• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

zippy

I think Enrico can’t decide what to do tbh . He can’t keep to his own deadlines. It’s not hard to have circuits made or component boxes. Other companies have managed last year or so to launch new products. It’s a shame he got funny with me over warranty. I had an agreement for an upgrade when they ready and that was years ago lol. To me they are a dead company trying to hang on

MoltenTiger

I think Enrico can’t decide what to do tbh . He can’t keep to his own deadlines. It’s not hard to have circuits made or component boxes. Other companies have managed last year or so to launch new products. It’s a shame he got funny with me over warranty. I had an agreement for an upgrade when they ready and that was years ago lol. To me they are a dead company trying to hang on
It is quite unfortunate how it has all gone.

It's fairly straightforward to get components and to arrange contract manufacturers to assemble and test and ship products, but it does take a lot of work.
Still, it's easy enough for sure, it just takes time and money.
I guess the Sub has arisen from metal fabricators but it's obvious that the electrical engineering has been woeful. Now they are aiming to deliver controllers with WiFi and Bluetooth circuitry and complex software solutions just to do a basic task. I can't help but think that this is not working smoothly for them, unless there is some other dilemma which is more likely, but it's really not that hard to get things done and get them done right. At least it shouldn't be..

I am at a loss, between Hopper Labs, Max Vapor and Sublimator, all my most favourite instruments are in the strangest state. I guess not everyone can be a stoner and be professional, not that it's an easy balance and I wouldn't say I fit the bill either.

But I am skilled up for product development, and it sucks to see how slow, poorly iterated and unresponsive some parties can be, when it's really not that complex if the project is properly designed, managed, communicated and tested right. It's not simple to piece it all together and there's a lot of variables, but after however many years in the industry, for the things we are seeing to be existing as they are, it's fucking retarded and a damn shame. Hard to know where the buck falls, maybe compliance of this type of product is a nightmare... But if there's a will there's a way. Doesn't make sense to see this lead time.

Imagine shipping all these parts and leaving people in the dark, it's just terrible. How hard is it to build a damn soldering iron anyway. The one thing they can do is interface it into a very effective herb vape, it's still a very niche product category and there is some big player competition. Getting the capital to launch products isn't at all easy without a lot of marketing traction.

It just sucks though because what the venture capitalists have funded and thus offered has been even more bullshit than getting the run around from the small timers

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Honestly, all the fabricated parts are done. The simplest solution, which could be implemented in 1 day, is to just use a 3rd party PID (if he wants BT & WiFi) MaxVapor works great for my FlowerPot. Why waste the time building the parts, and waiting months when he can white label any PID and call it the MONKEY BOX. Just my 2 cents. I have no experience with Enrico, or no knowledge of the history, but I'd love to try the Orion.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Sorry to late to edit my post:

Will an old monkey controller work? I just found a store selling all the old models of the subliminator as they are new stock. A bit strange they have like 6 or 7 models and configs in stock. Check these out, if we buy just the controller can we use it with the Orion, I know if it breaks we're screwed, but my OCD is telling me Orion, Orion, Orion... https://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizers/sublimator/ (its a bit strange they sell everything like its current product? I want to try gasified herb and compare it to vaporized herb and see if this is just a marketing thing.

danielblakes

flowerpot fiend
Sorry to late to edit my post:

Will an old monkey controller work? I just found a store selling all the old models of the subliminator as they are new stock. A bit strange they have like 6 or 7 models and configs in stock. Check these out, if we buy just the controller can we use it with the Orion, I know if it breaks we're screwed, but my OCD is telling me Orion, Orion, Orion... https://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizers/sublimator/ (its a bit strange they sell everything like its current product? I want to try gasified herb and compare it to vaporized herb and see if this is just a marketing thing.
none of these are actually in stock. this site is just shit at making that clear until you get in and start picking options. there's not anywhere to buy new old stock rn..pretty much only option is secondhand.

to echo everyone's sentiments it sure is a shame. i'd love to get my hands on a fully working sub but looking more and more unlikely.

neogitus

Haven't made a post since 2016. Damn. So unfortunately it looks like I'm not the only one that has been going through some bs with trying to deal with enrico and the sublimator company in general.

I, like many of you have been a long time supporter of sublimators. I've bought 3 over the years. 2 of the xlr ones and one of the newest version with the 3 hour timer on it. Before I bought my third one I had 2 xlrs that both stopped working (it's always the janky controllers/cords that fail) so I emailed support and was charged something like 120 to repair them. Can't remember if that was each or for both. Just the interaction I received at the time left a bad taste in my mouth (think this was already after the company was lost to be fair) when I received my "repaired" parts in the mail it was just 2 new monkey controllers because the one I used to have had a burn mark on one of the stickers from me being clumsy.

When the new one came out I bought it almost right away and for the first little while it was good. Seemed to work better than my xlrs which I suspected might have lost some power over the years. After MAYBE 2 months the new one broke. I must have reached out to enrico a dozen or more times on instagram and the times he didn't ignore me I kept getting the same bs reply "soon" and if you don't think we're working hard everyday you got another thing coming. Seems more interested in pushing wine than rebuilding the company. One time I voiced my frustration (after YEARS of nothing) he got hostile with me basically saying next time negativity won't be taken well. All I said was I'm tired of getting dicked around which is exactly what is happening.

So I was forced to go back to my older version and the new one has been collecting dust ever since. After awhile that one also broke again and that left me in a bad spot as I was pretty reliant on a strong vape after using a sub daily for years and years. I searched far and wide for cords and even had a friends hobby electrician uncle try and order a part he thought would work to no avail. After months and months of being uncomfortable smoking joints and cheaper vaporizers that didn't do the trick at all I caved and bought a volcano hybrid even though I couldn't really afford it and never planned on owning one.

I have been told for years that I'd be taken care of royally but at this point I'm not holding my breath which is a shame. It still is my favourite vapourizer I've ever used but I don't know how they could repay me for all the bs over the past few years. If this is what people get for being loyal and telling all their friends how good your product is then probably don't deserve people's business.

The new controllers were supposed to come out last year but they're still having them manufactured in china for some reason even with all the issues that came from the old ones (most if not all haven'tbeen resolved) They came out with the orion first which is pointless for a lot of us who have no working sub at all/ people who can't even buy cords to power the thing. Hopefully they don't make the new cords proprietary so you can only buy from them because they've been unavail for years otherwise I would have caved and bought one ages ago.

I honestly don't even like my hybrid that much I was just desperate for something with a little bit of a kick. I'm not the biggest fan of the design. I shouldn't have had to buy one when I own 2 sublimators lol. I don't talk to the friend I sold my xlr to anymore but wouldn't be surprised at all if that one broke too.

Edit: I forgot to mention that one of the xlrs I had that broke was a titanium one with a carb cap that I used to smoke concentrates at lower temps so they didn't taste bad. When I sent the thing in the be repaired they didn't have anything to replace it with (guessing the handle) so they told me that they could send me the older version with a heat shield which I mentioned multiple times I had no interest in. It might even be stainless steel and not ti. Anyways they ignored me and sent it anyways like it was a proper replacement and I haven't used it once or plugged it in. I still have the metal part to my dab thing but it's basically useless now.

Last edited:

justcametomind

I honestly don't even like my hybrid that much I was just desperate for something with a little bit of a kick. I'm not the biggest fan of the design. I shouldn't have had to buy one when I own 2 sublimators lol. I don't talk to the friend I sold my xlr to anymore but wouldn't be surprised at all if that one broke too.

If the Hybrid doesn't do the trick there are a few heavy hitters that can rival the sub, have a look at the heavy hitters page on vgoodiez.com
My personal top picks are Vapbong, Supreme (unavailable), and the inexpensive Elev8r should be very good too. I'd include the Verdamper that can be acquired only in EU vape shops AFAIK.

I still crave buying a Sub, there are still a few available here and there, but your post definitely put me off, don't want to go trough that.

neogitus

If the Hybrid doesn't do the trick there are a few heavy hitters that can rival the sub, have a look at the heavy hitters page on vgoodiez.com
My personal top picks are Vapbong, Supreme (unavailable), and the inexpensive Elev8r should be very good too. I'd include the Verdamper that can be acquired only in EU vape shops AFAIK.

I still crave buying a Sub, there are still a few available here and there, but your post definitely put me off, don't want to go trough that.
Appreciate the suggestions but unless this volcano breaks I have no plans on spending more money on a vapourizer. I didn't even want this one. I should have 2 working subs but this company has unfortunately gone down the shitter. Their first priority before the orion should have been making a ton of cords and monkey controllers since so many people's have been broken for so long.

Beyond frustrating dealing with this company. Hasn't made a post on the sublimator ig page about anything sub related in over 6 months. Anyone who comments is the same 4 or 5 people that hype the company because they've either gotten free stuff or they haven't been unlucky to have their products fail them multiple times the same way.

All that's being pushed now on the page is cheap seeds for a strain he didn't even create himself called the sublimator and some terp wine which I could care less about.

I never wanted to go this far and post publicly but I've been left no choice and have been more than patient and understanding of the situation but at this point I feel completely ripped off.

neogitus

Screenshot_20210228-060201_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20210228-060120_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20210228-060056_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20210228-060038_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20210228-060020_Instagram.jpgA small unorganized group of screenshots from my convo. (took me a century to figure out how to upload photos :p )

As you can see have been getting the run around for YEARS. That's just the times I wasn't ignored which there is many.

Last edited:

Bazzle

Figured I’d chime in with my experience as well.

Purchased the original sublimator way back around 2010. Used it daily despite the buzzing box and made due by giving it a love tap in the morning. My Sub would run all day and provide the most eye watering rips you could ever ask for. Loved the hell out of my unit. Worked great until about a year ago when the heating element died.

I tried reaching out for support both via website and Instagram and was completely ignored, even after several attempts. Such a shame considering how much love I had for this device.

Point blank, I would never recommend this company to anyone. It is run by a person who has zero regard for customers. The lack of support on what is likely the most expensive and overpriced unit on the market should scare away any potential buyers. Period.

I have little faith that these “new” units will ever see a production run given the incompetence and general lack of professionalism displayed by this company. In the off chance that I am wrong and new units are being offered, I write this a word of caution to any potential buyers.

I have since moved on to a new devise, the Herborizer. While it’s is not the drag racing experience in terms of extraction offered by the Sublimator. It does offer extremely flavorful, white walled clouds. I have been quite pleased with the purchase and would recommend to anyone looking for a heavy hitter. Not to mention the look of this devise is just so elegant and classy when paired with clean glass. A real connoisseur piece. I have also emailed the company with questions/concerns and received quick responses from ownership. Often within 24 hours. Night and day difference in customer relations.

Hopefully this helps other if they are unsure on how to proceed given the lack of clarity on the future of the Sublimator. RIP to my unit, it was great until it wasn’t.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Okay, I know I'm a sucker looking for punishment... They still sell new Subs in Europe the dabmaster and the V2 XLR. If I purchase one of those sets and the Orion could I use the Orion with that controller and setup? The European retailers will provide a 2-year warranty on the product and replace it or refund if Enrico doesn't honor the warranty. I have been discussing this with them for weeks now. If anyone else wants the details i can provide them. Would this be a sound idea, or am I just chasing the ups that have been described here and ignoring the fact that no one gets any service. Remember the store will honor the warranty though.

zippy

Okay, I know I'm a sucker looking for punishment... They still sell new Subs in Europe the dabmaster and the V2 XLR. If I purchase one of those sets and the Orion could I use the Orion with that controller and setup? The European retailers will provide a 2-year warranty on the product and replace it or refund if Enrico doesn't honor the warranty. I have been discussing this with them for weeks now. If anyone else wants the details i can provide them. Would this be a sound idea, or am I just chasing the ups that have been described here and ignoring the fact that no one gets any service. Remember the store will honor the warranty though.
How will the store support warranty do the have spares in stock ? Do they sell spares ?If that’s the case why does enrico not say this to help customers ?

zippy,

justcametomind

How will the store support warranty do the have spares in stock ? Do they sell spares ?If that’s the case why does enrico not say this to help customers ?
Those are just EU resellers who have back stock, I was tempted as well but decided not to buy for the time being.
The prices I have seen are still the same the Sub had at launch (799€), not a single "adapt a bong" kit in sight, which would have been cheaper, and imho there's no guarantee at all the warranty would be honored. If they'll still be around they'd probably offer (partial?) store credit if the thing goes unusable in the first 2 years. And I'd plan to use an 800€ worth vape a bit more than 2 years.
Enrico sold those vapes and parts more than a decade ago to tiny internet vape shops scattered through Europe, considering how low he's taking his vape customers into account, what should he say about it? On top of that, the parts I have seen in stock are not what most people look for: monkey controllers, but water pipe parts and the likes.
Getting one of those Subs is imho the vape equivalent of buying antiques.

Last edited:

neogitus

Those are just EU resellers who have back stock, I was tempted as well but decided not to buy for the time being.
The prices I have seen are still the same the Sub had at launch (799€), not a single "adapt a bong" kit in sight, which would have been cheaper, and imho there's no guarantee at all the warranty would be honored. If they'll still be around they'd probably offer (partial?) store credit if the thing goes unusable in the first 2 years. And I'd plan to use an 800€ worth vape a bit more than 2 years.
Enrico sold those vapes and parts more than a decade ago to tiny internet vape shops scattered through Europe, considering how low he's taking his vape customers into account, what should he say about it? On top of that, the parts I have seen in stock are not what most people look for: monkey controllers, but water pipe parts and the likes.
Getting one of those Subs is imho the vape equivalent of buying antiques.
He posted what looks like a new controller on instagram the other day (finally) but of course with no info attached and a bunch of people asking questions with him nowhere to be seen and not replying. If we're lucky he might be waiting till 420 to release it but I'm not holding my breath. Hope it isn't just a big tease cuz some of us have been waiting years and years for this shit. I really hope the people who got fucked over get taken care of in the end.

C-weed

Enrico is a joke....so sorry that anyone has ever trusted him...or given him their hard earned money...sad....beware...he is a crook in my book.

thevapist

I'm a VROD user, and I've seen this device mentioned over the years and decided to do some research. Besides the controversy behind their buzzwords (looks like all BS to me from a first impression) this Enrico guy reminds me of the people running Advanced Vape Supply. Deadlines don't exist to his type and there's always an excuse.

Seeing him get hostile with people that have waited for years says it all, though. That's just ridiculous. I hope FC does not allow this clown back onto the forum, if and when he ever launches some other device. This is yet another reminder why I don't support early access products, games, whatever. This type of thing happens too often.

Looks like the people who gave him a hard time in the original thread many years ago were right :science: Interesting going back and reading that with the context we have now.

Literal vaporware, lol!

Aero

Raw Addict
looks like Enrico is still trying to hang on and relax ppl, honestly one of the best vapes I tried. my experience with Enrico was ok, I bought the eliminator kit and got a free handle + custom handle to Orion's head. bought a v2 from a guy in 200$ Candian that already owned this vape for like 5 years with a 1-hour timer, well it's not near perfect but none of my vapes can hit that fast (well maybe except the supreme).

an0maly

I got an email this morning from sublimatorhq.com, responding to my question (sent months ago) about what's going on with the Orion pre-order.

Sorry for the late response. Thanks for your interest in a Sublimator – The strongest vape on the planet. We are working on the new Sublimator XLR V3 Monkey Controllers and heaters which are not backwards compatible with previous models. We hope to have them available soon. There are no V2 Monkey Controllers or V2 heaters available anywhere currently, sorry about that. www.planethaze.com will be the first authorized distributor with full kits in stock once available.

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Everything but the dam controller!:doh:

Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: Aero

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I’m about to have mine with no way to power it :doh: luckily LUCKILY I snagged a full Apollo cold wall kit from Reddit.:tup: It was pricy as expected but I had money set aside for years for one. Lands today actually! I keep looking out my front door and have my dogs on alert!:lol: So at least I can happily try this unicorn while pissedoffedly stare at the Orion kit.:\
I think I’ll live.

Top Bottom