zippy

I think Enrico can’t decide what to do tbh . He can’t keep to his own deadlines. It’s not hard to have circuits made or component boxes. Other companies have managed last year or so to launch new products. It’s a shame he got funny with me over warranty. I had an agreement for an upgrade when they ready and that was years ago lol. To me they are a dead company trying to hang on

MoltenTiger

I think Enrico can’t decide what to do tbh . He can’t keep to his own deadlines. It’s not hard to have circuits made or component boxes. Other companies have managed last year or so to launch new products. It’s a shame he got funny with me over warranty. I had an agreement for an upgrade when they ready and that was years ago lol. To me they are a dead company trying to hang on
It is quite unfortunate how it has all gone.

It's fairly straightforward to get components and to arrange contract manufacturers to assemble and test and ship products, but it does take a lot of work.
Still, it's easy enough for sure, it just takes time and money.
I guess the Sub has arisen from metal fabricators but it's obvious that the electrical engineering has been woeful. Now they are aiming to deliver controllers with WiFi and Bluetooth circuitry and complex software solutions just to do a basic task. I can't help but think that this is not working smoothly for them, unless there is some other dilemma which is more likely, but it's really not that hard to get things done and get them done right. At least it shouldn't be..

I am at a loss, between Hopper Labs, Max Vapor and Sublimator, all my most favourite instruments are in the strangest state. I guess not everyone can be a stoner and be professional, not that it's an easy balance and I wouldn't say I fit the bill either.

But I am skilled up for product development, and it sucks to see how slow, poorly iterated and unresponsive some parties can be, when it's really not that complex if the project is properly designed, managed, communicated and tested right. It's not simple to piece it all together and there's a lot of variables, but after however many years in the industry, for the things we are seeing to be existing as they are, it's fucking retarded and a damn shame. Hard to know where the buck falls, maybe compliance of this type of product is a nightmare... But if there's a will there's a way. Doesn't make sense to see this lead time.

Imagine shipping all these parts and leaving people in the dark, it's just terrible. How hard is it to build a damn soldering iron anyway. The one thing they can do is interface it into a very effective herb vape, it's still a very niche product category and there is some big player competition. Getting the capital to launch products isn't at all easy without a lot of marketing traction.

It just sucks though because what the venture capitalists have funded and thus offered has been even more bullshit than getting the run around from the small timers

C-weed

most unprofessional company that i have ever seen a thread about in this forum EVER!

C-weed,

bkkbob

Honestly, all the fabricated parts are done. The simplest solution, which could be implemented in 1 day, is to just use a 3rd party PID (if he wants BT & WiFi) MaxVapor works great for my FlowerPot. Why waste the time building the parts, and waiting months when he can white label any PID and call it the MONKEY BOX. Just my 2 cents. I have no experience with Enrico, or no knowledge of the history, but I'd love to try the Orion.

bkkbob

Sorry to late to edit my post:

Will an old monkey controller work? I just found a store selling all the old models of the subliminator as they are new stock. A bit strange they have like 6 or 7 models and configs in stock. Check these out, if we buy just the controller can we use it with the Orion, I know if it breaks we're screwed, but my OCD is telling me Orion, Orion, Orion... https://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizers/sublimator/ (its a bit strange they sell everything like its current product? I want to try gasified herb and compare it to vaporized herb and see if this is just a marketing thing.

danielblakes

flowerpot fiend
Sorry to late to edit my post:

Will an old monkey controller work? I just found a store selling all the old models of the subliminator as they are new stock. A bit strange they have like 6 or 7 models and configs in stock. Check these out, if we buy just the controller can we use it with the Orion, I know if it breaks we're screwed, but my OCD is telling me Orion, Orion, Orion... https://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizers/sublimator/ (its a bit strange they sell everything like its current product? I want to try gasified herb and compare it to vaporized herb and see if this is just a marketing thing.
none of these are actually in stock. this site is just shit at making that clear until you get in and start picking options. there's not anywhere to buy new old stock rn..pretty much only option is secondhand.

to echo everyone's sentiments it sure is a shame. i'd love to get my hands on a fully working sub but looking more and more unlikely.

danielblakes,
Reactions: MoltenTiger

neogitus

Haven't made a post since 2016. Damn. So unfortunately it looks like I'm not the only one that has been going through some bs with trying to deal with enrico and the sublimator company in general.

I, like many of you have been a long time supporter of sublimators. I've bought 3 over the years. 2 of the xlr ones and one of the newest version with the 3 hour timer on it. Before I bought my third one I had 2 xlrs that both stopped working (it's always the janky controllers/cords that fail) so I emailed support and was charged something like 120 to repair them. Can't remember if that was each or for both. Just the interaction I received at the time left a bad taste in my mouth (think this was already after the company was lost to be fair) when I received my "repaired" parts in the mail it was just 2 new monkey controllers because the one I used to have had a burn mark on one of the stickers from me being clumsy.

When the new one came out I bought it almost right away and for the first little while it was good. Seemed to work better than my xlrs which I suspected might have lost some power over the years. After MAYBE 2 months the new one broke. I must have reached out to enrico a dozen or more times on instagram and the times he didn't ignore me I kept getting the same bs reply "soon" and if you don't think we're working hard everyday you got another thing coming. Seems more interested in pushing wine than rebuilding the company. One time I voiced my frustration (after YEARS of nothing) he got hostile with me basically saying next time negativity won't be taken well. All I said was I'm tired of getting dicked around which is exactly what is happening.

So I was forced to go back to my older version and the new one has been collecting dust ever since. After awhile that one also broke again and that left me in a bad spot as I was pretty reliant on a strong vape after using a sub daily for years and years. I searched far and wide for cords and even had a friends hobby electrician uncle try and order a part he thought would work to no avail. After months and months of being uncomfortable smoking joints and cheaper vaporizers that didn't do the trick at all I caved and bought a volcano hybrid even though I couldn't really afford it and never planned on owning one.

I have been told for years that I'd be taken care of royally but at this point I'm not holding my breath which is a shame. It still is my favourite vapourizer I've ever used but I don't know how they could repay me for all the bs over the past few years. If this is what people get for being loyal and telling all their friends how good your product is then probably don't deserve people's business.

The new controllers were supposed to come out last year but they're still having them manufactured in china for some reason even with all the issues that came from the old ones (most if not all haven'tbeen resolved) They came out with the orion first which is pointless for a lot of us who have no working sub at all/ people who can't even buy cords to power the thing. Hopefully they don't make the new cords proprietary so you can only buy from them because they've been unavail for years otherwise I would have caved and bought one ages ago.

I honestly don't even like my hybrid that much I was just desperate for something with a little bit of a kick. I'm not the biggest fan of the design. I shouldn't have had to buy one when I own 2 sublimators lol. I don't talk to the friend I sold my xlr to anymore but wouldn't be surprised at all if that one broke too.

Edit: I forgot to mention that one of the xlrs I had that broke was a titanium one with a carb cap that I used to smoke concentrates at lower temps so they didn't taste bad. When I sent the thing in the be repaired they didn't have anything to replace it with (guessing the handle) so they told me that they could send me the older version with a heat shield which I mentioned multiple times I had no interest in. It might even be stainless steel and not ti. Anyways they ignored me and sent it anyways like it was a proper replacement and I haven't used it once or plugged it in. I still have the metal part to my dab thing but it's basically useless now.

Last edited:

justcametomind

I honestly don't even like my hybrid that much I was just desperate for something with a little bit of a kick. I'm not the biggest fan of the design. I shouldn't have had to buy one when I own 2 sublimators lol. I don't talk to the friend I sold my xlr to anymore but wouldn't be surprised at all if that one broke too.

If the Hybrid doesn't do the trick there are a few heavy hitters that can rival the sub, have a look at the heavy hitters page on vgoodiez.com
My personal top picks are Vapbong, Supreme (unavailable), and the inexpensive Elev8r should be very good too. I'd include the Verdamper that can be acquired only in EU vape shops AFAIK.

I still crave buying a Sub, there are still a few available here and there, but your post definitely put me off, don't want to go trough that.

justcametomind,
Reactions: MoltenTiger
Top Bottom