arb

Semi shaved ape
Just crimp the base lightly with some needle nose pliers.
Go gently and try it as widening that is a pita.
I had to take one of mine apart to get it right but I have some dexterity issues.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Good to know it's something you can fix yourself without too much difficulty. It's really nice when the maker of a product takes the time to produce clear instruction on how to take care of your stuff, I'm a visual kind of guy so if I can see a video instead of reading the instruction the chance I don't screw up just double because I always miss something when reading.

The chemist,
Reactions: arb

nonamekevin

Just crimp the base lightly with some needle nose pliers.
Go gently and try it as widening that is a pita.
I had to take one of mine apart to get it right but I have some dexterity issues.
That did it! I pushed two of the "leafs" on the heater stand in a little bit with some needle nose pliers and the spherical heater cover sits where it should. Aromatop sits where it should also now! Thanks homie, looking forward to trying out the new wand this weekend. :rockon:

Edit: shortly after @rebar gave me the tip for using needle nose pliers, Kevin from elev8 customer service responded to my inquiry with the exact same guidance. He included this picture for reference. adjustment.JPG

Last edited:

nonamekevin

Okay, welp, first impression of the spherical wand are super positive. I sucked up a layer of herb into the wand, covered the entire screen with maybe an 1/8in (~3mm) thick layer. This thing smashes! I'm a light user, only weekends, so a light roast of the bowl got me gone!

:smug:

nonamekevin

Brought the SSV over to a buddies yesterday. It was the first time I've run it through water, and this thing pumped out the vapor! I was able to turn it up a little and really white wall a 15in beaker. A quick stir of the spherical wand and it was ready for more. This thing is a beast!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! :rockon:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Brought the SSV over to a buddies yesterday. It was the first time I've run it through water, and this thing pumped out the vapor! I was able to turn it up a little and really white wall a 15in beaker. A quick stir of the spherical wand and it was ready for more. This thing is a beast!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! :rockon:
Have you tried filling the heater cover with quartz glass beads?

nonamekevin

Have you tried filling the heater cover with quartz glass beads?
I haven't, and I'm hesitant to because I don't see a reason for it. I can take a full wand to very dark roast at 1 o'clock on my dial, so I definitely don't "need" more from it.

Maybe if I exclusively used the SSV for dry hits, the lower temps would be nice. 1 o'clock on the dial for a dry hit really dries out my throat and I feel like I have to stop sooner than when I use it through a bong.

Have you added them to your ssv, @YaMon ?

:rockon:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I haven't, and I'm hesitant to because I don't see a reason for it. I can take a full wand to very dark roast at 1 o'clock on my dial, so I definitely don't "need" more from it.

Maybe if I exclusively used the SSV for dry hits, the lower temps would be nice. 1 o'clock on the dial for a dry hit really dries out my throat and I feel like I have to stop sooner than when I use it through a bong.

Have you added them to your ssv, @YaMon ?

Yes Sir I have. Doing so adds more heated surface area also disturbing the airflow, It allows me to set the dial a bit lower yet still milks glass like crazy.

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
My Hardest hitting Vape I now own the flowerpot Vrod + Weedeater, Cloud Evo, E-Nano, Stempod +SI, Tinymight, Arizer Extreme Q
but the SSV is the hardest hitter in my collection, I have a LSV heater cover that i use with a GG Whip ( it sits hands free with this setup) I also use a basket screen in my whip which moves the herb closer to the heater and enables micro dosing. I also recently added the glass beads, I can finish a bowl in 1 hit and the vapor is the strongest thickest of them all, since adding the glass beads I get equal if not better hits but at a lower temperature, the trick is to only load the beads just to the top of the ceramic heater, if you load them above the heater they act more like a heat sink reducing the actual heated air you inhale but this vape which was my 1st vape i owned if set up this way will seriously blow you away. Not to mention this thing is practially bullet proof. This vape can be left running for months straight, I have done it. You can always count on this vape to run and run consistantly well, not tomention it can be connected to a bong for huge clouds which is how i can finisha bowl in 1 giant hit, practically instant vapor and the knob makes it super easy to fine tune, I have owned this for over 10 years and it is the pinnacle of quality and performance Ease of use and customability.

