The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Bersa222

I’ve just haven’t had the time yet, end of year so got a lot of projects that Im finishing up plus that I’ve got a lot of people sick in my teams at work so feeling like Vishnu jumping all over the place. Also have to lead other teams as my colleague is in the hospital after an accident. Hopefully I’ll get to it over Christmas, but don’t dare to promise anything at the moment. But tbh lost quite a lot of interest in this vape due to the manufacturer ignoring my concernes about a plastic taste from the unit even without the CU. I’ve reminded him as well about it but he’s ignoring it and just saying that the cu is being sent out.

Are you getting the new CU trough a reseller or trough the manufacturer? Just received a notification about a parcel from VF Forever. Wondering if that’s Mike sending out the new CU. Anyone the wiser?
My reseller reached out and offered the replacement. Even said it could be passed on if I had sold the Angus. I was a little surprised.

Bersa222,
Reactions: BigJr48

brave.heater

http://www.brave-heater.co
Manufacturer

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Why would VGEZ lie about the lack of a tear down and why?

To me it’s hard to believe YLL asks soothing vapes contracted tech service not to show a teardown and asks nothing to VGEZ whom was announced here to be going to do the same (both teardown and bulb swapping).
I reckon disclosing this information at best add nothing to sales department and it is legit both from manufacture and reseller POV, but transparency wise this is no good for both IMO

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: davesmith

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Just fyi, the bulb swapout video is now public on YLL's YT channel:

Some notes: should anyone decide to attempt this, be VERY CAREFUL when removing the oven not to put any pressure on the thin temp sensor wires that run from the oven to the PCB. I cannot stress this enough, they are incredibly delicate.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
While I’m not interested in this device, I did watch the linked bulb swap video.

I’ll point out one aspect that this repair person did NOT do properly, in case anyone attempts this.
DO NOT use your BARE FINGERS, when handling any high pressure halogen BULB! (as seen in video)
The oils from your skin, left on the bulb surface, can over time create a bubble from the extreme heat, and the bulb can eventually fail, or explode.
There is usually a small pamphlet included with most new replacement halogen bulbs that explains this, and suggests handling the bulb with the paper wrapper it comes in, or gloves etc. I’ve handled large 5-10-20K (20,000 watts) bulbs, and these come with a white Cotten glove.
Good luck!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Some notes: should anyone decide to attempt this, be VERY CAREFUL when removing the oven not to put any pressure on the thin temp sensor wires that run from the oven to the PCB. I cannot stress this enough, they are incredibly delicate.
This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing this and thank @YLLVAPE OFFICAL for me too.

This video clearly shows it is not serviceable by most customers as was said all along by YLL. But I would feel comfortable doing it if it was past the warranty date. And these instructions make it easy for any repair shop to take on this job.

It sounds like YLL is considering a V2. I can imagine a couple of small tweaks that would make replacing the bulb and other simple repairs even easier. Here is hoping that factors in to the new design.

I feel like this video is a great example of why I love this forum. Thanks again @BingsBuddery .

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
To me it’s hard to believe YLL asks soothing vapes contracted tech service not to show a teardown and asks nothing to VGEZ whom was announced here to be going to do the same (both teardown and bulb swapping).
I reckon disclosing this information at best add nothing to sales department and it is legit both from manufacture and reseller POV, but transparency wise this is no good for both IMO
VGEZ never announced anything. I did based on an email exchange I had with a CS representative. Maybe YLL's reluctance to reveal the full design of their vape is the reason VGEZ hasn't done it yet. We don't really know. But there's a nice video out now So maybe it'll clear some stuff up. I haven't seen it yet so I'm not sure.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
I feel like this video is a great example of why I love this forum. Thanks again @BingsBuddery .
All credit is due to YLL, and Mike's progressive attitude. Teardowns are commonplace in other areas of electronics such as phones, which we don't even breathe through. I applaud this level of transparency in the vaporizer industry and would challenge other vape manufacturers to do the same.

Edit: The above video is obviously not a full tear-down, but Mike has said that he will have an engineer do one. No timeline on that though.

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Thank you very much, this video gives a lot of useful informations : from it I understand everyone with a soldering iron could replace the bulb if needed, this is very good! (+1 avoid to touch bulb with your finger)
but also that silicone around bulb socket is maybe the source for off flavors someone smells: it is in air path and get heated by the bulb socket which is heated directly by bulb and in conclusion this ends my interest in Angus

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Thank you very much, this video gives a lot of useful informations : from it I understand everyone with a soldering iron could replace the bulb if needed, this is very good! (+1 avoid to touch bulb with your finger)
but also that silicone around bulb socket is maybe the source for off flavors someone smells: it is in air path and get heated by the bulb socket which is heated directly by bulb and in conclusion this ends my interest in Angus
The silicone sits below / on the lower end of the socket; there is a glass ring that sits atop the silicone and surrounds the upper, hotter part of socket.

