• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Flow

Hi @paradise
You seem to get pretty medicated anyway ? Is your device effective ?

Blowing clouds is a thing, but medicating one's self is way different ^^

Try to inhale as slow as you can, your goal is to combust in your SSV.
Once it's done, you know "how far you can go with your inhaling technique" ^^

I guess you'll have to improve your technique :)

And as an advice, i would say beware of the videos you might see, you know already well how the light enhance clouds, or not.
Botanicals dryness do have a major influence, glass used for extraction will give vapor it's density and thickness too, and last but not least, the user's technique will do a lot with the visual results...

paradise

Hi @paradise
You seem to get pretty medicated anyway ? Is your device effective ?

Blowing clouds is a thing, but medicating one's self is way different ^^

Try to inhale as slow as you can, your goal is to combust in your SSV.
Once it's done, you know "how far you can go with your inhaling technique" ^^

I guess you'll have to improve your technique :)

And as an advice, i would say beware of the videos you might see, you know already well how the light enhance clouds, or not.
Botanicals dryness do have a major influence, glass used for extraction will give vapor it's density and thickness too, and last but not least, the user's technique will do a lot with the visual results...
Hey Flow!

I get medicated and it is definitely effective in its purpose, blowing clouds is just a pleasure for me as an ex smoker ^^
I can't really adjust my inhaling anymore, I've tried a bunch of different slow and long pulls, force and length wise, it just seems impossible to combust really... maybe I'll try to get a video out one of these days or pictures of the herb before and after a few pulls

I noticed lighting and angles play a lot into vapor visibility in videos, know what you mean =) still need to find a proper position myself to try snapping a few pretty shots

paradise,
Reactions: Flow

paradise

Well, looks like I found the culprit, at least it looks so... the quartz enhancer! :hmm:
Took it off today and hit the Surfer full power, finally got a heavy milky puff out of it and the herb got instantly dark brown, probably the hardest hit I had off it yet

Before I got the enhancer, it did not function this way... and while it was on, I honestly didn't notice that much improvement in strength, just more heat retention (which is its purpose right). Suddenly now after I took it off and tried without it again, it's like a different device on higher levels, I went through an airy half-2/3rds packed wand within a few good puffs and stirrs, that shit had me stunned for a moment lol

paradise

I wonder if it just needed this period to open up and unleash its full power... in some way the enhancer did its job just right haha
Finding the sweet spot has suddenly become a lot more relevant

paradise,
  • Haha
Reactions: Flow

okc0mputer

Anyone know where to find a screen to cover the air hole on an SSV with spherical joint? Looking to make a ball vape but it seems basket screens that small are a bit hard to find...

okc0mputer,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

howie105

Anyone know where to find a screen to cover the air hole on an SSV with spherical joint? Looking to make a ball vape but it seems basket screens that small are a bit hard to find...
I use high temperature, food safe, silicone sealer (AKA: BBQ Sealer) to affix a flat screen over the hole.

howie105,

badbee

Thanks for the tip!
I bought a stainless steel sink strainer and cut a biggish screen out of it for the main air passage. You can shape that screen, and a smaller one for the air intake hole, using a piece of wood with a custom drilled or convenient sized hole. Push the screen into the hole with the handle of something that just fits nicely, I think I used a kitchen spatula handle for the big one and a chop stick for the small one. Insert the small screen in the air intake from the inside, the balls hold it in place once filled. Just one option.

okc0mputer

I bought a stainless steel sink strainer and cut a biggish screen out of it for the main air passage. You can shape that screen, and a smaller one for the air intake hole, using a piece of wood with a custom drilled or convenient sized hole. Push the screen into the hole with the handle of something that just fits nicely, I think I used a kitchen spatula handle for the big one and a chop stick for the small one. Insert the small screen in the air intake from the inside, the balls hold it in place once filled. Just one option.
I'm gonna try a few things, thanks for the info

chary-ka

I use a screen from a S&B Volcano. They are big enough that they wrap towards the back of the glass. Never had an issue.

chary-ka,
Reactions: Goneja

Sonics420

New SSV for $160
Or
New Volcano Onyx Classic for $360

I just want the hardest hitter and easiest maintenence. I like the idea of bags but would take a WPA setup over a bag any day.

What you guys think?

Sonics420,

okc0mputer

New SSV for $160
Or

I just want the hardest hitter and easiest maintenence. I like the idea of bags but would take a WPA setup over a bag any day.

What you guys think?
I personally don't like the volcano, but - the only way you'll know how you feel about it is to use it. I don't know anyone who uses herbal vapes so i have to buy a vape in order to try it. That said, the volcano certainly is a well loved classic, just not by me.
The SSV is used daily as a night time vape, because it has a stoney couch lock effect (for me) as opposed to my daytime vape.

howie105

New SSV for $160
Or

What you guys think?
The Surfer with the right options, can be a big hitter, reasonably easy to maintain works well with water if you wish. I have no opinion on the Volcano, not a user.

Top Bottom