Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I love wand hash!

:wave: Me too!!!!!

I've stated before, I find that wand hash is easier and quicker to collect than keif from a grinder. So I add my grinder to the wash list. It adds a bit of tackiness to the oil, making it much easier to handle.

What I wanna know is how do you people load your oil/hash without getting some on ya?

Breathemetal

:wave: Me too!!!!!

I've stated before, I find that wand hash is easier and quicker to collect than keif from a grinder. So I add my grinder to the washing list. It adds a bit of tackiness to the oil, making it much easier to handle.

What I wanna know is how do you people load your oil/hash without getting some on ya?

I use a slightly scooped gold letter opener, i use it to help scrape and load it into my wand hash jar. I use it to load into the bowl as well. I like mixing mine with the herb

Breathemetal,

musicislifeforme

Hello all SSV enthusiasts!

Been lurking the forums for the past few weeks, and have come to the conclusion that the SSV is the vaporizer for me. I have gone through most of this forum, and forgive me I have missed where it mentioned, but I am looking to buy a SSV for the right price. Where should I go about looking for a possibly used SSV or new, but still fully functional, at a good price? I know on the website they sell "blemished" SSV's at a fraction of cost, but I was wondering if there is anywhere else I can search for SSV's at a solid price.

Thanks
Matt

musicislifeforme,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

gattosauro

Does anybody have any hint for me, related to my post? Am I doing it wrong or there's something wrong with my unit / heater cover - wand connection? :huh:

gattosauro,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Anyone know of a good one hit technique? Looking to save some time getting medicated
The first hit in a wand vape, is not usually the best.....
it pulls moisture, and sets the trichs up for their soon to come demolition.
to save time with an SSV< set yourself up... always keep a clean wand too!
When walking away from the SSV....
with wand emptied, and somewhat clean
clean-1.jpg

............scraped of debris

.. fill empty wand 1/3 of the way,
and do a half assed hit, just enough to taste the fresh.
Clear tube by inhaling, and then while still warm, give the "load" a lift and stir....
And put the wand away for the next time....
Photoon2011-05-04at1853.jpg

..propped up to avoid spillage

Now when you come to get the hit, just turn the heat a "hair" over where you keep it all day long.............
exhale big....
and start slow.. keep eyes open, with slow start it will heat fast, then... go--->
Inhale as long as you can.
If lungs do well the vapor will thin toward the end of your hit.
It is fun.
Go on try it.
Uncle Vito does it!

Bat Norman

Does anybody have any hint for me, related to my post? Am I doing it wrong or there's something wrong with my unit / heater cover - wand connection? :huh:

I use mine with budder and wand hash all the time so bubble hash shouldn't be a problem.
I have a different heater cover but I thought the connection between your HC and wand should be pretty air tight so that might be your problem. Plus my heating element is only a few mm from the top so yours seem a bit low.
But as I said I have a different setup so maybe someone with the standard HC and wand could chime in.

Bat Norman,

dos equis

Hey guys!

Very tempting to get this vape. Does anyone know a good place where you can get the 220V version? I already have a US110V-EU220V plug adapter but after mailing 7th Floor I have the impression that the units themselves are different voltage and not 110V-220V, that is correct?`

Also, how is cleaning this thing? Do you need to do it often, and is it difficult?

Hope you don't mind the questions, thanks a lot for any answers! :)

dos equis,

dos equis

@dos equis, If it's a step-down voltage adapter, I think it would work just fine with a US110v ssv.
Not a voltage adapter, just a physical adapter for the type of plug so that US110v plugs fit into EU220v sockets. I'm using it on my Arizer Solo, where both the charger and power adapter has a US110v plug, but they both support 110v-220v.

Thanks for the tips Vitolo, will check out that video. :)

dos equis,

Unconnected

I do find the SSV goes through screens like nothing, i change screens every about 2-3 days my old exq was like once every 6 months...but its not a problem i just buy a lot of screens...

Unconnected,

PhillyFanatic

I do find the SSV goes through screens like nothing, i change screens every about 2-3 days my old exq was like once every 6 months...but its not a problem i just buy a lot of screens...

Soak your screens in %91 alcohol back to brand new in 5 mins and make sure your screens are rounded and not flat when placed into the wand. Read the thread and you will have your answers.

PhillyFanatic,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
My screens usually require a bit of elbow grease to get 100% clean.

I find dental tools, like a tooth brush or a easy brush cleaner, work good for getting into all them small holes of a screen.

Tweak,

L o s

Happy New Year, Surfers!

Brand new SSV owner. It was a Christmas present so I've had it for about a week. Does anyone else preload the wand bowl with AVB and then put fresh herb over it? This allows me to only use a little bit of fresh stuff yet still have enough material in there to allow even heating. In my limited experience I've found that you need to get the herb close enough to the heating element to cook it thoroughly. Usually a pinch on its own doesn't get close enough.

Is this a viable method or am I just wasting my time?

L o s,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I had my ssv packed away for a bit cause it takes up to much room for my liking. I have never had issues toasting the herb with it at the bottom of the wand. I know you are all doing the mods now but for me I think that would make the herb to hot and more harsh. I have a ground glass, stick it in take a hit and remove and clear the tube alla vito. I fill my wand as the instructions say maybe a quarter or third full but I find less is better. I over filled the other day and had a hell of a time completing the bowl. I mixed often and should have just dumped half vaped and then vaped the stuff I dumped but I didn't oh well.

Dreamerr,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
In my limited experience I've found that you need to get the herb close enough to the heating element to cook it thoroughly.

Is this a viable method or am I just wasting my time?

This is my theory too. But instead of using ABV, I use another screen to keep it close to the heater. This also helps keep the temp dialed in between different size loads.

I also have great success with bubble hash being so close to the heater. My other vape doesn't seam to penetrate the hash like a standard SSV HC hole.

I think that would make the herb to hot and more harsh.

Wouldn't the air from the heater have to travel the same distance to your mouth regardless of where the herb is placed? Inverse-square law.

I've found a shorter path makes the vapors hotter/harsher.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You would think so tweak but all keep moving the herb closer to the fire. There is a reason they made the wand they way they did and say to only fill it a bit. I happen to subscribe to how it is made but you know lots like to mod and I have some of my vapes but normally only to lengthy the air path or to make it glass.

Dreamerr,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
You would think so tweak but all keep moving the herb closer to the fire.

Which is offset by using a lower temp on the dial. I can't tale that my SSV is on because the heating element doesn't glow at my lower temps. I start bowls @ 9 o'clock, finish @ noon and never go beyond 12:30. Off is 6 for reference.

Nothing wrong with using the way 7th floor intended. Just stating the benefits to having an extra screen. It blocks 99% of the debris that makes its way through the stock SSV screen and into my wand/hose/mouth/lungs, making for much cleaner reclaim and better flavor between wand cleans.

It gives you an adjustable bowl size that takes less material to be effective and is easier to stir. Leaving no green spots and a much more even vape. Swapping EQ screens literally takes seconds to do and the wear and tear is significantly less than trying to shove the stock screen into place.

I keep eyeing getting a log vape. But with my screen mod, I don't see how I could find a smaller bowl.

Tweak,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
I've noticed that there seem to be two screen positions available with the standard glass wand, and when I used the closer one I turned the heater down a bit toward 12/1pm instead of at 3pm with the further away position. So for me that particular ssv ran more efficiently with the screen in the "off spec" position, which also had to do with the position of the element.

grokit,
Reactions: Tweak

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have said this before... many times.
I do not understand "going through screens".
I have used the same screen in my wand for over 3 years.
If a person LIKES new screens that is OK... but if a person thinks their screen too dirty to clean, that is wrong.
It is not even about laziness or soaking or time.
it takes seconds to make a screen like new, and requires nothing but Iso and fingers.
(I add hot water for a rinse for perfection, before I blot dry.)

Last edited:

hoptimum

The only screens not worth saving, IMO, are the Solo, which tend to get mangled when you remove them. Otherwise they all clean up nicely with a little ISO.

hoptimum,
Top Bottom