Tweakz

My Hardest hitting Vape I now own the flowerpot Vrod + Weedeater, Cloud Evo, E-Nano, Stempod +SI, Tinymight, Arizer Extreme Q
but the SSV is the hardest hitter in my collection, I have a LSV heater cover that i use with a GG Whip ( it sits hands free with this setup) I also use a basket screen in my whip which moves the herb closer to the heater and enables micro dosing. I also recently added the glass beads, I can finish a bowl in 1 hit and the vapor is the strongest thickest of them all, since adding the glass beads I get equal if not better hits but at a lower temperature, the trick is to only load the beads just to the top of the ceramic heater, if you load them above the heater they act more like a heat sink reducing the actual heated air you inhale but this vape which was my 1st vape i owned if set up this way will seriously blow you away. Not to mention this thing is practially bullet proof. This vape can be left running for months straight, I have done it. You can always count on this vape to run and run consistantly well, not tomention it can be connected to a bong for huge clouds which is how i can finisha bowl in 1 giant hit, practically instant vapor and the knob makes it super easy to fine tune, I have owned this for over 10 years and it is the pinnacle of quality and performance Ease of use and customability.

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
androponic,
Reactions: Dargin B

Ariste

Will these glass beads work?? I would get two bags.. I am going to get a Surfer just for this mod!

I've got some 3mm ruby (corundum) balls on the way. I'll update when they arrive Monday. I will have extras if you'd like any.
Rubies hold heat very well and have a melting point of 2,040° C, or 3,700° F.

OQq1BJy.jpg

Last edited:

Dargin B

Last edited:
Dargin B,
Reactions: Ramahs

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've got some 3mm ruby (corundum) balls on the way. I'll update when they arrive Monday. I will have extras if you'd like any.
Rubies hold heat very well and have a melting point of 2,040° C, or 3,700° F.

OQq1BJy.jpg

Got a link on where to get those rubies?

Ariste

Ariste,
Reactions: Ramahs

Ariste

I received my 3mm rubies a day early!
I would definitely recommend these to someone looking to do the SSV43 mod.

I was using 3mm natural quartz beads with drilled holes previously. I was concerned about the beads cracking from thermal stress and inhaling quartz dust. I don't think that happened, but safety first.

I placed an order for 800; after unpacking I washed with ethyl alcohol and heated to above 1200°F with a heat gun to dry. I didn't notice any off gassing of fumes, but these did hold heat for a very long time.

I filled the heater cover with 180-190 rubies.

I keep the temperature about the same as when using the drilled quartz. I have noticed there is less draw resistance which seems counter intuitive. I would think the drilled beads would allow more air flow...

Pics and thermal images below:
MVIMG_20200726_171310.jpeg
IMG_20200726_171054.jpeg
IMG_20200726_171131.jpeg
IMG_20200726_171025.jpeg
img_thermal_1595801173421.jpeg
img_thermal_1595801192994.jpeg
img_thermal_1595801207934.jpeg

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Thank you for the offer but I must pass. I was just curious about the price. If I do order it will be for a large quantity not just for the SSV, but to play with in other vapes as well, but at that price it's not too expensive. Keep us informed about the performance of your upgraded SSV and it's ruby insides. I'm curious about the performance of ruby vs quartz or boro in the SSV. One thing is for sure , it looks really good with the ruby beads, must look badass when the rod is glowing inside. :cool:

The Chemist,

Ariste

Keep us informed about the performance of your upgraded SSV and it's ruby insides. I'm curious about the performance of ruby vs quartz or boro in the SSV. One thing is for sure , it looks really good with the ruby beads, must look badass when the rod is glowing inside. :cool:
The draw is definitely better than the drilled quartz. It makes less of a whistling sound as well. I imagine it could take slightly longer to warm up because of the rubies thermal capacity, but I leave mine on 24/7.

Both beads have no taste and work pretty much the same. The rubies are much more resilient and I don't have to worry about them grinding or cracking.

You can easily toast a full bowl in a few hits if you'd like. I like that balls provide a more even roast and minimize hot spots. Your draw speed matters less with the balls I feel. I should take a thermal video of a draw in progress.

The lower temp is nice also. You can leave the wand connected and it hardly gets warm. I run mine around 550-600 (10-11 o'clock) it seems. I notice people run flowerpots and such around there also.

Top Bottom