Tafée Bowle

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If there's soldering to the board involved, I would leave that to someone more qualified than I!
Hopefully that will be the good folks at Tafee if/when the need actually arises for me.
Like i said some days ago

says their website. So they will have new units in the near future
But the website used to say Q4 '22 and I think before that it said Q3...
I am definitely hoping for more Bowles and more new products from Tafee, it seems we have to wait.

Cacahuates

So my new puck doesn't fire very well on my first draw. I remember my other unit having great results with the first draw. Could it just be the unit is cold? Anyone have this issue when taking it on the go?

Last edited:
Cacahuates,
  • Sad
Reactions: JCat

Principal Guy

I’ve been acquiring far too many new vaporizers and water pieces so my Taffe bowle has been collecting dust. Pulled it out last night and had a blast. This is a very special vaporizer for quick, on demand vapor at home. The cup portion has been in storage and never used. Hope an update appears in the future so others can enjoy.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Howdy yall...
I own 2 devices and I've noticed one of them is not working as well as the other.
It's just harder to get good results and while using cold water in the cup, it's even harder...

Anyone experience that?
I tried contacting Taffee, we'll see how it goes.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Still taking up the #1 slot in my daily drivers, still hits like Tyson, still sits on the charger 99% of the time like a desktop, still wish it had better battery life, still waiting on the second coming of the Holy Bowle.

Last night I filled a pot with enough to properly cover the bottom, set it to 4 and ripped it......The taste was super intense, the cloud was super dense and the hit was super cool.

I will wait as long as it takes but damn......

RxPlorer

In news that shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone who’s been paying attention, the Q1 2023 re-stock notice has been replaced with “RESTOCKING FOR RELAUNCH 2023”. I love my Bowle, but if this relaunch isn’t for Bowle 2.0 I don’t think the company is going to stay afloat.
There's zero chance they'll get another purchase from me without design changes.

In news that shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone who’s been paying attention, the Q1 2023 re-stock notice has been replaced with “RESTOCKING FOR RELAUNCH 2023”. I love my Bowle, but if this relaunch isn’t for Bowle 2.0 I don’t think the company is going to stay afloat.

Did they use the term "relaunch" before, or is that new? If new, it kinda gives me hope that they're trying to bring a new version to market. Or I'm just overanalyzing and it means nothing.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I still absolutely love my Bowle (although never used the cup ... well ... twice); really great device for killing a bowl in 1-2 big hits.

The delays may just be around supply ... as a small manufacturer, depending on the components, they may just not have been able to get them manufactured. Here's for hoping anyways. (for example, I haven't been able to by Raspberry Pi Zero/Zero 2 boards in a year or more)

edit: and in regards to the RPI boards, they expect their stocks to pickup by Q2, and by Q3 to be at regular levels where you can order-on-demand pretty much ... hopefully the same will be true for Tafee.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Consistently missing your communicated launches is precisely the opposite of meticulously planned, makes me think they have absolutely zero effing clue what they are doing. The Taffee name is turning to mud.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The Taffee name is turning to mud.
Not in my book.
They have bent over backwards to keep me on board as a happy customer, while I wait for the next device.
Agree, less than smooth this pat year or so getting something out, but I don't think this is intentional or due to poor planning.
Lots of other factors could be at work.
Financing? Supply chain?

I lived through a years' long abusive relationship with Hopper Labs, this isn't remotely like that!

staircase slight of hand

Financing? Supply chain?

We’re getting to a point here where finance/supply chain troubles are basically indistinguishable from poor planning. If you say you’re going to do [x] for a full year, and you keep pushing back your deadlines every time you hit them, eventually you need to be candid with your customers if you want them to trust you. Great device, and from what I’ve seen Bruno’s a guy with his heart in the right place, but the constant string of promised deadlines that get missed (with no acknowledge) is just a poor way to run a business. They need to level with their target audience if they want to preserve the goodwill they’ve accumulated.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Not in my book.
They have bent over backwards to keep me on board as a happy customer, while I wait for the next device.
Agree, less than smooth this pat year or so getting something out, but I don't think this is intentional or due to poor planning.
Financing? Supply chain?

I lived through a years' long abusive relationship with Hopper Labs, this isn't remotely like that!

Then say that, tell your customers we want more than anything to deliver to you right now but unfortunately X issue is out of our control and we do not have a firm timeline for when X will be resolved. We will update you as soon as we have any firm or actionable timelines, until then we appreciate your patience!

Expectation management is a core part of any retail production company, and failing at it has tangible consequences.

staircase slight of hand

Expectation management is a core part of any retail production company, and failing at it has tangible consequences.

Exactly. I have two family members that would love a Bowle (and have been waiting to purchase one since last summer), but have basically given up with this latest update and will be getting TM2’s. If they had info they could trust they’d wait more, but a vague “we’ll be back at some point!” won’t cut it.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Exactly. I have two family members that would love a Bowle (and have been waiting to purchase one since last summer), but have basically given up with this latest update and will be getting TM2’s. If they had info they could trust they’d wait more, but a vague “we’ll be back at some point!” won’t cut it.
They have them in stock at Planet of the Vapes, Canadian site.

staircase slight of hand

They have them in stock at Planet of the Vapes, Canadian site.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately both of the people that were interested have lost interest due to the ongoing communication issues with Tafee and aren’t willing to spend 300+ USD for what could very well be New Old Stock of a discontinued vape. And frankly, I don’t blame them…

Top Bottom