Tafée Bowle

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also, can anyone comment on the leftover material stuff near the area where the ball will fit in the stem piece? I am able to wipe away some of that stuff with my finger, and the stem itself seems to have lost significant material for only being used for 2 days. How durable is this latch supposed to be?

91b2a5e948272bad2fcdefa12ec92be0a5b48ad1.jpeg

That's normal and nothing to worry about, just the nature of anodized aluminum and that ball bearing connection, should not be getting in vapor path, chamber, or heater...

Sn4Pz

That's normal and nothing to worry about, just the nature of anodized aluminum and that ball bearing connection, should not be getting in vapor path, chamber, or heater...
Gotcha, I just worry about the health of my lungs too much. I should probably have more faith, good heads are involved in this 🤔

On a separate note, I LOVE the ability to have instant vapor. I always wanted a Grasshopper IO because of that, but I dont know anymore. Anyone have both, and can testify? Hopefully the company survives through the IOs product life so a more reliable one can be produced eventually... lol

cliffhanger1

Gotcha, I just worry about the health of my lungs too much. I should probably have more faith, good heads are involved in this 🤔

On a separate note, I LOVE the ability to have instant vapor. I always wanted a Grasshopper IO because of that, but I dont know anymore. Anyone have both, and can testify? Hopefully the company survives through the IOs product life so a more reliable one can be produced eventually... lol
not for now. but i have some hopper io`s and at monday my Tafee Bowle will be shipped out. so next week i can say something to that

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Oh you can never worry too much about the health of your lungs! It is valid concern, but that should not end up in your lungs, since as I said it is not in the bowl or the vapor path or the heater... Otherwise I assure you many of us here would be very worried right along with you! Yes the reputation and experience of those involved does bring peace of mind too, that helps a whole lot!

cliffhanger1

I've already read here that you should only use the supplied cable.
With the power adapter, the bowle charges with 3 A if I'm right.
I wonder if it would work to use an AC adapter that charges with only 1 A to save the battery more ?

cliffhanger1,
Reactions: Djsleepy

Mr. Me2

On a separate note, I LOVE the ability to have instant vapor. I always wanted a Grasshopper IO because of that, but I dont know anymore. Anyone have both, and can testify?
I have the bowle and 2 gh’s; both og but one is one of the last og. I’m a gh fan but have barely touched it since I got the bowle.

I think the only gh advantage is stealth. And maybe replaceable batteries. But for me both are for at home use so these “advantages” don’t matter.

TB definitely has cooler vapor. My guess is it has better flavor too, but I’ll have to let you know if/when I get my sense of taste back.

If instant heat up and vapor is your highest priority, the io wins, but maybe by a second or two. To me, that difference makes no difference.

all this writing has exhausted me...time to visit my TB!

hoyo77

Fastest vape delivery every. Out on UPS truck for delivery. Ordered this week...got it this week!!! Just got off work and may have to call in sick when i wake up for testing purposes, not that i am a slacker or anything but i feel i need to devote some time to getting to know the device plus i
Cool, but who is Dan?.
well Dan oops I mean damn it’s here! That was fast

Toivarita

999 Forever
So I have worked out the very small and few quirks with my Tafee Bowle. The biggest one being the charging time. It took 2.5 hours to fully charge for the first time out of the box. You helpful people informed me that the device was in “trickle charge” mode and not “fast charge” mode. I did the plug in, unplug, wait 10s, plug in, trick a couple of times and it seems to have fixed the charging issue. My next two charges have been around 1h 20m (+/- 5m) from empty (single *dancing* cyan light) to completely full, 4 solid blue lights/no lights.

johnnyCanuck

So I have worked out the very small and few quirks with my Tafee Bowle. The biggest one being the charging time. It took 2.5 hours to fully charge for the first time out of the box. You helpful people informed me that the device was in “trickle charge” mode and not “fast charge” mode. I did the plug in, unplug, wait 10s, plug in, trick a couple of times and it seems to have fixed the charging issue. My next two charges have been around 1h 20m (+/- 5m) from empty (single *dancing* cyan light) to completely full, 4 solid blue lights/no lights.
So how're you feeling about the Bowle in general now after using it?

Toivarita

999 Forever
So how're you feeling about the Bowle in general now after using it?
Very happy and very impressed. I’m not a novice vaporent, idk what to call it, but I’m new to pure convection besides Stickybricks. The device is fantastic and delivers amazing vapor performance. I love the device and its form favor. I usually have water with me and always have water with me when I’m vaping. To have a world class vaporizer in the same package is so incredible. I’m no sure what else to say, I’m sure people have said it better

The only things I do not like about the device that isn’t being said by everyone.
1. The battery isn’t great, I can get 5 pots per full charge if I’m not trying to get the most extraction the device can offer. This complaint is coming from someone (me) who uses mostly swappable 18650 devices, so I’m never out of power.
2. It doesn’t vape super dark and I heard this is common with some pure Convection devices. So I just vape it again in the Arizer or dynavap, usually while the Bowle is charging.
3. I bought it 2 days too early and missed out on the 10% off coupon (I know this one doesn’t count)

I’ll add more dislikes if I come across but so far, everything else is positive.

