Tafée Bowle

DryBonesufo

Gotcha, I just worry about the health of my lungs too much. I should probably have more faith, good heads are involved in this 🤔

On a separate note, I LOVE the ability to have instant vapor. I always wanted a Grasshopper IO because of that, but I dont know anymore. Anyone have both, and can testify? Hopefully the company survives through the IOs product life so a more reliable one can be produced eventually... lol
I have the S.S. IO let me say nothing compares to the IO. It’s potent and obviously quick. You can get two quick draws and be good for the next couple of hrs. Makes everything convenient. Although there are horror stories of the IO. I have had mine for 7 months and have not run into any issues.

Vapefanatic

Am I the only one who feels that the puck and stem get too hot from successive or chain hitting?

I'm using the cup as insulation now, besides it looking better and feeling more stable with it. But mainly so that I can rest the puck on my palm with fingers on plastic cup parts. I get the feeling the cup was designed with this in mind. For insulation of the hot puck. For this, I'm preferring the Auto fire function. Holding down the button is just too hot unless I avoid touching the bowl area but that's directly on the other side. Again, this only happens when chain hitting it. Mighty does the same at highest temps but is not as hot possibly due to larger mass and fins.

Successive hits at level 4 will make mine too hot to touch. I don't remember anyone mentioning this or am i just too sensitive? I do have two and both are the same.

Battery life really isn't ideal for those who uses level 3 and above. I could get to 4 bowls if i temp step from 2. If I start at 3, I only get 3 bowls, which is not the end of the world but like i said, is not ideal. I wonder how long till it reaches 1 bowl per charge? Cos it'd be unusable then?

I am already seeing quartz, SIC or even ruby bowls being introduced soon. It'll be a gold mine for Tafee lol.

Besides that, replacement batteries would be sick, or people would just have to fork up to buy more pucks. Perhaps the heater is meant to have the same lifespan as the battery? In that case, replacement batteries would seem moot.

I'm an idiot when it comes to WPAs. What are some of the best ideas for them so far?

I do like this vape very much. Words cannot describe how thankful I am to Taffee just for the opportunity to Vape in the same room with my wife, who does not partake. No more exhaling out the window or bathroom lol. This is already worth the $400++ price tag imo LOL.

johnnyCanuck

Am I the only one who feels that the puck and stem get too hot from successive or chain hitting?

I'm using the cup as insulation now, besides it looking better and feeling more stable with it. But mainly so that I can rest the puck on my palm with fingers on plastic cup parts. I get the feeling the cup was designed with this in mind. For insulation of the hot puck. For this, I'm preferring the Auto fire function. Holding down the button is just too hot unless I avoid touching the bowl area but that's directly on the other side. Again, this only happens when chain hitting it. Mighty does the same at highest temps but is not as hot possibly due to larger mass and fins.

Successive hits at level 4 will make mine too hot to touch. I don't remember anyone mentioning this or am i just too sensitive? I do have two and both are the same.

Battery life really isn't ideal for those who uses level 3 and above. I could get to 4 bowls if i temp step from 2. If I start at 3, I only get 3 bowls, which is not the end of the world but like i said, is not ideal. I wonder how long till it reaches 1 bowl per charge? Cos it'd be unusable then?

I am already seeing quartz, SIC or even ruby bowls being introduced soon. It'll be a gold mine for Tafee lol.

Besides that, replacement batteries would be sick, or people would just have to fork up to buy more pucks. Perhaps the heater is meant to have the same lifespan as the battery? In that case, replacement batteries would seem moot.

I'm an idiot when it comes to WPAs. What are some of the best ideas for them so far?

I do like this vape very much. Words cannot describe how thankful I am to Taffee just for the opportunity to Vape in the same room with my wife, who does not partake. No more exhaling out the window or bathroom lol. This is already worth the $400++ price tag imo LOL.
I find the puck and stem get warm but never uncomfortably hot.

SquirrelMaster

The only time I notice heat from the puck is when I'm resting my hand on the lowest part of the stem but it's not uncomfortably hot plus I never seem to have my hand there anyways. I've hit a kief topped pot with 3 back to back draws on level 4 and pulled the pot out seconds later and although its toasty I don't burn my hand which I can't say the same for my other dosing cap capable vapes. You must be slightly sensitive to the heat if both your pucks do it.

The unit never gets too hot to the touch for me. It gets warm, but it's comfortable. And I will do hits at level 3-4 in quick succession.

If I take the pot out right after a level 4 hit, it's hot, but I haven't burned myself yet. Still, best to wait a few seconds before handling it. It cools down quickly.

west-elec

Well... room temp is the same here as it is there correct? :) I’m ribbing you!
It is summer here and I vape in the shed. It has been more than 90 degrees for several weeks now. Last day of summer today, but it will be a few more months before it gets much better.
I find the puck does get quite warm, verging on hot after a few back to back. I also wouldn't want to hold my finger against the base of the stem after a few hits. Cooling starts to suffer slightly, but still very manageable. The alloy is a great conductor and picks up heat and releases it quickly, but probably being in a hot area doesn't allow as much cool down between hits. Need to get me another fan.

Sn4Pz

It's winter-y where I am, most days it's under 30f and I'm still seshing with the window open.

I've noticed my device gets very hot too sometimes, it's either when I'm:

A) having multiple sessions back to back, 2 to 3 pots on any level

Or

B) having one session with the device set to level 1, lasts for about 6 to 7 hits on lvl 1.

Both make the puck and stem hot, I figured this was normal. 🤔

I don't look forward to performance when it's hot outside

RxPlorer

I have to say that I’m very happy with Tafée’s customer service, but I seem to be getting the brunt of the launch issues as I’m now waiting for Puck #4 to arrive. If Tafée’s CS were anything closer to tinymight’s, it would already be game over refund time for me.

for anyone that seems not to be getting dark ABV or full extraction, keep an eye out for build issues with the gasket below the heater that holds the screen. I found that puck 3 was sent with a misaligned gasket that sits recessed into the aluminum body near the back. It’s impossible to seal against the pots in that scenario, resulting in air leak in front of the heater. It was not feasible to repair/realign the gasket myself and really, I shouldn’t have to muck with repairs on a brand new device, should I?

dont get me wrong here I appreciate this company and have every expectation to join the group of satisfied users very soon. Hoping just to share knowledge re: what to look out for when issues arise.

Puck 1 - great extraction, open airflow, sub-par battery life (1-2 pots). Replacement received within 48 hours.

Puck 2 - great extraction, very restricted airflow, some issues registering button presses, satisfactory battery life (4 pots). Device became locked out / unresponsive within a couple of days. awaiting an autopsy report from Tafée. Replacement received within 48 hours.

Puck 3 - poor performance, very free airflow due to poor seal on pot. Could not fully extract actives on level 4. Only bothered to do 1 pot before initiating replacement. Issues were obvious. Still awaiting replacement.

Attachments

• 104B607A-2095-4320-ABD0-EC9833511922.jpeg
    104B607A-2095-4320-ABD0-EC9833511922.jpeg
    611.3 KB · Views: 35
  • ECB86006-FAE9-4AB0-AE45-35C6DDCBD7EA.jpeg
    ECB86006-FAE9-4AB0-AE45-35C6DDCBD7EA.jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 33
  • A2D465B4-BD2D-40A8-B385-D6CA4B723657.jpeg
    A2D465B4-BD2D-40A8-B385-D6CA4B723657.jpeg
    842.9 KB · Views: 37
  • F6DE31C4-C3C3-45DA-AA4A-7A9006E89B42.jpeg
    F6DE31C4-C3C3-45DA-AA4A-7A9006E89B42.jpeg
    932.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Sn4Pz

Anyone here try to clean a pots rim and then see if you can get (what I assume is ) Aluminium dust from the notched element onto the pot? I just did, took me about 15 ins and outs to notice a few additional little particles on the crucible. Not sure what else it could be 🤔

I know it's supposed to stay out of the airpath, but can anyone else confirm?

Here are 3 pics I took, 1 and 2 are with a clean rim and the third shows the grey dust that built up over those 15 times.
d0b7b61edfaa798fd8d020cee528764e91a32e62.jpeg

b96a80c4cfd1ee227ae7ab4c464903560d1ec17d.jpeg

b2a4025efb93e78580441f1d2a38f0c89a9a1127.jpeg

It looks almost as though the pot can hit the metal ball on it's way in and out... Imo that would leave it in the airpath.

Cleaning the pots now... Before anyone says anything about how dirty they are... Lol

Edit: Just had my personal best charging time of one hour, flat! I wonder what gave the Tafee the kick it needed :hmm:

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Mine didn't get anywhere close to getting uncomfortably hot, but I didn't feel it was vaping right either, so I'm not sure which one is normal.

Still waiting for the replacement puck over here, looks like nothing for this week.

