• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TETRAx

curiouscat

So I seem to have solved my issue with some consultation with @funkyjunky. A combination of upping my resistance, and cleaning my screens (both in the heater and in the WPA) has made everything vape perfectly again. My resistance on the Gen3 Dual is now at 0.240 (0.232 on the sticker) and now I would say it roasts a basket load to a "medium dark brown" at 210C. I noticed the coils glow very faintly in the dark during warmup now.

Admittedly I think it was mainly the dirty screen in the heater that was causing the issue, I've been using the TETRAx on the FC-UFO primarily and those that have it know that it can cause a bit of blowback which I think may have dirtied the screen. Anyway, I hope I did not cause any alarm amongst readers. The TETRAx and the P80 are the best portable vapes imo. If anyone has any issues with an uneven roast, check your screens.

dimmusp

Oh that is unfortunate I literally just loaded this firmware on my G3D for setup with my Splinter ZV1 (first I wasted time making a logo only to discover those were no longer supported) and I came here to say even though the bin file says it fixed button swapping issue with non-p80 mods, the buttons are absolutely swapped on my G3D lol right side goes down when it should go up and vice versa for the left... If I'm not going to be able to edit the m values, should I just load Arctic Fox instead? Such a shame

Same here, the Gen3 Dual has the up and down buttons inverted even with the firmware that says it has that fixed.

dimmusp

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a Lamart vaporizer repaired? I broke my TETRAx today with a soldering iron while trying to see if I could get the resistance down :(

Thanks

GoldenBud

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a Lamart vaporizer repaired? I broke my TETRAx today with a soldering iron while trying to see if I could get the resistance down :(

Thanks
talk with him first about it.....
I feel for you, I also did something bad to my cable. I sent mine on 1.9, he received it around 12.9 and today it got to be "packaging" so i guess the whole trip will be like 45-50 days? max?

dimmusp

talk with him first about it.....
I feel for you, I also did something bad to my cable. I sent mine on 1.9, he received it around 12.9 and today it got to be "packaging" so i guess the whole trip will be like 45-50 days? max?
Ouch... The TETRAx is my only vape :(

dimmusp,

dimmusp

I had the same situation in the beginning of this month! Got Dynavap M for backup purposes...
I thought of getting one, but I'm a bit clumsy and I don't want to brand myself with a hot tip 😅

Now I'm looking around (I feel like an unfaithful husband!) at other vapes and the Mighty looks mighty interesting :D
But I'm hesitant because of the aluminum oven (safe?), the high price, and the fact that a Mighty+ will replace it sooner or later...

GoldenBud

I thought of getting one, but I'm a bit clumsy and I don't want to brand myself with a hot tip 😅

Now I'm looking around (I feel like an unfaithful husband!) at other vapes and the Mighty looks mighty interesting :D
But I'm hesitant because of the aluminum oven (safe?), the high price, and the fact that a Mighty+ will replace it sooner or later...
no, mighty is too expensive, the heater is like 1/3 of the volume of terax's or even less, it needs a special charger and the cleaning takes more time... i'm pretty sure the Aluminum is OK but not as SS304/SS316 covered by glass... you may like Lotus too (My point is; get smth unbreakable and save the TETRA for home usage only :D )

curiouscat

A Tetra P80 would make a great backup :lol:.
Jokes aside, I agree with @GoldenBud that a Dynavap makes a great backup vape which is indestructible, or perhaps a Sticky Brick might interest you? I like having butane vapes as backups for my electronic ones since they generally are unbreakable and useable in circumstances where there may be no electricity.

dimmusp

A Tetra P80 would make a great backup :lol:.
Jokes aside, I agree with @GoldenBud that a Dynavap makes a great backup vape which is indestructible, or perhaps a Sticky Brick might interest you? I like having butane vapes as backups for my electronic ones since they generally are unbreakable and useable in circumstances where there may be no electricity.
Thanks, but I'd really like to avoid flames ;)

My TETRAx had been having some issues before, so I sent it to Ralph yesterday and it will get repaired under warranty.

