EVlL 55

...hello.
My 1st vape was a used SSV.
...scratch that...it was a NEW pax1 knock-off,..that worked for shit,...but i had no idea & thought that vaping was a hoax & left it at that until about a year later,...i got a hair up my ass & bought an SSV....it was cheap & i was willing to try again.
Im over the moon that i did...it took some time & getting a basic knowledge of vaporization but soon i was where i wanted to be.
iv never used a flavor disc...or the bigger,..newer spherical wand or any of the modifications..i never saw the need for it myself..but can see how they benefit others.
....you really get to know your particular unit after some time & can really get it dialed in to suit you w/out really thinking about it.
Theres alot of fiddly vapes that take tweaking & modding to reach they're potential...but the SSV ....as w/all 7th floor/Elev8 plug-ins is ready straight away.

QzjcTvJ

Is this the stuff people call ‘reclaim’ or is it shit to be thrown away?
i pushed the tube all the way up the glass and scrapped off the sticky stuff that came out and whacked it into the end

edit:struggling to get the picture uploaded and posted

https://imgur.com/a/QzjcTvJ

DazVapesNow,

BlueHueCO

QzjcTvJ

Is this the stuff people call ‘reclaim’ or is it shit to be thrown away?
i pushed the tube all the way up the glass and scrapped off the sticky stuff that came out and whacked it into the end

edit:struggling to get the picture uploaded and posted

https://imgur.com/a/QzjcTvJ

Yeah, that would be reclaim. It can be used however you want. You can toss it, you can use it for edibles, you can vape it, depends on your preference. I usually cough too much to vape it, but every once in a while I do anyways.

BlueHueCO,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
We gotta get the 7th Floor vapes on newFC too!
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/important-announcement.49260/

Unfortunately I no longer own one, but perhaps one of you would like to create a new thread for the Silver Surfer Vaporizer here (just linked to the old one at the top of the new one)
https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?forums/upcoming-unreleased-portables.33/
Then mods can move it to the main section and close this one... I'm not active enough in this thread, otherwise I would do it myself!

Shit Snacks,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:
Stu,
Reactions: ataxian

nonamekevin

Riding the wave tonight! Picked up a SSV off CL for $50 shipped. Usable, but i sent it to elev8 for a refresher.

- SSV refurbishment
- Replacement mouthpiece, clear
- Replacement hose or tubing, 10ft, clear
- Hands-free attachment, SSV
- Aroma top, SSV

I keep the SSV on all day, because of the aroma top. Really enjoying the experience, usually keep it a little past 12 for my hits. Im looking forward to maybe upgrading the wand and heater cover to the newer spherical style joint, but I'm super into the hand blown wand/cover right now. :rockon:

Ariste

SSV43
I decided to add more balls and filled it (almost) to the top. I allowed a tiny bit of room up top for expansion. The draw is slightly harder to pull, but still very low resistance. I think there is less issue with hot spots when filled to the top. The balls now no longer whir around when I pull since there isn't much empty space.
IMG_20200603_175859.jpgIMG_20200603_175924.jpg

nonamekevin

I'm still hesitant to go the ssv43 route with mine, not because I think it will damage anything, but because I can char a wand already at noon on the dial. The unit is strong af already.

:rockon:

nonamekevin,
Reactions: Flow

Ariste

I'm still hesitant to go the ssv43 route with mine, not because I think it will damage anything, but because I can char a wand already at noon on the dial. The unit is strong af already.

:rockon:
Yeah, I run mine at around 10-11.

Ariste,
Reactions: Flow

Flow

Hi all !
I did this mod too and dig it !
I placed a glass tube around ceramic rod. My SSV is now turned in steamboat mode !
One hitter at 9 O'Clock ! Heavy one hitter at 10…
I do prefer glass tube around ceramic because it's way easyer to put in place and to take out.
The hot airstream i get seems to me to be more consistent, allowing more extraction at a time.

I guess any of you SSV owner should try it !
It's an inexpensive mod and yet another mod to put the SSV on steroïds !
I thinkQuartz tube from 7th floor is the easyest way to go for that mod.

Flow,

Letstart_ariot

So the glass tube is working well for you to add mass around the heater?

I just purchased an SSV and was interested in the SSV43 mod, and saw this is now an option on the elev8 website. Wondered if anyone had experience with it and performance. Looks like your experience seems positive and does seem easier than the ball mod .
Hi all !
I did this mod too and dig it !
I placed a glass tube around ceramic rod. My SSV is now turned in steamboat mode !
One hitter at 9 O'Clock ! Heavy one hitter at 10…
I do prefer glass tube around ceramic because it's way easyer to put in place and to take out.
The hot airstream i get seems to me to be more consistent, allowing more extraction at a time.

I guess any of you SSV owner should try it !
It's an inexpensive mod and yet another mod to put the SSV on steroïds !
I thinkQuartz tube from 7th floor is the easyest way to go for that mod.

Ariste

So the glass tube is working well for you to add mass around the heater?

