T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

livingthedream

Edmunson Optics supply certificated Sapphire/Ruby pearls in the UK.. I'm hoping they sell 8mm ones for my next order!

With regards to the seam issue my first Sapphire dish had a very sharp crease and had to be cleaned via the water / iso trick but later resorted to a pin/toothpick to remove it, the replacement however does not have this issue.

Looking at the boost dabs my Auber doesn't change temp quickly enough to achieve this atm, I'm holding back from changing any values until I dedicate some time to the research!

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
@Dingleb3rry A cheap ($20+) ultrasonic cleaner will take away the need to soak anything overnight.

I went from hours soaking or even overnight, plus scrubbing, down to 15 minutes max with no scrubbing to clean pretty much anything spotless.

Many of us on here use them...YMMV.

Dingleb3rry

Nice. I bought a few extra sapphire pearls in both 5mm and 8mm. If you have a hard time finding them, let me know and I’m sure we could arrange something. But that is exactly what I mean with the dish, I’ve been trying to “pick” at it with a pinhead. It’s not really working.

So a simple ultrasonic cleaner is the way, thanks. I mean... I use one for jewelry, I use jewelry cleaner, artificial sapphire is somewhat of a gem...are you guys using regular jewelry cleaner or soap/water, iso, what? Thanks

Dingleb3rry,
Reactions: Shrike

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
My routine involves putting warm/hot water in the ultrasonic cleaner, then add a baggie with iso and the parts that need cleaning in it.

The warm/hot water will warm up the iso a bit and make it more effective. My cleaner runs about 5 minutes per cycle. Depending on how gunked

my pieces are, I run it anywhere from 1 to 3 cycles. Rinse pieces off with r.o. water afterwards and air dry.

EZ PZ shiny cleany :tup:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
^^^ Definitely great options, also. I use them both from time to time and like them, also.

Ultrasonic cleaners are the best. Mine is a bit large and a bit of a hassle to load and run, so I don’t use it much for cleaning small items, though the results in a UC are the best. I did buy a small temperature controlled coffee cup warmer, as I put a small glass mason jar on it with DC Clear, the heat makes this stuff work 100% better. My quick and lazy way just for the Sapphire dish, is a Simple Green Crystal soak, this lifts up the baked on oil film, since that’s all that’s left if you QTip after every dab. Use a DRY QTip on the hot dish, NEVER anything wet or cold or the thermal shock could CRACK your $150 dish. SGC is also great on my glass rigs, as well as PBW.

Dingleb3rry

Thanks guys. Put the dish in an ultrasonic cleaner this morning for an hour in some 99 iso...residue was def loosened, but the seams are still soiled and surprisingly there are some light stains apparent. I’m sure some simple green or pwb as suggested with some time and heat will take care of it. Side note, becoming VERY particular about the cleanliness of my dish and glass...

I am going to stop using iso-dipped qtips at 300f post-dab... it’s obviously not effective cleaning where the residue forms and as you mention, it needlessly risks cracking an expensive dish.

Especially with a simple hack like @RustyOldNail is suggesting, a coffee cup or jar and a little warming pad + some cleaning solution... couldn’t get any easier.

Dingleb3rry,
Reactions: Shrike

RustyOldNail

Thanks guys. Put the dish in an ultrasonic cleaner this morning for an hour in some 99 iso...residue was def loosened, but the seams are still soiled and surprisingly there are some light stains apparent. I’m sure some simple green or pwb as suggested with some time and heat will take care of it. Side note, becoming VERY particular about the cleanliness of my dish and glass...

I am going to stop using iso-dipped qtips at 300f post-dab... it’s obviously not effective cleaning where the residue forms and as you mention, it needlessly risks cracking an expensive dish.

Especially with a simple hack like @RustyOldNail is suggesting, a coffee cup or jar and a little warming pad + some cleaning solution... couldn’t get any easier.

Soaking a COLD Sapphire dish in SGC is the simplest way to get it looking new.

Dingleb3rry

I have some simple green crystal coming tomorrow!! Perfect. I gave the dish another ultrasonic iso bath today. Afterwards I WAS able to scrubbbb all the stubborn stuff off with a pinhead, but seriously, getting into that flat bottom seam where the oil clearly likes to go was NOT easy, and pretty baked on for a few days to be fair. I am looking forward to soaking rather than scrubbing from now! Because the seams will need to be cleaned daily.

It does make me wonder about getting an insert that would be more bowl-shaped to prevent this sort of build up.

Dingleb3rry,

RustyOldNail

I have some simple green crystal coming tomorrow!! Perfect. I gave the dish another ultrasonic iso bath today. Afterwards I WAS able to scrubbbb all the stubborn stuff off with a pinhead, but seriously, getting into that flat bottom seam where the oil clearly likes to go was NOT easy, and pretty baked on for a few days to be fair. I am looking forward to soaking rather than scrubbing from now! Because the seams will need to be cleaned daily.

It does make me wonder about getting an insert that would be more bowl-shaped to prevent this sort of build up.

The bottom needs to be flat to transfer heat from the flat bottom of the dish holder. If you immediately take TWO DRY QTIPS and swab the dish should be pretty clean, as you go around you’ll get 99% of the leftovers, and be ready for the next dab. I really only SGC soak, when the juice goes up and over the dish, into the bucket bottom, since I have to do a full clean. Good luck!

Dingleb3rry

That “simple green crystal” is actually friggin MAGICAL. My jaw actually dropped as it cleaned my dish. The oil released from deep in the seams in a single long piece. Epic.

