Tafée Bowle

Toivarita

999 Forever
Are you using the included AC adapter and USB cord to charge? It should not take that long...
Yea I’m using the included equipment... took 2 and a half hours to fully charge for the first time out of the box. Very impressed with the vapor on the 1st and second hit. If I move to temp 4 after a few lower temp hits, I’m not getting super thorough extraction. I guess I could be taking them out to early. Oh well, it goes in the ABV container for edibles. I’m on my 7th pot and still have 2 lights of battery left.

edit: sorry for the double post. Got medicated and excited.

To the kind person who told me about the charging tricks, @His_Highness. Where did you get this info? If you don’t mind me asking.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yea I’m using the included equipment... took 2 and a half hours to fully charge for the first time out of the box. Very impressed with the vapor on the 1st and second hit. If I move to temp 4 after a few lower temp hits, I’m not getting super thorough extraction. I guess I could be taking them out to early. Oh well, it goes in the ABV container for edibles.

To the kind person who told me about the charging tricks, @His_Highness. Where did you get this info? If you don’t mind me asking.

You may want to try the reset procedure, should be an hour and a quarter at most

Sn4Pz

Yea I’m using the included equipment... took 2 and a half hours to fully charge for the first time out of the box. Very impressed with the vapor on the 1st and second hit. If I move to temp 4 after a few lower temp hits, I’m not getting super thorough extraction. I guess I could be taking them out to early. Oh well, it goes in the ABV container for edibles.

I like to do 3 hits on 2, and three on three to finish it off. Keep in mind im usually doing "blinkers" aka inhaling until the vape kicks turns the heater off itself. Gets a bowl pretty vaped. If I feel like it, I stir between the temp increases but havent seen a need to. 🤔

Good luck, and enjoy! :)

Are you using the included AC adapter and USB cord to charge? It should not take that long...
1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

Yeah I just timed it for myself as well, an hour and 50 minutes from one light left... seems high.

I tried to reset it but it just doesnt work, I do the 5 clicks and then the lights just turn back on to indicate the heaters power level.

e: oh no I've sinned and double posted. Sorry. I too, plead medication via Tafee Bowle.

e2: got the reset thing to work!

Toivarita

999 Forever
Are you guys tamping down your herb in your pots? Or just funneling it in until the pot is full and not touching it

Toivarita,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

johnnyCanuck

Yeah I just timed it for myself as well, an hour and 50 minutes from one light left... seems high.

I tried to reset it but it just doesnt work, I do the 5 clicks and then the lights just turn back on to indicate the heaters power level.

e: oh no I've sinned and double posted. Sorry. I too, plead medication via Tafee Bowle.
you just keep pressing both buttons at the same time until lights stop turning on. which should be about 5 times... but could be more

johnnyCanuck,

Sn4Pz

Are you guys tamping down your herb in your pots? Or just funneling it in until the pot is full and not touching it
I enjoy filling the pot until it is unpacked but full, and then packing it down so it is halfway packed for quick lvl 4 one hitters (more like two... a fraction of one of the two heater cycles is dedicated to heating up the coil and the bud via cigar puffs)

But tamping it down like before, and then just filling it again to put even more bud in works too 👍 . Either works, but option two is obviously best with stirring.

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
I’m getting some strange interactions with my Tafee bowl. It’s hitting like a truck most times. I just went through 7 pots that were decently extracted. I don’t like to get my ABV too brown.

I read the manual over multiple times so I could understand the interface. Select temp with small button. Two ways to use the device it seems. Holding the big button for heat or tapping the big button once for heat. Let me tell you exactly what I see when using the device

I press the big button 3 times to unlock the device. Cyan colored lights are pulsing with however many led’s I have set my temp at. I give the big button a quick press , the pulsing cyan lights turn to solid blue lights, then solid green lights a second later. I take a big and deep inhale and I expel tons of vapor!!! I do not remove the stem to stir the pot.
The next hit will be at the same temperature or higher and I will sometimes get little vapor. Maybe the Bowle’s pot is not sitting quite right for those hits. The next hit there will be tons of vapor!

7 pots later: I check my battery level, *2 LED’s* I load my 8th pot, press the fire button and it gives me a “dancing” cyan light across the 4 led lights. Lighting up one at a time going back and fourth. I assume this is the low battery indicator. I try again and get the same result. So I go to plug the device in. I take the previous advice and do the “repeatedly tap both buttons until the LED’s no longer light up” then I plug it in and it begins to charge. A pulsing blue light indicates charging. After 30 seconds of charging, I unplug the micro usb, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Should I expect to have any more problems? Is my device quick charge now? That first 2.5 hour charge was brutal

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
A pulsing blue light indicates charging. After 30 seconds of charging, I unplug the micro usb, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Should I expect to have any more problems?
I think what you want for the battery reset to be the most effective you should not touch it until it says it's fully charged, then you are free to do the unplug for 10 seconds and plug back in to confirm you have 4 flashing lights

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’m getting some strange interactions with my Tafee bowl. It’s hitting like a truck most times. I just went through 7 pots that were decently extracted. I don’t like to get my ABV too brown.

I read the manual over multiple times so I could understand the interface. Select temp with small button. Two ways to use the device it seems. Holding the big button for heat or tapping the big button once for heat. Let me tell you exactly what I see when using the device

I press the big button 3 times to unlock the device. Cyan colored lights are pulsing with however many led’s I have set my temp at. I give the big button a quick press , the pulsing cyan lights turn to solid blue lights, then solid green lights a second later. I take a big and deep inhale and I expel tons of vapor!!! I do not remove the stem to stir the pot.
The next hit will be at the same temperature or higher and I will sometimes get little vapor. Maybe the Bowle’s pot is not sitting quite right for those hits. The next hit there will be tons of vapor!

7 pots later: I check my battery level, *2 LED’s* I load my 8th pot, press the fire button and it gives me a “dancing” cyan light across the 4 led lights. Lighting up one at a time going back and fourth. I assume this is the low battery indicator. I try again and get the same result. So I go to plug the device in. I take the previous advice and do the “repeatedly tap both buttons until the LED’s no longer light up” then I plug it in and it begins to charge. A pulsing blue light indicates charging. After 30 seconds of charging, I unplug the micro usb, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Should I expect to have any more problems? Is my device quick charge now? That first 2.5 hour charge was brutal

It turning off after seven pots even though you have two lights left is normal... I rarely actually see one LED ever...

And here question about how to load, any and all works, pack it full pack half, 3/4 or 1/4, tamp, don't tamp, coarse or fine grind, medium grind or whole nugs, it all works fine in my experience!

Toivarita

999 Forever
8 pots and 2 leds left... do you have the tafee bowle xl???

Im over here squeaking out 4 :rofl:
I was emptying pretty early for the first round. I don’t expect to get the same amount next time. 45 minutes of charging later and my third led is blinking with 2 solid lights behind it. I hope quick charge is working. Last time I saw 3 solid lights with the 4th blinking for 45+ minutes. Will I be alright to unplug and start vaping again with 3 solid lights and the 4th flashing, or could it effect battery health in the long run. This is its 2nd time being charged.

Last edited:

Sn4Pz

Yeah... now after resetting the vape its been between 45 minutes to an hour on the charger... and the bowle has gone up one LED :L

I think I've got a troubled bowle :hmm:

Smknbud

Got my Tafee Bowle yesterday so this is just my initial impression, so take it for what it’s worth.

The unit itself is pretty slick and appears solid and well made. I think the drinkware compliments it in its own unique way and can see myself using it but certainly not religiously. It just a has a cool form factor to it. The controls for using it are simple and straight forward.

So, I’ve used it a total of four times, so tons of experience 😊. I pack the bowl same way I would with my MiniVap baskets, tamped down lightly. I used Laughing Buddha strain each session.

My initial run was using auto mode and I stepped through the heat settings taking a decent 6 second steady draw on each level. Checked the bowl after level 4 and found it needed a stir, which I’m not particularly fond of doing because I usually make a mess of it especially with smaller sized bowls like these. I finished the first session on level 4. Fast forward to my fourth session. I gave up on the auto mode and just held the fire button down till it turned green and then hit it. I found myself enjoying taking three hits at level 1 really enjoying the flavorful profile of the Laughing Buddha strain and watching the vapor increase with each hit, then two more hits or so on level 2 and finished it off on level 3 which by that point it was tasting a little stale. The ABV was pretty evenly browned and I didn’t feel a stir would do it any good since it was pretty spent and a harsh tasting hit on level 4 would not be to my liking anyways. My fourth session was very satisfying.

My last session using the TB will be my starting point going forward and I’m also sure different strains will alter how I use it, but I’m definitely sticking with the holding down the fire button vs the auto mode. Much preferred.

I will ask a question and maybe I missed it, but are there published temperatures that each heat level represent?

This vape seems like a keeper.

ChooChooCharlie

I prefer the tap and release auto draw sense mode, but I'm not normal, or so they say. Got tremors that get set off by muscle exertion, keeping button depressed

Page 24 has some important warnings -- don't fuck with the puck's screen. Don't use a brush, maybe a blow

fuck with the stem and soak it in iso, fuck with ceramic pots, fuck dem all you want, just don't fuck with the heater screen, and don't take my coconuts
saw Kid Creole open for Lydia Lunch, Spring, 1980, Morristown, NJ Community Theater, less than 100 in audience, booze and white crosses helped

Hmmm...maybe rigid protective thicker gauge upper heater screen, or arched support structure, but not something to fuck with the fucking fantastic top down turbulent flow

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Yeah, as much as I am enjoying the vaping experience, some battery issues over here too. With the manual activiation, and only at Level 1 I didn't make past 2 pots. Checked the battery when inserting my 3rd pot, and battery already down to 1 light. So charging it up, and we will see what tomorrow brings. But for now, work is done and time to check out the VapBong that also landed today...
How many draws are you getting? I get about 20 - 15 second draws per charge. If you do a battery reset make sure you leave the puck plugged in for 4 hours iirc so it doesn't reset the process. It sounds like a good day for you with two excellent vape arrivals!

Texus

How many draws are you getting? I get about 20 - 15 second draws per charge. If you do a battery reset make sure you leave the puck plugged in for 4 hours iirc so it doesn't reset the process. It sounds like a good day for you with two excellent vape arrivals!
False alarm. User error on my part. Just edited that post.

And yes, this is Vape Christmas for me. But now that I am not worried about battery, I'll do some more Bowle time before turning to the VapBong.

SouthernBear84

i think my curiosity is too great and i will order a punch next week if it is available again in germany and i buy it in time. can someone tell me how big the diameter of the screen of the ceramic oven pots is? I suppose you can take it out!? sorry has been discussed many times
I bought some 1/2" recently that fit perfectly. 60 mesh seemed to match OEM

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The TB appears to turn off charging when its fully charged. I wonder if it is ok to leave the TB plugged in, or if we must unplug at full charge? Can we leave it plugged in when not-in-use so as to be ever-ready?

Last edited:

Sn4Pz

The TB appears to turn off charging when its fully charged. I wonder if it is ok to leave the TB plugged in, or if we must unplug at full charge?
Well, I fell asleep last night with it plugged in. No apparent diminishing of capacity or damage.

Not an official report, but it seems to be fine to leave on 🤔

Speaking of charging, how detrimental is the usage of the "passthrough" method of power delivery? I find I just like to keep it always plugged in if I'm indoors, but if its damaging the battery then Id like to know...

Also, can anyone comment on the leftover material stuff near the area where the ball will fit in the stem piece? I am able to wipe away some of that stuff with my finger, and the stem itself seems to have lost significant material for only being used for 2 days. How durable is this latch supposed to be?

91b2a5e948272bad2fcdefa12ec92be0a5b48ad1.jpeg
f1c1f9eb2084f93fea6471e1d7351879a822af39.jpeg

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Yea I’m using the included equipment... took 2 and a half hours to fully charge for the first time out of the box. Very impressed with the vapor on the 1st and second hit. If I move to temp 4 after a few lower temp hits, I’m not getting super thorough extraction. I guess I could be taking them out to early. Oh well, it goes in the ABV container for edibles. I’m on my 7th pot and still have 2 lights of battery left.

The procedure I referenced came from @stickstones and I believe he got the procedure from Tafee.

@macbill - I have left it on charge all night after the charge lights go off and have been doing so since I got it late December. No issues.....

@Sn4Pz - Question: can anyone comment on the leftover material stuff near the area where the ball will fit in the stem piece? I am able to wipe away some of that stuff with my finger, and the stem itself seems to have lost significant material for only being used for 2 days. How durable is this latch supposed to be? Answer: Suggest you contact support not because it could be an issue but because this kind of question would be best answered by them/engineering.

Last edited:
Top Bottom