Tetra P80

Olmsted

Is anyone else still waiting for their custom unit from the september drop? It's been over a month now since mine has been shipped and I'm a bit worried it might have gone lost in the post or its stuck at the customs office...
Yeah I'm still waiting. Lots of issues with USPS here in the states due to COVID, the election, etc. Mine has been around a mile away from me for the last month, but still hasn't been delivered despite submitting multiple package inquiries to USPS. Still hopeful it will come soon, but worried it may be lost to the void.

Ipe17

I took my P80 to a friends last night. he has a crafty and have tried several of my vapes, including TM and Splinter (splinter was one of my favs until I got the P80). I took a 18mm to 14mm glass as mouthpiece (I prefer direct hot air).
First bowl in session mode. Second bowl on demand. And then, packing his third bowl he said: "Please let me know about next drop". He just loved the performance and simplicity.

SquirrelMaster

@SquirrelMaster how’s that barrel style P80 treating you so far?

I haven't used it yet so I can't comment on the performance. I'm waiting for my sore throat to go away which I confirmed isn't COVID but must be some other virus floating around. It's very minor but we're literally the worst hot spot in Canada right so I want to make sure I'm in tip top shape in case.

The device looks pretty damn good. There are some machining marks on one side that I noticed (after messaging Ralph on Tuesday on other issues) but thankfully the wood in all its natural beauty mostly (only if the light catches it just right) hides it. I can't stop gushing over the overall look. It's fucking gorgeous to be blunt.

I haven't held a typical Tetra P80 before so I can't compare in feel but the barrel style design feels REALLY good in hand. It's larger sure but it makes me think of how I like the MV1 in hand, nice and "full" feeling and very ergonomic. I prefer the wood against my palm rather than the mod but both are super comfortable. My only concern holding it like that would be that I'm blocking some of the heater cut out holes with my hand but it's a small fraction of the overall cutout. I'm not sure if that's a big deal in use but it just feels so good to hold like that and then it's easy to fire the mod with my fingers.

The mod totally confused me at first until I deduced the entire front is the fire button :lol: . I only own one other mod (LV Paranormal 250C) and the fire button is small so the P80 is very easy to fire.

Unfortunately one of the fumed bendy stems didn't survive the trip and a clear was missing so I'm figuring out what to do. Of course it was the clear pink and gold fumed that broke, the one I was most looking forward to but that's on the postal workers. The box was in good shape but it must have been hit just right. Ralph said no new stems are coming for a while so I better not break the one bendy or the nub I have. The bendy dimpled stems seem like the best fit as the nub gets too hot with my power hootin' tendancies (at least when I used it through my Milaanas). I've been spoiling myself adding boro beads to all my stems or just going through water so I need maximum cooling. I do have a TON of RBT stems so I should be ok for a while. I also grabbed the WPA, I like the little handle on it, as well as a hand wrapped whip which is nice and soft and looks great.

All this talk and I haven't even used the damn thing yet :rofl: . I may say screw it tonight and load up a full bowl. I havent vaped for over a week so expect and even more jumbled update if or when I do.

SquirrelMaster

Ha, I can't edit my last post so you have to endure a back to back unless the mods merge, then you're reading a novel :lol:.

I couldn't resist the urge for the Tetra tonight. Now I'm coming off a 10 day t-break so I am incredibly blasted but I think I'm In love:love:. So easy to use, so smooth, such amazing looks, wow wow wow. I did a 3 click pre-heat to 180°C but quickly turned it up to 200°C. My temp seemed lower than what was listed but I think I can tweak that. Don't know if I need to. I didn't even finish the bowl. I put it through water and the flavour was still excellent. I can't wait to experience this heater dry! I don't want to say more (well actually I do) because it was just the first date and I shouldn't get too excited :D. Did I mention how beautiful she is?

MikeRotchHertz

Ha, I can't edit my last post so you have to endure a back to back unless the mods merge, then you're reading a novel :lol:.

I couldn't resist the urge for the Tetra tonight. Now I'm coming off a 10 day t-break so I am incredibly blasted but I think I'm In love:love:. So easy to use, so smooth, such amazing looks, wow wow wow. I did a 3 click pre-heat to 180°C but quickly turned it up to 200°C. My temp seemed lower than what was listed but I think I can tweak that. Don't know if I need to. I didn't even finish the bowl. I put it through water and the flavour was still excellent. I can't wait to experience this heater dry! I don't want to say more (well actually I do) because it was just the first date and I shouldn't get too excited :D. Did I mention how beautiful she is?
Which burl is that? Lots of beautiful eyes there. The p80 just delivers and delivers. You can take it to 200 and do a whole session that way. I never go 180...just 190>200>210 if i want to go that dark. If not, just 200 until. Congrats on your acquisition and future lamart products you will now be buying:cheers:

Oden

Ha, je ne peux pas éditer mon dernier message donc vous devez endurer un dos à dos à moins que les mods ne fusionnent, alors vous lisez un roman : lol:.

Je n'ai pas pu résister à l'envie du Tetra ce soir. Maintenant, je viens de faire une pause de 10 jours, donc je suis incroyablement foutu mais je pense que je suis amoureux :amour:. Si facile à utiliser, si lisse, si incroyable, wow wow wow. J'ai fait un préchauffage de 3 clics à 180 ° C mais je l'ai rapidement porté à 200 ° C. Ma température semblait inférieure à ce qui était répertorié, mais je pense que je peux modifier cela. Je ne sais pas si j'en ai besoin. Je n'ai même pas fini le bol. Je l'ai mis dans l'eau et la saveur était toujours excellente. J'ai hâte de faire l'expérience de ce radiateur sec! Je ne veux pas en dire plus (enfin en fait je le veux) parce que c'était juste le premier rendez-vous et je ne devrais pas être trop excité :RÉ. Ai-je mentionné à quel point elle est belle?
Congratulations to you for purchasing P80!
He is really very beautiful 😍and one of the most original that I have seen.
In addition you got the new one with the rounded back, the grip should be even more pleasant.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
When’s the drop? I can’t handle this wait. Literally now bought my third tiny might.
Open up and just take orders and fill them like the tiny might guy does is my advice. I shouldn’t have three of one and none of the other.

Maybe look into some other vapes in the meantime? No one told you to buy three of one, and there are plenty of other great options aside from these two... :2c:

@SquirrelMaster that Japanese Elm Burl looks gorgeous! Let us know how ergonomic the new Drum TP80 feels in your hands!

Last edited:
I know how it works. I’m saying I think how it works is annoying and a huge pain in the ass. Just open up and let us place our order so we can all get in line. Who has time for this stuff these days? I would buy two of them today. I don’t care if they don’t show for three months. Shut up and take my money. Hahah

GreenintheThumb,
I know how it works. I’m saying I think how it works is annoying and a huge pain in the ass. Just open up and let us place our order so we can all get in line. Who has time for this stuff these days? I would buy two of them today. I don’t care if they don’t show for three months. Shut up and take my money. Hahah

Ralph has addressed this more than a couple times in this thread and there are merits to both systems.

SquirrelMaster

@MikeRotchHertz
The wood is Japanese Elm Burl. Ralph and I had spoken about it a while back and then he went the distance to secure some. Ed's TNT has made a few Woodscents before with the same species and other than that I don't recall seeing it in other vapes. There must be other log vapes in the wild in the same species though.

200°C gave a nice roast and although I did give it a couple stirs out of habit the bowl didn't seem to hot spot at all. I'll look forward to playing with the temperature, not stirring and seeing how else it responds to different use as I get to know the device.

@Oden
I've been pulling the vape out every day since it arrived just to stare. This is my first burl and it was definitely worth the wait. The variety of designs that are offered still amazes me everytime @funkyjunky posts. From the more basic Tetra's to his personal octopus or the blue wood (blanking on the species)/silver inlay he posted there is just so much to choose from. At one point we talked about the inlay options available and it boggled my mind what was possible. The turtle inlay is another one that comes to mind.

@GreenintheThumb
I can see why he does his orders the way he does. This way he's not holding onto funds, managing a list etc. plus he able to provide excellent service. Go for a custom the next time he does a drop to increase your chances.

@Shit Snacks
Agreed, there are lots of other options to kill time while someone waits. Don't forget about grinders and glass, really whatever enhances your vaping experience imo.

It's soooo ergonomic, you're going to have to add another to your collection ;). With your love of purple maybe there's a purple sand inlay or a purple wood inlay in your future?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
From the more basic Tetra's to his personal octopus or the blue wood (blanking on the species)/silver inlay he posted there is just so much to choose from. At one point we talked about the inlay options available and it boggled my mind what was possible. The turtle inlay is another one that comes to mind.

@Shit Snacks
Agreed, there are lots of other options to kill time while someone waits. Don't forget about grinders and glass, really whatever enhances your vaping experience imo.

It's soooo ergonomic, you're going to have to add another to your collection ;). With your love of purple maybe there's a purple sand inlay or a purple wood inlay in your future?

Haha purple became a thing lately, though it was traditionally blue for me! And yeah I am actually thinking that blue box elder burl is pretty irresistible, perhaps with the regular turquoise or an orange sand inlay, since octopus has been done so much already, perhaps a shark?? Maybe a Sharktopus!!

jbm

So I may be dim, but I’ve been wondering about this for awhile. When the customs drop, they are the big bunch of various woods that appear on the p80 page? You’re buying a p80 that’s already had some choices made for it? Or jam have I misunderstood and there’s a number of custom slots that open up where you negotiate the whole process with Ralph? Sorry but this has confused me a bit and I’m looking to get a p80 at the next drop.

SquirrelMaster

@Shit Snacks
A shark Tetra would look fantastic! A sharktopus? Hell yeah! Add some mother of pearl and abalone inlays as well (from the octopus) and you're set.

So I may be dim, but I’ve been wondering about this for awhile. When the customs drop, they are the big bunch of various woods that appear on the p80 page? You’re buying a p80 that’s already had some choices made for it? Or jam have I misunderstood and there’s a number of custom slots that open up where you negotiate the whole process with Ralph? Sorry but this has confused me a bit and I’m looking to get a p80 at the next drop.

There will be different woods yes but if there's something else you have in mind it doesn't hurt to send him message and ask. Instagram is the easiest way to communicate I've found. When you buy a custom you're buying a spot, nothing has been made so you can add inlays (sand, metal, wood, some gems) or add a custom heater cutout. Different options have different costs and there is a lot of options! Or you can pick from the listed options on the site if you don't want to get too involved in the design. Even if there's a prebuilt you see I'd recommend a custom as he could make the same design again and your chance of securing one is much better.

jbm

@Shit Snacks
A shark Tetra would look fantastic! A sharktopus? Hell yeah! Add some mother of pearl and abalone inlays as well (from the octopus) and you're set.

There will be different woods yes but if there's something else you have in mind it doesn't hurt to send him message and ask. Instagram is the easiest way to communicate I've found. When you buy a custom you're buying a spot, nothing has been made so you can add inlays (sand, metal, wood, some gems) or add a custom heater cutout. Different options have different costs and there is a lot of options! Or you can pick from the listed options on the site if you don't want to get too involved in the design. Even if there's a prebuilt you see I'd recommend a custom as he could make the same design again and your chance of securing one is much better.
So when the page fills with the various units that go quickly, those are the prebuilts? Where do the custom slots appear? Sorry, I just haven’t been able to get a handle on the process and I’d love to actually get one of these. I love the look and it sounds like they’re great vapes.

So when the page fills with the various units that go quickly, those are the prebuilts? Where do the custom slots appear? Sorry, I just haven’t been able to get a handle on the process and I’d love to actually get one of these. I love the look and it sounds like they’re great vapes.

Yes, prebuilts pop up on the page and are almost immediately purchased as they pop up.

@SquirrelMaster's idea of going straight for the custom is the best advice you can get, provided the additional build time is no issue to you.

Customs are on this page: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=728

heyitsyourboy,

jbm

Yes, prebuilts pop up on the page and are almost immediately purchased as they pop up.

@SquirrelMaster's idea of going straight for the custom is the best advice you can get, provided the additional build time is no issue to you.

Customs are on this page: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=728
So I can just quickly fill in some choices to secure the slot and then check “let’s discuss” to actually hash out options? Thanks, this clarifies a lot.

jbm,

SquirrelMaster

going straight for the custom is the best advice you can get, provided the additional build time is no issue to you.
Ah yes, forgot to mention that, thank you.

So I can just quickly fill in some choices to secure the slot and then check “let’s discuss” to actually hash out options? Thanks, this clarifies a lot.
You got it. Add a note in the comment section so he knows you want more than what you specified and he'll contact you. I'd then take your order number and hop on IG, it's the easiest way to communicate back and forth.

Oden

lqhFPEy.jpg

This arrived a few days ago, all I can say is I am very happy. I went from a small and sad pipe to this and it is a much nicer experience! Staged a photo in front of my 9gal fish tank lol.
What is the essence of this wood?

Oden,
Top Bottom