I just purchased an SSV and was interested in the SSV43 mod, and saw this is now an option on the elev8 website. Wondered if anyone had experience with it and performance. Looks like your experience seems positive and does seem easier than the ball mod .
I have both the quartz tube and quartz beads. There really isn't any comparison. The beads produce much more vapor with a very slight increase in draw compared to the tube. With the tube I run about 1 o'clock; beads at around 10 o'clock. Using the tube is easier if you regularly swap out heater covers.

Letstart_ariot

I have both the quartz tube and quartz beads. There really isn't any comparison. The beads produce much more vapor with a very slight increase in draw compared to the tube. With the tube I run about 1 o'clock; beads at around 10 o'clock. Using the tube is easier if you regularly swap out heater covers.
Wow. That is quite a difference between the two. Thanks for the info.

This is probably more in line with what I had anticipated. I think any form of mass in the air path will help retain heat, but the quartz beads may be the way to go.

I don't plan on changing the heater cover regularly, I just saw the quartz tube available on the site as a viable alternative. Guess I am back to sourcing some quartz beads : ) Thanks again for the insight.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I have the quartz tube, I haven't try with the beads yet but I can already tell the bead will be a big step up. The quartz tube do make a difference but it wasn't like in Troy's vid. The mass of the tube can't really hold a lot of heat like the beads and I think you should get a lot more turbulence with the beads to mix the air and make contact to transfer the heat. The only thing I like with the tube is that I think the vapor is less harsh than usual but honestly I need to do more testing on that to be sure, but the fact that the tube cover the ceramic rod so the air doesn't get in direct contact with it could explain the difference.

Ariste

Wow. That is quite a difference between the two. Thanks for the info.

This is probably more in line with what I had anticipated. I think any form of mass in the air path will help retain heat, but the quartz beads may be the way to go.

I don't plan on changing the heater cover regularly, I just saw the quartz tube available on the site as a viable alternative. Guess I am back to sourcing some quartz beads : ) Thanks again for the insight.
The $12 quartz beads I linked from eBay work well if you are looking for something inexpensive. I can mail you a basket screen for a few bucks.

Ariste,

nonamekevin

Picked up a couple of goodies from elev8 to spruce up the SSV, one of the items being a spherical heater cover. Comparing it to the original hand blow heater cover, the spherical cover does not sit as low on the heater stand as the hand blown version. When I try and press it lower, I get a grinding sound like the cover diameter is too small.

Ive reached out to elev8 for clarification, but I'm wondering if others spherical heater covers sit the same way, or if they go all the way to the bottom of the heater stand. :rockon:

nonamekevin,

The Chemist

This is how my heater cover sit in my SSV, it's all the way down touching the screws at the bottom. Also I really need to push to reach the bottom and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to go like this because I didn't look at it before removing the cover but nothing broke. It's always tricky with glass since there's always a little variation between the piece and you don't want to push too hard and break something. It could also be the metal bracket that is too tight. If you can't make it fit by pushing strait down and maybe wiggle it a little than the piece is certainly too small.20200610_171141.jpg

nonamekevin

This is how my heater cover sit in my SSV, it's all the way down touching the screws at the bottom. Also I really need to push to reach the bottom and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to go like this because I didn't look at it before removing the cover but nothing broke. It's always tricky with glass since there's always a little variation between the piece and you don't want to push too hard and break something. It could also be the metal bracket that is too tight. If you can't make it fit by pushing strait down and maybe wiggle it a little than the piece is certainly too small.View attachment 1395
Thanks homie, yea, my hand blown cover sits like yours, sitting on the screws for the heater stand. But the spherical cover sits about 1/8" above the screws. I definitely can't push it down anymore. Also, the aromatherapy dish no longer sits flush like it used to.

I am waiting to hear from elev8. 20200610_144835.jpg

nonamekevin,
Reactions: arb

The Chemist

Yes wise decision. If I remember correctly the first time I installed the cover it was sitting pretty much like yours does, I realized something was wrong when I saw that the ceramic rod was too far apart from the cover glass dome, they say it should be 1/8 of an inch between the two and it was way more than that so I look and saw that the cover was not all the way down, so I pushed and everything was were it was supposed to be. I also have a second cover I bought just in case I break the first one and I just checked how it fit and there's a difference. The original is a lot thighter than the replacement, I need to push hard on it but the new one go all the way down with one normal push. Both of the piece are recent I got my SSV this april. I'm curious to know what they will tell you.

The chemist,

Flow

@nonamekevin : You might try to pull on the steel wire (bolted in the base) in order to give space for your heater cover to go down. Just be sure the ceramic rod is not in the way (i mean it's not too high in the SSV for your heater cover). Then you rotate the glass part a bit as the wire you pull will give some extra space... If your cover does not move, do not bruteforce it :D !
I had kind of the same question and understood i had to pull a bit on the wire that block the glass cover to leave enough space for it to go all the way down.

It does not seem to me that the diameter of your heater cover is under the diameter of the ceramic rod base. But i might be wrong ! ^^
You might take measurement if you want to ensure you're doing it right !

Flow,
Top Bottom