Sapphire maintenance couldn’t be easier. And Virtually zero heat transfer on my glass joints, even after hours of use — it’s amazing.

I’m still waiting on some jumbo 8mm and 5mm sapphire pearls. I slowed my draw but still getting a little oil splashing out of the dish as it is occasionally, I’m not totally sure I want to move the oil around extra. I’ll let you guys know how it goes once I get em. Have a great weekend, tbucket is heating up, see ya...

RustyOldNail

You may, as many have discovered, Pearls/BALLS can be a big pain. Experiment, and have fun.... just beware the additional splash up you may see, and cleaning the balls, etc. etc.

RustyOldNail

7461FC38-ECAE-43FC-A01F-8C2FD95DACC3.jpeg

MERRY CHRISTMAS- Cleaning...

This is a 30mm NV Sapphire dish from my NV DCup, posted in this thread as there are more viewing, and it pertains to a TCup, assuming you use the Sapphire insert, probably works just as well on SIC and quartz. High temperature baked on resin will float off the near diamond like hardness sapphire gem.

Tiny amount of SIMPLE GREEN CRYSTAL
No scrubbing, just soaking. Time of soak depending on condition, length of time between cleaning. If it’s not spotless after rinsing, then a scrub with plastic dish scrubber pad, or let soak in fresh SGC solution, or clean more often. Figure a few hours, or overnight, that’s as long as I would soak.

Since I use two DRY QTips after each dab, my sapphire dish interior stays super clean between dabs, but vapor and splash back will eventually get up and over the dish and into titanium holder. When my dish no longer moves a tiny bit back and forth when cold, it means time to at least soak the dish. If I over dabbed too much in one load, and the holder gets gunked up, that’s a slightly more involved cleaning, I try to avoid, by not overloading a dab. Since I only have a DCup, I’m not sure how the lack of a dish lid on the TCup effects, more or less gunk ending up at the bottom of the dish holder. If your insert is stuck, glued on, heat on low, 130f-150f, and flip unit over on to something soft and heat resistant like a silicone pad.

There are many ways to clean things, just be careful with what the commercial cleaners list in their product literature. I use, for various specific purposes:
SGC
DARK CRYSTAL CLEAR (works best if heated, I use a coffee cup heater)
PBW
ISO - 99%
KOSHER SALT

Next time someone shows interest, point them to this post, if you have time.

Cup warmer:

Dingleb3rry

SAPPHIRE ABUSE! SAPPHIRE ABUSE!! MODDDDDDDS!!! :)

In all seriousness, SGC is so effective I’ve taken to making everything immaculate each morning. Soak the dish for 3 mins and rinse out the recycler. Otherwise as you say, just dab on it and wipe it clean.

Blargas541

hey guys, looking to get the best dab setup for flavor and convenience

hows this system compare to the d-cup, or a regular quartz banger with enail? is this the best option?

for low temp rosin

Blargas541,

Rab42

anyone know where I can find a quartz insert thatll fit the bucket/dcup? Ive found some on dhgate that have the same OD as my sapphire dish, was just wondering if there were any other options. I love the sapphire but I would like something I can be more careless with lol. I feel like I need to hire those white glove guys that carry around the stanley cup to handle my sapphire dish because of the price

Rab42,

livingthedream

Nothing I've seen on there apart from a universal 50mm flat disc carb cap.

I've recently been trailing 99% CBD Isolate dipped Rosin/Qwet Shatter dabs, seems to give a solid boost in strength with minimal flavour loss, high has more body and longevity

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

anyone know where I can find a quartz insert thatll fit the bucket/dcup? Ive found some on dhgate that have the same OD as my sapphire dish, was just wondering if there were any other options. I love the sapphire but I would like something I can be more careless with lol. I feel like I need to hire those white glove guys that carry around the stanley cup to handle my sapphire dish because of the price

I’ve never found any 30mm dishes of Quartz, the HEIGHT of the dish is important as well for containment. I have the NV SIC dish, as my Sapphire backup.

RustyOldNail,

Dingleb3rry

Quartz dish does sound amazing for a backup. I’m betting a bunch of us would be interested in one, unnecessary as it is, owning a sapphire dish.

The sapphire is SO easy to keep clean, and awesome to use... but I do get what you mean, any time I have the dish out of the bucket I’m being extra careful.

My current “strategy” is to not handle the dish while medicated. 2 Dry qtips per dab can keep a very clean dish all day no sweat. I try not to take big globs or sling the oil everywhere, but both happen from time to time; Fuck it...

The next morning: a 5 min degreaser soak and it’s perfect again. I swear I’m more impressed each day. And will prob grab another sapphire on the next big sale.

My newest niggle is figuring out my “dirty” dab tool. Obviously many factors play here, especially the consistency of the product, but the dab tool will have warm oil, that when capping the bucket, slides downwards up the dab tool. Currently I’m wiping this excess on a mesh wire pad from the mighty. I need to figure out a better system, although I’m sure I could just drop the pad Into the bucket and turn up the temp ...

ManFlies352

Can anyone point a complete noob here to resources on using the tbucket? I have never used concentrates before but I just got the WeedEater and I love it so I’m weighing trying concentrates but it’s a little intimidating at first. I figured the T-Bucket would be the perfect first foray into things since I already have the e-coil and carb cap for my WE

ManFlies352,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Can anyone point a complete noob here to resources on using the tbucket? I have never used concentrates before but I just got the WeedEater and I love it so I’m weighing trying concentrates but it’s a little intimidating at first. I figured the T-Bucket would be the perfect first foray into things since I already have the e-coil and carb cap for my WE

Have you read this thread yet?

Top Bottom