Tetra P80

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
What mod are we using for the Tetra duel again? Both this and the new rounded body sound like solid moves to me. My Milaana 1.5 has a rounded bottom and the hand feel totally plays

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What mod are we using for the Tetra duel again? Both this and the new rounded body sound like solid moves to me. My Milaana 1.5 has a rounded bottom and the hand feel totally plays

The Tetra Dual is actually old, it is the tubo dual but with the tetra heater, so not quite new I mean (not that you said it was!) but anyway it uses the Evic vtwo Dual mod.
More similar to the original Tubo Evic Vtwo mini, especially since it can be used with one battery as well as two (comes with another battery sled to make the whole unit smaller)

Yeah the rounded body is going to be much more ergonomic to clutch in the fist for true portability and even more stealth type vaping on the go! I know it is more involved to make the bodies rounded, that is why RBT switched to square for the Mi2, but was able to go back to rounded for Mi3 mass production... Here the rounding also opens up a lot more opportunities for some crazy beautiful designs with multiple woods and such though, cannot wait to see more!

Vape Halen

Insured with tracking?

I have 1 package that I sold on entx been delayed by like 4+ days now (usps priority). Yours being 1 month out seems troublesome, also from ship notice to delivery was like 10-14 days if I recall from my sept custom drop.
I made the mistake to choose the uninsured shipping option without tracking - I thought this was the standard option but in hindsight of course I should have spent a few more Euros to at least know where my unit is at at any point. but since the insured trackig option didnt promise faster delivery, I didnt see enough upside to choose it at the moment - and I still think every single piece of mail should be delivered too if you dont pay for the luxury option, otherwhise why even offer the unsinsured option without tracking - "your package might get lost or damaged if you dont pay up" doesn sound like a good business model for postal service, but maybe I was too naive about that. another possibility is that my package is stuck at the costums office where they probably wouldnt know what fees to put an imported vaporizer... I didnt have any problems with packages inside the EU, not even during Covid, and I just figured it be the same if I ordered from the (really really close) Switzerland.

I emailed Ralph but I dont know if he can provide any more information. It's a shame because I wanted to take advantage of lamarts black friday deals to get mouthpieces, whips and other accessoiries, but I probably should hold back since my Tetra P80 hasnt even arrived yet :ko:

thunderstealer1337

I just bought some more, they were on sale for $3.50 again, I do have 1/5 performing weird, it lasts around 3-4 seshs instead of the 5-6 like the others, which wpa are you looking for, I have one brand new dont use it, mine has the carb hole through the handle portion as well, I think these are rare no, I only saw them listed once over the summer.

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

abcd5432

no, as said i take every custom order that gets in. no refunds on custom slots.

refunds on prebuilts do happen often. if you get refunded twice (contact me, i wont realize) i can offer a custom slot with increased building time.

there is no waitlist at all, just longer build time custom slots.

Lol, I like repeated info. I swear I thought you could get refunded on a custom.

And I'm happy I'm stupid and missed the last ones. Whatever you did in that recent thing.... I would have had to buy again. Especially that moon space whatever thing... Woah...

Shit Snacks

I just bought some more, they were on sale for $3.50 again, I do have 1/5 performing weird, it lasts around 3-4 seshs instead of the 5-6 like the others, which wpa are you looking for, I have one brand new dont use it, mine has the carb hole through the handle portion as well, I think these are rare no, I only saw them listed once over the summer.

Yeah I got a couple mollicell to try at this price too, along with a couple Sony VTC6 for $4 each! Sale at 18650batterystore.com

Finally ordered the tank mouthpiece now! Along with a Piro (unfortunately missed out on the prebuilt merbau I had my eye on, so I had to do a custom order for one) and the new glass screen WPA and a male mini j hook... Plus 1 coil for my straw and a wood washing clip... $115 shipped to US, no tracking, never done the tracking before and never had an issue... Shipping costs went up I know, though everything is already quite reasonably priced so if you buy enough stuff the discount code covers your shipping!

Thanks again @funkyjunky look forward to trying it all out, maybe before the new year!!

abcd5432

Yeah I got a couple mollicell to try at this price too, along with a couple Sony VTC6 for $4 each! Sale at 18650batterystore.com

Finally ordered the tank mouthpiece now! Along with a Piro (unfortunately missed out on the prebuilt merbau I had my eye on, so I had to do a custom order for one) and the new glass screen WPA and a male mini j hook... Plus 1 coil for my straw and a wood washing clip... $115 shipped to US, no tracking, never done the tracking before and never had an issue... Shipping costs went up I know, though everything is already quite reasonably priced so if you buy enough stuff the discount code covers your shipping!

Thanks again @funkyjunky look forward to trying it all out, maybe before the new year!!
What's the difference between Sony and the mollicell?

abcd5432,

BubbleDrop

Not much, I'd say.
Sony VTC6 is rated 3000mAh/20A while Molicel P26A is 2600mAh/25A.
Both shall work fine.

BubbleDrop,

Kinick23

@abcd5432 i have both but prefer the Sony. Molicel is def great for the price as they’ve been on sale quite a lot past few months at 3.50 can’t really beat it but I would spend the extra .50 and get the Sony vtc6 when you can find on sale again. I just checked 18650batterystore.com but they just sold out. They do have the VTC5A’s still on sale but I haven’t used before to have an opinion on em.

Kinick23,

Kinick23

Sorry for double post forgot to add the reason I like better. I find the Sony to be “punchier” meaning the ramp up of the heat is stronger/faster leading to better quality hits

SquirrelMaster

What's the difference between Sony and the mollicell?

Not much, I'd say.
Sony VTC6 is rated 3000mAh/20A while Molicel P26A is 2600mAh/25A.
Both shall work fine.
Both would work fine in a Tetra P80 or any regulated device I agree but there is definitely a difference between those 2 cells. If someone planned to also use the Sony in an unregulated device I would say don't do it, the Molicel is a safer choice in those situations. In a mod though you could use any HG2/30Q/VTC6 or 26A/VTC5D/VTC5A/20S and they would all work. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

My Tetra P80 (WHICH I AM SO EXCITED FOR :rockon:) is set to arrive Dec. 1 and I have a few unmarried VTC6 (from the Tinymight) and 26A's so I can compare and I'll let you all know the outcome.

Edit: I almost forgot to add a pic of my incoming Japanese Elm Burl Tetra P80. Also Ralph is amazing! Not that we didn't know that already :D.

Last edited:

Oden

Both would work fine in a Tetra P80 or any regulated device I agree but there is definitely a difference between those 2 cells. If someone planned to also use the Sony in an unregulated device I would say don't do it, the Molicel is a safer choice in those situations. In a mod though you could use any HG2/30Q/VTC6 or 26A/VTC5D/VTC5A/20S and they would all work. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

My Tetra P80 (WHICH I AM SO EXCITED FOR :rockon:) is set to arrive Dec. 1 and I have a few unmarried VTC6 (from the Tinymight) and 26A's so I can compare and I'll let you all know the outcome.

Edit: I almost forgot to add a pic of my incoming Japanese Elm Burl Tetra P80. Also Ralph is amazing! Not that we didn't know that already :D
it will be a nice comparison! very appreciable.

SquirrelMaster

Which devices are unregulated ? I think the Nomad and Milaana are, but are there any others ?
I'd say The Firewood 7 is as well as it doesn't have an auto shut off for low battery (mine is in the mail) and the Vapwood Lil Bud is another. Those are the only ones I'm aware of at this moment.

Also just a heads up for anyone wondering about shipping times to Canada, it's looking to be about 2 weeks as priority shipping, which is pretty decent imo. I've found that the key to ordering online is to order a few packages at the same time and then not pay attention to tracking too closely so it's a surprise when they arrive :D.

Shit Snacks

I'd say The Firewood 7 is as well as it doesn't have an auto shut off for low battery (mine is in the mail) and the Vapwood Lil Bud is another. Those are the only ones I'm aware of at this moment.

Also just a heads up for anyone wondering about shipping times to Canada, it's looking to be about 2 weeks as priority shipping, which is pretty decent imo. I've found that the key to ordering online is to order a few packages at the same time and then not pay attention to tracking too closely so it's a surprise when they arrive :D.

FW7 does shut off with a low battery, at 3.5v it just gives you several buzzes without heating...? Though this is off topic here
(MFLB and thermovape are unregulated)

Shit Snacks,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
If someone planned to also use the Sony in an unregulated device I would say don't do it, the Molicel is a safer choice in those situations.
That P80 is good looking for sure.

Why do you suggest the VTC6 is dangerous or less safe as a cell for unregulated vapes? I love mine in my Milaana and I'm especially fond of them in the 1.5, which is too slow and not a finisher with less punchy cells.

Sorry for the ot post but since you mentioned a safety concern I wanted to ask what the deal was. I've seen that link before and don't see where it says the vtc6 is unsafe for unregulated devices.

Thanks!

SquirrelMaster

That P80 is good looking for sure.

Why do you suggest the VTC6 is dangerous or less safe as a cell for unregulated vapes? I love mine in my Milaana and I'm especially fond of them in the 1.5, which is too slow and not a finisher with less punchy cells.

Sorry for the ot post but since you mentioned a safety concern I wanted to ask what the deal was. I've seen that link before and don't see where it says the vtc6 is unsafe for unregulated devices.

Thanks!
Thank you! This was an order from back in February but the time between ordering and shipping was solely on me. Ralph was very patient with my many questions and found me wood that I absolutely love. He showed me the rounded design as an option in another wood (the amboyna he posted) and I had to bite. My one constant was a desire for wood full of eyes and he hit an absolute homerun on that and every other aspect of the final product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding cells, in most situations (battery temp in check, cell in good shape) you'll most likely be fine. I would be concerned with older cells and I'm also extremely cautious with unprotected cells so I like to have a good buffer. I wouldn't say VTC6 is dangerous by any means just that the 26A is safer with that larger buffer and is the cell I would choose between the two if I planned to use it unregulated. It all depends on what the heater is pulling for current and what the voltage and temperature of the cell are while you're firing. If you accidentally didn't disconnect the power and it fired continuously in your pocket the VTC6 would blow first with it's lower rating. That's a worst case scenario mind you. If you're mindful of your voltage and you don't let it drop too low all should be good.

Top Bottom