StemPod by MPL

simba

@weedanwine
Recently read about potential issues of coils glowing hot when hitting a vape like the Stempod. Does anyone have any recommendations of which type/resistance of coils to use to avoid that issue?

simba,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAAA! (TM/FW7/OAB/CC-H&A)
Recently read about potential issues of coils glowing hot when hitting a vape like the Stempod. Does anyone have any recommendations of which type/resistance of coils to use to avoid that issue?

Its best to use 316 stainless steel, in a thick gauge, to avoid any glow, but the thing is also to set it up with proper temperature control, that way it would never ever glow...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BigJr48

simba

@weedanwine
Its best to use 316 stainless steel, in a thick gauge, to avoid any glow, but the thing is also to set it up with proper temperature control, that way it would never ever glow...

Already always using 316SS, but guess my gauge isn't thick enough. Was hoping people might just link some examples of ones they use, to give me something to go on.

I've never had great success with the Stempod in TC and the current mod I have it on is terrible for TC, so would need to buy something new for that.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAAA! (TM/FW7/OAB/CC-H&A)
Already always using 316SS, but guess my gauge isn't thick enough. Was hoping people might just link some examples of ones they use, to give me something to go on.

Sorry, I just don't think it's a very active thread, you'd probably have better luck elsewhere, or just searching through previous posts here and Reddit etc? I don't have one of these and I've never built my own coils so I can't really help you there

I've never had great success with the Stempod in TC and the current mod I have it on is terrible for TC, so would need to buy something new for that.

Okay I would definitely suggest getting a better mod, but you can also look into a better coil option, I bet Uncle Mark could help you out as he does these builds based off splinter and imp on Instagram, but you could also reach out to Alan@toasty-top.com to get one of his steel mesh spiral galaxy heaters like he uses in his iHeat, I got one of those to install in my Herbie and I see no reason it wouldn't work well as a heater in the StemPod, as long as you give Alan all of the size dimensions so it fits properly (could even just send him the stem pod?) Hit him up and see if he can help if interested...

simba

@weedanwine
Sorry, I just don't think it's a very active thread, you'd probably have better luck elsewhere, or just searching through previous posts here and Reddit etc? I don't have one of these and I've never built my own coils so I can't really help you there

Okay I would definitely suggest getting a better mod, but you can also look into a better coil option, I bet Uncle Mark could help you out as he does these builds based off splinter and imp on Instagram, but you could also reach out to Alan@toasty-top.com to get one of his steel mesh spiral galaxy heaters like he uses in his iHeat, I got one of those to install in my Herbie and I see no reason it wouldn't work well as a heater in the StemPod, as long as you give Alan all of the size dimensions so it fits properly (could even just send him the stem pod?) Hit him up and see if he can help if interested...

Thanks for the suggestions

moose_hunt

I am waiting for some 22g SS316L to come in stock but have a coil build I'm keen to try if someone else wants to make it?

It is 22 gauge twisted to about max tightness and then on something like 3-4mm jig (3.5mm to start try with) and 10 wraps at 0.2~ ohms. So this build would probably stretch out past the airholes to cover the entire build deck space. I am basing this off a similar build I did but with 24g instead of 22 this time. From my understanding it would perform better than standard 20g but it's mainly a matter of fitting the chunky coils in the build deck that would be the hardest part. Going to try this as soon as I can get some 22g wire so anyone want to try it out sooner? I don't think these coils will glow until the highest needed temps or barely at all hopefully.

As a comparison here are the steam-engine stats for the Tubo/Tetra/P80 coil (triple and quad coil are basically the same). So the 22g twisted build I got there seem's like it would be the same or greater surface area with greater heat potential just condensed into two instead of 3-4 coils but this is not including the borosillicate glass rods that are in the tubo/tetra. Maybe more hot spotting on the stempod? but can also turn the bowl which is great function.

Last edited:
moose_hunt,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom