flair would be so we can all see at a glance that you have a relationship with a manufacturer, regardless of whether they pay you or someone else does, to 'change a light bulb'. Not a big deal.
I think ya'll might be getting a bit ridiculous with this flair stuff when a service tech needs to identify their "vested interest". Just my opinion, though.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have been given access to disassembly instructions from YLL in order to train to service Angus for bulb swapouts. T
@YLLVAPE OFFICAL is there any reason you can't share these disassembly instructions with everyone? There is a lot of momentum happening in the open repair movement right now and this would buy a lot of good will.
Thanks!

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
@YLLVAPE OFFICAL is there any reason you can't share these disassembly instructions with everyone? There is a lot of momentum happening in the open repair movement right now and this would buy a lot of good will.
Thanks!
I support "right to repair", as well. In a perfect world, the info and parts needed for self-repair should always be available to those with the skill to utilize them. If Mike changes his tune after somebody (who isnt bound by a verbal agreement) posts some teardown photos, I'll gladly film and post an entire teardown.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I support "right to repair", as well. In a perfect world, the info and parts needed for self-repair should always be available to those with the skill to utilize them. If Mike changes his tune after somebody (who isnt bound by a verbal agreement) posts some teardown photos, I'll gladly film and post an entire teardown.
Nice! I would not ask you to share anything without explicit permission. I was just wondering if YLLVAPES would like to.

Last edited:
Grass Yes,
Reactions: vapviking

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Nice! I would not ask you to share anything without explicit permission. I was just wondering if YLLVAPES would like too.
I'm going to speak with him about releasing this info.. I think all-in-all, it would be a net positive for transparency and a step toward right-to-repair. I highly doubt anyone with zero solder experience is going to be inspired by a teardown anyway, so I doubt it would result in a lot of extra bricked units.

**Double** please combine. Sorry mods!

Edit: Good news, Mike has agreed to share video of teardown and disassembly! He's going to take a full disassembly video for the community, I'll share it the minute I have a link.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
RE: why no teardown: I have been given access to disassembly instructions from YLL in order to train to service Angus for bulb swapouts. That is the reason I did not film and will not post a tear down, as it would go against Mike's wishes.
I guess this is the real reason why @VGOODIEZ did not teardown @Zuhdj unit, this should have been disclosed then IMO but i can understand why it wasn’t. it is the very reason why interested persons have more limits to their posting in the forum

There was a third one, @RAG was goinG to do it on his unit

Bersa222

Cooling Unit Version 2 on the way. I’ve enjoyed the Angus so far. Battery life has been great and it works really well.

Bersa222,
Reactions: Adobewan

RAG

I guess this is the real reason why @VGOODIEZ did not teardown @Zuhdj unit, this should have been disclosed then IMO but i can understand why it wasn’t. it is the very reason why interested persons have more limits to their posting in the forum

I’ve just haven’t had the time yet, end of year so got a lot of projects that Im finishing up plus that I’ve got a lot of people sick in my teams at work so feeling like Vishnu jumping all over the place. Also have to lead other teams as my colleague is in the hospital after an accident. Hopefully I’ll get to it over Christmas, but don’t dare to promise anything at the moment. But tbh lost quite a lot of interest in this vape due to the manufacturer ignoring my concernes about a plastic taste from the unit even without the CU. I’ve reminded him as well about it but he’s ignoring it and just saying that the cu is being sent out.

Cooling Unit Version 2 on the way. I’ve enjoyed the Angus so far. Battery life has been great and it works really well.
Are you getting the new CU trough a reseller or trough the manufacturer? Just received a notification about a parcel from VF Forever. Wondering if that’s Mike sending out the new CU. Anyone the wiser as to what company he ships from? As I’m getting my replacement directly from Mike as my reseller https://vapeurshop.com/produit/angus-yllvape-vaporisateur-portable/ ignored both my emails about my CU and plastic taste from the device.

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus

Idk. I think it's just a busy time of year. Hell, I'm too busy for a tear down ( that I can't do) and I don't even sell stuff haha. Cut them some slack. It's not like they have a bunch of free time all day. And I just want to point out that the og tm does NOT have an isolated airpath. Neither does the TP80 or the highlighter. And neither have been railed on like this and neither have even tried to isolate the airpath. At least the angus man put in some effort on isolating the airpath. Maybe it tastes like silicone (not to me). It's cuz he used silicone parts in an attempt to seal it all. So no shit it tastes like silicone. Either way, y'all are being ridiculous with this stuff.

Why would VGEZ lie about the lack of a tear down and why? Have you guys ever known VGEZ to do shit like that? He's taken items off his store for less than what you're accusing Mike of (ie the ufo IH). Why would Mike continuously lie about his vape that he's clearly very passionate about? Not only that but the man barely speaks English and y'all are railing on him for not answering every single question fully. Have you ever dealt with a language barrier before? (The answer is obviously no). I have and it's pretty obvious that he's trying and literally doesn't have enough English vocabulary to fully communicate with us. It's not his fault he was born in a foreign country. Maybe if someone reached out in his native language it'd be helpful.

Also, seems like retailers are sending the CU. VGEZ just sent an order confirmation for mine.

Top Bottom