TETRAx

MikeRotchHertz

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/jo8hyz

Super unfamiliar with linking pictures on this site, hope this worked properly! My custom Tetrax from the September drop arrived today, and I could not be more impressed with Ralph’s ever improving quality. Thuya burl with wenge accents, custom sun and moon lume etchings on opposing sides!
Looks good man. That's one of the most unique X's I've seen.

MikeRotchHertz,
Reactions: sydryherb

1nd3cEnt

Sometimes the mod thinks the temperature is already high and it keeps the power down to just 1 watt or so.
This is exactly what happens in Eco 2 or Eco 3 mode - to disable this feature, change from Eco 1/2/3 to Eco 0.

And even when it's working, you really have to suck in a bunch of hot air to produce vapor (though this might be true of all convection vapes).
Not uncommon,

For some reason they wouldn't keep the coil resistance locked, so on one occasion the power went up like crazy and I ended up combusting for the first time ever.
My Tetra's cold resistance is factory rated at 0.248 ohms, & is *always* locked at that value.
But under load, the resistance can go all the way up to 0.330 ohms (TCR = 177) - after cool-down, resistance always returns to 0.248 ohms.

1nd3cEnt,
Reactions: dimmusp

dimmusp

This is exactly what happens in Eco 2 or Eco 3 mode - to disable this feature, change from Eco 1/2/3 to Eco 0.

Not uncommon,

My Tetra's cold resistance is factory rated at 0.248 ohms, & is *always* locked at that value.
But under load, the resistance can go all the way up to 0.330 ohms (TCR = 177) - after cool-down, resistance always returns to 0.248 ohms.
Why is your TCR at 177? I thought it was supposed to be at 185 as per the manual: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=82

1nd3cEnt

Why is your TCR at 177?

Because with my Tetra, TCR 185 is just too hot at 400F, so I lower the TCR to make it run cooler at 400F. One could also lower the resistance to make the heater run cooler, but the standard method is to adjust TCR.

GoldenBud

@1nd3cEnt you're right, but just a reminder: you can't change the M1 in the latest firmware of the tubomyevic, you can change M2, and then change in 'Interface' -> Clicks -> set 4 clicks to Edit -> go to the main screen -> 4 clicks, edit and change to M2.
learned that when a friend with a Splinter wanted to change the TCR in my P80 mod, from a comment in here.

because changing the TCR for M1 is only between 184-186 now

just for fun, I changed my Gen3 dual from 0.180 resistance (which is 0.008 higher than what's on the sticker) to 0.175, and lowered my TCR to 180. works good, still need to check this more.. ;)

usually it is common (with tubo/tetra users debugging) to raise the resistance value from the sticker, but let's try this too...

GoldenBud,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.

GoldenBud

Had to replace the deck a while ago, the 510 threading on the base unit wore down. My fault honestly, I took it on/off too frequently.

I used an Apocalypse RDA deck as it had large clamps that fit the diameter of the wire used in the heater. Am getting solid performance with a slight adjustment to the resistance.

Hello mate,
I have a lamart's STRAW which is cutted, i cutted the 510 base from its cable (long story) and it misses its 510 base. i'm not 510 pro, but did some ethernet cables fixing in the past. how can I attach it to its base, or, where do i buy a base like you did? how I connect the wires? which tool?

thanks in advance!

GoldenBud,

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.
Hello mate,
I have a lamart's STRAW which is cutted, i cutted the 510 base from its cable (long story) and it misses its 510 base. i'm not 510 pro, but did some ethernet cables fixing in the past. how can I attach it to its base, or, where do i buy a base like you did? how I connect the wires? which tool?

thanks in advance!
I just took the base of, snipped the leads, pulled the cable cover off, and clamped each lead down into the terminals on the RDA deck. I talked to Chooch himself on Discord about it and he said the orientation of the wires shouldn't matter with the heater. I recommend an RDA deck with clamps as it allows for the large gauge wires used.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
having problems with my tubox cable lately, but man, it although makes some problems with tcr, but on 33w it's identical to desktop performance. i'm blown away after 3+ monthes without this heater.
I got a Velocity V2 RDA for cheap locally and i am using it instead of the stock 510. I put the leads trough both holes on both sides and soldered it. No problems since then. Also have in mind that it might also be the the pin of your mod, especially if you are rotating multiple atomizers,some might push the pin too low to be in contact with the others.
I have to agree that with a 3-4 battery mod it outperforms almost any vaporizer i've ever tried.

