T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
T-bucket arrived last weekend and it's pretty amazing. The sapphire dish really does bring the flavor out and it is a substantial upgrade over Vrod dabbing.

My t-bucket doesn't seem to be effective under 600F though. It could be the shatter I'm using but it didn't even melt at 450-515F. I'll try pressing some rosin and seeing if I have better results with lower temps.

Without a proper temperature probe, it’s hard to say what your actual sapphire dish temp is. With a stock Auber 300 PID, in my experiments, a 600f setting on the PID, resulted in approximately a 50f loss at the dab surface. But even with that, any concentrates you put in at even a PID setting of 350-400f should easily boil up. Check how flat and tight your coil is that heats the cup.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thanks for the reminder. I'll look into a thermometer.

What variation do you typically see between dish and controller temp?

I dont think there is a typical tbh, but mine is just about lining up at around the 400 mark and up to maybe around 550 (i posted it somewhere in this thread already), and then the controller/dish temps start to diverge massively if I go higher.

RustyOldNail

With my Auber, as shipped to me by NV, set to 570F, I get a temp reading of < 446F on the NV sapphire dish using a Thermoworks flat surface probe.

That’s a good probe. Did you press down a bit, and hold 20-30 seconds? 124f, that’s a huge difference from what I measured, twice the difference. The offset grows as dial set temp increases as well. I found a good PSL offset for the adjustable Auber300, to be PSL=1.16, this works really well in the 400-600f range, and allows my set temp to match dish temperature within a few degrees, with proper probe technique.

AUBER 300 PID (setting temp offset)
I unplug heater cord
Turn Unit ON
Press and hold dial about 5-6 seconds.
Enter code #155 using dial.
Next screen, PSL= 1.0 (DEFAULT) *Use dial to change, I settled for 1.16 after charting and testing.
Press button after changing or resetting PSL,
Next screen: HL = 900 (DEFAULT) I leave this alone, press button to confirm, and you are back to normal operation screen. Takes a few seconds, I reset back to PSL=1.0 default when I switch to my WeedEater coil, as there is no reason to care about any hot air offset. Instructions above are all in the manual as well as what all the other PID setting are. The only other settings I changed was increasing the auto shutoff timer.

NOTE: All my tests are with a New Vape “DCup”, but the temps should be close, 20mm coil, sapphire dish, the TCup titanium dish base might be thinner or thicker, which could affect heat transfer a bit.

ALSO: A good idea to preheat any cold metal type temperature probes, before touching a Sapphire dish, due to its inability to handle thermal shock. I hold my probes on the side of the bottom of the outside of the titanium cup till it reads close to 300f, only takes a few seconds.

I have become more bold with no longer cooling the DCup after a dab, before QTip cleaning. I’ve mopped up with 2 QTips immediately after a high temp 600f dab. No gem cracking.

Emmdeemo owns both models, he might shed some light....

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Emmdeemo owns both models, he might shed some light....

I dont think I have anything to add save for this picture of some kumquats.

maxresdefault.jpg

RustyOldNail

5071-EC04-F764-40-C2-A8-BC-55-BAF5-FB48-FB.jpg

This is the probe I use all the time now, it is limited to 572f, which is not an issue for me, as I’m mostly using it for confirmation as my offset is dialed in. Temps over 572f, I’ve measured with a higher temp probe, and at those higher temps, it ain’t goin to matter much, cough, cough....

If you already own a DMM, then you can get the same “bell probe”, the all in one unit has, in a wired hand probe on the same site.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Surface-Thermapen

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
So is there some advantage to owning the Dcup over the T Bucket or the T Bucket over the Dcup?

Silat,
Reactions: EmDeemo

RustyOldNail

So is there some advantage to owning the Dcup over the T Bucket or the T Bucket over the Dcup?

Yeah, you save $50.00 !!!
I don’t own a TCup, but Kumquat does....

I like the removable cover, your expensive dish won’t fall out if you tilt the cup holder while moving it. And while the lid is touted as a NV “feature”, in being able to scrap off your dabber, I don’t use it for that as I don’t want any concentrate to follow the metal and get in between the dish and the cup, and melt down into the base between cup and dish, that’s an unwelcome mess. So no extra credit there. But super Easy to clean.

Other then the mechanical layout physical differences, I don’t know. Kumquat “emmdeemo” has stated he feels the slight extra length of the vapor tube cools down better then on a DCup, and gives him smoother hits. Personally, I doubt in a blind test I would ever know the difference. But as I mentioned I’ve never used a TCup. Either are TOP SHELF dabs....

elmomuzz

That just happened...
T-bucket arrived last weekend and it's pretty amazing. The sapphire dish really does bring the flavor out and it is a substantial upgrade over Vrod dabbing.

My t-bucket doesn't seem to be effective under 600F though. It could be the shatter I'm using but it didn't even melt at 450-515F. I'll try pressing some rosin and seeing if I have better results with lower temps.

I dab at 712. My lungs hate wispy hits. Perhaps yours do to.

elmomuzz,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I dab at 712. My lungs hate wispy hits. Perhaps yours do to.

Have you got the kit to see what actual dish temp you're at? Be interesting to know what that 712f translates to.

Yes. They are slight but they are definitely there. Heres my thoughts/opinions/scientific discoveries :)

DCup Advantages -

Smaller/less weight
Rim on the lid to stop the dish falling out
1 screw to remove and full cleaning is possible.

TBucket Advantages -

More open airpath/less draw restriction.
Can be placed at any angle for use with angled downstems.
Upgrade path to the Tsunami.
Smoother hits/lower temps for the same hit than the DCup.
Glass connector doesnt get as hot.

Those last two on the tbucket mean better efficiency, less heat loss via the glass its connected too, which I suspect is whats causing the hits to be a bit more plentiful and smoother than the Dcup.

TBucket just wins out over the DCup in terms of perfection/function, but both perform absolutely fucking great and are very worthy purchases. If you can afford it tho, def go TBucket/Sapphire.

Can anyone think of anything I've missed?

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

In my DCup surface temperature tests, using 3 different “surface probes”, I noted:

700f on Auber300 PID “stock settings”.
625-635f on Sapphire dish surface. OFFSET: -65/-75f

800f on Auber300 PID “stock settings”.
715f on Sapphire dish surface. OFFSET: -85f

Offsets are NOT linear, usually the lower the set temp, the smaller the offset.
Example: 300f set temp. 265f dish surface. OFFSET: -35f

Even with offsets considered, those are some high temps. I haven’t used my torch and Ti nail, since getting the DCup, and I now stay below 500f dish surface temp. Twice I made a dial error, and dabbed at 575f dish temp instead of 475f, the dab went in one toke, pretty hot, not for those looking for flavor, but you do get a kick in the head....

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Way bigger than i thought it would be! Looks great!

This is the one that usually advertises as carbon filtered (no, there is no carbon in it currently, and no there is no draw restriction in the downstem, before anyone fucking starts :) ), so its the pricey one.

I have the chinese version still on the way. I havent bothered checking tracking at all because I'm assuming its going to take forever. I think the chinese one is way smaller, way more squat.

EmDeemo,
Reactions: snamuh

RustyOldNail

New Tbucket rig. It is fancy. It takes very little water (barely an inch). It fills up in a lovely way.

I like it a lot.

Please dont look at the notepad in the video, it contains all my secrets.

NICE, Looking forward to the “hitting it” video!
You keep notes on rolls of TP, you know where all your good ideas end up? :)

RustyOldNail,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
NICE, Looking forward to the “hitting it” video!
You keep notes on rolls of TP, you know where all your good ideas end up? :)

All my ideas are shitty.

EDIT:

You know, I'll also add that I used the DCup from the moment it came out to the moment I received the TBucket.

My lungs are CONSIDERABLY healthier now than they were when I was using the DCup. However subjective this might be as well as down to other factors, its been a significant change and couldnt have come at a better time.

Something else I think is going on with the DCup is that the overhang on the lid traps vapour in some way, traps heat more, and with large dabs is quicker to get reclaim accruing on the overhang, and spilling over the dish edge.

I do wonder if the overhang was part of why the hits were harsher, theres just more chance of microdosing vapour off Ti, which isnt pleasant. Same with the very short vapour path within the DCup itself, as well as the wide flat design of the internal vapour path.

But this all depends on how fucked ya lungs are, and how much one wants to consume :) With smaller dabs/lower temps/thorough clean up/non sensitive lungs/any combination of all of those criteria and more, this is a non issue.

Last edited:

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I don’t experience any of that with my dcup. I’ve never cleaned the underside of my lid and after ounces of dabs it’s still pretty clean. I’ve never had a dab get under the bucket. It’s still like new under there. No trapped vapor either. I don’t even know what your talking about. I think the harsher hits is due to some other factor and not the change of rig from tbucket to dcup. They are very similar. Maybe you had a cold while you were using the dcup?

elmomuzz,

OyVape

Really like your little beat in 5. Dare i ask, is that an audio interface...right next to a dab rig?

OyVape,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Really like your little beat in 5. Dare i ask, is that an audio interface...right next to a dab rig?

Minimal enough for ya, or do you want some... less?

Behind the PID is a Volca Drum, the white device in the middle is a 3 track looper/delay/granular feedback pedal, and right next to the glass is a granular feedback time stretch delay multi-effects 2 head tape emulator type thing pedal.

So yeah, kinda, but the rig is only there for the video, has barely any water in it, its very stable and I dont do that normally. Normally the rig is over the other side of the room :) Plus, normally whenever I use it, I carry it out of its stand like its an ice cream cone and it goes straight back into its stand after the dab. It cant stand up on its own, and the stand stays off the desk usually :)

Its all just vapour and mirrors for the camera! :) I mean, look how reckless I am with this chainsaw...!

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Yeah, you save $50.00 !!!
I don’t own a TCup, but Kumquat does....

I like the removable cover, your expensive dish won’t fall out if you tilt the cup holder while moving it. And while the lid is touted as a NV “feature”, in being able to scrap off your dabber, I don’t use it for that as I don’t want any concentrate to follow the metal and get in between the dish and the cup, and melt down into the base between cup and dish, that’s an unwelcome mess. So no extra credit there. But super Easy to clean.

Other then the mechanical layout physical differences, I don’t know. Kumquat “emmdeemo” has stated he feels the slight extra length of the vapor tube cools down better then on a DCup, and gives him smoother hits. Personally, I doubt in a blind test I would ever know the difference. But as I mentioned I’ve never used a TCup. Either are TOP SHELF dabs....

I've had the dcup since it was released. But after reading your post I think I'll buy a "Bucket T".

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I've had the dcup since it was released. But after reading your post I think I'll buy a "Bucket T".

I honestly think its worth it.

The other slight con the dcup has, especially if you have a DCup 1, is that screw slap bang in the middle of the airpath, restricting airflow and collecting reclaim, and being another bit of hot Ti to draw vapour over. Again, its not a deal breaker, but the TBucket (and the DCup 2) not having that screw in the way is a noticeable difference.

And if one is thinking of upgrading to a DCup 2, you may as well skip it and go straight to the TBucket.

RustyOldNail

Not sure how my post would influence anyone to replace their DCup. I’m sure the TCup is equally as good, but in my opinion, nothing different enough to me to warrant an upgrade. There is however one feature that I could see some glass rig owners may value, you can twist the TCup to fit those odd angled glass fittings. All my glass rigs use regular angles, so not pertinent to me, but certainly an “update”, for those users.

Top Bottom