Tafée Bowle

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Dropped a bowle from a foot off the floor today. It no longer heats up. I'm a bit sad, it was working like a champ before that careless drop. It lights up like normal but no heat. I'm in reset procedure mode atm, please pray for my bowle, team bowle!
Mine had that- blue light, no heat developing, no green light, then off.

If you are under warranty, I think you could just describe the symptoms without going into the background, if you get my drift.
Good luck!

MinnBobber

Oh man! The reset worked! I got saved. Thanks for the kindness friends. @MinnBobber i hope you’re well. I still owe ya donuts 🍩
Hey man, great that it came back to life.
My Bowle had an only blinky blinky lights syndrome fail but it too came back.
Bowle is just so quick and clean and smooth.

I may likely go to Madison this spring so maybe have a donut (and DynaVap?) meet up.
Did you ever get an E-bike?

ChooChooCharlie

I've done the reset, just for testing
the simultaneous button pressing 5 times can be challenging for us challenged folk

wondering why ...
maybe they encountered problems with that LiPo pack's chip during testing?

maybe forced to include a reset procedure?
wish they had the cash to fix the underlying cause

but, I recall a hole in the early Macs, designed to insert a paperclip

Apple improved, so there's hope

buckhakeesah

Hey man, great that it came back to life.
My Bowle had an only blinky blinky lights syndrome fail but it too came back.
Bowle is just so quick and clean and smooth.

I may likely go to Madison this spring so maybe have a donut (and DynaVap?) meet up.
Did you ever get an E-bike?
Yes, luck was on my side. Thankfully will not have to send it in. I never got the bike, still trying to land that home first so I have a place to keep it nicely stored. My schedule is not as flexible these days since joining corporate life. Wishing you good health.

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: MinnBobber

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Lately, Bowles are filling our needs about 80% of the time. Happily, we have two in the house, so we do sessions together, separately.
I am much less concerned now about the unit getting too hot, or somehow over-used by sharing, back to back, etc.
I have a ditty bag that fits the two and an altoids tin in there for extra, filled pots. Now we take them out and about more often than we used to!
I think this is saying a lot, because the vapes we have waiting for their turn in the rotation are 2 V3Pro's, 2 Hopper io's, 2 Roffu's, 2 Splinter V3's, a Mighty and a Minivap.

Definitely want to see what's next from Tafee.

Cacahuates

Just received my second bowle and I think it's doa... no lights at all. After about 4 hours charging I just get lights that go from right to left. Then nothing unless I disconnect and plug in again. Any suggestions?

Cacahuates,

RxPlorer

Just received my second bowle and I think it's doa... no lights at all. After about 4 hours charging I just get lights that go from right to left. Then nothing unless I disconnect and plug in again. Any suggestions?
Have you tried the hard reset? Press both buttons simultaneously, 5 times quickly. It takes a few tries to get it right, but once you get it, the puck won't turn on at all until you plug it in. I guess in your case it will be hard to tell. Maybe try to trigger the reset while it's plugged in.

Hard reset, then leave it on the charger until it fully charges. The post reset charge cycle is long, could be like 4 hours, but will show the level via LEDs. If you don't see any lights, it's not charging.

If you still get the knight rider sequence after the hard reset, yes you're pretty much doa. In that case demand a replacement (not a repair) no matter what CS tries to convince you of.

Cacahuates

Thanks for the replies! Still knight riding after 6 hours of charging and reset attempts. I'm afraid this Kitt is a dud. Contacted cs and awaiting their response. Thanks again for the help.

Heard back from cs (purchased from planet of the vapes) very promptly. I'll try their tips and hopefully she'll be revived.
As of this a.m. I was still getting the knight rider sequence and then nothing.
Trying another 6 hour charge and hopefully will get some standby lights.

Last edited:
Cacahuates,
Reactions: RxPlorer

Cacahuates

The old low battery lockout got me!
After about 3 attempts following the steps from pov and tafee I was able to bring it to life. Tafee assured me that this happens often and is remedied by following their "exact instructions!" Thanks everyone for your assistance.
Works great.
Now it's time break in that battery.

