Tafée Bowle

DonMarteng

Alright just to finish things up regarding my defective unit, Tafée came towards me with big steps and tried everything to make things right.
I am once again happy and will be with a new puck soon. They also answered all my questions and were very fast with their responses.
I knew there was no worry to doubt their customer service. Thanks Tafée!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I hate being That Guy... but has any more news or rumors dropped re Taffee's "Next Big Thing?" Still love mine. Efficient, tasty, unassuming little Rescue Device.
Q1 2023??

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

staircase slight of hand

At this point, my money’s on the next batch either being an updated 2.0 release (with USB-C and a bigger battery), or just not happening at all. It’s a well loved vape in certain aficionado spaces (like FC), but running another full production of the same units that came out in 2020 just doesn’t strike me as a sound business decision in 2023.

ChooChooCharlie

I believe the Herbalizer used a thermocouple to monitor the air temp for temperature feedback as well. Probably others but that seems the most notable since it had such fast halogen heatup.

Coil looks to be Kanthal, interesting how black it’s gotten in the hot zone. Probably glowing hot to look like that?

It’s sort of reminds me of that Vivant Vleaf Go which also used a metal coil inside a ceramic enclosure.

Thanks for sharing those photos, always cool to see under the hood!
Thanks, I had forgotten about the Herbie. Maybe Bowle is only portable?

I searched back through this thread for any answers on the coil's composition. Apparently it's stainless steel, not kanthal. Way back on page 44, vtac intervened -- needed to move Bowle posts to the Material Safety discussion area. Heh Heh, he said move Bowles. Interested readers can see the alarming posts here:

My coil is rather blackened, especially at the apex midpoint, leaving marks on ceramic. But those marks are so tiny, and the rest of the ceramic and the interior of puck look brand new. Except for my cracked off piece :lol:. Noticed how my cracked space is right where the left side of thermocouple wire stretched over. Can see bend in wire from its memory wrapping around broken piece ledge. No air leakage, fortunately

This puck had its two year birthday last week. What did it get? A drunken stripping and beat down, like a frat hazing. Figured well over 2,000 pots over its faithful service

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I don’t have a Bowle, but seconded on PBW, it really works. Even yucky bangers come clean with a PBW soak.

ChooChooCharlie

Had some fun posing Bowle last New Year's Eve:
Dali-Bowle.jpg

skip to 5 minute mark for description:

Gotta luv those exterior Bowle lines, and the interior is sweet as well, like that simple bracket holding the three ceramic oven parts, bending down behind and grabbing inlet slot, held in place by two screws on top. Elegantly simple

budweis

Comfortably Numb
After about half a year with Bowle I’ve discovered a new level of simplicity. Well, some of you’ve discovered, I stole the idea and finally took the plunge and ordered the Potter. Never minded a rolling tray, loading tool and all that shenanigans, well I still don’t with Vapman or Dyna. But being a tired dad, I’d sometimes struggle taking all that stuff out, griding and loading a bowl.

This thing made my evening ritual flawless. Keeping the Potter pre-filled in a drawer, Bowle amongst our kitchen ware and rest of the tools hidden out off the plain sight so the 2y old inspection unit won’t get suspicious. That kind of ease is something I seek almost in every aspect of my life. Thanks to Charlie I’ve sucesfully stopped wasting water and started wasting tiny pieces of metal instead. Another piece of the puzzle. Overall, if you can imagine yourself in similar situation, I highly recommend :tup:

Last edited:

kapows

I hate being That Guy... but has any more news or rumors dropped re Taffee's "Next Big Thing?" Still love mine. Efficient, tasty, unassuming little Rescue Device.
Where did you hear about this and has any info whatsoever dropped?

kapows,

RxPlorer

I have a second "backup" puck that I keep around just in case the first one acts up again. But I haven't even turned it on except to make sure that it didn't arrive DOA, i guess a year ago.

What's the right way to store it for the sake of the silly proprietary battery? Full charge, partial charge or drained? If I leave it for a year at a time is it going to be shot when I need it most?

Last edited:
RxPlorer,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have a second "backup" puck that I keep around just in case the first one acts up again. But I haven't even turned it on except to make sure that it didn't arrive DOA, i guess a year ago.

What's the right way to store it for the sake of the silly proprietary battery? Full charge, partial charge or drained? If I leave it for a year at a time is it going to be shot when I need it most?

There is no right way, the device is always on, so the battery is always going to be draining even without use, the only way to solve it is to work it into regular rotation...

RxPlorer

There is no right way, the device is always on, so the battery is always going to be draining even without use, the only way to solve it is to work it into regular rotation...
I figured as much, since I've noticed that my dd puck tends to lose 2 dots of battery after sitting a few days. Oof, first world problems but I try to keep things simpler... hate to have to rotate 2 units just to keep them conditioned but I guess if I'm frustrated over that, life must be pretty simple already. It literally didn't occur to me that I shouldn't have let it sit for so long, until.... 59 minutes ago

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I figured as much, since I've noticed that my dd puck tends to lose 2 dots of battery after sitting a few days. Oof, first world problems but I try to keep things simpler... hate to have to rotate 2 units just to keep them conditioned but I guess if I'm frustrated over that, life must be pretty simple already. It literally didn't occur to me that I shouldn't have let it sit for so long, until.... 59 minutes ago

Preach, I wish this one had removable batteries, for this reason at the very least, although it would solve another prominent issue of course, but it is a conscious effort to sparsely use my one unit just to maintain its integrity (even if that is only a bowl or two on a charge now) in rotation with my other preferable choices because they have those features I prefer (the all glass pathway of my choice and lower temps capability, namely)

Top Bottom