Regarding the finish: I brought this up after my first day with the device and signs of wear were already showing - IMHO the finish seems inappropriate for this usage, but nobody seems to care since Tafee says its "normal" and a medical vape guy was involved. The notion that it's "out of the vape path" doesn't seem quite right to me, as I would get crumbs from the bowl in the same location of the wear. Now I'm just an amateur designer and didn't go to a big celebrated school to learn design, but even so, I'm not really convinced a product which literally won various design awards, should be scraping the finish off after one afternoon of use. I'm not sure it would even qualify for medical designation until that was fixed?

Still been looking forward to receiving the replacement puck as everyone seems delighted by the vapor, and I want to give the Bowle a fair chance.

Sn4Pz

The dust is in the hole the stem goes in that holds the pot.........how is that NOT in the air path.
So much being let slide with this one based on some sales peoples names?

I want this solved as much as you do, but what options does Tafee have?

Are customers able to request a refund / unit send-back if dissatisfied? (As good as the vapor is... :shrug: )

The only way to avoid a pile of used returned bowles is a stem material change, right? Or is simply changing the finish of the bottom of the stem enough?

Last edited:
Sn4Pz,
Reactions: arb

Smknbud

Anyone here try to clean a pots rim and then see if you can get (what I assume is ) Aluminium dust from the notched element onto the pot? I just did, took me about 15 ins and outs to notice a few additional little particles on the crucible. Not sure what else it could be 🤔

I know it's supposed to stay out of the airpath, but can anyone else confirm?

Here are 3 pics I took, 1 and 2 are with a clean rim and the third shows the grey dust that built up over those 15 times.
d0b7b61edfaa798fd8d020cee528764e91a32e62.jpeg

b96a80c4cfd1ee227ae7ab4c464903560d1ec17d.jpeg

b2a4025efb93e78580441f1d2a38f0c89a9a1127.jpeg

It looks almost as though the pot can hit the metal ball on it's way in and out... Imo that would leave it in the airpath.

Cleaning the pots now... Before anyone says anything about how dirty they are... Lol

Edit: Just had my personal best charging time of one hour, flat! I wonder what gave the Tafee the kick it needed :hmm:

I see some specks of something in 3rd photo, but it's not in focus. The dirty screen is in perfect focus though:D.

I noticed after a day and some usage that spot where the metal ball interacts with the stem latch/recess. I'm assuming my many stem insertion/removals is why that area where the ball rubs before engaging the recess is shiny looking now. I sure hope the puck coating wasn't flaking off during this.

cliffhanger1

I'll replicate it again in a little while... Debating on not using the vape until further notice though 🤔
i will get at tuesday a new unit - Now I'm unsure about not trying it out until that has been clarified, so that I have a chance of a possible return :(

cliffhanger1,
Reactions: dimmusp

Sn4Pz

I went ahead and scraped that area with my fingernail to placate myself. Nothing. The spot is worn smooth at this point so I'm going to use it as usual.
Unfortunately your nail is not as hard as aluminium, nor is it used to hold the stem in the vape, making your "test" (same level of "test" as my "test", to be clear) information potentially less important than you may think...

After cleaning my entire unit, head to toe (at least where it counts for this, I didnt bother cleaning the inside of my stem lol):

15 ins and outs WHEN PURPOSELY AVOIDING THE BALL (with the pot) seemed to produce no visible debris, though its pretty evident more material has been removed from the stem

However, after those 15 I tried one where the pot hits the ball on the way out, and it is there without a doubt. Sure, its on the outside of the pot but I can easily see that getting into the bowl :( Shame I cant catch the reflectiveness of the material in my camera.

d37801642e76447477c806693aaeac4aab794d29.jpeg

Try it yourselves, its not too hard.

Bruno, Tafee, just go stainless steel please D:

Smknbud

Unfortunately your nail is not as hard as aluminium, nor is it used to hold the stem in the vape, making your "test" (same level of "test" as my "test", to be clear) information potentially less important than you may think...

After cleaning my entire unit, head to toe (at least where it counts for this, I didnt bother cleaning the inside of my stem lol):

15 ins and outs WHEN PURPOSELY AVOIDING THE BALL (with the pot) seemed to produce no visible debris, though its pretty evident more material has been removed from the stem

However, after those 15 I tried one where the pot hits the ball on the way out, and it is there without a doubt. Sure, its on the outside of the pot but I can easily see that getting into the bowl :( Shame I cant catch the reflectiveness of the material in my camera.

d37801642e76447477c806693aaeac4aab794d29.jpeg

Try it yourselves, its not too hard.

Bruno, Tafee, just go stainless steel please D:
I'm seeing what your seeing with your TB per your photos. I don't doubt you. I've tried to duplicate it and can't. I see nothing accumulating along the rim of my pot, I even grabbed a loupe for a close up view.

Top Bottom