The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Texus

I believe they were a bit confused by your reaction, which is also why I replied to you as well, because the video has nothing to do with the use of the vape... No one has to do anything in the video, or watch it, so we don't understand why you think that makes this vape too much work when all you want is to get high, because that is all you have to do... but I guess if you're going to smoke a blunt you don't even really want to vape! ;):p:lol:
Yeah. Just wasn't clear to me what OP was referring to. But guess I'll go have an average day instead of an answer. Enjoy your blunt.

Pukka

Yeah. Just wasn't clear to me what OP was referring to. But guess I'll go have an average day instead of an answer. Enjoy your blunt.
Oh man, don't have an average day, please have an extraordanairly, wonderously, magnificiently, delightfully, incredulusy fantastic day, then devour food and eradicate bowls 😎

edit: opps 🙃

And all the rest of you all, have a grand day!

Hippie

I've used 10 20 35 and 50W G4s in my DiY builds
They use a 50 in the Highlighter for better longevity, if I remember correctly
I've not run them long enough to notice any difference tho to be honest

Texus

Oh man, don't have an average day, please have an extraordanairly, wonderously, magnificiently, delightfully, incredulusy fantastic day, then devour food and eradicate bowls 😎

edit: opps 🙃

And all the rest of you all, have a grand day!
I like this vision more. I'll go with that. And I just iso-soaked all my glass for Christmas

seedy53

I've used 10 20 35 and 50W G4s in my DiY builds
They use a 50 in the Highlighter for better longevity, if I remember correctly
I've not run them long enough to notice any difference tho to be honest
but they are all 12 volt
2 x 3.7 volt batteries do not get to 12 volt. seems wrong

Last edited:
seedy53,

Hippie

You can work it out with Ohms law
V (volts) = I (current) x R (resistance)
P (power) = I x T (time) x V
T =1 so that effectively means P=IV

A 50W bulb at 12V draws just over 4A so it's resistance is just under 3ohms
Lower wattage bulbs have higher resistance
Most of my box mods allow a max of 3ohms so for battery powered halogens you need at least a 50W bulb
And I power the vapes with lower wattage bulbs via a 12V supply and a buck boost converter

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Anyone catch the post of somones plastic cooling unit melting on reddit? I got blasted for saying dont use the cooling unit and problem fixed haha
What a ridiculous suggestion though, and totally ignorant. You got blasted for good reason imo. Not using the cooling unit does not fix the problem, a problem that shouldn’t even exist in the first place.

Zow237

What a ridiculous suggestion though, and totally ignorant. You got blasted for good reason imo. Not using the cooling unit does not fix the problem, a problem that shouldn’t even exist in the first place.
What do you mean? What is the problem? The wpa doesnt have the plastic and no melting. What would be the problem? He said its not combusting his herb so it sounds like a plastic issue in the cooling unit. Im genuinely curious not trying to being ignorant. Im just trying to understand what there would be concern for if the plastic isnt there

Last edited:
Zow237,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
He said its not combusting his herb
I'm staying out of this issue. My Angus is fine and I enjoy using it. I understand those that are concerned and I support their concerns. I'm looking forward to the new cu parts. But....I do not get how it could be hot enough to melt plastic without combusting the herb?. I'm not suggesting that these cu parts didn't melt but maybe someone much smarter than me can explain this

Zow237

I'm staying out of this issue. My Angus is fine and I enjoy using it. I understand those that are concerned and I support their concerns. I'm looking forward to the new cu parts. But....I do not get how it could be hot enough to melt plastic without combusting the herb?. I'm not suggesting that these cu parts didn't melt but maybe someone much smarter than me can explain this
Exactly…. I dont get it. Thats what op had said in the reddit post. Mine is fine too. I shouldnt have said anything haha. O well. Ill just enjoy mine

sickmanfraud

I'm worried someone will put in a more powerful bulb.

Why does that worry YOU? There are smart people and not-so-smart people. It takes all kinds, but that is not MY worry.

I don't understand the fascination with the bulb is anyway. We are all under warranty. This is not a $500-$600 vape it is a $200 vape and IMHO we should not expect it to last forever. I will be happy to enjoy my Angus until the bulb dies (assuming it is after the warranty) I will decide to replace the bulb or the Angus.

My guess is that by the time we experience bulb failure there will be an Angus 2 or 3 or something else we will want to replace it with.

Enjoy the holidays have a Happy and Healthy New Year, enjoy your Angus, and let @YLLVAPE OFFICAL worry about dealing with the issue of bulb longevity and replacement.

Texus

Well put. I believe that the new CU will eliminate this issue with a switch to metal. But I am also having trouble seeing how it could melt without flower combusting. Hopefully unit going back to YLL to investigate.

seedy53

Why does that worry YOU? There are smart people and not-so-smart people. It takes all kinds, but that is not MY worry.

I don't understand the fascination with the bulb is anyway. We are all under warranty. This is not a $500-$600 vape it is a $200 vape and IMHO we should not expect it to last forever. I will be happy to enjoy my Angus until the bulb dies (assuming it is after the warranty) I will decide to replace the bulb or the Angus.

My guess is that by the time we experience bulb failure there will be an Angus 2 or 3 or something else we will want to replace it with.

Enjoy the holidays have a Happy and Healthy New Year, enjoy your Angus, and let @YLLVAPE OFFICAL worry about dealing with the issue of bulb longevity and replacement.
why attack my curiosity, was Santa cruel to you? lol

GoldenBud

why attack my curiosity, was Santa cruel to you? lol
you remind me of myself when I was a beginner, 3 messages in a row about tech info.. talk privately to the manufacturer if he is willing to share info.
he's not mad at you, it's a normal message for somebody that is in OCD about some tech info..according to the videos it's not a 30w but idk, looks way powerful than 30w...

anyway.. my suggestion is to calculate 2600mAh battery x2 and see how many bowls you can do on maximum.. then you can calculate the wattage.. convert mah to watts.. according to shaywhitegrow vids it looks like 50w to me but i can't be sure..

30w bulb doesn't seem enough to vaporize such clouds imho

edit:
5200mAh with around 4 volts = 20.8wh
but it takes around 0.5h or even less to end the batteries if you vape all along
so it must be the 50w

Last edited:

leanpubpackage

you remind me of myself when I was a beginner, 3 messages in a row about tech info.. talk privately to the manufacturer if he is willing to share info.
he's not mad at you, it's a normal message for somebody that is in OCD about some tech info..according to the videos it's not a 30w but idk, looks way powerful than 30w...

anyway.. my suggestion is to calculate 2600mAh battery x2 and see how many bowls you can do on maximum.. then you can calculate the wattage.. convert mah to watts.. according to shaywhitegrow vids it looks like 50w to me but i can't be sure..

edit:
but it takes around 0.5h or even less to end the batteries if you vape all along
so it must be the 50w
On the bottom of the unit, it says max output is 50w. Not sure if this means the bulb is 50w

leanpubpackage,
Reactions: GoldenBud

seedy53

edit:
so it must be the 50w
smoke and vap for nearly 40 years, yeah a beginner. so much hate here

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
i guess my question was to technical or top secret info? i could tell the spec if i saw a few good quality close-up photos. I'm worried someone will put in a more powerful bulb.
@BingsBuddery do you know the answer to this question? I've really appreciated your help with repair info.

Grass Yes,
Top Bottom