GoldenBud

I got a Velocity V2 RDA for cheap locally and i am using it instead of the stock 510. I put the leads trough both holes on both sides and soldered it. No problems since then. Also have in mind that it might also be the the pin of your mod, especially if you are rotating multiple atomizers,some might push the pin too low to be in contact with the others.
I have to agree that with a 3-4 battery mod it outperforms almost any vaporizer i've ever tried.
The TUBOx on 33W is amazing. didn't know before, the coil reads 0.245 altough sticker says 0.172 , but i was abit aggresive with this cable.
btw - i did the TUBOx cabriolet - a friend asked me if my coils are ok or not so i lurked the coil :

IMG-20201220-023147.jpg

IMG-20201220-023154.jpg

yeah isn't it the most beautiful lamart cable you have ever seen?? ;)

"especially if you are rotating multiple atomizers,some might push the pin too low to be in contact with the others."
maybe that was happend to me? how to fix it?

GoldenBud,

Abysmal Vapor

@GoldenBud Pull the 510 pin of the mod connection slightly up with a clip or tooth pick ,be gentle :) ,work from all sides to keep it centered! Your TuboX looks like a war veteran.. ARe you still using it in wattage ,do you have issues with the software,IMO it takes things on another level.
BTW coils are perfectly visible from the other side, you did not have to rip it :D>.

Abysmal Vapor,

GoldenBud

@GoldenBud Pull the 510 pin of the mod connection slightly up with a clip or tooth pick ,be gentle :) ,work from all sides to keep it centered! Your TuboX looks like a war veteran.. ARe you still using it in wattage ,do you have issues with the software,IMO it takes things on another level.
BTW coils are perfectly visible from the other side, you did not have to rip it :D>.
some friend of mine said he could try fixing it IF the coils are not fried or so :goon:

the story is that my TUBOx was reading 1.448 resistance, lol, i thought i fried the coils. i didn't know how it happend. it was locked. but well, i'm not clean in this story with my cable, i wasn't gentle with it overall

now in wattage.. it seems 0.275 resistance.. but.. he replaced my deck.. monthes ago.. and.. well..? but it is weird because my resistance was 0.180 on my Wismec dual rx3 until i thought i was too aggressive to the cable..
it is so strong.. on wattage..

GoldenBud,

Abysmal Vapor

some friend of mine said he could try fixing it IF the coils are not fried or so :goon:
the story is that my TUBOx was reading 1.448 resistance, lol, i thought i fried the coils. i didn't know how it happend. it was locked. but well, i'm not clean in this story with my cable, i wasn't gentle with it overall, but....
....now in wattage.. it seems 0.275 resistance.. but.. he replaced my deck.. monthes ago.. and.. well..? but it is weird because my resistance was 0.180 on my Wismec dual rx3 until i thought i was too aggressive to the cable..
it is so strong.. on wattage..
I am not an expert ,but when you dont have a good connection between mod and coils it fucks up TC ,cause it shifts resistance.Same thing happens with for example stempod coils if the screws on the deck have gotten loose. I would ask FJ for help if i were you.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Jacer

I just realized I never posted an update but turns out my TETRAx wasn't broken, I just needed to turn the ohmage up higher on my RX Gen 3 Dual (my Cuboid 200 mod is broken tho, never getting another one that's 2/2 that have broken on me). I did end up sending it back to Ralph who was the one who helped me determine this, and like always he went above and beyond on customer service. Seriously 10/10 guy every time I've ever dealt with him.

Anyways glad to have this beast back in my hands and running, happy vaping everyone.

dimmusp

I just realized I never posted an update but turns out my TETRAx wasn't broken, I just needed to turn the ohmage up higher on my RX Gen 3 Dual (my Cuboid 200 mod is broken tho, never getting another one that's 2/2 that have broken on me). I did end up sending it back to Ralph who was the one who helped me determine this, and like always he went above and beyond on customer service. Seriously 10/10 guy every time I've ever dealt with him.

Anyways glad to have this beast back in my hands and running, happy vaping everyone.
How much higher did you have to set your resistance?

(BTW, your signature still says that your TETRAx is "out of commission")

Top Bottom