Last edited:

leanpubpackage

While I’m not interested in this device, I did watch the linked bulb swap video.

I’ll point out one aspect that this repair person did NOT do properly, in case anyone attempts this.
DO NOT use your BARE FINGERS, when handling any high pressure halogen BULB! (as seen in video)
The oils from your skin, left on the bulb surface, can over time create a bubble from the extreme heat, and the bulb can eventually fail, or explode.
There is usually a small pamphlet included with most new replacement halogen bulbs that explains this, and suggests handling the bulb with the paper wrapper it comes in, or gloves etc. I’ve handled large 5-10-20K (20,000 watts) bulbs, and these come with a white Cotten glove.
Good luck!
Interesting comment. If the precaution wasn’t taken in the training video, then I would assume that the bulb was handled the same way during assembly, thus potentially already decreasing the lifespan of the bulb

leanpubpackage,
Reactions: SonicBacon

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
That was originally the video provided for training purposes, and I can imagine that's why they didn't care about the bulb handling.. It should have been mentioned in the video that gloves are required, but I tend to think it's more of an oversight in the production of the video than a factory assembly habit.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Instructional video? I mean it comes from the manufacturer and provides step by step instructions on how to change the heater bulb 🙃

On the YouTube page, listed as one of two videos, it’s says: “Angus Bulb Replacement”. In my opinion, that’s NOT a “training” video, so where do you suddenly come up with “instructional video”, I didn’t use that WORD!

I asked WHY?, to a different member, not you, why THEY believed it was a TRAINING video, and not a response for the requests in this thread for doing the bulb replacement by end users.

Have none of you seen how these are made on Chinese assembly lines…. they are made to where gloves…

Anyone with moderate intelligence would understand the context of my original post, educating those that may attempt a bulb replacement should consider wearing gloves, unlike the person in the video… OBVIOUSLY NOT working on an assembly line, but a DESK….. for the requested video.

OK, I’m done participating in this thread now… have fun.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
In my opinion, that’s NOT a “training” video
That might be your opinion but I was one of the people training to do it, and that was the video I was provided. So quite literally, it was used as a training video for service techs of Angus retailers to learn bulb replacement. It was created at the request of retailers, not forum members.

Edit: As promised, here is an entire tear-down (or rather, a build-up!), straight from YLL. I'd like to share this with a formal challenge to ALL internal-electronics vape manufacturers to follow suit. Let's see under that skirt!

Last edited:

Pukka

On the YouTube page, listed as one of two videos, it’s says: “Angus Bulb Replacement”. In my opinion, that’s NOT a “training” video, so where do you suddenly come up with “instructional video”, I didn’t use that WORD!

I asked WHY?, to a different member, not you, why THEY believed it was a TRAINING video, and not a response for the requests in this thread for doing the bulb replacement by end users.

Have none of you seen how these are made on Chinese assembly lines…. they are made to where gloves…

Anyone with moderate intelligence would understand the context of my original post, educating those that may attempt a bulb replacement should consider wearing gloves, unlike the person in the video… OBVIOUSLY NOT working on an assembly line, but a DESK….. for the requested video.

Dayum, who peed in your Cheerio's this loverly morning?

leanpubpackage

Why are you raging over semantics??? You made a great observation and then get so upset over something that doesnt really affect you lol

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Me on Friday
Where's the teardown of that og Angus we were going to see?
You yesterday
Edit: As promised, here is an entire tear-down (or rather, a build-up!), straight from YLL. I'd like to share this with a formal challenge to ALL internal-electronics vape manufacturers to follow suit. Let's see under that skirt!

Well done!
Thank you!
I am definitely more interested in this Angus thing now.

How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb?
Only one, but the lightbulb has to really want to change.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I guess this is the real reason why @VGOODIEZ did not teardown @Zuhdj unit, this should have been disclosed then IMO but i can understand why it wasn’t. it is the very reason why interested persons have more limits to their posting in the forum

There was a third one, @RAG was goinG to do it on his unit
Are we really going to talk about people and their interest here that is not being disclosed on FC because I'm pretty sure there's other people that are a lot more relevant than our friend @BingsBuddery.

I simply have not had time to do this.. frankly I don't really exactly remember volunteering to do it but I would have considered it had I had time. So you can go on spreading your BS about real reasons or whatever I really don't care anymore. Nobody here owes you a thing.

Last edited:

Old Stoner1958

Are we really going to talk about people and their interest here that is not being disclosed on FC because I'm pretty sure there's other people that are a lot more relevant than our friend @BingsBuddery.

I simply have not had time to do this.. frankly I don't really exactly remember volunteering to do it but I would have considered it had I had time. So you can go on spreading your BS about real reasons or whatever I really don't care anymore.
Why is it that people these days expect everything and want it now? This is a new device.....have some patiebce.

Top Bottom