Mr. Me2

Very happy and very impressed. I’m not a novice vaporent, idk what to call it, but I’m new to pure convection besides Stickybricks. The device is fantastic and delivers amazing vapor performance. I love the device and its form favor. I usually have water with me and always have water with me when I’m vaping. To have a world class vaporizer in the same package is so incredible. I’m no sure what else to say, I’m sure people have said it better

The only things I do not like about the device that isn’t being said by everyone.
1. The battery isn’t great, I can get 5 pots per full charge if I’m not trying to get the most extraction the device can offer. This complaint is coming from someone (me) who uses mostly swappable 18650 devices, so I’m never out of power.
2. It doesn’t vape super dark and I heard this is common with some pure Convection devices. So I just vape it again in the Arizer or dynavap, usually while the Bowle is charging.
3. I bought it 2 days too early and missed out on the 10% off coupon (I know this one doesn’t count)

I’ll add more dislikes if I come across but so far, everything else is positive.
If you want darker abv, have you tried slowing your draw speed? And at different temp levels? I find draw speed makes a big difference.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I've come up with a solution for not being able to see the lights with dark liquid's. The biggest problem is never knowing if your bowle is awake or a sleep if you want a draw detect hit, so my solution is click both buttons to check the battery which lasts 2 seconds and then the unit goes into sleep mode, now you can single click to wake and click again for draw detect. You can do the same process to temp step, check battery level, go sleep, press temp select button to wake and again to step up. It does make for a lot of button clicking but works perfectly, that said manual hit mode will activate if the unit is awake and will wake and activate if asleep so it's a good option too.

Two Heads

Long story, but my Bowle finally arrived today. I'm completely impressed with Tafée, not so much with FedEx. Anyway, I've tried several strains in it and I'm now enjoying some kief while I watch a camera feed from Mars. It's a marvel, these days we live in.

(Suffice to say the high from this vape is really nice! I think I'm going to like this. :D)

Vapefanatic

My packages was still transiting in China this morning. Suddenly, I received a notification that its out for delivery to me at around 4pm. Supposed to reach me by 7pm.

Thank you, FedEx? :lol::lol::lol:

Edit: Received and charging. I'm good once it's fully charged right?

Anything I need to pay attention to?

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

If I were ever to get this, I would never pay an add'l. $70 to include the cup. I like the aesthetics & ergonomics of it sans cup.
The cup isn't $70 FYI. I asked them about this(also concerned as it's way too much for just the cup) and they said all prior pricing structure was related to early adopter kits/purchases. They didn't share a confirmed price point but assured me it would be priced accordingly. I'd imagine in the $20-$30 range.

Toivarita

999 Forever

Replying to my own post. Just want to make a revision on this, are I can’t edit anymore. The battery life is seeming to be less of an issue when I consider the size of the dang thing. It’s pretty small when you think about it. I can get darker ABV when I slow my breathing on higher temps, thanks for the tip! I just can’t go too slow, as I like to use the click and breathe function. I predict the the Bowle 2.0 will have USB-C and maybe the charging port in a different location.
Can’t praise this device enough! Cleaning it is as easy as an Arizer for me!

Vapefanatic

Ok. First impressions after 5 bowls or was it 6 lol? I honestly can't remember. I've been using it as casually as I can. Will be using it exclusively for a while to really get a feel of it before passing any real judgements.

It's already an early winner. My wife don't seem to mind the smell from the Bowle. She cannot stand the smell from my Vapdong. This will be my before bedtime vape from now on. This is a huge deal for me lol.

Am glad I got the 250ml. Size is just nice. Perfect for me.

SquirrelMaster

I agree that battery life could be better but I get my pots pretty dark so I'm not sure if there's something up with yours. I posted a pic recently in the thread where I'll temp step 15 second draws on each temp setting and I extract a pot very nicely. I prefer to hit it slower and lower and then I don't even bother stirring and the flower is fully extracted.

Toivarita

999 Forever
I’ve been watching my Bowle charge again. After 1h 18m, the lights shut off to indicate it was fully charged. I did not unplug it yet and I was getting my pots together. Returning, I noticed the lights have turned back on and indicated charging. 3 solid and one pulsing blue light. Been doing that for another 10+ minutes now.
Anyone experience this?
I’m pretty sure if I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it would indicate fully charged but I want to see how long it takes for the Bowle to say it’s charged while still plugged in.

Last edited:
Toivarita,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I’ve been watching my Bowle charge again. After 1h 18m, the lights shut off to indicate it was fully charged. I did not unplug it yet and I was getting my pots together. Returning, I noticed the lights have turned back on and indicated charging. 3 solid and one pulsing blue light. Been doing that for another 7+ minutes now.
Anyone experience this?
I’m pretty sure if I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it would indicate fully charged but I want to see how long it takes for the Bowle to say it’s charged while still plugged in.
Never experienced this unless I started charging it again by pulling out the charger and putting it back in immediately after it was fully charged. Is it possible the charge was interrupted for a second somehow after all the lights went out?

@SquirrelMaster / @Toivarita - I've also posted pics of dark brown evenly cooked AVB from finishing off at level 4 and no stirring.

In other news....Recently I was showing off my Bowle and as usual the conversation turned to "What up with the cup?" I once again, explained the symbiotic relationship between vaping and sipping a liquid AND the social stealth aspect. The person I was conversing with said "I don't see the stealth aspect because there's something not quite right about the look of the unit as just a cup". I then replaced the longer mouthpiece with the shorter one and said "How about now"? Total 180 degree turn.....the comment was "I see it now. It looks like one of those water bottles you put fruit in. If I saw you walking around with it that way it wouldn't catch my eye." Then the person said "But what would you do if someone into water bottles wanted to hold it?" I said I'd tell them the same thing I'm about to tell you....... Take a fuckin hit and pass it already!"

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker

I have both of them and they both belong together.
Instant vapor and capable of delivering heavy vapor that will put me to sleep, not a lot of portables can do that.
The only advantage the IO has is the replaceable battery, for the Bowle it's the ease of use.
For the rest I think they are close in performance.

Top Bottom