Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks!~
SSV.png

qwer

so there are 3 types of wands, standard, ground glass and spherical ground glass. I understand that the ground glass one is just to make it hands free, which im not to worried about, I actually kind of like the idea of holding it there, so that makes me think the standard because it is also cheaper.
But what is the spherical ground glass wand?
and also I have heard that the standard one aims the hot air in a reals small precise area which can burn it a bit unless you move it around, is this true and do the other want types fix this?
Thanks

qwer,

Breathemetal

I have now beefed up my SSV collection with two VTs!
Love them! Especially when hooked up together. Dual VT mouthpiece goodness.
Next up: the "dab" kit :mmmm:

Breathemetal,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

grokit

well-worn member
When I used to use the spherical cover/wand I would combust occasionally. That was years ago. Since then I've switched to the ground glass setup, and I've found that my results are more consistent and foolproof -- I've never combusted with the ground glass cover /wand.

Sorry, I've never used the spherical cover/wand. When I had the combustion issues it was with the standard cover/wand. I do need to try the spherical cover/wand at some point.

Got a little confused there, it was a while back :freak:

grokit,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
So I've been jockeying the dial lately. Don't get me wrong, I still like the upper end of the range, but draw speed can drastically change that.

When I was taking classes for machining it was all about your 'speeds and feeds'. The SSV is very similar in that sense. It's a true manual vape. I've got a few vaporizers now, and the Silver Surfer still has the most knock-down power of them all. I get way more body as opposed to being more in the head with others.

I seriously wouldn't recommend the SSV for before going to work or waking and baking. Can be just a little too intense at times. In terms of effects it's almost like smoking a fatty, only without any of the nastiness you get from combustion.

Breathemetal

So I've been jockeying the dial lately. Don't get me wrong, I still like the upper end of the range, but draw speed can drastically change that.

When I was taking classes for machining it was all about your 'speeds and feeds'. The SSV is very similar in that sense. It's a true manual vape. I've got a few vaporizers now, and the Silver Surfer still has the most knock-down power of them all. I get way more body as opposed to being more in the head with others.

I seriously wouldn't recommend the SSV for before going to work or waking and baking. Can be just a little too intense at times. In terms of effects it's almost like smoking a fatty, only without any of the nastiness you get from combustion.

What?! Lightweight. :p
I love rippin a wand before work!

Breathemetal,
Reactions: Dreamerr

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
What?! Lightweight. :p
I love rippin a wand before work!

There have been too many times waiting at the stoplight before going into my job where I've been thinking to myself "I am waaaaay too high for this right now, ugh". Thankfully I work at a decrepit retail behemoth where nobody gives a fucking shit about anything anyways, lol.:lol:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I've got a few vaporizers now, and the Silver Surfer still has the most knock-down power of them all. I get way more body as opposed to being more in the head with others.

Wow, I've been finding this to be so true. With the right temp on the dial and the placement of my screen, the SSV is exceeding my VXC in terms of thickness of vapor. Throw in some hash/oil and the SSV can knock me on my ass.

Breathemetal

Wow, I've been finding this to be so true. With the right temp on the dial and the placement of my screen, the SSV is exceeding my VXC in terms of thickness of vapor. Throw in some hash/oil and the SSV can knock me on my ass.

I love crumbling up some blonde waxy bho on top of a bowl of fresh herb mmmm.
I tried the cottonball method but i didnt like it.

Breathemetal,
Reactions: Tweak

hoorah

Hmmm some weird shit happened, the glass dial knob, can be moved in either directions freely and rarely clicks off or moves the dial. It must be just spinning, the dial can only be up and down in limited range but when using glass knob it just spins all the way around ...

What do I do???

hoorah,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Try to tighten the ring (washer and thin nut) that is under the knob.. it may be loose.
If this does not fix it, contact customer support

Vitolo,
The SSV is a professional Vaporist's tool.
There is no line.
That's the point.
no marks, no "lines"
no numbers no gauges.
Numbers???
We don't need no stinkin' numbers!
We are using a tool that is pure YOU...
You will find ways to breath, and stir, and aim... for more toasted ABV if you want.
Clean wand helps.....
aim well....
breath correctly (what is right for, YOU)
helpful hint---> During each stir... smash your herb up a bit more against the walls of the wand.. you will expose more surface even if you think your grind was fine enough.
If your technique does not work well... STOP IT
if you find a great hit... duplicate that method, right down to the grind....
there are so many variables...
but----> it's all on YOU.
You want prescription dosed easy to do hits... do try a Volcano or many other..
"by the books"... "follow the rules and steps" Vapes out there..
You want to be a pro????
then... you are here.
SSV is the place.
No bullshit .....
It is all by feel...
... and if you use only that SSV for a couple of days, you will find yourself in that
infamous "AHA MOMENT"... "wow this is so simple."
Note:
The SSV can be hard on people that need structure.
But even the most neurotic Vaporists I know find that they integrate and develop an almost symbiotic relationship with their tool, and everything just flows.
So.. relax.
(By the way... I am a fan of the SSV)

Yea i feel you, just from a makers standpoint (one day going to try and make the best vaporizer ever) i think their can be better vapes on the market, everything ive tried i like it but theirs so much more it could be! from the cano to the exhale to the SSV to the DBV i can make a better vape i swear! but first i have to learn how they even really work/what heating element to use etc etc.

and my SSV HC never stays in one spot it constantly moves and i have to keep refiguring out how/where to point the wand. how does this thing sit on the ceramic heating element? ive taken the glass heating cover off multiple times with no luck really i just fiddle with it until it starts drawing but lately ive found it harder to keep the dang thing one spot, if anyone got some tips how to set this thong on right cause ever since i got it the heating element was crooked gosh im unlucky.

laugingsodreamy12,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You need a shim (metal sheet cut to size) that fits on the heater assembly prior to sliding on your HC.
PM me and I will send you some for the cost of postage.

