Tafée Bowle

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah, the lack of communication from Tafee has been the most frustrating thing about this situation.
Yes it is frustrating, and the one sparse communication (the banner) has been a shifting goalpost.

Some folks seem to be really insulted and turned off. My thought on that is, hey, nobody has taken your preorder money and run off with it, they simply have not materialised a product according to loose projections, like 'sometime in the next Quarter'.

Yeah, go buy a different product if this is taking too long. I don't begrudge Bruno for being innovative in the first place, I admire him, thank him.

If Tafee had been giving updates on developments, more information more often about the changing goalposts, might that not just as likely have been met with even more vocal frustration from the gallery?

We simply do not know what all the challenges have been for Bruno. Not everyone can be as spot-on about product projections as Elon Musk! HA!

New post on IG today. Not sure if this is an updated version or not. Summer ‘23. I’ll believe it when I see it. :lol:

staircase slight of hand

I emailed them back at the beginning of March and was told “If you have signed up for updates please be on the lookout for our announcements slated for April 19th we have a few exciting things planned”… I can’t really say that this IG post is exciting, per se, but it’s nice to see them active anywhere after the past year of radio silence. Also, them showing off the Bowle sans cup is a nice change in direction.

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
My interest was piqued by this newest IG post. Was surprised to see news from them, had just assumed Tafee threw in the towel.

I had a bowle a while back and enjoyed the experience, but decided to sell it and wait for V2 with the needed improvements. I had been hoping they'd ditch the puck shape and go towards something truly pocketable. The Bowle heater in a pocket friendly shape would be the king of on-the-go on-demand.

Hopefully this teaser is a true V2 with much needed improvements, but time will tell I suppose.

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
I think the problem is time has thus far, not been able to tell. Tafée 2.0 smells more and more like vaporware every day.
That's fair. The Bowle has been out of stock for a very long time now with little updates from Tafee.

I've been tempted a few times by the now cheap secondary prices for used Bowle's, but have decided to keep holding out for version 2.0.

Dainis_V

Charging port fix. I had charging port problems on my device and it was getting worse. It was really difficult to get it charging.
I need to push it in a specific way, to get it charging.

So I decided to open up and take a look.
And I was surprised that charging port is modular, you can take it out.
I guess with time it's getting loose and pins not making contact.

I found a quick fix for my situation.
Where the line is, I put small piece of papper.
So when I put the cap back it pushes port a little bit.
It's been working great for me since the fix. Charges easily every time. https://i.imgur.com/SH0Zv0c.jpg

Last edited:

RxPlorer

Charging port fix. I had charging port problems on my device and it was getting worse. It was really difficult to get it charging.
I need to push it in a specific way, to get it charging.

So I decided to open up and take a look.
And I was surprised that charging port is modular, you can take it out.
I guess with time it's getting loose and pins not making contact.

I found a quick fix for my situation.
Where the line is, I put small piece of papper.
So when I put the cap back it pushes port a little bit.
It's been working great for me since the fix. Charges easily every time.
The link isn't working for me

staircase slight of hand

Unfortunately, wait is all they have on offer nowadays.

Yeah, I’m giving them til the end of the summer (the most recent re-stock ETA, and yes, fool me twice etc…) and then just giving up hope. I’ve moved to a TM2 as a daily driver, but there’s something really special about the Bowle’s heating element that would make it win the reach test if they could just iron out their production issues and release a v2.0.

If they could stick that heater in a more conventional form factor (one that’s amenable to WPA’s), allow finer tuning of the temp settings, update the charging port to USB-C, and use a significantly larger capacity (and preferably swappable) battery, they’d pretty much be making my dream portable.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
The only mod everybody needs
P46don0.jpg

buckhakeesah

Looks like he replaced the screws. Nice! Where can we get the replacement parts? I'd like to replace mine as well.

This revived puck base I got back runs a bit hotter than when she went in from what I've noticed. On the 4th led setting, it's definitely more toastier of a roast. I've since moved down to level 3 with this unit and now feels back to normal for me. Before it went in for repair, I rode the 4 leds with no toasty taste at all. Still one of the best tasting portables for me and continues to lead the pack of very capable vapes.

I will wait in line for their next release like a mofo waiting in line for their next game system :) It's that good to me.

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
My man, been a while! What did you do here? Flip the bottom panel??

Looks like he replaced the screws. Nice! Where can we get the replacement parts? I'd like to replace mine as well.

This revived puck base I got back runs a bit hotter than when she went in from what I've noticed. On the 4th led setting, it's definitely more toastier of a roast. I've since moved down to level 3 with this unit and now feels back to normal for me. Before it went in for repair, I rode the 4 leds with no toasty taste at all. Still one of the best tasting portables for me and continues to lead the pack of very capable vapes.

I will wait in line for their next release like a mofo waiting in line for their next game system :) It's that good to me.

Yes, I did change the screws.
And this is the reason why :

50.jpg

My only real problem with the Bowle is that the screws inside that connect the top and bottom parts would get loose and cause air to escape from the gaps, breaking the seal and give worse extraction.
It happens with when resin gets inside the screw or when you actually clean the stem with ISO.
Sure its a little annoying but you can fix it by cleaning and screwing back harder...however, the outer screw for some reason is an hex shape screw instead of the normal X shaped one...and its terrible, its so delicate it become impossible to open after a while.
So as you can see in this picture, this mouthpiece was not recoverable, so I had to get some help.

The size of the screw is 2.5 x 8mm.

I tried to get it from Amazon, but I got hex shaped again...sigh...
So, I ordered from AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001764054821.html
- Make sure to pick M2.5 and 8mm
But, I did not get them yet...

So how then?
Well, luckily, I have an old faulty puck base, and the screws they use are.... 2.5 x 8mm, exactly like I needed :)

So now I can feel comfortable to dissemble the stem everytime before I clean, because the screw won't screw me over and force me to get a new stem :)

buckhakeesah

What is the exact size hex that is needed to remove the stock screw? I think I tried to but ended up nearly stripping it so I’ve been waiting to find the right size one to order

buckhakeesah

Thank you. I’ve seen a few posts about this but never really got a clear confirmed answer on the right size fit.

buckhakeesah,
Top Bottom