StemPod by MPL

almost there

OK, I'll check it out. Thanks again for pushing. ;)

EDIT: OK, guys.... again, can't say thanks enough for pushing. TCR was at 360. Now, at 275 it is working 10 zillion times better.

Still stinks like the south end of a horse walking north but.... we march forward onto success and fulfillment. LOL

Thanks again. I'll report more later.

Can't say it enough ;)

You can try the recommendations given or just wait the 10 to 14 days before the smell fades completely. The smell was pretty terrible, since no one else mentioned it I just thought it was normal. As you mentioned it didn’t affect the flavor in the vapor but it just reeks. Thankfully it does go away eventually and I don’t notice it at all now.

Awesome. It's good to know the smell will go away.

I am getting inconsistent results. On rare occasion I get a nice hit but, most other times, I hyperventilate or just get a hit of low temp terps and no vapor.

Couple questions... can I use it with the intakes completely closed?

How do I get a more robust hit? Increase TCR or temp or watts?

Thanks

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The SP is a 25mm deck so we don't have much more space, but I feel I gotta get a 6-wrap build done right for my next build.

That's plenty of space! The Project is much smaller for instance. And most of my custom attys are based on 22mm or 23mm (outer diameter) RDA's. At first I played with larger ones but I found that the higher mass of stainless steel robbed too much heat... plus not SBS compatible and al.

Although with escribe, it's still not that user-friendly for everyone? Also, for DNA chips / escribe to be lacking PID control is pretty weak, IMO.

I think they have a similar feedback based closed loop control system under the hood, it's just that they don't expose the PID coefficients. And honestly it's not necessarily a bad thing, it's damn hard to tune!

I think they just work. Same for my SmoAnt. Never had to tweak anything, just entered a TCR value and it regulates properly. No overshoot, smooth variation of the power output.

Obviously, getting TC to work is already super complicated for most non tech-savvy users, and not all of us enjoy tweaking gazillions of parameters (being a geek myself I don't mind, but I understand why some people prefer to have less control instead of more)

OK, I am milkin' this muther fuker now. Been working on it most of last night and this morning.

Odd, unlike most vapes that seem to like a soft draw, I find the harder you draw on this one, the more robust the hit.

I turned the heat up to 420F (just love that number) and closed the intake completely and suck like a whore..... damn, nice.

Opening the intake a tiny itty bitty bit makes for a cooler, better tasting hit but is considerably less robust.

Sure goes through a battery fast. Still stinks like ass but getting better by the moment.

I so much love this case. I would like to enlarge the hole that is designed for the extra screen so it is big enough to snugly hold the glass mouthpiece. Then, I can use the hole where the glass piece currently goes to put a pot stash. Now, all I'll need is my MPL box and a couple box mods for the evening out.

Question: Is there any way to secure the outer sleeve so I can fix the air intake so it won't move? I like the air intake to be fixed in place. Plus, I hate when I go to pull the glass mouthpiece out and the entire sleeve comes off.

Thanks again to those of you who walked me through this with patience. ;)

jardri

Vapor Dreams
While I am waiting for my stempod to arrive i am reading information about coils and mods but I have a question: Which is the most reliable coil found so far?

Also the only mod I have is an Ijoy Captain pd1865 that a friend has given me. Will it be good enough for the pod? I have never used an ecig before so i am going blind on this one

jardri,
I ditto the question on a recommended box mod. This thing chews through my iStick pretty fast.

I am looking at the Wismecs Reuleaux RX300W with 4 batteries.

TNT_error

While I am waiting for my stempod to arrive i am reading information about coils and mods but I have a question: Which is the most reliable coil found so far?

Also the only mod I have is an Ijoy Captain pd1865 that a friend has given me. Will it be good enough for the pod? I have never used an ecig before so i am going blind on this one

Coils you will have to experiment with. There's a lot of customizing with different coils. The stock are nice, simple 6 wrap claptons. The bigger the coil the more power it needs.

As for mods, you should focus on the chip (dna, yihi, vo tech, etc) since we're dealing with TC/tcr. Those chips can be a bit pricey, but are top notch. For something legit in both price and firmware, I'd suggest a joyetech or wismec and running it with the tubo firmware. Very simple and effective .I personally don't really trust ijoy products.

I am looking at the Wismecs Reuleaux RX300W with 4 batteries.

Is that a good choice in regard to the chip I want?

Hackerman,

HerbieVonVapster

@Hackerman glad see your starting to enjoy this device. Hang in there you’re getting great advice and worth the efforts.
Camping so weak cell signal ....but things worth checking out would be both the mod selection and custom firmware threads on fc.
Are you pluseing power because you running out of puff time? FJ and sur_evic have a cruise where it that’s not needed.

HerbieVonVapster,

TNT_error

You guys should check vape.deals everyday or so. They post deals on everything from wires/juice/atties/mods. You'd be surprised to see the prices on some of these top mods.
I've found websites that sell mainly juice always have cheap prices on their mods .It'll make vas go crazy, but who cares lol

sickmanfraud

Question: Is there any way to secure the outer sleeve so I can fix the air intake so it won't move? I like the air intake to be fixed in place. Plus, I hate when I go to pull the glass mouthpiece out and the entire sleeve comes off.

@supershredderdan he makes a good point. Maybe a hex nut in the outer sleeve that can lock the amount of air one wants with their hit and it would seem to me to be safer (can't pull out stem and take the top with it exposing the coils)

I am looking at the Wismecs Reuleaux RX300W with 4 batteries.[/

I bought this one on Aliexpress but it has not been delivered yet :https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...128.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6c194c4d69T7wM

sickmanfraud,

Dubmonkey

Big thanks to @HerbieVonVapster for sharing his dna 250c paranormal file. Loaded it up and was nice and easy. Elected for,the stempod profile and tried 380F, 390F. 420F. Got some vapor at 420F but nothing thick and abv looks still on green side. Adjusting air flow and draw speeds makes it hard to repeat success. Still experimenting.

Dubmonkey,
I am looking for the best box for the StemPod and I'm comparing the following...... 2 units with 2 batteries each vs 1 unit with 4 batteries.

This StemPod takes a lot of juice and I am wondering if a 400w unit will make the StemPod perform BETTER than a 200w unit? Or, just LONGER?

I would rather have 2 smaller units that I can swap out instead of 1 large unit.

Will the 400w be better or just longer than a 200w?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hackerman,

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
I am looking for the best box for the StemPod and I'm comparing the following...... 2 units with 2 batteries each vs 1 unit with 4 batteries.

Wattage seems to be directly related to the number of batteries. 200w have 2, 300w has 3 and so on. At least looking at the Wismec's it seems this way.

This StemPod takes a lot of juice and I am wondering if a 400w unit will make the StemPod perform BETTER than a 200w unit? Or, just LONGER?

I would rather have 2 smaller units that I can swap out instead of 1 large unit.

Will the 400w be better or just longer than a 200w?

Thanks

You're really not pushing more than about 50 watts to the StemPod, so the wattage doesn't matter after a certain point. The additional batteries will provide longer battery life, that's about it for our use.

HerbieVonVapster

You're really not pushing more than about 50 watts to the StemPod, so the wattage doesn't matter after a certain point. The additional batteries will provide longer battery life, that's about it for our use.

The new clapton coils XL calls for a 2 cell 65-85 watt mod. So depending on the coils used 50 watts may be too low.

Just something to keep in mind.
I use a 1 cell wismec sinuous p80 for travel. But in general prefer the DNA mods. The stempod really runs great on the dna250c I use the lost vape paranormal dna250c.

Anything that can run FJ or sur_evic is a nice option for the cruise feature.

Some good advice on this thread.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...ing-for-on-demand-convection-510-vapes.25465/

I just bought one. 80w with a 5000mAh battery. Under 40 bux. ELeaf iStick Power

Still looking at some Wismec models. I bought the eLeaf from Eleafusa.com. Looking at eBay for the Wismec. I don't see a USA sponsor here that sells mods. Love to be buying these from puffitup.com

Thanks again for all the help. My battery is all charged up and I am running bowl after bowl through this thing. The stem is getting pretty gunky.

Still need to dial in the hit. A little harsh. Still smells like ass..... but a smaller, somewhat cleaner ass. Still pulls off the sleeve when I pull the stem.

Overall, pretty sweet (thanks to you guys). :)

almost there

Still looking at some Wismec models. I bought the eLeaf from Eleafusa.com. Looking at eBay for the Wismec. I don't see a USA sponsor here that sells mods. Love to be buying these from puffitup.com

Thanks again for all the help. My battery is all charged up and I am running bowl after bowl through this thing. The stem is getting pretty gunky.

Still need to dial in the hit. A little harsh. Still smells like ass..... but a smaller, somewhat cleaner ass. Still pulls off the sleeve when I pull the stem.

Overall, pretty sweet (thanks to you guys). :)

https://www.elementvape.com/wismec-reuleaux-rx300-tc-box-mod?enter=true

These folks provide excellent CS and they’re US based. Had an issue with a mod, sent it back, received a replacement within a week

TNT_error

Google

TNT_error,
Reactions: Summer

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Hackerman Make sure you load FJ software,cause the stock software has a bug which involves draining of the one of the cells more than the others, when voltage difference between cells is less than 0.3 it blocks operation.There is fix on github which FJ weaved into the TUBOsoftware and totally fixed this issue. With it you can still do on demand,pulsing or whatever you can do with the stock software.
I have the RX300 for some time,and i advise you to get a heatsink 510,and to leave it on the mod permanently, this way you will avoid damaging its 510 connection which PIA to fix. It can happen with the constant screwing on and off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom