T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Not sure how my post would influence anyone to replace their DCup. I’m sure the TCup is equally as good, but in my opinion, nothing different enough to me to warrant an upgrade. There is however one feature that I could see some glass rig owners may value, you can twist the TCup to fit those odd angled glass fittings. All my glass rigs use regular angles, so not pertinent to me, but certainly an “update”, for those users.

Obviously, its pointless starting a "yes you would/no i wouldnt" thing, but at the risk of starting that, I think you'd likely notice the airflow increase, and therefore the dish temp differences :) (ducks for cover, but realises my shins are still an available target :) ).

The science is that the faster you draw air in a capped dish, the lower the pressure and boiling point of the dab, so therefore, lower temps needed = less drawing air off hot Ti = nicer hit but just as big a cloud.

The airflow of the TBucket is greatly increased, that in itself makes a big difference.

(I think, always happy to be wrong :) )

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Obviously, its pointless starting a "yes you would/no i wouldnt" thing, but at the risk of starting that, I think you'd likely notice the airflow increase, and therefore the dish temp differences :) (ducks for cover, but realises my shins are still an available target :) ).

The science is that the faster you draw air in a capped dish, the lower the pressure and boiling point of the dab, so therefore, lower temps needed = less drawing air off hot Ti = nicer hit but just as big a cloud.

The airflow of the TBucket is greatly increased, that in itself makes a big difference.

It’s hard for me to offer an educated opinion, since as I’ve constantly noted, I don’t have a TCup to compare the airflow to. Looking at pictures only, I can’t visually see how the airflow could be that much different, so I am forced to believe that you do notice a difference. Personally, I’m perfectly content with the airflow I get on my DCup, as well as I simply don’t like the pipe design of a TCup. Unless I had first hand comparison testing ability, based on what I can SEE, I’d still choose a DCup over a TCup, myself. I’ll leave it up to potential customers for either, to do the features comparison, and decide for themselves.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It’s hard for me to offer an educated opinion, since as I’ve constantly noted, I don’t have a TCup to compare the airflow to. Looking at pictures only, I can’t visually see how the airflow could be that much different, so I am forced to believe that you do notice a difference. Personally, I’m perfectly content with the airflow I get on my DCup, as well as I simply don’t like the pipe design of a TCup. Unless I had first hand comparison testing ability, based on what I can SEE, I’d still choose a DCup over a TCup, myself. I’ll leave it up to potential customers for either, to do the features comparison, and decide for themselves.

For sure, just offering an explanation of whats happening rather than trying to get an opinion. And certainly the world is full of opinions and feelings presented as facts and that does my fucking head in (bloody facebook I blame :) ).

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if other DCup users transfer over to the TBucket and notice any differences, or if I end up being a lone voice muttering to himself in a corner :)

(I'd bet on the former, rather than the latter tho :) )

RustyOldNail

For sure, just offering an explanation of whats happening rather than trying to get an opinion. And certainly the world is full of opinions and feelings presented as facts and that does my fucking head in (bloody facebook I blame :) ).

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if other DCup users transfer over to the TBucket and notice any differences, or if I end up being a lone voice muttering to himself in a corner :)

(I'd bet on the former, rather than the latter tho :) )

Well, so far it’s just you and me.

Has anyone besides emmdeemo, owned and used both DCup & TCup? Opinions welcome.
If not, then vape on.......

NOTE: (V2 DCup, moved the cover screw out of the vapor path, I have the V2)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Well, so far it’s just you and me.

Has anyone besides emmdeemo, owned and used both DCup & TCup? Opinions welcome.
If not, then vape on.......

NOTE: (V2 DCup, moved the cover screw out of the vapor path, I have the V2)

Ah, I should get v2 out again, and re check. A lot of my blathering is DCup 1 based comparisons as I used that the most and the v2 got less of a look in before the TBucket arrived :)

EmDeemo,

Baron23

My friend...and pardon me if you already did this...but in one vid you showed the T-bucket looked ENORMOUS.

Do you have any pics of T-bucket next to D-cup or other banger?

Thanks in advance.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
My friend...and pardon me if you already did this...but in one vid you showed the T-bucket looked ENORMOUS.

Do you have any pics of T-bucket next to D-cup or other banger?

Thanks in advance.

I think I posted this already, if not, I meant too. Let me check.

1dcuptbuck.jpg

Worth bearing in mind thats my shit phone camera, that essentially has a wide angle, almost fish eye like, lens. But still, the tbucket is a good whole dish longer than the dcup.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

I think I posted this already, if not, I meant too. Let me check.

1dcuptbuck.jpg

Worth bearing in mind thats my shit phone camera, that essentially has a wide angle, almost fish eye like, lens. But still, the tbucket is a good whole dish longer than the dcup.

Interesting, never saw that side x side. At first glance, the vapor path through TCup tube is perhaps 2x that of the DCup. BUT, one would have to consider the I.D. of the TCup tube, versus the WIDER but shorter vapor path inside the cover of the DCup! I doubt one would find a difference in the numbers.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Interesting, never saw that side x side. At first glance, the vapor path through TCup tube is perhaps 2x that of the DCup. BUT, one would have to consider the I.D. of the TCup tube, versus the WIDER but shorter vapor path inside the cover of the DCup! I doubt one would find a difference in the numbers.

One sec... :)

20200322-232040-01.jpg

Things arent equal with that dcup vapour path. At its narrowest point its def narrower than the TBuc tube, and its very much shallower than the tube.

Just posting for extra visual comparisons.

EDIT: Dirty dish, I was caught unawares :)

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

One sec... :)

20200322-232040-01.jpg

Things arent equal with that dcup vapour path. At its narrowest point its def narrower than the TBuc tube, and its very much shallower than the tube.

Just posting for extra visual comparisons.

EDIT: Dirty dish, I was caught unawares :)

Ok, so the airpath is approximately 50% less on the DCup, math prevails here.

But all we have left, is a “perceived” difference in vapor smoothness or cooling. Nothing here that can be backed by math, unless we had a much larger user group, charted their subjective observations. So it’s an opinion, and you know I value yours.

But, while I’m catching up with my newly and awaited devices for vaping, all my gear is now older then 10 years old. So I’m trying a variety of newer and popular devices, some on stupid long wait lists..
Anyways, my point is I’ve researched and read many articles and user opinions about the benefits of cooling tubes, bent pieces, nipple tubes, etc. And the lengths normally described are so much greater then the small difference between these two cups, I’ll say it’s the cooling factor would be unmeasurable by most.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Ok, so the airpath is approximately 50% less on the DCup, math prevails here.

But all we have left, is a “perceived” difference in vapor smoothness or cooling. Nothing here that can be backed by math, unless we had a much larger user group, charted their subjective observations. So it’s an opinion, and you know I value yours.

But, while I’m catching up with my newly and awaited devices for vaping, all my gear is now older then 10 years old. So I’m trying a variety of newer and popular devices, some on stupid long wait lists..
Anyways, my point is I’ve researched and read many articles and user opinions about the benefits of cooling tubes, bent pieces, nipple tubes, etc. And the lengths normally described are so much greater then the small difference between these two cups, I’ll say it’s the cooling factor would be unmeasurable by most.

True, if we take just that air path as lone factor. Add in weight, heat retention, air flow, dish temp from the pressure drop with the extra air, less heat going to the glass, all these little factors add up.

No way I could get big hits at 390 on the DCup, same coil, same controller, same glass, same rosin. My bottom out controller setting was 405 or so. 400 and below were getting real whispy and borderline unusable. I'd say I managed to squeeze an extra 5 - 20 degrees temp drop out of the TBucket, by comparison.

EDIT: Obviously, im spitballing all this, dont want to sound definitive in what Im saying. I aint no scientisk.

EDIT2: The other thing to add is my lungs arent throwing up loads of gak in the mornings and making me reach for my inhalers to be able to breath. Thats nearly all gone completely, and only changed since using the TBucket, tho its been steady progress thru each new device i've bought. Obviously tho, and crucially, this could be coincidence, but I dont think it is. But again, that an opinion, and I dont put much value my own opinions :)

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

True, if we take just that air path as lone factor. Add in weight, heat retention, air flow, dish temp from the pressure drop with the extra air, less heat going to the glass, all these little factors add up.

No way I could get big hits at 390 on the DCup, same coil, same controller, same glass, same rosin. My bottom out controller setting was 405 or so. 400 and below were getting real whispy and borderline unusable. I'd say I managed to squeeze an extra 5 - 20 degrees temp drop out of the TBucket, by comparison.

As far as all the other factors you listed, obviously I can’t account for or even reply to without the same device, and therefore would only be making up “theories”. But as I am somewhat familiar with your preferred lower temp vaping, it seems to be working for your needs, and I don’t doubt your findings. But as we know, an opinion of one, is just that. Sorry, but for me personally, I doubt in a blindfold test I could ever tell a difference between the two. The TCup seems to from what I’ve read and seen in videos was a related device designed for their new all-in-one, forgot the name, and then sold as an individual piece for $50.00 more then the DCup. So I don’t believe it was ever made as a DCup replacement or upgrade. Comparing them is fun, but I only have half the equation....

RustyOldNail,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So I don’t believe it was ever made as a DCup replacement or upgrade.

Absolutely correct. This has been a pleasant, surprising turn of events :) I seem to recall it only really happened due to many calls on instagram to release the TBucket separately as people were wanting Ligers but that company folded and this is a similar design.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
New TBucket rig. Same as before, but much smaller, more squat. No downstem and half filled with water to reduce the can size.

20200406-000008-01.jpg

Result: Faster, more immediate inhale meaning slightly lower temps (down a further 5 to 10 degrees for the same performance and to make up for the increase in harshness due to the no water percolation and reduced airpath length), and improved flavour from the lack of terpene ripping airpath and percolation.

The bucket is still a bit close my face. Same distance as the larger glass model. A dropdown will resolve this but obviously also brings its own set of compromises.

Conclusion: On a score of 1 to 10, its a yes thank you please thanks yes.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That looks like a branding iron waiting to happen, dab safe and don't forget it is a bong, not a stubbie.(Yes I have almost drunk from a bubbler...more than once):razz:

LesPlenty,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
That looks like a branding iron waiting to happen, dab safe and don't forget it is a bong, not a stubbie.(Yes I have almost drunk from a bubbler...more than once):razz:

Its no different from using the TBucket as normal, just has to be put down in a specific spot is all :)

The only worry I have with it is putting it down absentmindedly, forgetting it doesnt haven a flat bottom.

So long as I keep it spinning tho, it should stay upright ;)

elmomuzz

That just happened...
The newvape dual perc (9301) is ideal for the dcup and tbucket. If you haven’t tried one you might like it.

elmomuzz,

RustyOldNail

The newvape dual perc (9301) is ideal for the dcup and tbucket. If you haven’t tried one you might like it.

I prefer a smaller rig with less diffusion for my oil/wax only rigs, like my DCup. I have a similar larger dual filtration rig to the 9301, I use for the NV WEEDEATER, and other flower only vaping. I bought the one below, which is made by TAG (Thick Ass Glass). Unfortunately, sold out on both sites for sometime, stock and deliveries from China are issues I assume.

Super Slit 14mm (9385)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I prefer a smaller rig with less diffusion for my oil/wax only rigs, like my DCup. I have a similar larger dual filtration rig to the 9301, I use for the NV WEEDEATER, and other flower only vaping. I bought the one below, which is made by TAG (Thick Ass Glass). Unfortunately, sold out on both sites for sometime, stock and deliveries from China are issues I assume.

Super Slit 14mm (9385)

Linky no worky!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
well i cant find it on the tag site. but youre saying you posted the info from the NV site. so i'll try there now.

actually, seeing as Im only looking, i cant be arsed :)

Top Bottom