Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

Grifo

I'm over it at this point I asked him nicely to refund me let's see what he says.

Grifo,

Kanna_Kult

For anyone curious about biao tang’s ruby inserts I saw some pics on Reddit and god I’m I glad I didn’t order one, lots of imperfections and so foggy you can’t even see through it.

Kanna_Kult,

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
I somehow managed to crack/chip my Constant Gems ruby insert. :( Not sure exactly how it happened, I've been very cautious about only using a dry q-tip after it's cooled down a bit, with an occasional ISO swab at room temp. Only other thing I can guess is that, my banger is curved ever so slightly near the walls, so the insert corners were resting on those curved edges rather than fully flush with the bottom. Maybe I pushed too hard when cleaning?

Anyway, I ordered one of the sapphire 2.0 inserts from Greek Glass at 8 am this morning, got a ship notification at 10 am, and it now shows the estimated arrival for Tuesday. I'm not thrilled with my SiC insert from Fadespace so hopefully this will fill that gap.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Greek Glass sapphire insert came yesterday! There are a couple small imperfections but nothing that looks like it'd affect the integrity or surface polish... I'll see if I can grab a pic. Polish is decent, although again, not perfect. The interior seems a bit better than exterior and is good enough for my needs. Overall, I'd say it's absolutely worth the $85 as an intro into the gem world -- and miles better than my SiC insert in terms of heat retention, flavor, and cleanup. I'm optimistic it'll fill my CG ruby's place just fine. At the very least it should keep me from spending a small fortune on those sexy AdaptTech inserts. :mental:

Paired with a GG banger and shallow, directional flow carb cap is fan-fucking-tastic. :rockon:

tylerj55

Greek Glass sapphire insert came yesterday! There are a couple small imperfections but nothing that looks like it'd affect the integrity or surface polish... I'll see if I can grab a pic. Polish is decent, although again, not perfect. The interior seems a bit better than exterior and is good enough for my needs. Overall, I'd say it's absolutely worth the $85 as an intro into the gem world -- and miles better than my SiC insert in terms of heat retention, flavor, and cleanup. I'm optimistic it'll fill my CG ruby's place just fine. At the very least it should keep me from spending a small fortune on those sexy AdaptTech inserts. :mental:

Paired with a GG banger and shallow, directional flow carb cap is fan-fucking-tastic. :rockon:
So I ended up getting the 22mm insert and it is polished as well as the constant gems ruby inserts and has absolutely no blemishes at all. I wonder if the difference in size made it easier to work with, or if I just got lucky.

The only issue I have is I don’t have a banger that pairs well with it right now. I actually can’t even use it at all until I get a nail that fits it, I wish I ordered one from him along with this insert haha.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
@tylerj55 I'm guessing it's luck of the draw, but who knows. :shrug: I'm still happy with it, especially for the price. I can have a few accidents this way and not feel nearly as guilty, haha -- but also, hopefully that won't happen again. :| Was thinking about this the other night and I wonder if those curved edges on the LIQ banger didn't allow enough room for thermal expansion...

Anyway, I like the quality of the GG bangers, another great value. My only issue was the shallower bucket depth, which was too short when using a bubble cap + insert, IMO. The directional cap works significantly better with that combo.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@tylerj55 I'm guessing it's luck of the draw, but who knows. :shrug: I'm still happy with it, especially for the price. I can have a few accidents this way and not feel nearly as guilty, haha -- but also, hopefully that won't happen again. :| Was thinking about this the other night and I wonder if those curved edges on the LIQ banger didn't allow enough room for thermal expansion...

Anyway, I like the quality of the GG bangers, another great value. My only issue was the shallower bucket depth, which was too short when using a bubble cap + insert, IMO. The directional cap works significantly better with that combo.

My friend has an etched LIQ banger and 19mm ruby insert from Constant Gems - his banger has 3mm sidewalls so he can't use them together because the tolerance is too tight.

Grifo

i though GG got his rubies from the same person that does CG rubies?

Grifo,

Kanna_Kult

so you are saying there is only 1 ruby insert manufacturer in china?
There’s probably multiple but I could be wrong honestly I have no clue. I think what he’s saying is that all the inserts apart from adapt tech are made in China. So if you pay $200 for an insert from anyone else besides AT you’re getting the same thing Greek sells for $80

EDIT: adapt tech inserts are supposedly made In Russia and I mean I don’t see a reason to doubt that other than there are a lot of scammers and liars in this industry.

Grifo

He says they come from china, not from the same manufacturer from china. You know how big china is right?
I asked if GG had the same inserts as constant gem. pghjd replied and just said that they all came from china which is not what i was asking and i assumed that maybe he meant that all inserts except AT came from the same manufacturer, which obviously didn't sound right to me. Yes i do know how big china is.

Grifo,

tylerj55

I asked if GG had the same inserts as constant gem. pghjd replied and just said that they all came from china which is not what i was asking and i assumed that maybe he meant that all inserts except AT came from the same manufacturer, which obviously didn't sound right to me. Yes i do know how big china is.
GG does use the same ruby supplier as Constant Gems.

tylerj55,
Reactions: Grifo

derosavapore

Solo canotto!
Irritated is what I am too. GG told me the ruby will be sent 2 weeks ago, there is nothing that I have received. Sad thing. But, It is more expensive than the ruby GG will maybe offer some day, you maybe check out the "fix&felix" ruby insert. You will find it at dabben.de. Perfect polished everywhere for 139€.
And, possibly you ask yourself if 710coils fits your dabinator controller: THEY DO! Same Pin-configuration.
Wrong theme I know but you need to heat up that gems, right?

derosavapore,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Ordered a greek glass insert on April 9th and cancelled the order when I saw @710Coils was going to get some. I got a refund pretty quick, but the package still showed up anyways a week or 2 ago. I went to the post office and had it sent back, hopefully one of the people on here ends up getting it.

510MOD

Manufacturer
I find the best method to clean a Ruby insert is to let it cool and then to fill it with baking soda and drop it into a shot glass of ISO. After a 20-30 minute soak everything usually comes right off without any scraping or scrubbing required.

510MOD,
Reactions: Grifo
Top Bottom