SpruceGruve

Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue
Re the screens, its not really a concern i can get pipe screens 2$ for 5 at the local tobacconist that i just cut to size, its just interesting thats the screens get so much build up, my extreme q never did, i just save mine for a future iso wash.

Anyway i have a theory that i recently discovered, i noticed my tube often kinks when im vaping, and what i also noticed is that this slows down the draw speed of the air through the bud, increasing its vaporization . I stated to pinch the tube on purpose and have been able to take some great huge hits. especially towards the end of bowls.

anyway try it out it!
What's the differnce between sucking slower and having your hose kinked?

SpruceGruve,

reptilian

so the power cable on my ssv has started to short at the base and will only work if taped down to the side.. can anyone help me fix this? I bought mine from amazon without a warranty :x

reptilian,

Unconnected

well the kink in the tube i think allows you to create a higher pressure but slower draw speed than you could ever do with out kinking the tube. Ive been doing it all night, never been higher. i just hold the hose pinched between my fingers straight after the wand, that seems to be maxixmum effective.

tuk

so the power cable on my ssv has started to short at the base and will only work if taped down to the side.. can anyone help me fix this? I bought mine from amazon without a warranty :x

Usually I would say you could open up the unit & trace the power cable inside until you find its termination point which will probably be a circuit board or a larger electrical component. The cable is attached to the SSV using molten metal called solder which hardens when it cools thus joining metal to metal, so use a soldering iron to melt the solder & free the bad cable from its termination points.

Before you do all that you want to unplug it from the wall & take a close up picture of the termination points, so you can see which colour of wire attaches where, make several pics from different angles. Take the old cable to the electrical tools/bits store and show them the old cable and buy 3 times as much as you think you will need for 1 SSV. Solder the new cable to the termination points.

Alternatively, any electricial repair shop, even tv repair guy will replace the cable for a small fee, its like a standard thing, the person doing the repair doesn't have to understand how a ssv works, its like 15-20mins work & about $3 in parts. Just be aware of local laws you might want to clean it up and start calling it your 'aromatherapy machine'.

Last edited:

SpruceGruve

well the kink in the tube i think allows you to create a higher pressure but slower draw speed than you could ever do with out kinking the tube. Ive been doing it all night, never been higher. i just hold the hose pinched between my fingers straight after the wand, that seems to be maxixmum effective.
You caught my interest,time to run some tests myself:science:

SpruceGruve,

Vitolo

Vaporist
What's the differnce between sucking slower and having your hose kinked?
The kink in the tube is wearing out a physical part, where as adjusting draw speed is wearing out nothing before it's natural time.

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
I just picked up an 18mm to 14mm adapter and it is sweet! Ive never had a water setup for the ssv that either wasn't air tight or was so tight that I had to hold it in place to keep the seal. this is a dream come true, it really fits perfectly! I love that I can get bigger rips with less rip time, so awesome.

onox

Hey guys,

I have an issue with my SSV heater. D: It's an older style SSV. I'm not sure quite how to describe my problem, so I think a picture will do the trick:

20140112_200517_2.jpg

As you can see, the three heater screws have basically gone through the top of the vape. I think this is from putting the ground glass whip in too tightly, and having to twist it too much to get it out. Anyway, this makes the heater very, very loose, and it's honestly only a matter of time I feel before it stops working completely. i would send it in for warranty but I bought it from Amazon and I don't think 7th floor will let me send it in for warranty unless I bought it from them.

What would you guys recommend I do? I sort of want to take apart the vape from the bottom, but I dunno what I'm doing so I don't want to open it just to break it worse and actually make it inoperable.

onox,

Unconnected

The kink in the tube is wearing out a physical part, where as adjusting draw speed is wearing out nothing before it's natural time.

Wearing out a physical part?

Dude its vaporizer tube not the piston rings in a ferarri V8, hardly wearing something of value out. Not to mention, its a super flexible plastic tube how could making a kink in the tube or pinching it so its mostly closed possibly wear it out. That vape tube will last for a million years its bloody plastic.

Anyway, trust me it is effective. Its so effective that i didnt invent this, i discovered it. I noticed sometimes my hits were massive when i wasnt even thinking about drawing slowly, then i noticed often the tube was getting kinked. Then i put it together and realised the kink must be slowing down the flow of air and increasing the pressure in some kind of bernoulli style situation, of course a slower draw speed makes hits way better because the cannabis has time to vaporize into the air it is surrounded with more completly before being sucked away into your lungs.

Could you acheive the same results with a slower draw speed? no i dont think you could, i am a very experienced vaporizer user who can inhale so fucking slowly its not funny. I have a Cera loose leaf, a very hard vape to use that requires very very slow inhales. I know how to go slow.

Trust me, this is a much slower inhale and the important part, the pressure is much much higher! this means the air movement over the buds is slower and importantly, consistant. With a very slow draw speed with no kink you have next to no negative pressure in the system which means....well it means you dont get as stoned because of science i dont understand, just trust me vitolo.

Fuck i wrote all that and i have not even vaped up yet today.

Unconnected,

Breathemetal

Agreed Vito.
I can pull MASSIVE, THICK clouds without having to kink anything! That's just crazy. Why put more work into something that doesn't require it? Im confused...oh well!

No kink needed.

SSV works great regardless of how I hit it imho.

Unconnected

:rolleyes: Wow you people are interesting, its not like im asking much of you lol... fine by me if your to lazy to move two fingers together over your tube and pinch it. I find it funny that people who often go on about dumb smokers who refuse to change their ways being so closed minded once it comes to vaporization.

DONT GO OVER 400F DONT PINCH THE TUBE DONT DO THIS LALALALA

seriously guys dont you experiment and play around and try to see whats the best. Just try something different for a change.:bigleaf:

Unconnected,
Reactions: pnutz

tuk

I have some 'mango bubble' & a more traditional 'jack black' hash I would like to vape.

Has anyone tried vaping hash with their SSV & got some tips.

tuk,

Breathemetal

I have some 'mango bubble' & a more traditional 'jack black' hash I would like to vape.

Has anyone tried vaping hash with their SSV & got some tips.

Yes, I like to place mine on a bed of flowers! Take 2 rips to "set the bowl up", lift/stir..and bam, ready to milk!

tuk

^^Can that process be followed 1-2 rips at a time with breaks inbetween? ....never really vaped before & waiting for my ssv to arrive.

I've had these hashes a while now, cos by the time they start smoking properly in the bowl my lungs are already full so its kinda wasteful, you can close off the bowl to put out the fire, but then you have the same problem to get it smoking again .....unlike herb which just goes 'poof' in seconds.

tuk,

Breathemetal

^^Can that process be followed 1-2 rips at a time with breaks inbetween? ....never really vaped before & waiting for my ssv to arrive.

I've had these hashes a while now, cos by the time they start smoking properly in the bowl my lungs are already full so its kinda wasteful, you can close off the bowl to put out the fire, but then you have the same problem to get it smoking again .....unlike herb which just goes 'poof' in seconds.

I like to stir after every hit, but sometimes i do every other hit

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
I just had a huge sesh with my new water attachment. im having trouble typing this. im having a trrippyyy high. had half a mind to think my roommates dosed me, I had acuple beers with them. theyre not the type to do that though. but things are feeling weeeeird,

SpruceGruve

How often do people replace their hose to keep maximum taste/freshness?
I keep my wand and mouthpiece really clean,but notice a buildup in the tubing.

Edit-
This mostly has to do with me loading the wand by sucking my material into it

SpruceGruve,

Unconnected

I rarely replace my whips, maybe once a year like vitolo said and i dont clean it much either, i dont notice the taste difference and ive never had clogging or anything crazy like that. But if i suck material right through the whip, like if i do a stoner and forget to put a screen in it, or mangle the screen with my stirrer stick etc. Once their is particles deep in the whipe and past all the sticky resi, IMO the tube is done and you should just replace it, its almost impossible to stop bits of bud getting into your mouth after you have compromised the entire tube like that.

Korben

Thrilled
Has anyone got a custom SSV using your own image? I emailed the guys at 7th floor a couple days back to see if they would be able to generate a rough image of a custom ssv from an image just haven't heard back and thought I would ask here,

Korben,
Top Bottom