TETRAx

Jacer

How much higher did you have to set your resistance?

(BTW, your signature still says that your TETRAx is "out of commission")
I have it running aroud .15 higher than it "should be' (i.e. what is on the tag). I'm running it around .260 right now on a RX Gen 3 dual. Also thanks for the heads up on the signature!

@Jacer , I am happy for your tetrax, and for you also my friend .
Cheers
Edit: I wanna add that a tetrax/P80 may embarrass some of the desktops ...
Thank you friend I appreciate it! The only thing that beats the TETRAx in my entire line up is my Flowerpot haha, and even then it can be close sometimes.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I can not for the life of me to get tuboevic to recognize my rx gen 3. I just bought it, downloaded tuboevic, run it, and it says unknown device? Am I missing a step or do I have to do something to the rx before running updater?

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: RobbIt

1nd3cEnt

I can not for the life of me to get tuboevic to recognize my rx gen 3. I just bought it, downloaded tuboevic, run it, and it says unknown device? Am I missing a step or do I have to do something to the rx before running updater?

Download the original firmware of the rx gen3, reflash the device with that fw, & then try flashing tuboevic fw again. Or else, download Artic Fox, flash it, then try flashing the tuboevic fw again.

Sometimes compatible mods would not recognize nor flash the tuboevic fw, so it was necessary to flash, say, Artic Fox fw first, then flash the tuboevic fw on top of it. Strange but true.

1nd3cEnt,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Ha I was just editing I did manual with toolbox. Thank you! Just realized I ordered wrong mod. Ugh hectic ordering around holidays caught me up. So the p80 with the x has no overheating issue?

Last edited:
iDRINKBLEACH,

Eclipse

So I managed to snag this prebuilt Zircote Tetra X.

Anyone have any recommendations on a 2 battery 18650 mod that would work well to strap on to a small bubbler? Looking to make a self contained couch setup. I would take recommendations on a bubbler as well. Thanks!

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector

GoldenBud

As far as I can tell the p80 is discontinued and out of stock everywhere I have looked.
if you're from USA visit here:
otherwise:

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: Eclipse

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Even though the P80 is a great mod, if you are using a TetraX, I do think there's a lot of value in getting a dual battery mod... G3D should be fine though it can have issues, like you should get an external charger too...

BubbleDrop

P80 is a perfect option with the latest firmware, works better than the dual imho. even the attatching of the P80 to the bubbler is easier.
The P80 is not listed on the TETRAx web page. Is it still fine to use it ?

Also, do you know if the Wismec Sinuous Ravage 230 with Red Panda would work ?

BubbleDrop,

Shit Snacks

The P80 is not listed on the TETRAx web page. Is it still fine to use it ?

Yes P80 is fine and simple because the settings will match the Tetra P80, but no to those ravage mods, I mean you can use red panda with a tetra, and try to use the settings and make them match, but it would be much better to use tubo firmware in order to experience the proper regulation and all the other features available... like that is how you will get the most out of the heater!

GoldenBud

works. TCR 185 , resistance - as the sticker says for starters. Temp dominant ... i like to config these settings from the PC , not from my mod tho
but it's always better to use the tubofirmware because the warmup to cruise is very nice option for the TETRAx

BubbleDrop

Yes P80 is fine and simple because the settings will match the Tetra P80, but no to those ravage mods, I mean you can use red panda with a tetra, and try to use the settings and make them match, but it would be much better to use tubo firmware in order to experience the proper regulation and all the other features available... like that is how you will get the most out of the heater!
Thanks ! For test purposes, I'll try to get a P80 mod and see what I can do.

works. TCR 185 , resistance - as the sticker says for starters. Temp dominant ... i like to config these settings from the PC , not from my mod tho
but it's always better to use the tubofirmware because the warmup to cruise is very nice option for the TETRAx
Well noted, thanks a lot !
I already use this mod for both the Splinter and the Splinter Z, with @bossman settings. :-)

Shit Snacks

Thanks ! For test purposes, I'll try to get a P80 mod and see what I can do.

Well noted, thanks a lot !
I already use this mod for both the Splinter and the Splinter Z, with @bossman settings. :-)

Yeah you'll notice comparatively that it will eat through batteries more, so you may need to swap more, but it is a little easier to recharge externally and have plenty waiting. Molicell P26A are a great cell for this btw!

toketogether

Founder of Puff
I purchased a TetraX second hand and am having the same issue with finding the right resistance.

Should the coils ever glow orange?

When I drop the resistance low, the temp display can go crazy high while the coils stay cool. If I go too high on resistance, the display will show a low temperature but the coils glow orange. I bought it from a person that used it at 0.262 but I had a hard time getting it to produce vapor. I've been testing different resistances but then I realized, I don't know what the "correct" answer is and I don't want to break it somehow.

Thanks!

GoldenBud

I purchased a TetraX second hand and am having the same issue with finding the right resistance.

Should the coils ever glow orange?

When I drop the resistance low, the temp display can go crazy high while the coils stay cool. If I go too high on resistance, the display will show a low temperature but the coils glow orange. I bought it from a person that used it at 0.262 but I had a hard time getting it to produce vapor. I've been testing different resistances but then I realized, I don't know what the "correct" answer is and I don't want to break it somehow.

Thanks!
no they should glow only at 260c. which mod he had? which one u got? TCR 185 right? here's how to configure :
set ur resistance. go to temp 260. click fire and hold. look at the coils. do they glow abit? if too much glowing get it down abit. if they don't glow at all raise the resistance up until they glow abit

toketogether

Founder of Puff
no they should glow only at 260c. which mod he had? which one u got? TCR 185 right? here's how to configure :
set ur resistance. go to temp 260. click fire and hold. look at the coils. do they glow abit? if too much glowing get it down abit. if they don't glow at all raise the resistance up until they glow abit
THANK YOU

I think I found it the sweet spot now. Thank you again.

toketogether

Founder of Puff
Update for any that are curious

I couldn't dial it in consistently and chalked it up to my own ignorance on mods. I sold it on reddit and the purchaser replied back that the mod was malfunctioning, so, I missed out on my tetrax and the firewood I traded it for 🙃

Oh well, maybe just order a custom p80.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
My TetraX delivered yesterday. As suggested here, I got a P80 to run it on. Downloaded the firmware, but the updater is not recognizing the mod and does not make the update button available (stays grayed out). Did a cable check by opening up the NFE Tools updater for RP/AF and the mod is recognized there. Haven’t had any issues installing RP/AF on multiple mods recently. What am I doing wrong with this firmware?

CanikUser19,
Top Bottom