Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
It's consistent as long as you draw consistently, which I think most of us do naturally. But in all cases, all convection vapes lack a crucial element for proper temperature control: either measuring the temperature at the load and not at the heater, or having a mean of measuring the air flow speed.

That being said, I've been a strong TC advocate from the start. Setup properly it basically prevents you from ever combusting. It's much easier to use when it works right, no mental counting, no button feathering, just push to play.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That being said, I've been a strong TC advocate from the start. Setup properly it basically prevents you from ever combusting. It's much easier to use when it works right, no mental counting, no button feathering, just push to play.
And in the end that is exactly why I prefer it. It allows be to go high enough to get most of the goodness, without risking combustion. THAT is the unicorn I am hunting.
I wear this helmet while searching so I don't scare them...
Helmut.png

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Not so much. With any new Splinter you can just accept the cold ohms reading from whatever mod you put it on and tweak from there if it's a little hot or cold for your purposes. Or if you'd rather start from the typical ranges for a V1, V2, or Z that also works really well.

That's true. But someone here on fc in another TCR discussion pointed out, this readings from the mod/chip itself are not accurate enough to use the for real good TCR settings. I:ll have a look, maybe I#ll find the post :)

Alex3oe,

RxPlorer

What’s the difference between the v2 and the v2 Z? Sorry to be asking the basic questions.... I can’t make sense of the differences when looking at the rbt website.

RxPlorer,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
But, but , but, who doesn't love Unicorns? Aren't we ALL on a search for Unicorns?

Anyway, I, and I imagine most people who want to use TC mode, don't really care if 375 on the display corresponds accurately with 375° of temperature. What _I_ am looking for is for 375 on the display to provide roughly the same temperature every time I choose it. It isn't accuracy I want, it is consistency. And the DNA chip mod I use is WAY better than my RX 2/3 at doing that. With the RX I find myself using wattage and using it more like I use my Milaana with ramping temps. This works fine and I use it this way, but I prefer the DNA mod and the ability to get more consistent results.

You are after precision, but it's not much more help than accuracy. True consistency is not so easily achieved. There many other variables, such as strain, how dense the load is, how damp it is, how much you've hit it already, how long you draw, how hard you draw... you get the picture. Fortunately for us, perfect consistency isn't required. Remember the ballpark?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
That's true. But someone here on fc in another TCR discussion pointed out, this readings from the mod/chip itself are not accurate enough to use the for real good TCR settings. I:ll have a look, maybe I#ll find the post :)
Do you have a Z you're still trying to get dialed in? If you share the mod, firmware, and settings you're using we can probably help.

Getting a true or accurate measure of resistance isn't something I care about since performance is what matters and that one setting is such a rewarding way to bring about whatever change you want to see from your usable wattage or TC range.

Hammahead

Good shout... IV got a regular splinter and a z, and also have a DNA mod with TCR all setup, but I only ever use wattage mode
Same here - until I based Herbies TC profiles on his later material files, which he named cool, warm and hot. "Cool" at 180-190°C does it best form me, but as Ryan said, no two splinters are exactly alike so it may take some playing around here which combination to choose. That was a complete game-changer for me and I never look back to watt mode. It's a bit less quick to produce big clouds than watt mode but I never ever combust and have super predictable performance. I rotate the mouthpiece 1/4 each toke and have no dark spots and complete extraction without stirring.

david8613

I brought a bunch of mods to test out with my splinter Z when she comes in, I just got notification she shipped out today, Yay! It will be here Thursday. What I don't keep I will post in classifieds so be on the look out guys. I guess I'm looking for that unicorn too! Who doesn't like unicorns?

Hammahead

I brought a bunch of mods to test out with my splinter Z when she comes in, I just got notification she shipped out today, Yay! It will be here Thursday. What I don't keep I will post in classifieds so be on the look out guys. I guess I'm looking for that unicorn too! Who doesn't like unicorns?

That's some explorer spirit right here! The second to the right looks neat, what is it? Have fun rocking that splinter!

Hammahead,

david8613

Thank you,, yeah I kind of always over do it, I have to see if I like it or not for myself regardless of reviews. From left to right.
Mini volt, voopoo mini drag, smoant charon, squid industries double barrel, voopoo x217, vaporesso gen, wesmic dna 200.

I honestly like the voopoo x217, its gaudy in a cool way, it has carbon fiber accents, gun metal trim, some wierd swirly design on the back, and it has this huge color screen with breathing led lights that changes colors, looks like a fun one. Feels good in hand too.

david8613,

dzunk

any advice regarding travel case? i would like to put my wismec rx3, splinter and one short or long stem in it.

dzunk,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thank you,, yeah I kind of always over do it, I have to see if I like it or not for myself regardless of reviews. From left to right.
Mini volt, voopoo mini drag, smoant charon, squid industries double barrel, voopoo x217, vaporesso gen, wesmic dna 200.

I honestly like the voopoo x217, its gaudy in a cool way, it has carbon fiber accents, gun metal trim, some wierd swirly design on the back, and it has this huge color screen with breathing led lights that changes colors, looks like a fun one. Feels good in hand too.
Send me that squid double barrel if it doesn't make the cut. I'm more of a TC splinter but if I'm stuck with wattage I like the idea of just a knob.

RxPlorer

AFAIK, the Z's a 22mm joint length while the Splinter is 19mm.

Is there a noticeable performance difference? Bigger must be better, right?? Right? Haha

Being a light user, is there any reason I should or shouldn’t go for the v2 Z over the regular splinter? My check boxes are flavor, low temp efficiency, and quick occasional on-demand use. Clearly getting the best convection experience means giving up stealth and portability, so the larger size of the z it ain’t no thang

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Is there a noticeable performance difference? Bigger must be better, right?? Right? Haha

Being a light user, is there any reason I should or shouldn’t go for the v2 Z over the regular splinter? My check boxes are flavor, low temp efficiency, and quick occasional on-demand use. Clearly getting the best convection experience means giving up stealth and portability, so the larger size of the z it ain’t no thang
Ideally you want one of each since the Z is capable of the best flavor while the Splinter is quicker to heat up. I'd recommend a V2 and a ZV2.

I was thinking the same thing :lol:
I remembered why I didn't want to fuck with a double barrel: no micro usb.

I'm spoiled by having several dna mods of varying quality and I prefer to charge my batteries in the device rather than always popping them out and using my four bay Opus charger.

Last edited:

jbm

I’d be interested in the Wismec.

jbm,

david8613

Ideally you want one of each since the Z is capable of the best flavor while the Splinter is quicker to heat up. I'd recommend a V2 and a ZV2.

I remembered why I didn't want to fuck with a double barrel: no micro usb.

I'm spoiled by having several dna mods of varying quality and I prefer to charge my batteries in the device rather than always popping them out and using my four bay Opus charger.

I sold my splinter to get the "Z" I might have to pick up a splinter again, I miss her :cry:. still waiting on my "Z" should home today!

I will definitely keep you guys posted on the mods, I will know by next week for sure, you will see the ones I don't keep in the classifieds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom