• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

StemPod by MPL

Traveler

I wrapped the coil on a hex key, then mounted them to the deck andand trim the extra wire. Finally I put a smaller hex keybthroukeone of the coils and used a flatvhead screw driver to fan them out. Rinse and repeat.
Another good way is to wrap 2 wires in parallel, being careful to keep them side by side through the twists, when you slip the screwdriver/Allenkkey out the 2 wires will come apart, each one perfectly spaced.
Also keep in mind when wrapping coils, sometimes it's better to up the inner diameter of the coil instead of adding another wrap, they both accomplish the same thing, providing more wire to increase resistance

foggyent

How are you liking the new coils.?
So far the coils are working great. Nice clean thick vapor production with no glow.

Another good way is to wrap 2 wires in parallel, being careful to keep them side by side through the twists, when you slip the screwdriver/Allenkkey out the 2 wires will come apart, each one perfectly spaced.
Also keep in mind when wrapping coils, sometimes it's better to up the inner diameter of the coil instead of adding another wrap, they both accomplish the same thing, providing more wire to increase resistance

Thanks. Right now I am liking the 7.5 wrapped coils and my wife is getting sick of me changing things on the vape. Next time I make coils I will definitely give your method a try.

Zow237

Last edited:

LambsBreath

Also received my new Stempod (today) from the PIU OB sale. Here's my initial feedback after only some short usage:

This is my first experience with this type of vape and I'm quite impressed :tup:
Completely blown away actually!

Ran on a Pico75:
  • I used wattage mode @ 37w
  • Air vents somewhere about 1/4 open (or less)
I was able to achieve decent clouds pretty quickly, and EXCELLENT flavor! The vapor wasn't harsh or too hot. I continued to milk nice clouds, stirring twice throughout the bowl. Went back later for a second bowl and easily achieved the same results again. At one point slowing down my draw, I was getting such thick clouds I thought for sure I had to be combusting, but nope, checked and not a bit of dark abv, it was still half green actually!

Someone noted before "this thing is an absolute fucking beast" and I do agree! For me it was easy to use, first try, no fucking around with settings or anything on the mod really, just went straight to wattage 37w and begin pulling huge delicious vapor clouds. I had no combustion or weak vapor issues whatsoever. I couldn't be happier!:D

My technique was pretty simple:
  • Initial pre-heat for about 5 seconds.
  • Then begin a steady medium speed draw.
  • Release the fire button when I feel the heat or thick vapor coming on.
  • Continue to draw, re-firing if needed to complete the toke.
  • (Once warm pre-heat time is halved)
I was able to get good vapor with fairly short pulls, under 10 seconds.

In the end the ABV was fully and evenly browned, I didn't get to inspect it as well on the first bowl because I forgot to invert when I pulled the stem out...so the screen launched and it went everywhere. :doh:

Mine also had the strong Linseed Oil smell that was mentioned earlier, (apparently from what they treated the wood Stashpod with). The smell was contained only in the silicone sleeve, I removed the sleeve and problem solved. I'd like to see MPL offer some different color sleeves, I'm going to check for some 24-25mm silicone vape rings.

The Stempod is a precision made instrument, the machining and finishing are excellent and the wood Stashpod is absolutely beautiful. Good to see a set of spare coils were included (hidden in the stashpod's secret stash compartment) it would have been nice if they would have also include a spare mouthpiece stem, its kind of thin glass and if it breaks you're pretty much S.O.L. if you don't have a spare or water setup.

The only complaint I have so far (and I read this before): There needs to be a way to lock down the airflow adjustment: In the few sessions I had with it I had to re-adjust several times, it kept getting moved because it spins too easy, this happens when I grabbed the Stempod to remove the stem for stirring.

I know some reported they didn't have the problem with theirs, but for the record I do have the issue with mine. A better system probably would've been a separate air-control "ring" attached to the base around the vents (separate from the removable tube) like lot of the RTA tanks have, then it wouldn't be an issue when grabbing the main body.

Next for me:
  • Try in TCR mode
  • Install ArticFox on the Pico
  • New mod for myevic and cruise (just ordered)
Bravo MPL/ @supershredderdan ! :bowdown:

Last edited:

LambsBreath

Day Two Update...

Playin around with draw speed vs firing time I was finally able to combust a bit, but I could barely find the dark spot in the abv. I suppose the "sweet spot" temperature for cloud production is just prior to combustion.

Here's some observations I've noticed during my limited usage (YMMV):
  • In wattage mode, you control the results by variation of draw speed and firing time.
  • Use "heat sensing" to control it, when you feel heat rising up from the stem - at a certain point you'll release the fire button, or increase draw speed. Then re-fire or reduce draw to re-heat as needed to maintain an even temp.
  • Use either one or both of these actions to maintain your "sweet spot" temperature.
  • It's very efficient and potent, gets me fully medicated on one or two bowls - only .1g-.2g!
I slightly mushroomed the screen basket so it stays in place in the stem, it's way easier to use, load & clean now.

I tried TCR mode on the Pico (native firmware) no luck there, started at the recommend settings and went up to the recommended max, never got any visible vapor. It was going into temp protect after a second or two unless you're drawing on it. I'll have to screw around with it a bit and try and figure out what I'm doin wrong with the settings.

But in wattage mode I can still get beastly clouds, in fact several times again after exhaling a huge vapor cloud I wondered if I had combusted (nope!) I'm looking forward to getting TC mode rolling properly and letting the mod do most of the work.

The air flow setting thing is getting to be a major PITA, maybe some thicker O-rings?

Sorry for the long, successive posts (Don't worry I won't update daily!) Can anyone tell I'm excited? :D

Last edited:

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
I am using a SMOK X-PRIV and loving it
I cant lie this has become my favorite vape, Previous the only portable vape that gave me this good of results was the grasshopper i still have 2 broken down i need to send in, i wish this vape was out first so i wouldnt have spent the xtra cash, i am still learning as this take some time to really master but i friggen love this vape, being able to rebuild it for couple bucks or less is awesome, the vape quality is great, i did mess up and ordeded the 4 coil vape too did not realize its the same deck just with 4 coil instead of 2. I only ever got this good of vape from mt e-nano and Silver Surfer with an LSV Heater cover with a GG SS stem and hat screen. I cant lie bong hits are not as good for me on this vape as the SS and Nano but i think i just nees some more time with it..this is my first experience using a ecig MOD but i am a quick learner and almost have this thing dialed in ite frekin awesome vape and so damn simple really, one thing i found 2 GG pieces that fit air tight with out the o ring, others are a bit too llong and rest on the sceen but ima try a 19mm stem Frosted glass sohuld fit snug, i broke one of the 2 GG stems i had that fit air tight W/O the o ring those broke rather fast like in a week( the o ring).. mine did not come with a spare o ring, but non the less i love this vape great job...

pr
i did pretty much the same thing

Last edited by a moderator:

LambsBreath

More feedback on my experience so far with the StemPod...

I finally got temp control working and have been going back and forth between it and wattage mode, results have been across the board in both... - no vapor - thin vapor - thick vapor - combustion - So a bit frustrating.

It appears I'm now just scratching the surface of mod settings and the learning curve involved to nail down a sweet spot and technique to make this a daily driver.

I'll to try to install ArcticFox on the old Pico and see if that helps until my Wismec Reuleaux RX2 21700 arrives. Yeah my excitement has weaned just a bit, but I'm confident the new mod will be a game changer.

To add to my observations in my previous post: Adjusting the air flow basically works the same way as regulating your draw speed:
  • Less air-flow (or slower draw) raises temp
  • More air-flow (or faster draw) lowers temp
It's still a love-hate relationship for me with the air-flow adjustment, it's great to be able to adjust but again, there needs a way to lock it down, maybe a thumb screw/set screw? It's getting more frustrating the more I use it.

Another observation: The stainless is quite a bit heavy, I'm surprised there's isn't a Titanium version.

:peace:

Traveler

I finally got temp control working and have been going back and forth between it and wattage mode, results have been across the board in both... - no vapor - thin vapor - thick vapor - combustion - So a bit frustrating.

It appears I'm now just scratching the surface of mod settings and the learning curve involved to nail down a sweet spot and technique to make this a daily driver.

I'll to try to install ArcticFox on the old Pico and see if that helps until my Wismec Reuleaux RX2 21700 arrives. Yeah my excitement has weaned just a bit, but I'm confident the new mod will be a game changer.

To add to my observations in my previous post: Adjusting the air flow basically works the same way as regulating your draw speed:
It's still a love-hate relationship for me with the air-flow adjustment, it's great to be able to adjust but again, there needs a way to lock it down, maybe a thumb screw/set screw? It's getting more frustrating the more I use it.

Another observation: The stainless is quite a bit heavy, I'm surprised there's isn't a Titanium version.

You can try putting some dental floss under the orings that hold the body on, perhaps the increased tightness will help lock in the airflow position

foggyent

I have found that the way I pack the stem has a major impact on the vapor. For me I pack the stem as loose as possible without tamping it down at all. The more a tamp down the stem the less vapor I get.

LambsBreath

You can try putting some dental floss under the orings that hold the body on, perhaps the increased tightness will help lock in the airflow position
Thanks, good idea! Strangely it's not bothering me as much anymore, I think I'm getting more used to it.

For me the best airflow results have been totally open airflow BUT very slow inhalations. I get more even vaporization and dense vapor.
Thanks so much for this! I'm also getting more even vaporization and dense vapor, it's helped tremendously and brought back consistency. Also using this as a starting point for experimentation.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Used my Stempod and Splinter-Z exclusively for a week in Jamaica :) ... worked quite nicely! (especially considering mediocre cannabis! :lol: )

LambsBreath

Received my new Reuleaux 21700 mod yesterday and wow it made a world of difference! Better vapor, less combustion and smoother more consistent results in TCR.

It’s a real nice mod - it features an adjustable timeout up to 15 seconds, and a pre-heat function (haven’t tried it yet)
Plus much longer run time from the 21700's (8000mAh total) and it's smaller than I thought it would be.
The way this is working in TCR mode I may not bother with the my-surevic firmware upgrade, at least for a while.

Just for shits & giggles I decided to try an Arizer Air/Solo 3D Flow Cooling Stem, and I got pretty good results - thick, tasty, very cool vapor. Also tried the Arizer Bubbler with similar results. Both stems are from Puff It Up.

SP-w-Solo-3-D-Flow-336-x-448.jpg
SP-w-Solo-Bubbler-336-x-448.jpg

I cut a silicone vape band to wrap around the stems as a temporary O-ring. I did find some smaller silicone bands at fasttech that should fit well, I’ll be adding some to my CNY order. (fasttech CNY sale 15% off site-wide for 1 more day!)
Ill also have to look around for some regular silicone O-rings.

Now I'm not recommending or suggesting anyone buy one of these for their SP, unless you're already using a similar type stem, these don't have the usual joint-type end that you're suppose to use, and I'm still pretty much in the testing stages. I'm only trying them because I had them and they worked. Links if anyone's curious:

The 3D stem has a built-in glass screen with 4 holes, I tried placing a concentrate pad inside up at the glass screen to prevent clogging and make the load smaller for fuller extraction, it worked but it’s a bit too thick.

I did notice these similar bent cooling stems from the Tubo/Lamart site:
http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=364

It's real nice but they're currently out, hopefully they get restocked but I'd prefer the curved part didn't extend as far like the Arizer 3D Flow. I wish MPL would make a bent cooling stem like that.

I used the red vape bands on the outside of the Stempod because my original sleeve had a bad odor from the stashpod box stain, and I happened to have those. But I'm keeping them on now because they're way more"grippy" and a lot thicker, so better for the heat too.
<><><><><><><><><><>​

Is there a bubbler with a regular 18mm joint people are using? I did find this one for the Splinter:
https://www.vaposhop.de/vaporizer-zubehor/rbt-splinter-kuehl-mundstueck/

Also found this one for the Solo, I really like it because of the bend, looks like it could be used on the SP with an 18m to 18m adapter:

Last edited:

LambsBreath

Can always try the fury dosing caps in the arizer stems too
Hey thanks! I was already waiting to get one of the S&B dosing caps from my buddy to try under the 3D stem. Didn't know about the Fury ones or that they fit into the Solo stems, they look pretty good!

Only thing they appear pretty deep, one problem I was having with the Solo stems is incomplete extraction of herbs towards the inside of the stem, so I was looking to shorten the load. There are measurements listed so I'll have to check that later. I see they also have the concentrate pads that should fit as well.

Plus there's a bent cooling stem for the Fury that could work the same, has the same dimpling as the Solo 3D stem but has a wider mouth-end, kind of looks shorter in height too, not sure:

https://www.puffitup.com/Healthy-Rips-Fury-2-3D-Flow-Glass-Mouthpiece-p/qctq.fury2-3d_flo.htm

Last edited:
LambsBreath,

LambsBreath

Super cheap Ebay option bubbler mouthpiece. I have one and it does fit .plus the rubber base it comes with fits oil carts in it too(bonus) haven't tried it yet but I ended up liking it dry when I used it with my pax 2. Looks like I can throw I small screen in and pack it like the cooling stem with the basket screen as a plug.
Nice find! So it fits snug in there with the stock o-ring?

What do you mean by "basket screen as a plug" ?

LambsBreath,

LambsBreath

s2TkhP6.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/ymv01Kq you can pack the whole area above the basket screen(works really well with the cooling mouthpiece) and yea fits flush but slightly looser than the stock mouthpiece

Modnote: Edited to display image
So if I understand correct, you're not filling the basket screen itself, you're filling the larger area between the screen and bubbler?

Sorry I don't follow...what did you mean by "works really well with the cooling mouthpiece" ?

What is the cooling mouthpiece? and what works well with it? the basket screens?

LambsBreath,

A7XFREAK674

@a7xVapes
So if I understand correct, you're not filling the basket screen itself, you're filling the larger area between the screen and bubbler?

Sorry I don't follow...what did you mean by "works really well with the cooling mouthpiece" ?

What is the cooling mouthpiece? and what works well with it? the basket screens?

Yes I fill the area above the basket screen and I meant this method of packing works well with the cooling stem listed on the modpodlabs store. https://modpodlabs.com/product/cooling-stem/

A7XFREAK674,
Top Bottom