In the meantime, I'll be on the lookout for good used deals or new products like the Herbie or Mighty+ that are always "on the horizon"...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks, but I'd really like to avoid flames ;)

My TETRAx had been having some issues before, so I sent it to Ralph yesterday and it will get repaired under warranty.

In the meantime, I'll be on the lookout for good used deals or new products like the Herbie or Mighty+ that are always "on the horizon"...

It actually could make sense to get another mod-based vape as a spare... Quite a few economical options that way! (or a vleafgo)

GoldenBud

IMG-20201008-063614-864.jpg

GoldenBud

It says Tetrax on the tag, lol.
Yeah lol I know, i actually don't like this tag on the cable but the resistance has changed..
btw - how you guys clean dust, for example, from the heater? Is it possible to use 12V Air Pump air into the heater, while there's no battery ofc? or just vaccuum cleaner?
i feel like it's not cleaned 100%, maybe the screen or so
i can blow air into it ofc but want something stronger

GoldenBud,

tokenknifeguy

I have no clue how to clean the internals. I know my screen gets all kind of weed stuck in the sides and I'm sure plenty has made it down. That is the only downfall is that you can't take it apart for some deep cleaning. Hopefully it doesn't ever mess anything up, which I'm sure it won't.

tokenknifeguy,

GoldenBud

I know my screen gets all kind of weed stuck in the sides
that's why i think the tubes inside may be filthy. anyway, i didn't see any reason not to use 12v air pump - i pumped air for like 5-10 seconds
seems now clearer, i get no more coughs it seems!

GoldenBud,
Reactions: arb

dimmusp

for those that have/had a tetrax and p80/evic dual how do they compare?
I have the TETRAx and love how convenient it is for use with a water pipe, plus you can hook it up to mods with however many batteries you want.

However, the TETRA P80 might be better because it comes integrated "from the factory" and you can be sure that all the parts work together well.

It might just be my bad luck, but I've had quite a few problems getting the TETRAx to work consistently.

Sometimes the mod thinks the temperature is already high and it keeps the power down to just 1 watt or so. And even when it's working, you really have to suck in a bunch of hot air to produce vapor (though this might be true of all convection vapes).

I've been going back and forth with Ralph for a while (very responsive and great service, by the way!). I bought a different mod (went from a P80 to a Gen3Dual) and even tried to re-solder the TETRAx's connector in case it wasn't making a good contact. I ended up making a mess so I sent it in for repair and got it back a week ago. Props to Ralph for the quick turnaround and warranty coverage (I only had to pay to send him the vape).

Even so, it kept acting up, so I tried the ArcticFox and sur_myevic firmwares. For some reason they wouldn't keep the coil resistance locked, so on one occasion the power went up like crazy and I ended up combusting for the first time ever. Dirtied my water pipe, stank up the room, and didn't make my wife very happy... 😅

I just got a Crafty+ and tried it once this week. Was very happy with the consistency and ease of use, though I think the clouds were not as big as I remember from the times when the TETRAx has worked well, and I think it uses more herb. I'll need more testing to see whether I could settle for that and sell my TETRAx, or spend more time troubleshooting the TETRAx.

Edit: To be fair, I've used the TETRAx mostly with the WPA, while the Crafty+ was directly from the vape while I wait for its WPA to arrive.

dimmusp,

Rab42

@dimmusp thank you for that write up have you tried it without locking the resistance? I noticed when I stopped locking the resistance with my rbt splinters I got consistent hits everytime.

Rab42,

dimmusp

@dimmusp thank you for that write up have you tried it without locking the resistance? I noticed when I stopped locking the resistance with my rbt splinters I got consistent hits everytime.
Glad to share. I haven't tried that, but the Lamart manual says to lock it. 🤔

dimmusp,
Top Bottom