• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

spk42012

Hi All,

I recently acquired a t bucket system from a friend, and I would like some advice / insight from you more experienced folks on my situation.

Backstory: I have been using an OLD titanium Dnail titanium nail system with the old analog Dnail controller & heater (this is back from 2013 or 2014) for the past several years. Still kicking, believe it or not, though that's not why I am here... I had wanted to upgrade my situation for enhanced flavor and temperature control. My other good friend recently acquired a puffco peak, and had added a SiC bucket upgrade for his heating chamber. The flavors I was getting out of this thing were absolutely mind blowing and out of control.

So, I must say that after setting up the T Bucket system I acquired via my friend (with SiC dish and single hole carb cap) that I have been a bit disappointed by the performance. I have been experimenting with temperatures for days, and it seems like I am either getting a very thin low temp dab that is relatively flavorful (that doesn't get me too high for too long) or I'm getting a thick cloud with absolutely no flavor at all. The other thing is that, even with the low temperatures, the flavors aren't that impressive- more like tasting the essence of how it smells, as opposed to the sort of opened up bouquet of rich aromas and flavors that I get when heating the dab up in the puffco peak or in other scenarios. Hell, to be honest, with a few of these strains, I was getting better flavors from time to time on my titanium Dnail, though it wasn't as reliable in that sense.

I have tried experimenting with different temperatures, rampups, etc. and sometimes I do get tastier hits, but a) never anything that comes close to the flavor I've achieved with the same exact concentrates in the puffco peak, b) rarely anything that is both flavorful AND a powerful dab that produces robust and lasting effects compared to a puffo or Dnail hit, c) I'm consistently unable to elicit a good flavor profile on specific products/strains that I can clearly taste better on my titanium Dnail on an a/b test

Now, please note that I do take relatively smaller dabs....not .2 globs. I don't see why this shouldn't work with the t-bucket, and I have read many reviews that praise T bucket for proper dabs both small and large. However, it has crossed my mind that the air path for the t bucket is rather wide/large, compared to the titanium nail I had been using....though this should not explain all of the disparity I am experiencing.

I also know that the titanium nail gets extra hot toward the top tip of the hole, where I'd usually burn off any extra dab stuff remaining on my dabber...

Is there something wrong with my setup? Technique? Would I be happier with an item like Dnail's SiC Halo/Nimbus setup? Any thoughts on how this compares with the t bucket?

Either way, I am very grateful for anyone who is kind enough to take the time to read this and provide perspective.

spk42012,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well the first question I’d ask you is what kind of water pipe are you using? The Peak uses a very small glass piece and in my experience as rigs get bigger they rob a significant amount of flavor. The worst being recyclers in my opinion. Something small with relatively little water is ideal for flavor.

That said, uptemp hits are flavorful. I’m fairly known for advocating enails on here and even I have been enjoying torched cold starts lately over my plugin setup.

A SiC nimbus would be closer to a Peak since it’s low mass and works quite well for uptemp ramping. That said, if enjoyed the Peak, maybe you should consider one of those?

One thing you might try is removing the silicon carbide insert and try dabbing directly from the titanium so you could compare that with your Ti Dnail setup and see if you truly prefer the Dnail.

Also most of us on here are on sapphire these days, nothing wrong with SiC if that’s what you fancy but you will probably get a lot of sapphire recommendations.

invertedisdead,

spk42012

They're both being used on the same water pipe (T bucket and old Dnail titanium enail) so that's not the culprit

I didn't want to get the peak because a) I don't want to deal with batteries or b) replacing coils, etc.

the only reason I really mentioned the peak is because that was my original experience with the SiC which partially motivated me to acquire the T bucket

either way it's just bugging me that I can't taste my wizard pie or gg4 on my t bucket as well as I can on my almost-decade-old titanium Dnail. I have gotten some really nice flavors out of purple punch out of t bucket on the other hand that I haven't been able to get on my Dnail....though again this is mostly just how it smells....unless I let it kinda cook for a minute with the carb cap on with the dish at a lower temp before drawing

spk42012,

livingthedream

Echoing Invertedisdeads comment about the larger path robbing Terps and Sapphire recommendations, it makes a big difference over SiC for flavour!
The T-Bucket does lean on a slightly larger dab for full efficiency compared to my previous setups.
Cleanliness is a big flavour factor, have you cleaned the crust from the insides of the T-Bucket stem?