Vitolo,

hoorah

Try to tighten the ring (washer and thin nut) that is under the knob.. it may be loose.
If this does not fix it, contact customer support

Vitolo, I see the nut but I will need to buy something to tighten it but could it be this? Right now I just turn the switch manually without the glass knob and it works fine. Would tightening the nut help? It seems the glass knob just isn't tight enough on the switch? Expanded over time due to heat maybe? These problems started happening and getting worse when I put too much pressure on it anti clock wise, and it went "past the limit"

SSV is about 1 /2 years old.

hoorah,

sunnyconcrete

sunnyconcrete
So i just got my ssv last week and so far i havent had any complaints about it, just that i was having trouble with herb swirling up into the heater cover while on the draw. well i gently took off the heater cover, like on the ssv site faq, and blew out the excess, no problemo. i put the heater cover back on, and it didnt seem to really hit anything too hard while sliding it back on to a snug fit. once it was evenly adjusted, not touching the heating element anywhere and not moving, i turned the ssv back on full blast to begin vaping. well this weird vapor smoke began rising out of the unit itself and it didn't really smell like herb, more like a fake burning smell. so i turned it back off again. what could it be? theres nothing that i can see in the chamber.

sunnyconcrete,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vitolo, I see the nut but I will need to buy something to tighten it but could it be this? Right now I just turn the switch manually without the glass knob and it works fine. Would tightening the nut help? It seems the glass knob just isn't tight enough on the switch? Expanded over time due to heat maybe? These problems started happening and getting worse when I put too much pressure on it anti clock wise, and it went "past the limit"

I see now.
Leave the nut alone... do not touch or mess with it.
The knob is bad, and has lost the "grippy" stuff in the hole.
Order a new knob or else you can line that one with a strip of rubber to make it grip.
I would not advise using any adhesive that may stay permanantly
You might be able to VERY GENTLY spread the prongs on that switch to make them wider to hold the knob better.
Take a picture of the switch and the back side of your knob if you have a camera.
So i just got my ssv last week and so far i havent had any complaints about it, just that i was having trouble with herb swirling up into the heater cover while on the draw. well i gently took off the heater cover, like on the ssv site faq, and blew out the excess, no problemo. i put the heater cover back on, and it didnt seem to really hit anything too hard while sliding it back on to a snug fit. once it was evenly adjusted, not touching the heating element anywhere and not moving, i turned the ssv back on full blast to begin vaping. well this weird vapor smoke began rising out of the unit itself and it didn't really smell like herb, more like a fake burning smell. so i turned it back off again. what could it be? theres nothing that i can see in the chamber.
Open it again and look well under proper light.
Could be dirt/dust hair...
it could be something twisted loose.. and sounds like debris of some type.
I would remove the HC, and turn unit on under controlled circumstance.. see if smoke rises.
I would allow the smoke to rise for a minute or two and see if it slowly diminishes and ends.
If it does not, it would be time to use warranty, and have unit checked.

grokit

well-worn member
Vito, I have a feeling that the 7th floor plug-in vapes (excluding e-sigs) are extremely reliable, especially from an electrical/heating element standpoint. And I doubt that other things like knobs and such go haywire much either. But you may know best as to whether or not this is true in real life, what do you think?

grokit,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I agree.
My SSV has been a rock for 3 straight years, and shows no sign of slowing down~

Vitolo,

Morph864

I didn't realize there was so much of a community here discussing SSV's! Got mine 3 years ago at the original location in Colorado. Used it for a year and just recently brought it out to test out the oil kit. Very smooth, maybe not as efficient as a conventional torch/skillet/nail but very close! Like another poster has mentioned without the need for a butane torch, setup and execution are clean, straight forward and convenient. Also tried the VIP which has rekindled an interested in 7th floor products, but will leave that to the other thread.:tup:

Morph864,

PhillyFanatic

I have had my SSV for a couple weeks now and I love it, like the vets say it takes time playing around with temps-draw speeds. I see alot of people talking about the herb swirling up towards the heating element, it really is simple slow down your draw speed. Wand 1/3 to half full, I start off at 3pm on the knob and pull slowly not to disturb the herb. A long slow pull and then the herb starts to settle down into the wand after the herb has settled you can increase you pull intensity and speed and then the clouds of vapor start coming, I then gradually turn up the temp and take hits until I finish a little before 5pm on the knob over that and things start combusting for me.

The type of herb you smoke is the biggest difference maker in the SSV, Every herb prefers different temps for that true sweet spot. For I, Sour Diesel at 4pm is optimal whereas a good Pif Haze needs to be closer to combustion to give those real nice thick overwhelming clouds. Sativas seem to need higher temps for the sweet spot than hard core indicas. Just my 2 cents

PhillyFanatic,
Reactions: grokit

PhillyFanatic

I also slow down my draw speeds after I stir so not to get the herb swirling around after 1 hit it settles down. I manage to get 10-15 good pulls before the wand is done. To improve my points pictures say a 1000 words, my resume.

Grape Ape

That Sour D

For the person who had a distinct fake/burnt smell its just material shooting back into the heating coil, its happened to me 4 times now (i did it twice by breathing in and my friends did the other two) it happens if you take a huge draw and cough into the whip and or breathe into the whip. I dont know how bad it is for the device but the first time i accidently did it it was nasty smelling it smelt like shit ive never smelt before like plastic and it stayed like that for a long time (probably 5 mins or so). it only did it extreme twice the other times werent as bad, and dont trip dude my material spirals all the time too.

laugingsodreamy12,
Top Bottom