• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

Blargas541

Anybody use a glass/quartz carb cap for their t-bucket banger? I'm curious to know what size I need or if anybody has a brand that works, even better.

Also, is there a way to calibrate the PID? I see everybody here talking about 400f dabs but I actually found I need to keep the heat higher than with my quartz banger (minimum 475 to get clouds). However it taste great I love the device just looking for tips.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Anybody use a glass/quartz carb cap for their t-bucket banger? I'm curious to know what size I need or if anybody has a brand that works, even better.

Also, is there a way to calibrate the PID? I see everybody here talking about 400f dabs but I actually found I need to keep the heat higher than with my quartz banger (minimum 475 to get clouds). However it taste great I love the device just looking for tips.
Hi.

I've used this:

The one on the right.... I do find it can kick the oil up over the side of the bucket so I only use it for a second hit on occasions (prefer to clear in one).

I tend to use the supplied and am happy enough. I've enough vas and gas so would rather avoid some form of ccas!

Wrt to those temps. Are those PID or bucket temps?

I run my d cup pid at 505 f which I think is about 460 bucket. Much lower and it gets v wispy.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hi.

I've used this:

The one on the right.... I do find it can kick the oil up over the side of the bucket so I only use it for a second hit on occasions (prefer to clear in one).

I tend to use the supplied and am happy enough. I've enough vas and gas so would rather avoid some form of ccas!

Wrt to those temps. Are those PID or bucket temps?

I run my d cup pid at 505 f which I think is about 460 bucket. Much lower and it gets v wispy.

Yeah, my DCup “delta offset”, is +65f. I configured both my Auber 300b, and Maxvapor PID so the display reflects the sapphire DISH temp. I don’t have a TCup to test, but I imagine the delta offset would be close.

EddIW

Might be bit of a long shot but can anyone confirm that the "silver plug" version of this flat coil will work with the old newvape PID pictured below. Just got my T-bucket today but ordered a new flat coil that doesn't work with my controller so had to order the one above. Also the above coil usually comes with this setup and controller that looks like my older newvape controller. So it should be ok right? Thanks

Current controller:
149968de0a3952548f1d2d8e3a350495.jpg

AllMoneyIn77

Everything came together last night as I got my AugustHaus Liger custom coil and the Tbucket.

Gave the metal parts a good washing and test assembled everything. Found that the NV cover for the flat coil does not fit the AugustHaus coil. Tried putting everything together without the coil cover but noticed that the sapphire dish sits on the bolt that is poking through the bottom. Figured I needed a washer or something to take up the thread space on the bolt. Flipped the NV flat iron coil and bolted everything back up. With the flipping of the coil cover everything bolted up nicely and very sturdy.

Plugged in the coil into my KubeOneand set the temp to 410 and waited for heat soak for a 3 mins or so. Whipped out the Terpometer and took a temp. Was at 340 or so on the Terpometer. Tried a small size dosing like a .1 or less maybe. Got terps but very little ☁️. Bumped temp to 490 and best soaked again for a min or two and took another. Now got both terps and ☁️. Terpometer showed about 410 while my controller was set to 490. So about a 80 degree diff.

Bumped temp to 450 on the KubeOne and let it cool soak since I had it at 490 earlier. Friend wanted to try so thought maybe a good time to try glob mode. The glob mode in the KubeOne is where you can have the controller apply heat to reach a certain temp and hold the temp for a set amount of time and then return the temp back to the original temp setting of say 450. Set up a glob mode profile for 575 for 10 seconds. Gots .1 set up for the friend. We dropped it in and kick the glob mode to go to 575 for 10 seconds. Starts taking pulls once the glob mode button is pushed. Friend got to experience the terps at the low temps and get full heat spectrum of the concentrate at the higher temps. It was perfect. As tried another for myself but using glob mode. The top temp was just high enough to not create the burnt concentrate taste.

By the way i am using the sapphire dish specifically the CCA710 one. Which is very similar to the NV sapphire dish,

I tried various caps. They are work as far as sealing. Coojo cap worked nice and was able to make the balls spin but he spin was not a very high rate of speed. Had to point the coojo cap way to the side and directional pointed to make spin. It sealed nice and was easy to use. Also tried a d-nail coin cap with air channels. That worked good and could spin the balls but not very fast without big pulls on the lungs. The NV cap worked the best as far spinning the balls quickly. All of the caps sealed great. The coojo cap felt the most secure and think provided the most control. Might try one more cap but will need to test fit first.

Cleaning is wonderful as the dish is big and easy to swab. Very sturdy and easy to apply pressure without any worries of snapping a quartz neck.

think NV did a good job on the Tbucket and happy with the set up. Can’t wait to experiment again tonight.
Thanks for breaking down your experience this stuff helps me alot when i cant dial in temps

John Lewus

Does anyone ever clean their sapphire dish just by cranking the temperature super high? I did not see that mentioned in this forum with all of the discussions on cleaning. I have done this multiple times, and it hasn't been a problem yet. I will crank the digital PID to around 1200 for 15 min and it burns everything off leaving me a clean dish. I then let it cool down to room temperature when done. I found that if I use an angled adapter and tilt the banger while cranking it to 1200 then the oil that builds up inside the banger will mostly flow into the angled glass adapter giving me a cheap and lazy way to reclaim some of that.

John Lewus,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Got my T-bucket up and running recently. Decided to make a little video as there aren’t many usage videos I could find. This was at 690. Love it so much. T-bucket + baller = endgame.

Nice video, you must like high temps dabs. If you minus the delta offset (-60f on my DCup), your dish temperature is probably around 630f. On both my Maxvapor & Auber PID, I program the delta into it, as I’m always more interested in the dish temp. Coming from a torch - titanium nail setup, I’ve slowly been getting my temps lower, better flavor, and less coughing for me.

Does anyone ever clean their sapphire dish just by cranking the temperature super high? I did not see that mentioned in this forum with all of the discussions on cleaning. I have done this multiple times, and it hasn't been a problem yet. I will crank the digital PID to around 1200 for 15 min and it burns everything off leaving me a clean dish. I then let it cool down to room temperature when done. I found that if I use an angled adapter and tilt the banger while cranking it to 1200 then the oil that builds up inside the banger will mostly flow into the angled glass adapter giving me a cheap and lazy way to reclaim some of that.

I use a 600f 15 minute clean cycle only after I do a deep clean on my Sapphire DCup which involves a dish soak in Simple Green Crystal. That lifts off the baked on reclaim that ISO doesn’t touch. For all the titanium parts, I heat up the DCup to about 130-150f, and just swab with Dark Crystal Clear (heat activates it). I don’t bother taking the whole thing apart. After everything is clean and dry, I run the clean cycle. If using your HIGH HEAT technique works, your sapphire dish should look totally clear and new looking, if not, you may just be baking the reclaim on it. After it cools down to room temperature, you could try soaking it in a dish, to see if anything floats off, assuming you have something similar to SGC solution, which is great for glass rig cleaning too, I buy the gallon jugs.

Two things to consider, running the PID COIL, at real high temps, and or for long periods will shorten the life of the coil. But more importantly, be SUPER CAREFUL if you TILT your water rig while hot, if any water comes backup the rig, and floods the sapphire dish, INSTANT $150 CRACK, don’t ask how I know......
Sapphire is great, #9 on MOH hardness scale, one below a diamond, biggest weakness, THERMAL SHOCK.

John Lewus

Two things to consider, running the PID COIL, at real high temps, and or for long periods will shorten the life of the coil. But more importantly, be SUPER CAREFUL if you TILT your water rig while hot, if any water comes backup the rig, and floods the sapphire dish, INSTANT $150 CRACK, don’t ask how I know......
Sapphire is great, #9 on MOH hardness scale, one below a diamond, biggest weakness, THERMAL SHOCK.
I knew about the cracking dish from reading this thread. I have been careful about that. I use a 2 inch custom straight male to female adapter on my rig and then put the banger on top. The only way water could get in there is if I knocked the entire thing over at which point I have bigger issues. Using that adapter has the added bonus that any oil buildup in the metal pieces will slowly flow into that adapter so I can reclaim.

I keep the high temps to under 15 minutes. It is something I do once a month just to help reclaim some of the buildup in the banger. A few hard draws of air through my piece helps to pull some of the thicker higher temp oil out of the banger into the glass adapter for possible reclaim. Otherwise I use PBW on the sapphire and that gets it perfect. I am not sure how long I will go between deep cleaning of the metal pieces where I take every thing apart. Maybe I can go a year with this high heat / reclaim method.

John Lewus,

Texus

I knew about the cracking dish from reading this thread. I have been careful about that. I use a 2 inch custom straight male to female adapter on my rig and then put the banger on top. The only way water could get in there is if I knocked the entire thing over at which point I have bigger issues. Using that adapter has the added bonus that any oil buildup in the metal pieces will slowly flow into that adapter so I can reclaim.

I keep the high temps to under 15 minutes. It is something I do once a month just to help reclaim some of the buildup in the banger. A few hard draws of air through my piece helps to pull some of the thicker higher temp oil out of the banger into the glass adapter for possible reclaim. Otherwise I use PBW on the sapphire and that gets it perfect. I am not sure how long I will go between deep cleaning of the metal pieces where I take every thing apart. Maybe I can go a year with this high heat / reclaim method.
Huge fan of pass through adapters with CH and other enail devices. Can then use 10 mm plug as a carb to clear the chamber.

AllMoneyIn77

I set up the boost today i have it at 490 then boosting to 560. Anyone find a better range on the auber boost system or am i in the right place

AllMoneyIn77,

Mulehead

Sapphire but they seem to be pretty close
I’m running 470 for rosin and up from there, so we’re pretty close on temps. I’ll post here again after I’m more familiar. Also have a 3-piece goo roo glass piece being made for the flowerpot so I’ll lyk how it behaves with the t-bucket.
Any ideas on better alternatives for carb caps? The CH one is just ok.

Mulehead,

AllMoneyIn77

I’m running 470 for rosin and up from there, so we’re pretty close on temps. I’ll post here again after I’m more familiar. Also have a 3-piece goo roo glass piece being made for the flowerpot so I’ll lyk how it behaves with the t-bucket.
Any ideas on better alternatives for carb caps? The CH one is just ok.
I bought a coojo bubble cap but had to grind it down because it dipped down too much. Other than that works pretty good. Im getting a custom one made off of bear quartz bubble cap design just bigger

AllMoneyIn77,
Reactions: Mulehead

spk42012

Does ANYONE have a 1-hole carb cap to spare and sell? I have a friend who purchased a T bucket for medical use, but the 2 hole carb cap is in comparison completely useless for her- she gets 1 flavorless hit out of a dab instead of 5-10 nice pulls which relieve the symptoms of her chronic illness. This is literally night and day for her- making or breaking the medicinal application of this device.

If anyone would be so kind as to consider selling a one-hole carb cap, I am more than willing to pay far above sticker price for this. This would be a life changing thing for my friend.

Please and thank you- your consideration is deeply appreciated.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Does ANYONE have a 1-hole carb cap to spare and sell? I have a friend who purchased a T bucket for medical use, but the 2 hole carb cap is in comparison completely useless for her- she gets 1 flavorless hit out of a dab instead of 5-10 nice pulls which relieve the symptoms of her chronic illness. This is literally night and day for her- making or breaking the medicinal application of this device.

If anyone would be so kind as to consider selling a one-hole carb cap, I am more than willing to pay far above sticker price for this. This would be a life changing thing for my friend.

Please and thank you- your consideration is deeply appreciated.
Don't have one to sell, but others have just jammed something in the second hole (toothpick etc.) to plug it.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Don't have one to sell, but others have just jammed something in the second hole (toothpick etc.) to plug
Does ANYONE have a 1-hole carb cap
I second this. I do it all the time with my 2 hole DCup carb. I have the the same experience you are describing with the two hole. This would be a quick easy fix for your friend. Best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

The Stray Fox,
Top Bottom