I would feel the same way without terp pearls spinning away in the dish, not that into taking 5 wispy tokes to get one dab at lower temperatures (510f / 420f dish temp).

Having tried the majority of setups in the dabbing world I'm a firm T-Bucket advocate, nothing comes close at lower temps for vapour production/taste

spk42012

Yeah I get that sapphire is going to be more tasty, but I know that SiC should be more tasty than my titanium nail by experience with my friend's peak... Yes T bucket is clean as a whistle!

I don't see a "reason" that the bucket shouldn't be ultimate, logically....

Would terp pearls really make THAT Much of a difference for my lower temp hits? Make them cloudier and tastier? Or are small dabs just really not great for the t bucket?

At this point I'm at the juncture where I may want a Dnail Halo/Nimbus.....or doubling down and buying terp pearls for t bucket hoping it will improve the experience (I was already planning on upgrading to sapphire down the road but throwing more money into something that isn't satisfying me at the moment isn't feeling like the safest bet)

By the way, thanks for all the thoughtful replies.

spk42012,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah I get that sapphire is going to be more tasty, but I know that SiC should be more tasty than my titanium nail by experience with my friend's peak...

You said your using the same rig for your T bucket as your Dnail, but how much does this rig compare to the tiny Peak glass? Dabs from my 5” rig taste worlds better than dabs from my 15” rig, even if I’m using the same sapphire enail setup.
What I’m getting at is are you sure it was the SiC bucket that you enjoyed most about the Peak? Have you hit a stock Peak without the SiC? I’ve owned almost every SiC vape and I personally tend to prefer quartz. SiC is very easy to take care of though, and it heats evenly.

All that said, it does seem a little strange that you prefer your older Ti setup, but I know people that produce terpy extracts for a living who still dab off old Titanium enails so it wouldn’t really surprise me either. Either way, I hope you find an enjoyable solution!

invertedisdead,

spk42012

yeah I've hit the peak with ceramic and some other options as well- enjoyable all around

in any case, the flavor from my titanium nail is better than then T bucket w/ SiC for certain products I am using....not sure how or why

I'm beginning to think it is a combo of dab size and the spectrum of temperature that is available on the titanium nail (maybe it is because I can burn most of the dab off at low temp and finish the rest off at high temp on the tip of the nail where the hole is), possibly with the amount of air flow being a factor as well?

spk42012,

spk42012

....do you guys think that terp peals will make THAT much of a difference? how about a carb cap with 2 holes instead of 1?

in theory I don't see these things making or breaking a setup like this, but worth asking.

spk42012,

livingthedream

For me the pearls are a must, came from microdabbing Ti then Sic and eventually onto Sapphire, the lower the temp the more the need for the balls increases. Admittedly I now have larger dabs but if I forget to pop the ball back in after cleaning it's like the controller has switched off!

Having recently broken a sapphire dish (user error) going back to SiC was lacking flavour, upped the temps by 20/30° to get anywhere near the Sapphire vapour production but was never happy until they were restocked!

Dingleb3rry

I haven’t used a puffco peak but fairly sure it’s nothing too powerful, and the glass peak supposedly isn’t great either. A decent rig and a tbucket is going be far better if you know what you’re doing.

Aside from verifying how clean your bucket and dish are (make them clean, obviously), and let the dish heat soak for 5-10 mins, etc all I can say is that I personally did not get “holy shit” level flavor or clouds on my vrod sic dish. Ever. It worked fine and great but then I tried a $20 quartz banger and a pocket torch and it was soooooo much better. You also have to factor in some technique and the material quality and stuff as well here.

Lots of people here love the sic dish. If you’re using one and you don’t love it, I can’t recommend the sapphire dish enough. Not only is it tastier, my temps are way lower and somehow producing far more vapor. Crazy

Also, I’ve dropped both my sic dish and my sapphire dish on my ceramic (hard) floor. Don’t ask, but the sic didn’t survive. I say sapphire is an easy choice, even with the extra expense.

If you don’t love it myself or another member here will happily buy that dish off you. But I can’t imagine it not working well for you.

My final note is that my rdk300 is set to 530. That is the set coil temp on my controller for my coil. If you’re using another controller or coil that’s not a flat 100 watt coil, setting 530 on your box isn’t going to replicate my results. I’ve been want to get my hands on a terpometer because I am curious what my dish temp is. But I can very reasonably assume from what I’ve seen from others tests here that my dish temp is around 440f.

On that note, I’m back on the 8mm sapphire pearls in the dish!! Waffling between spinning 1 or 2, leaning towards 2. It’s a messy hassle but it’s worth it for the time being. Maybe I’m getting better at spinning them (or maybe it’s some concentrates?) but it’s not slinging oil everywhere for now. Rather than take a bunch of tiny tiny dabs, I’m doing a (still very small) bit more and spinning the pearls. It’s way more satisfying and seems to let me stretch my sessions a bit. My first few sapphire balls I didn’t keep clean so I’m hoping to keep these in better shape. Keep y’all posted.

Dingleb3rry,

spk42012

yeah the peak isn't too powerful, I'd assume that the T bucket would just completely beast anything the peak could do in theory, and yeah the idea of getting better flavor off of a $20-$50 quartz banger as opposed to the $260 t bucket + SiC dish setup is frustrating... I was originally going to go with a quartz banger but decided to just go SiC because I just wanted a permanent setup, something that would last forever, where concerns about expansion into the coil etc would not exist

yeah my other only experience with SiC is the peak....but in addition to the flavor, I was also able to get massive clouds WITH crazy flavor....which was not happened yet with T bucket....when I can get flavor, I'm not getting massive clouds or those really deeply inebriating effects (unless i ramp up during the dab and finish up at a flavorless higher temp)

now I'm wrestling with either purchasing the sapphire dish + terp balls or checking out this Dnail Halo or Nimbus setup....just worried that my dabs are too small for the t bucket to be optimally used

I am using an RDK300 as well, so thanks for your settings...may be useful for comparisons if I decide to go that route

again, very grateful for the thoughts and input. are we thinking that having a carb cap with 2 holes is going to make a big difference compared to the 1 hole carb cap I am using?

spk42012,

Dingleb3rry

Never seen an active thread before. @livingthedream what did you do to your sapphire dish? I recently flinged mine across my room while cleaning. It miraculously survived. I will be buying a backup sapphire on the next sale. 2 is 1.

To my friend @spk42012 my thoughts exactly. When I tried the banger which was cheap quartz and a crap torch and it was burying the vrod after 2 hits I knew I had to have the bucket. The vrod is the most insane weed vape that can serve you dabs all day. It’s amazing. But if you want dabbing flavor you use dab only shit, sorry. Zero regrets, both great purchases.

Using the rdk300 and a flat 100w coil is going to make things way easier for you. New Vape tested this exact equipment on video. Watch that and go from there. I think 530 is perfect. Adjust to taste.

Carb cap I have been curious about 2 hole design but it’s frankly not necessary. The bucket and cap make such a good seal that I find air comes whizzing through the single intake. That provides everything I need. I can easily observe the oil jumping around without pearls as well. My point is, you can flow air through the bucket very quickly with the one hole design.

I take small dabs. The bucket don’t give a fuck. Could I take a .3 glob? Sure. If I had to guess my normal dab is between 0.5 and .75 fucking baby dabs. I still get 2-4 nice pulls so why add more rosin? I didn’t like the halo design like the vrod has. The dish is far better. Seems minor but it’s actually pretty messy if you don’t get everything down in the tiny trench.

Get (sapphire) dish shit already.

Dingleb3rry,

livingthedream

Urgh... I had some friends round, testing larger dabs to see what the T-Bucket could do!
As the original dish had a tight angle on the inner wall it built up a crusty thin layer that needed to be removed for full flavour.
I foolishly didn't let it FULLY cool before adding water/iso, as soon as I poured the water in I knew it was over, it instantly bubbled up over the dish down the sides and 'crick' the dish broke, only 1 large crack but I could feel it with my nail. It soldiered on for about a week as I didn't want to risk taking it out to clean it properly.. as soon as I did it was over, just fell apart as I removed it.. BIG Lesson learnt! The SiC is functional but it tasted like I was 'burning' the oil as I had to increase temps for a proper dab.

As far as I'm aware if they survive a fall it's only really heat shocking that can kill these dishes, so a backup isn't strictly necessary.. but did take 3 months for NV to restock, I jumped for the joy the day I checked their site.. then spotted the T-Bucket.. expensive but so worth it!

spk42012

alright awesome, so we are thinking that I am going to be more satisfied adding the sapphire dish & terp pearls rather than switching to a Dnail Halo/Nimbus setup, with more of a spectrum of heat across the surface of the nail (combining higher and lower temp dab in one hit)?

if this is the case, are these legit spots to order sapphire pearls?

spk42012,

Dingleb3rry

3mm is way too small. It’s a 30mm dish. 5 is small, 6 is great, I’m liking 8mm but it’s borderline too much. I went sapphire bc flavor and heat... that’s why we love it, might as well use it eh?

As far as the website, can’t say about that company. I used Greek Glass who’s a well known vendor. Quick and easy. Let us know how it goes.

Dingleb3rry,

spk42012

looks like that site only has 5mm or 8mm in stock, so looking for a reputable vendor with 6mm

guessing I would be good to go with a pack of 3, haha

spk42012,

livingthedream

Having gone backwards the difference was night and day for me with Sapphire buddered concentrates taste amazing Vs too harsh on SiC, as many of my Rosins Budder (impatient on the cure) it's a no brainer for me.

Terp Pearl Supplier: https://www.edmundoptics.eu/ it's a €100 minimum order if I remember correctly, need to check on 8mm availablity!

As mentioned earlier in this thread Ruby seems to demish Terps, I've since sold mine after blind testing with friends. I'm Sapphire all the way now (Bar the mobile Energised SiC Crucible)

livingthedream,

spk42012

got sapphire dish and terp pearls.....major difference! (^^thanks for the link, livingthedream, but I had already ordered- will check them out next time)

so yeah, wow....first tried it at 530, and everything vaporized extraordinarily efficiently....much more so than when I was running the SiC dish at 580, which was still leaving stuff pooled in there

530 was still too high for optimal flavor for the live resin I have, though....so been playing with temps for that and different badders

thanks all! tbh, I don't think newvape should even sell the SiC dish for this thing...it's trash.

ManFlies352

got sapphire dish and terp pearls.....major difference! (^^thanks for the link, livingthedream, but I had already ordered- will check them out next time)

so yeah, wow....first tried it at 530, and everything vaporized extraordinarily efficiently....much more so than when I was running the SiC dish at 580, which was still leaving stuff pooled in there

530 was still too high for optimal flavor for the live resin I have, though....so been playing with temps for that and different badders

thanks all! tbh, I don't think newvape should even sell the SiC dish for this thing...it's trash.

im extremely happy I got over my fear of breaking the sapphire dish and just went for it as well. I don’t have anything to compare it to, but I don’t need to. The thing is smooth as hell and the taste is better than any hit of flower ive ever had. I’ve had a couple friends try out the T Bucket who have never dabbed or had light dabbing experience and every single time, they commented on the taste. Don’t really see how you can beat it.

Kins

I own the Vrod bundle. Would like to get this bundle too. Hardly ever have enough money to purchase such an expensive item though. Wish NewVape prices would go down. Thinking of just getting the sapphire dish now. Well I went ahead and ordered the Sapphire dish. How do you clean it anyway?. I saw the warning while purchasing. Just soak in warm dishwashing detergent and water for the cleaning?. I'm guessing you have to let it go to room temp first. So how do you clean up after each dab?. Or would you just clean it the next day after a night of dabbing?

Last edited:
Kins,

Papagiorgio

Just want to make a quick post saying thanks to everyone in this thread! This forum was an amazing source of information when I purchased my newvape showerhead back in 2018 - one of the best purchases I've ever made! Still going strong, and thanks to its versatility I was able to dip my toe into dabbing. Thanks to my experience with the amazing quality of newvape hardware and everyone's expertise in this thread, it wasn't difficult to pull the trigger on the t-bucket with sapphire dish this afternoon. I can't wait!

I've started really enjoying delta 8 as an amazing alternative to delta 9, and because I live in a non-legal state it's also a convenient and legal alternative. I've found I really enjoyed dabbing it, so the t-bucket seems like a no-brainer if I am going to start exclusively dabbing like I think I am. The showerhead is great, but I'm very excited to experience a dedicated dabbing tool.

Thanks again to everyone for posting your experiences and tips!

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Is this unit really next level diving experience? Looking to get a dedicated electric desktop dabbing device.

LAWTHEONE,
Top Bottom