ChooChooCharlie

The old low battery lockout got me!
After about 3 attempts following the steps from pov and tafee I was able to bring it to life. Tafee assured me that this happens often and is remedied by following their "exact instructions!" Thanks everyone for your assistance.
Works great.
Now it's time break in that battery.

for folk understandably too reticent to click on the official Tafée troubleshooting external link that I posted above, here's a selected screenshot

@Cacahuates -- is this the "exact instructions" that fixed your issue??

bowle-troubleshoot-wont-charge.jpg

Cacahuates

for folk understandably too reticent to click on the official Tafée troubleshooting external link that I posted above, here's a selected screenshot

This is it! Took me a few times though... I think the key was not letting it sit too long (>2h). When I left it longer it would still lock me out. It still didn't indicate charging but it did power on. I think I'll do another rest after a few battery cycles.

cliffhanger1

Sorry for short OT. Only once briefly.
Is nobody from EU here who is interested to take 3 stems very cheap ?? 1 is even new.:whip::myday:
Thx.

Edit:
I saw on their site that Tafee will started selling new bowls again at the beginning of the year

Last edited:

RxPlorer

I had to use these again today, for a puck that went into lockout as soon as I put it on the charger. There were 2 lights left before it was plugged in so "low battery" lockout doesn't exactly make a lot of sense.

Ah well. Still the best on demand convection in the game.

Esquire

I have to agree. 2 years that I've had mine now, and it's still working perfectly, and it's my "go-to" travel vape. Only dry-herb vape I own that can kill a bowl in 1-2 large hits without water comfortably (with nice even, complete extraction)
I think the Bowle does not get as much street cred because ball vapes are so popular right now, and because its form factor is not as portable as most portables. I really consider it a home-use portable. Would love to see Tafee come up with some innovations for this device. USB-C charging is necessary; replaceable batteries would be great but I am not counting on that. If there was some way to put a lid on the little pots, that would make the device more portable, and lastly, something needs to be done with the cup. I don't use mine at all anymore after the first one developed hairline cracks everywhere. Tafee replaced it free of charge, but I still haven't used it since. Needs to be double-wall so that it retains cold/warm temperatures, or I would love to see some kind of insulated metal, like a Yeti. The problem with that is that anything that is not translucent would block the user from seeing the LED's, which is why those LED's should be somewhere else. That said, based on flavor and effects, the Bowle is king in my book.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm so into the Bowle, lately other vapes are for using while Bowle is charging.
This morning I was musing about battery replacement on an older Bowle. Then @JCat pops in here? So okay, have you any thought on this? Did you see @ChooChooCharlie's open-up of Bowle?
@ChooChooCharlie, do you recall if the battery is soldered to the board, or plugged in?

Or is there a 'factory' replacement service option I'm not aware of?

Goita

I am a very light user e.g a bowl a day! My tafee has given up, tried resets but doesn't work. It will say it has a full charge, I then use it and after 2 pulls it shuts down! Anyone else experienced this?

ChooChooCharlie

I'm so into the Bowle, lately other vapes are for using while Bowle is charging.
This morning I was musing about battery replacement on an older Bowle. Then @JCat pops in here? So okay, have you any thought on this? Did you see @ChooChooCharlie's open-up of Bowle?
@ChooChooCharlie, do you recall if the battery is soldered to the board, or plugged in?

Good questions, @vapviking . These LiPo packs have 5 wires, no end user replacement option, unless your end user name is @JCat . Believe they are soldered. Don't know of battery service option from Tafée ...

Pretty sure that they are still responding. I got a response to my pictures. He was not amused. Oops. Does not want users opening puck and trying any self servicing I suppose. I'm a bad Choo

JCat

Accessory Maker

I'm not sure if factory replacement is available, but honestly I would be surprised if it isn't. I'm sure otherwise a DIY solution could be come up with, but haven't delved into it. I'm all for just getting the manufacturer to repair it if the cost is reasonable :)

Top Bottom