Shiva

So Very Modern
They do have some nice looking stuff at 7th Floor. I don't understand some of the options in the create-your-own order form, though... wand style (frit/raked/inside out)? :\

There's a bit of a steep initial learning curve to vaping, but it seems well worth the effort!

Shiva,
Reactions: Tweak

Breathemetal

They do have some nice looking stuff at 7th Floor. I don't understand some of the options in the create-your-own order form, though... wand style (frit/raked/inside out)? :\

There's a bit of a steep initial learning curve to vaping, but it seems well worth the effort!

Depends on the device for sure.
The ssv steep? Eh. I dont believe it had a steep curve. It's a pretty damn simple vape.
If you can't get it to work for you, it's either broken or you don't know how to inhale :p

Breathemetal,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Breathemetal you are being mean lol. Every person is different. I had no learning curve with this vape either but must report trouble to figure it out. I don't know why either but I try to understand.
You and I are just special...:freak:

Dreamerr,

Breathemetal

Breathemetal you are being mean lol. Every person is different. I had no learning curve with this vape either but must report trouble to figure it out. I don't know why either but I try to understand.
You and I are just special...:freak:

Im sorry if it sounded mean, actually no im not. I mean what i say.
I have let many people try my SSV, and not one of them (all combusters, gross) had any trouble getting a thick hit from Mr. Hulk.

So, saying that...if someone can't figure out how to hit this thing...well...im at a loss as to what i would say to them besides: "DURRRRRRRRRR DUR DUR DURRRR!"

Ah anyways. Back to some Northern Lights & Whitefire BHO mmmmmmmmmmm

Breathemetal,

Dreamerr

I hope I you know I was messing with you but really people do have trouble dialing in there temps. I think combusters might have an easier time cause they would want high heat but :hmm:

Dreamerr,

Shiva

So Very Modern

(emphasis added)

I'm new to cannabis use, and vaporizer use. That's what I meant. The SSV didn't take long to learn at all. I really dig this little device.

How often do you change or clean the screen?

Breathemetal

I hope I you know I was messing with you but really people do have trouble dialing in there temps. I think combusters might have an easier time cause they would want high heat but :hmm:

i know you were messing with me...
get off my back dreamer, quit yelling at me. dont ruin my high yo!

okay okay. back to a bit more normality here.
I prefer my SSV @ high temps, so when my friends hit it...its at the temp that I prefer.
Ive never had a complaint.
I play around with med-low temps sometimes, but i dont find the degree of medication to be as great as when I keep it near max (REALLLLLL bright orange!)

to each their own of course
no one way is the best way

but its so simple to remedy a "hit problem"
1) Adjust the temp knob while hitting to find your sweet spot
2) Yup.

Breathemetal,

grokit

well-worn member
Hey hows it going!

Longtime SSV user chiming in, posting because I can't find this "Vito's reclaim technique" upon searching for it, is there any way I could get a link or a post #?

Thanks so much :clap:

Thanks anyways for helping the noobie;), I finally found this in case anyone else was wondering:

I prefer solvents. ISO soak my screens and wash my wands into a jar, then reuse until my jar becomes brownish yellow. Every so often, after several screen soaks, I like to run my ISO through a coffee filter so the bits of flower get removed. I've really cut down on my ISO usage, I used to go through so much and just dump it down the drain.

To clean my wand, I place it vertically in the jar and use a dropper or pipette to keep washing the sides, recycling the ISO from the bottom of the jar. After several rinses, I use a pick to scrape the sides to loosen the oil then rinse again until its completely clean.
I :love:wand hash. It's like I never run out. I collect it much faster than keif in my grinder and prefer it over bubble hash.

So this is pretty much it? I guess the key is 70% ISO and the coffee filter... am I missing anything else :huh:

I have always burnt my screen off, pretty bad with cleaning otherwise just flush/change the hose once in a while and scrape the wand etc. it when I am out of herb.

I typically use a bubbler with mine :science:

Later :wave:

grokit,

PhillyFanatic

Thanks anyways for helping the noobie;), I finally found this in case anyone else was wondering:

So this is pretty much it? I guess the key is 70% ISO and the coffee filter... am I missing anything else :huh:

I have always burnt my screen off, pretty bad with cleaning otherwise just flush/change the hose once in a while and scrape the wand etc. it when I am out of herb.

I typically use a bubbler with mine :science:

Later :wave:

You should use %91 Iso

PhillyFanatic,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I don't know that there is a particular post that covers my reclaim technique.
I use this method to clean my hose/wand/mouthpiece....
BUT I save the alcohol and pour it on a dish... which I leave in a dust free area overnight.
Now I pour the alcohol:
Photoon2011-07-06at1737.jpg

Let it dry:
Photoon2011-08-25at16432.jpg

Scrape it up
Photoon2011-07-06at19192.jpg

Some scrapings will be oily.. some will be crystaline.
I mixed my wand screen scrapings with the oily dish scrapings for
this particular treat.
It can be done many ways!

goatgobaahh

Vit I just watched your video over breakfast. Thank god there are good folks like yourself that have a camera to show us noobs what to do.

Also, your music selection is always the best! :tup:

goatgobaahh,

grokit

well-worn member
Yes thanks for the reply and video Vitolo.

I thought it was a cool soundtrack too, reminds me of Mancini/Pink Panther :chill:

grokit,
The SSV is amazing i feel stupid that i bashed such a great vape, their is a learning curve but once you get past finding the right temp and when to draw slow/fast its gold. i cant get all good brown avb yet but im getting better (its mostly brown/yellow) i draw slow at first to pick up a good draw then as the wand/bowl heats up i draw faster to avoid combustion and this thing performs great.

The problem was even now i think its still a problem ever since i got the thing the heating element glass part was sitting crooked i actually moved it over a knotch and its getting more sufficient "connection" air flow from the wand to the glass heating element, its still crooked (so i think) though it seems i have to aim the wand very strange XD. any advice on that is the only issue im having with this vape. i will soon be vapor bonging muahaha.

laugingsodreamy12,
Reactions: Vitolo

grokit

well-worn member
When I used to use the spherical cover/wand I would combust occasionally. That was years ago. Since then I've switched to the ground glass setup, and I've found that my results are more consistent and foolproof -- I've never combusted with the ground glass cover /wand.

Dreamerr

Oh laughing can I get an amen

You still need to show us a pic or vid for us to help you get it right as we said before. If you want to take the long route that is ok to but you need to start believing the massive amount of people saying it was user error. Now vito is the pro on the ssv and if he says crooked is ok then I believe him. If you think it can be improved put up the pic so all can see and diagnose.

Breathemetal

Just cleaned my wand, hc, and mp
Hose was alright

Threw down a second screen over the first one.

Also, I have 2 vapor tamers on their way to me!
WOO

Ordered a Vapor Tamer mouth piece, a 19mm female hose adapter, and 2 metal clips as well.
Some new hose...a new pick...oh and a 18mm gg adapter

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Threw down a second screen over the first one.

Two stock screens? Don't they get clogged quick?

I just cleaned my HC and tightened my shim. Been using my Cloud instead of the SSV, so pass few days I've added the SSV to the rotation. Every time I use it it reminds me why I love it so much. I swear my first few hits are tastier with the SSV. I so want to try a LSV now.

Tweak,

Breathemetal

Two stock screens? Don't they get clogged quick?

I just cleaned my HC and tightened my shim. Been using my Cloud instead of the SSV, so pass few days I've added the SSV to the rotation. Every time I use it it reminds me why I love it so much. I swear my first few hits are tastier with the SSV. I so want to try a LSV now.

No clog actually. Seems to work a bit better.
Wand is staying clean for a change! ha.
I dont much care for wand reclaim so i just wash it all down the drain

Breathemetal,

Breathemetal

Sorry about the back to back post.

BUT! Anyone used a glass screen? Seems like it would help flavor...make it more of a all-glass-pathway to the whip.

Breathemetal,

grokit

well-worn member
Just got a tracking number, can't wait to try this thing. I haven't seen the fatty transfer wand discussed much (almost caught up), what's the story on that? I'm guessing it's the party bowl, this is the unit that would be most likely to be used for that purpose so I ordered one of those with an extra HC as well.

I wanted to try one of their six shooter downstems for my bong, but the shorter one was too long. I found a cool one on eBay though:
$T2eC16d,!w0E9szN,FVqBR0lUCN)vg~~60_57.JPG

Dont stress... all elements are "crooked" to a degree~
Yea i really finally havent had work and i really got to sit down with the SSV i love it, but my only concern/confusion with vaping so far is temperature ranges. What scientific evidence is their that certain ranges effect the lungs better/than some, i realise theirs so much variable factors how can that be possible? couldnt the health range of 392f on some hard to vape material actually equal 375f range because of the moisture/temperature of the place your at. Their so much variable factors thats what im confused at in vaporizing in general (not just the ssv every vape). since ive gotten more controlled (volcano) units ive learned that alot of units at least heat up higher than what they say. if its not above 451f and if its getting good/not too hot air flow it wont combust right in theory? i havent had any combustion even in my SSV lately but whats the line? thats a confusion in my daily vaping sessions none of my avb is black but ive always wondering about that. i just try to get my herb as spent as possible XD

laugingsodreamy12,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The SSV is a professional Vaporist's tool.
There is no line.
That's the point.
no marks, no "lines"
no numbers no gauges.
Numbers???
We don't need no stinkin' numbers!
We are using a tool that is pure YOU...
You will find ways to breath, and stir, and aim... for more toasted ABV if you want.
Clean wand helps.....
aim well....
breath correctly (what is right for, YOU)
helpful hint---> During each stir... smash your herb up a bit more against the walls of the wand.. you will expose more surface even if you think your grind was fine enough.
If your technique does not work well... STOP IT
if you find a great hit... duplicate that method, right down to the grind....
there are so many variables...
but----> it's all on YOU.
You want prescription dosed easy to do hits... do try a Volcano or many other..
"by the books"... "follow the rules and steps" Vapes out there..
You want to be a pro????
then... you are here.
SSV is the place.
No bullshit .....
It is all by feel...
... and if you use only that SSV for a couple of days, you will find yourself in that
infamous "AHA MOMENT"... "wow this is so simple."
Note:
The SSV can be hard on people that need structure.
But even the most neurotic Vaporists I know find that they integrate and develop an almost symbiotic relationship with their tool, and everything just flows.
So.. relax.
(By the way... I am a fan of the SSV)

Top Bottom