Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuzko

Just placed my order for a Purple Heart Z.
zph-2T.jpg

Went with Purpleheart also. Can’t wait!

Lazy Lighting

I literally stocked up on XL8Rs in anticipation of this day.

I have been using an older splinter before Ryan changed the fitting size. Do we know which size he intends to use? And do the XL8Rs use the older longer size or new one with the shorter profile?
Thanks!

Lazy Lighting,

money2

Has it been made clear what the fitting size is for Z Vs splinter which we know has been downsized and is now incompatible with prior glassware?

Does anyone know if all xl8r orders from the last restock were cancelled?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey all,

I've had the Splinter Z for a few weeks now, just need to say this thing is an absolute fucking beast. Mine is the 2 hole (haven't been following, not sure what's standard). Average draw restriction, not free flowing but not uncomfortable. I love the reduced airflow from the Milaana and Zion as it just makes getting vape clouds so incredibly easy. Most of the time I use my Zion, I hold my finger over the intake to reduce airflow.

Side by side, the heater of the Zion and Splinter Z should be identical. But the Z has the power of a box mod behind it with reduced airflow for thicker clouds and better flavor. I would say it is stronger than the Zion. I do believe this is probably the strongest portable I've used. I've done some tests where I pull at like 80% draw speed, nearly as fast as I can, and the Splinter Z is still pushing out vapor. It is pretty ridiculous how fat the clouds get. Very comparable to hard hitting desktop vapes, as most of RBT vapes are.

Also something I've noticed is there is more threading I believe so it screws on more, but at the end it doesn't really lock into place like the Splinter did. This is good because unscrewing needed some more oomph which is what would probably dislodge the glass easier. Now it is much easier on that initial turn to unscrew. Should preserve it longer.

I have no need for stealth, the size is not an issue for me. The wood and overall construction is very impressive. Every vape I've gotten from RBT gets more and more impressive. Not sure how this man always manages to one-up what I thought to be an already incredible vape in terms of not only appearance/build, but also performance.

Every thing Ryan learned over the years, all the improvements starting from the OG Milaana with its average build quality to the most up to date Milaanas which are an absolute beauty, to the critiques in performance and airflow, to everything learned from fuckin around with Splinters, Ryan managed to take all that knowledge and throw it into a beautifully crafted device with a massive heater for an absolute wrecking ball of a vape.

Thanks a lot Ryan for the opportunity to test. Absolutely phenomenal job with this vape.

Few videos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm_fcoYl4I3/?hl=en&taken-by=ajs_fc_ <-- pretty solid rip

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnCD19-ljUf/?hl=en&taken-by=ajs_fc_ <-- absolutely insane rip

Anyone who ordered...get stoked. Anyone on the fence...get ordered to get stoked.

2j5nu5i.jpg

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

Since the Splinter Z uses a Zion heater which IIRC is more powerful than the Splinter/milaana does it need more power?

How does battery life compare between the two Splinter models?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thanks! And how is it compared to the regular Splinter?
Fatter heater = fatter hits. Unless you need the stealth I see really no reason to prefer it over the Z unless you want the smaller heater for a slightly faster heatup.

Since the Splinter Z uses a Zion heater which IIRC is more powerful than the Splinter/milaana does it need more power?

How does battery life compare between the two Splinter models?
Ryan recommended a higher Wattage. Keep in mind because the heater is bigger, the cold air coming in has less effect, meaning the actual temp of the heater can be slightly lower and still be able to produce clouds due to the massive surface area. If the heater was tiny, cold air would have more impact so a higher temp would be necessary to maintain vaping temp. With that said though, because there is more surface area more power is needed to get there or at least initially to spread the heat.

Well, I just got my Splinter and.... I'm sold. This puppy just put the StemPod in the 'I'll never use it again' drawer. That drawer is getting awfully damn full. LOL

The 'manual' suggested wattage mode. Mine is working great at 30w. Is TCR mode better?

In anticipation of enjoying this even more, are there places to buy stems and accessories other than what's available on Ryans web site? I think I remember reading someone called Allen???? that makes this special stem.

Thanks to all who recommended the Splinter. Jumping right out of the box.... it sure seems like a clear winner.

Thanks again

kuzko

I have been using an older splinter before Ryan changed the fitting size. Do we know which size he intends to use? And do the XL8Rs use the older longer size or new one with the shorter profile?
Thanks!

I have been informed by RBT CS rep Stephanie that the Splinter Z joint is the same 19/22 that the Milaana and older Splinters use so it is compatible with older stems.

Only the new Splinters have the new joint in order to keep the form factor smaller and reduce clearance from heater.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Well, I just got my Splinter and.... I'm sold. This puppy just put the StemPod in the 'I'll never use it again' drawer. That drawer is getting awfully damn full. LOL
Did you get the Splinter, or the Splinter Z?

I've been using Wattage mode over tcr. Both are fun and offer their own unique style.

AJS,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I have been informed by RBT CS rep Stephanie that the Splinter Z joint is the same 19/22 that the Milaana and older Splinters use so it is compatible with older stems.

Only the new Splinters have the new joint in order to keep the form factor smaller and reduce clearance from heater.
Awesome, this is music to my ears. I was resolved to only having a couple stems for the Splinter Z, but now all of my RBT and Tubo stems are still compatible. :rockon:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Would love to try one of these some day, but who knows when it will be in the cards for me... I suppose it makes sense to go with this over the regular Splinter, even less sure I will ever get to try both... A new Milaana2 would probably be better for me out and about, so I guess the Z would make sense for me at home... Though to be fair my Zions and Milaanas still work more than fine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom