The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

RedZep

Been at the dentist, what did I miss....
Surprised Fire GIF

Thumos

Yup. Have tried to shut up about it lately, but the above is exactly what I feared and tried to warn about so many pages back.

Well don't stop with the vague innuendo. Name names if you are going to make accusations like that.

Turning back to a more productive discussion, yeah totally agree about j-hooks. There's something that works ergonomically with that combo that I quite like too. Which j-hook are you using?
I bought a cheap-o 18mm j hook off eBay. It's my favorite accessory, honestly.

Thumos,
Reactions: dman28

NachoDorito

I’ve been almost exclusively using the Angus and its WPA paired with a 14mm ash catcher and inception j-hook as the mouthpiece. It allows for long pulls of very cool vapor and I’m usually finishing a bowl in three huge rips with the boost mode. Loving this setup, I’ll have to post some pictures soon once the glass is clean :p

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Speaking of dentist. I posted a pic earlier and really recommend the grasshopper silicone mp over the WPA…no chipped teeth here.
Yeah, I put a little Teflon tape around mine - I’m more worried about chipping glass than my teeth!

I bought a cheap-o 18mm j hook off eBay. It's my favorite accessory, honestly.
I’ve been almost exclusively using the Angus and its WPA paired with a 14mm ash catcher and inception j-hook as the mouthpiece. It allows for long pulls of very cool vapor and I’m usually finishing a bowl in three huge rips with the boost mode. Loving this setup, I’ll have to post some pictures soon once the glass is clean :p
Okay, I’m convinced. Next session is with an ash catcher + jhook.

I am currently enjoying this set up of Grav coffee mug + Sneaky Pete‘s ash catcher:
2-FFD840-B-E382-4-EEB-80-BF-7-E4-E520-FAB3-A.jpg

Zow237

Ive had a few days to play around with this vape. It is quite nice. I enjoy it very much. After removing the screens in the CU I have enjoyed the vapor very much. Its some of if not the smoothest vapor Ive consumed from a portable vaporizer, even on boost at the highest setting. My only gripes are flavor. this cooling unit does something to all the terps and almost is just mute vapor. The mighty has way better terps coming through from my home grow. I have some stank ass weed that I grow and I can barely get any of the notes in the vapor. Im sure someone will come up with some nice combos to get by the CU. My 2nd gripe is how narrow its filling up the vape. i liked how wide the might bowl is for loading. Just easier. Im just nit picking though. I have had a very good experience with this vape for sure! Im going to have to just get a wpa or something to fit on it

Last edited:

Texus

Look forward to those pics. Think I may have an ash catcher around here somewhere.

Breaking Bud

Me likey the Angus. Very solidly built. The hits are good and interesting. It almost feels like taking a hit through a bubbler without the actual buubler. I think it must have something to do with air passing through the glass beads or some such thing... . Very heavy and sturdy but does fit in a pocket. Without the mouthpiece it totally looks like a flask. Easy to use. No learning curve whatsoever provided you look at the sparse instructions. Excellent purchasing experience with VGoodiEZ. Looking forward to getting a bubbler.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Me likey the Angus. Very solidly built. The hits are good and interesting. It almost feels like taking a hit through a bubbler without the actual buubler. I think it must have something to do with air passing through the glass beads or some such thing... . Very heavy and sturdy but does fit in a pocket. Without the mouthpiece it totally looks like a flask. Easy to use. No learning curve whatsoever provided you look at the sparse instructions. Excellent purchasing experience with VGoodiEZ. Looking forward to getting a bubbler.
Definitely give it a shot without water. All the smoothness without the cleanup!
I find no need to add water to my bubblers with the Angus (and most of my vapes).

edit: I just realized I misread your post - though you were saying you were thinking of trying it without water. Oh well, I blame it on the Angus. And the point is still true -
when you acquire a bubbler, try with and without water, for the sake of science, of course.

Last edited:

Breaking Bud

Definitely give it a shot without water. All the smoothness without the cleanup!
I find no need to add water to my bubblers with the Angus (and most of my vapes).

edit: I just realized I misread your post - though you were saying you were thinking of trying it without water. Oh well, I blame it on the Angus. And the point is still true -
when you acquire a bubbler, try with and without water, for the sake of science, of course.
Actually I'm using it without water . Waiting on an adapter for the bubbler. I'm happy with the vapor quality though I do think a bubbler with a little water will smooth out it out that much more, once above the lowest setting. I do agree with Zow that the unit does seem to steal some flavor. Maybe that will change when the bowl gets nice and seasoned. The vapor is not harsh though and I really like the lowest setting to begin the journey.

Breaking Bud,
Reactions: Jill NYC

sickmanfraud

Why is it necessary to fight? If you think that the Angus is "not for you" for whatever reason. Great.

If you want an Angus also fine.

No one is being forced to use/try/like/dislike an Angus. YLL put a lot of time and money into the development of the Angus. @VGOODIEZ and other retailers have invested in stocking the Angus.

At this point I consider myself warned that some members have/had safety reservations about the Angus.

I can make my own decisions about these matters just as well as you can.

Remember this is a $200 vape. You can not expect a $200 item to be gold-plated.

If you believe there are problems, your feedback has been noted. Now, please get out of the way while those of us who spent or may spend money on the Angus discuss how to enjoy or improve the Angus experience.

RedZep

Everyone who was deemed as being negative bought the device day one, including myself. There is nothing insidious going on. We are not competing producers sabotaging a release.

It's all been overblown. Anyway....let's continue to discuss the device now we have it in our hands. And that includes the positives (of which there are many) and negatives. That's after all the whole function of such threads for newly released vapes.

Bruskee

I've had mine for a week and I love it... I have an old dynavap and Might OG. This blows both of these out of the water right out of the box with no WPA, just using it as it came., I have a 14mm wpa stem coming with Basket Screens .. I'll let you know when they come in.

The taste is unreal too.

Texus

That Sherlock, though! Oh man, now I want one!
It is a favorite piece for dry hits in general. Love a good pinched mouthpiece. And can pop off the base for better cleaning access.

CC's Prophet also a nice standing piece but places the Angus a bit higher up and worry about that combo being a bit top heavy. But does have carb if that appeals. Not looking forward to cleaning it tho...

Razhumikin

It is a favorite piece for dry hits in general. Love a good pinched mouthpiece. And can pop off the base for better cleaning access.

CC's Prophet also a nice standing piece but places the Angus a bit higher up and worry about that combo being a bit top heavy. But does have carb if that appeals. Not looking forward to cleaning it tho...
Its pretty easy to clean actually. I just run it through with hot water, then empty it and put a little ISO in it, and rinse that out. It dries pretty quick and comes out spotless.

Top Bottom