MileHighHuman

They're also coming out with a follow up to the torch powered Eliminator, the E-Eliminator.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9IRV1BhMvL/

Here are a few pics of the Eliminator.

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/51907

Probably not for everyone, but I am 1,000% interested in this one. BIG TIME!!!
T

Could it be possible to heat the Eliminator with an electric mod like Jcat mod for the Supreme 3?

Fyi, the eliminator uses a titanium atomizer which is no where near as flavorful compared to the stainless steel. My experience with the Eliminator and flowers wasn't very good. I feel like its meant for concentrates.

Received my orion today. Dont have any way to power it yet. Looking for the best dry herb hit available..

im pretty sure the orion is just like the v4 Sublimator with a few new upgrades. The Orion / v4 are better for concentrates. It can do flowers, but I had the v4 and it wasn't very good for flowers. If you want a sublimator for flower you need to get the Apollo with stainless steel atomizer.

MoltenTiger

Fyi, the eliminator uses a titanium atomizer which is no where near as flavorful compared to the stainless steel. My experience with the Eliminator and flowers wasn't very good. I feel like its meant for concentrates.

im pretty sure the orion is just like the v4 Sublimator with a few new upgrades. The Orion / v4 are better for concentrates. It can do flowers, but I had the v4 and it wasn't very good for flowers. If you want a sublimator for flower you need to get the Apollo with stainless steel atomizer.
I think I’ve read a few accounts re: better flavour from SS Sublimators. I have SS, and I wouldn’t class it as a super tasty vape. I generally run high temp though for maximum gasification. Obviously it tastes good, well, scalable as to what goes into it, but it’s not as terpy as some other slower extractors that I’ve tried. I think the Mighty or Volcano might be the tastiest I’ve tried. But that’s based off single uses with fire nug. The TuboX and GH are tastier than he sub and that’s good enough for me

You say the Ti is nowhere near as flavourful, is it such a difference? It must be to a noticeable degree for multiple mentions of this.
The metals are different, and along with that the coefficients of thermal exchange to both the air (convection) and the plant matter (conduction) differ. I would guess that’s all it is. Do you think one extracts faster or slower?

It’s kind of interesting, between my Grasshoppers I have SS and Ti mouthpieces. I haven’t noticed any appreciable difference beyond weight and rigidity, but the inner workings are all the same between SS and Ti GHs, so those who can compare those contrasting materials in full assembly won’t be noticing much different on top because the internals are always made up of a brass(?) heater and a stainless oven. Stainless seems to be able to give that feint metallic taste from its alloy, compared to biocompatible TiO2, it has more flavour. But I don’t notice this in using my vapes, the Sub or the GH (admittedly I am basing this off the one time I could taste the stainless PFE, it might have had some oxidation from sitting for some time, I don’t know).

I only have experience with the Dabmaster Sublimator head. I’ll probably end up with an Orion at some distant point. But the Dabmaster is a monster with flower, especially with 20%+ cannabinoid content flower. The clouds are insane. Ongoing, solid, white clouds that would block out the sun. The effects are marvellous.
i wouldn’t have expected the Orion to do much less if at all, as long as it’s up to heat. But without trying it, it’s impossible to say how different it would be, and if just changing the material makes a noticeable difference, it’ll be interesting to see some accounts comparing them in the mean time, before I inevitably find out for myself, because the Sub is the best thing for herb.

Last edited:

MileHighHuman

In my opinion yeah theres a big difference in titanium vs stainless steel for flavor.

But, my stainless steel sublimator was plug in, my titanium atomizer was heated by torch.

id say extraction speed was the same. the extraction speed is going to depend more on the head (Apollo, dab master, or v4) rather than the atomizer's material. The material is only going to effect how it taste.

ive never used a dab master, but I've owned both the Apollo, v4, and Eliminator and I can say the Apollo is the best for flowers in terms of flavor, extraction speed, and everything else. I actually preferred the Apollo for dabs too (only can do small dabs) but the v4 nail carb cap is trash.

Also, do know you have to run higher temps (which destroys monkey controllers) for the v4 with flowers.

The Apollo was perfect and the first green light (#7 or $8 can't remember) but to get any vapor with the v4 you'd need it in the red area on the dial (#10 or #11) which cranks up the temp to where long term use is not good on the monkey controller. Ive read about multiple monkey controllers breaking.

The sublimator is cool to have, I like how smooth the vapor is and its pretty potent, but its not the best thing for herb. There are better devices out there on the market that are more potent and more flavorful.

Hope this helps

MoltenTiger

In my opinion yeah theres a big difference in titanium vs stainless steel for flavor.

But, my stainless steel sublimator was plug in, my titanium atomizer was heated by torch.

id say extraction speed was the same. the extraction speed is going to depend more on the head (Apollo, dab master, or v4) rather than the atomizer's material. The material is only going to effect how it taste.

ive never used a dab master, but I've owned both the Apollo, v4, and Eliminator and I can say the Apollo is the best for flowers in terms of flavor, extraction speed, and everything else. I actually preferred the Apollo for dabs too (only can do small dabs) but the v4 nail carb cap is trash.

Also, do know you have to run higher temps (which destroys monkey controllers) for the v4 with flowers.

The Apollo was perfect and the first green light (#7 or $8 can't remember) but to get any vapor with the v4 you'd need it in the red area on the dial (#10 or #11) which cranks up the temp to where long term use is not good on the monkey controller. Ive read about multiple monkey controllers breaking.

The sublimator is cool to have, I like how smooth the vapor is and its pretty potent, but its not the best thing for herb. There are better devices out there on the market that are more potent and more flavorful.

Hope this helps

Well I'm definitely interested to hear what you have found that's more potent. More flavourful, there's lots of options, but I really like the Sub signature. Though I also like the terpy profile to accompany a sub hit. Occasionally I'll replace my bung with a Grasshopper if I need a boost both ways

Cheers for the insights, I was really tempted by an eliminator a while ago, it's a cool idea and would be a spare atomizer

Poostuff

Please delete
I’ve never used a Ti atomiser but using Ti Apollo head & Stainless Dabmaster there’s no notable difference in taste to me. I use the Sub on high temperature for single hits like most people.
I reckon for this type of usage the taste is pretty good considering the speed of extraction & quantity of vapour.
Taste suffers as it gets dirty, the sublimate is not pleasant smelling & has a oily taste if you vape it or if it’s in your atomiser.
That’s why I clean my atomiser once a week, I have 2 & just rotate them. If you want to taste your herb in the Sub you need to keep it clean.

I think the SS dabmaster would be the same as the SS Apollo head for flower, there’s probably a little more mass in the Apollo because it doesn’t have the concentrate cut out.

For me it’s hard to compare the Sub to anything else but if there’s something else that does even close to what the Sub does I’d buy it, I’ve tried a lot.

I do agree with @MoltenTiger that a Grasshopper is the closest portable to a Sublimator that there is, but so far I haven’t had any luck getting one that works for longer than a month.
I’d disagree & say the Sub is tastier than the Grasshopper, but I’m not sure our GH experiences have been the same.

I won’t buy the Eliminator, I think for this sort of extraction using a torch is too unpredictable. You’ll need an enormous torch like when using the Eleva8r & my experience with the Eleva8r so far hasn’t been good.
There’s such a fine line between combustion & hard hitting vapour at this temperature & heating with a torch doesn’t leave any room for error. Plus most days I hate having to concentrate on my heating technique when I vape, my attention is often elsewhere.

I’ve read about Monkey controllers breaking but not often, I’ve always taken care of mine in the way that I’m gentle plugging it in & I won’t bend the cord any more than necessary.
I do this mostly because they do seem kind of fragile, & I also think if you wrap the cord up to store it you could have problems. I’ve run mine on the first red then back 3 turns for hours & hours year after year with no problems.
I’ve had a lot of vaporizers fuck up but the Sub just keeps going & going.

I haven’t seen the pricing on the new one but I never understand why people balk at the price. My first one was just over $500 AU & that’s the price of almost two Grasshoppers here, or just a little more than an Evo was at the time.

I think it’s the benchmark for plugin vaporizers & probably the reason I’m often dissatisfied with other ones I buy.
I only vape at home & pretty much the only reason I buy other vapes is for a different signature from time to time.

MileHighHuman

Well I'm definitely interested to hear what you have found that's more potent. More flavourful, there's lots of options, but I really like the Sub signature. Though I also like the terpy profile to accompany a sub hit. Occasionally I'll replace my bung with a Grasshopper if I need a boost both ways

Cheers for the insights, I was really tempted by an eliminator a while ago, it's a cool idea and would be a spare atomizer

Glass Symphony - crushes the Sublimator is terms of flavor and its also more potent too. The only down side to the GS is its big size and how fragile it is (all glass)

Herbazlier - crushes the Sublimator for flavor. Sublimator can only hold .15 at max due to airflow. If I had .15 in the Sublimator and .15 in the Herbalizer, id say the Sublimator is going to give a more potent hit, but with much less flavor. I can load up to .25 in the Herbalzier, which would put out a more potent hit than the Subliamtor using .15. The Herbalizer's form factor and need for a whip are negtives for it though.

The sublimator wins vs the flower pot for sure.

EVO - wins for flavor and ease of use, but subliamtor is more potent.

g43 - g43 crushes the sublimator for flavor. g43 is less potent, but still good potency for its size/price.

sv4 - in my opinon the flavor was pretty similar, maybe slightly better on the sv4. but id say the potency winner is the sublimator.

im sure there are other vapes too im forgetting but those are the first ones that I think of.

I’ve never used a Ti atomiser but using Ti Apollo head & Stainless Dabmaster there’s no notable difference in taste to me. I use the Sub on high temperature for single hits like most people.
I reckon for this type of usage the taste is pretty good considering the speed of extraction & quantity of vapour.
Taste suffers as it gets dirty, the sublimate is not pleasant smelling & has a oily taste if you vape it or if it’s in your atomiser.
That’s why I clean my atomiser once a week, I have 2 & just rotate them. If you want to taste your herb in the Sub you need to keep it clean.

I think the SS dabmaster would be the same as the SS Apollo head for flower, there’s probably a little more mass in the Apollo because it doesn’t have the concentrate cut out.

For me it’s hard to compare the Sub to anything else but if there’s something else that does even close to what the Sub does I’d buy it, I’ve tried a lot.

I do agree with @MoltenTiger that a Grasshopper is the closest portable to a Sublimator that there is, but so far I haven’t had any luck getting one that works for longer than a month.
I’d disagree & say the Sub is tastier than the Grasshopper, but I’m not sure our GH experiences have been the same.

I won’t buy the Eliminator, I think for this sort of extraction using a torch is too unpredictable. You’ll need an enormous torch like when using the Eleva8r & my experience with the Eleva8r so far hasn’t been good.
There’s such a fine line between combustion & hard hitting vapour at this temperature & heating with a torch doesn’t leave any room for error. Plus most days I hate having to concentrate on my heating technique when I vape, my attention is often elsewhere.

I’ve read about Monkey controllers breaking but not often, I’ve always taken care of mine in the way that I’m gentle plugging it in & I won’t bend the cord any more than necessary.
I do this mostly because they do seem kind of fragile, & I also think if you wrap the cord up to store it you could have problems. I’ve run mine on the first red then back 3 turns for hours & hours year after year with no problems.
I’ve had a lot of vaporizers fuck up but the Sub just keeps going & going.

I haven’t seen the pricing on the new one but I never understand why people balk at the price. My first one was just over $500 AU & that’s the price of almost two Grasshoppers here, or just a little more than an Evo was at the time.

I think it’s the benchmark for plugin vaporizers & probably the reason I’m often dissatisfied with other ones I buy.
I only vape at home & pretty much the only reason I buy other vapes is for a different signature from time to time.

ive never used the dab master, but from reading reviews the Apollo is better for flowers than the dab master, like you said due to the mass. Also I remember whenever purchasing on Sublimator.com they had the Apollo listed as best with flowers. the v4 was listed as worst with flowers and the dab master was said to have the performance level or something in-between the Apollo and v4.

good choice to avoid the eliminator, even with a timer its difficult to get consistent results.

I kept good care of mine, but my power brick stoppped working randomly after a coupe of months. Ive just read about people having issues with the monkey controllers.

I was just like you, the sublimator was the only vape that satisfied me and other vapes were to switch up the signature and help out my tolerance, the GS was really what killed it, and ever since ive not had any desire for the sublimator. If you can find the proper technique with the Herbalizer id say it could take your sublimator spot too. The vapor quality is much better, its just the attachments and ease of use that suffer.

Poostuff

Please delete
Great reply @MileHighHuman thanks heaps for that. I really wanted a Herbalizer but couldn’t get one here & that always made me sad. Despite the size the GS had my interest but wasn’t easy to buy impulsively & then it was gone. I’ll be sure to order one if it comes back.

@nickb congratulations man! I’d love to see some pics, hope you get to using it soon.

MoltenTiger

yeah, that's a solid take on it all @MileHighHuman, nice one.

I didn't think of the GS, but that's cool that it's the king. I'd love to try it, I can't say I really feel the need for more potency, but you don't know if you don't try.

Interesting on the amounts, I think I'd usually run 0.15g through the sub, but I'm sure I've put more into it plenty of times and had no issue with airflow. And it definitely takes it up a notch in terms of potency.

Morty

@MileHighHuman, @MoltenTiger, @Poostuff Appreciate your guys thoughts on the E-Eliminator. It's appealing to me b/c it looks like it would be a great doomsday device. No electricity needed, no glass to break, buy some propane heads and tanks and never be in doubt. :tinfoil: But like @Poostuff said, torch vapes aren't for everyone. Although there are a couple members in the Elev8r thread with Apollos saying their getting some pretty similar one and done style Sub rips. :cool:

Love the comparisons @MileHighHuman. I'm always interested to see how people who've used alot of the top tier vapes feel like they compare to each other. So many variables too here. It's interesting as hell (to me at least :mental: :lol:).

Like this post here,
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/fp1j3k/playtime_is_over/,
where @VGOODIEZ says he finds the SV6 to hit every bit as hard as the GS, but w/ smoother and tastier hits. And this post (granted, it was from a couple years ago) from ShaolinMilk,
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/7xvw7l/gear_shot_all_these_vaporizers_yet_thr_mighty_is/,
where he says while the GS def extracted the fastest, it tied in terms of potency with the Elev8r and loses on the flavor. No right or wrong answers here. All these vapes will kick your ass. I think alot of it comes down to personal preferences.

As far as potency, I've only owned 3 heavy hitters (SV3, SV3 Dually & FP SH), and I can say without reservation, that the vaporizer that hits the hardest is flower and 'trates. Whether mixed in a high powered vaporizer that can handle it (I made SV3 videos where I've whited out the screen, @invertedisdead !), or a fat high temp flower bowl followed immediately by a fat dab. No other herbal vaporizer can compete IMO for for fast and hard medication like those two combined together. The reason I feel like that is I used to own a double jointed straight bong. Perfect for ripping 2 vapes at once. 1 gram blasted in 2 hits using the SV3 and FP SH doesn't even compare to the trippy pyschadelic highs from combining flower and concentrates. It was still fun though. Still the biggest thickest straight flower vape hit I've seen to this day. Sucks it gone forever. :cry:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glass-and-milkshot-video-thread.7443/page-17#post-1193995
Maybe I'll do another one some day with some diffetent vapes. Maybe a E-Eliminator ? Who knows ? :shrug:

Sorry for the long ramble. @Alexis, was this too long ? :lol: Stay safe and healthy bro. As well as everyone else. I got some GSC and some Purple Kush calling my name and a garage and downstairs that needs to be cleaned (@Alexis knows :rofl:, I'm the Count !).:cheers:

MileHighHuman

So id like to say this thing looks just like an upgrade to the v4 nail. I had the v4 and can say the carb cap was not good and the seal on the v4 nail and atomizer wasn't the best. It wobbled. It looks like they have made changes / upgrades to the previous crap cap, so thats good. Now if they have fix the loose seal this thing would be nice to have / use. Now know the flavor is no where near other set ups. Id give flavor like a 6.5 on a good day. If I ever got some regular grade concentrates I definitely used them on the Sub since it doesn't provide much flavor at all which muted any bad flavor that I would've gotten from quartz/sapphire.

after looking tho im not sure how good the new carb cap will be. If I had to choose id go with the 3/4 Moon and 4 chamber choice. Thats still a lot of open space above the nail. Even if you move the covered area above your dab its still not going to melt like a carb cap that completely covers the nail. The v4 crap cap was completely covered, but the air flow holes still made it perform poor. Id be careful before buying this.

Not trying to bash it, because i've never tried it, but i've tried the other Subliamtor, so I wanted to save people money before buying into any hype they promote. But I could be wrong. The upgrades may be impressive.

Poostuff

Please delete
Not trying to bash it, because i've never tried it, but i've tried the other Sublimator, so I wanted to save people money before buying into any hype they promote.
The hype you say they promote is backed up by some previously released solid vaporisers, it’s not like anyone is hyping an unproven product here.
As a person who regularly prefers to use one over a bunch of other expensive vaporisers I’d fully encourage anyone who’s interested to look into buying one.
The Sub is probably the least hyped vape on this forum.
You really have to filter through all the bullshit before you decide you want to buy one & there’s a lot of that here. Besides, anything you’ve recommended as an alternative so far is discontinued.

MoltenTiger

Glacial pace... still no electronics or apollo heads for sale. I wonder if their manufacturing/shipping was impacted my the pandemic.
I read on Instagram a comment from Enrico 1 week back saying about a hold up with the Monkey Controllers. Likely at this point to be plastics or electronics, but either way waiting on the Chinese suppliers to ramp production back up. Shouldn't be a lot longer

Morty

The Eliminator has been officially released. And it's available in SS this time too ( not just Ti). :cool:

https://sublimatorhq.com/product/sublimator-eliminator/

https://sublimatorhq.com/product/subcultured-kit/

Bet it hits like an M on steroids! :goon:

The handle part seems kinda pricey at $200 CA. How much did you guys pay for your monkey controllers? In the same ballpark? All together, it works out to $560 CA or about $400 US.

Would really love to see one in action. Enrico has an old video talking about the OG Eliminator but no performance shots. :( Enrico!!! Show us some love and hit up FC with some bad ass double decker videos brotha! :rockon:

C-weed

looks like alot of moving parts that will want to break in my opinion.....belt driven???seems like a headache waiting to happen...

C-weed,

Poostuff

Please delete
looks like alot of moving parts that will want to break in my opinion.....belt driven???seems like a headache waiting to happen...
Come on dude is that an educated opinion? It’s not a sander, do yourself a favour research it a bit more. The previous models are the most reliable vapes I’ve ever purchased.

MGG

On the other side of the coin, I don't consider these vapes entirely reliable. I've experienced 2 previous sublimators noticeably lose heating power over time and also every sublimator seems to be calibrated differently with heater reaching different levels on the same setting.

Asides from that titanium will last forever. The electronics however and the heater itself I have found do eventually die.

Poostuff

Please delete
On the other side of the coin, I don't consider these vapes entirely reliable. I've experienced 2 previous sublimators noticeably lose heating power over time and also every sublimator seems to be calibrated differently with heater reaching different levels on the same setting.

Asides from that titanium will last forever. The electronics however and the heater itself I have found do eventually die.
I haven’t had any problems but no electronic devices last forever, the two I’ve bought are still going strong & have outlived all my other vapes.
For me personally this the most consistent & reliable vaporizer I’ve ever purchased.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom