TETRAx

GoldenBud

My TetraX delivered yesterday. As suggested here, I got a P80 to run it on. Downloaded the firmware, but the updater is not recognizing the mod and does not make the update button available (stays grayed out). Did a cable check by opening up the NFE Tools updater for RP/AF and the mod is recognized there. Haven’t had any issues installing RP/AF on multiple mods recently. What am I doing wrong with this firmware?
install tubomyfirmware through NFE tools. works great, the only way I install tubomyfirm btw!

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
just use the nfe updater to update with tubomyevic....bin file. the updater from the firmware tab is specifically for the evic vtwo mini / evic vtc dual that are used in the all integrated devices. alternatively there is also a p80 specific one available from the manufacturer as is one for each model of mod respectively

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I got a custom tetrax on 01/17 and it still has not shipped. I also send an email 03/08 and have no reply from Ralph, what should I do?
He gets pretty busy and is sometimes a bit slow to reply to emails, but always does. You can also find him on the Vaporents discord if you're on there. He's pretty responsive on there. I wouldn't worry you'll definitely receive it. Maybe try sending him a PM on here.

I was a bit frustrated with his responsiveness at first as well, but when you talk to him he's really the nicest and most accommodating guy you'll likely ever deal with.

I don't know how to quote your second message, but I'd just PM him rather than post in the forum.

madmofa

I am really surprised that there is a new drop when he has not send at least one tetrax from the previous drop (my custom tetrax).

I hope it is already on its way to me and it is just that my order was not updatee

madmofa,
Reactions: RobbIt

passenger

is this thing on?
Can anyone point me to a good comparisation of TetraX and Tetra P80? Will be a TetraX with a Wismec RX3 Dual be as good performing with the fitting firmware or are there differences I should know. Thanks for the help.

RobbIt

Can anyone point me to a good comparisation of TetraX and Tetra P80? Will be a TetraX with a Wismec RX3 Dual be as good performing with the fitting firmware or are there differences I should know. Thanks for the help.
I was wondering about the same thing. I’m leaning towards buying the P80 as my first Tetra but would love to use some of my (now idle!) box mods such as the Wismec Reuleaux 3 and Lost Vape DNA 250. I’m only in the market for one now.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I was wondering about the same thing. I’m leaning towards buying the P80 as my first Tetra but would love to use some of my (now idle!) box mods such as the Wismec Reuleaux 3 and Lost Vape DNA 250. I’m only in the market for one now.

Performance should be the same, it is the same heater, and if you are using the same firmware, the only variable really is using a different mod... G3D can be good but can also be bad, the X must be configured with the mod when you get it, as opposed to the TP80 that is already configured out of the box with mod attached... Aside from that it's just form factor really!

RobbIt

Performance should be the same, it is the same heater, and if you are using the same firmware, the only variable really is using a different mod... G3D can be good but can also be bad, the X must be configured with the mod when you get it, as opposed to the TP80 that is already configured out of the box with mod attached... Aside from that it's just form factor really!
Thank you Shit Snacks—very helpful! 💪🏻

Whats G3D?

dimmusp

I think that the heater in the TETRA P80 is hard soldered to the connectors on the mod, while the one in the TETRAx has to connect via a 510 mod adaptor. Some people have had problems with the resistance settings, heater cutting off, etc. which *might* be due to connection issues. In that sense the TETRA P80 is probably a safer bet.

See here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tubo-evic-dual.22992/post-1553002

RobbIt

I think that the heater in the TETRA P80 is hard soldered to the connectors on the mod, while the one in the TETRAx has to connect via a 510 mod adaptor. Some people have had problems with the resistance settings, heater cutting off, etc. which *might* be due to connection issues. In that sense the TETRA P80 is probably a safer bet.
Great distinction dimmusp—thank you !

RobbIt,
Reactions: dimmusp

sydryherb

See here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tubo-evic-dual.22992/post-1553002
As of the August 2020 drop onwards, Chooo has been soldering down all 510 connectors to solve this issue some users were having with the first few batches of X’s. If you’re using a water piece most of the time I suggest going with the X, and the p80 if you’re looking for more of a dry stem experience.

RobbIt

As of the August 2020 drop onwards, Chooo has been soldering down all 510 connectors to solve this issue some users were having with the first few batches of X’s. If you’re using a water piece most of the time I suggest going with the X, and the p80 if you’re looking for more of a dry stem experience.
That is very helpful — thanks !!💪🏻

RobbIt,

average_joe

Hello fellow stoners, maybe I am one of the lucky ones to get a new Tetrax, paid it today. I would like to ask if anyone used a Voopoo drag 2 with it, I am really new to 510 vapes and got that mod already and also got a Reulueaux Rx 300 today as I saw that the Voopoo is not in the compatibility list. I might be around here asking for help soon. Thanks for your time :D.

GoldenBud

Hello fellow stoners, maybe I am one of the lucky ones to get a new Tetrax, paid it today. I would like to ask if anyone used a Voopoo drag 2 with it, I am really new to 510 vapes and got that mod already and also got a Reulueaux Rx 300 today as I saw that the Voopoo is not in the compatibility list. I might be around here asking for help soon. Thanks for your time :D.
The sky is the limit when you know what's your doing. still waiting to use my TUBOx with Red Panda firmware, cruising. will try it soon. never had a problem running the tubomyevic (even used it with other devices) , just curious after seen some instagram tweaks I'd like to try....

any tubomyevic/Arctic Fox/Red Panda firmware will be great. you just want a cruise mode, so the glass can get heat soaked for atleast 10-15 seconds before you start inhaling.
Rx 300 should be perfect! enjoy it. lock the resistance as the sticker says from the TETRAx and give it a go! :tup:

For installing tubomyevic :
download the bin file - https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72
connect your mod with a data transferable micro-USB cable to a PC.
online search for NFE tools, install it, and run NToolbox.exe, go to 'Firmware Updater'
load the .bin file, then you only have to lock resistance basically and maybe configure 1-2 things

Last edited:

mixchu69

Curious at the price of that tetraX on the one being sold on Reddit. On the Lamart website, a new tetraX is $170. How is it selling for $250?

is it to avoid the wait or did they discontinue the X? I saw the mod and charger added (which are cheap)

mixchu69,
Reactions: RobbIt

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Curious at the price of that tetraX on the one being sold on Reddit. On the Lamart website, a new tetraX is $170. How is it selling for $250?

is it to avoid the wait or did they discontinue the X? I saw the mod and charger added (which are cheap)
Got my TetraX in January, paid $258 USD shipped. It was a prebuilt with two types of wood used, and the new barrel design. So depending on the wood $250 seems reasonable considering the demand for these devices.

Top Bottom