• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So are these waxes bad for us health whys other them changing the taste ?

I doubt there would be anything there that wouldn't be in any conduction vape. The boiling point of nonacosane is around 700F last time I checked so it shouldn't really vaporize anyways. But I do think less waxes and plant fats might give hash rosin a longer "shelf life"

mc

I've found the more and more of these extra waxes in it, from normal bubble hash rosin to flower rosin, the number of times you can hit it lowers. Flower rosin I can get a few hits before the taste is bad and there will always be reclaim/residue. But when I get really good Live rosin, I can hit it until it's 100% gone and the taste is good the whole time.

chris 71

Maybe I can ask you guys another question with regards to thinking about extracts and these fats and waxes ?

So back in the day I smoked a ton of old school green oil that iam assuming was made from some type of alcohol .

Would this old school green oil have been free of the waxes and and fats because it was made of alcohol if the resulting liquid was pass through a coffee filter or cheese cloth ? Would that be like winterization or would this require cold temps and filtration?

chris 71,
Reactions: shredder

mc

Maybe I can ask you guys another question with regards to thinking about extracts and these fats and waxes ?

So back in the day I smoked a ton of old school green oil that iam assuming was made from some type of alcohol .

Would this old school green oil have been free of the waxes and and fats because it was made of alcohol if the resulting liquid was pass through a coffee filter or cheese cloth ? Would that be like winterization or would this require cold temps and filtration?
It depends on who made the "honey" oil. But ya, it was mostly ISO or alcohol wash. Sometimes with clean up steps. They were pretty thick from what I remember, but still. None of this will have the amounts you end up smoking if you ever smoked joints.

chris 71

Nice, so that darker color will most of the time just be because of age, since it's fairly old. Most live rosin will be, or generally be much lighter in color.
Ya I made some flower rosin too from fresher flower and its a nice clear golden color

shredder

Who knows? Could have been made with a nasty solvent. And it might not have been made from marijuana. A lot of things were mis represented back then.

For an example thc pills were common in my high school. They definitely were not made from weed, lol.

Some though, like some opium soaked hash I traded for in san Francisco on the wharf in 75 was the real deal.

chris 71

So now I have been pressing all my stuff just because its alot of fun , I have four of the old school fiver vials or 5ml jars all half full .

this will take me a long time to go through So I have been searching and googling for best storage practices . I'm reading that rosin might not have the best shelf life just at room temps .

I'm thinking of putting three in freezer and just keep one out till I finish it . Does this seem like the best idea to you guys ?

chris 71

Hey guys so I got some more questions or wonderings lol

So I have another chunck of bubble hash that I made from fresh frozen form a grow from the winter of 2018 so its about 2 years old .

Anyway this chunck of hash has been through a lot It was dropped onto the dogs bed by accident last year and the bed was .... well.. lets just say its a fuzzy dog bed of a 100 pound American bulldog lol Soo pretty gross lol

So the ball of hash at that time was about 11 maybe 12 grams and it was very gooey and sticky I was like SON OF A BITCH !!! ITS RUINED !!! I could see dog hair and bits of red fabric fuzz all over it under a loupe... It was a sad day lol

I decided to just say fuck it and put it in the freezer cuz I didn't want to think about it anymore lol ....

Anyway I started thinking maybe if I just wait for it to freeze I can shave the outer layer off and still smoke it so thats what I did .

I smoked a wee bit of it but just the thought of all the crap that may have contaminated it I just left it alone for a long time

It only spent a month or two in the freezer then ended up in a drawer till today .

I was just gonna through it out worried about bacterial contamination or something .

Anyway i just pressed it in my 4 ton dabpress
It was a bit bigger then the last piece of bubble I tried and for some reason the bag kept opening even though I thought I had it fold well .
After this happening twice I tried double bagging it in two 37 micron bags and the put that into a 160 micron bag so triple baged and it worked lol

It smelled really nice when I was pressing it and I think it looks good but I dont know lol

Should I chuck it or smoke it or vape lol

Last edited:

shredder

Hey guys so I got some more questions or wonderings lol

So I have another chunck of bubble hash that I made from fresh frozen form a grow from the winter of 2018 so its about 2 years old .

Anyway this chunck of hash has been through a lot It was dropped onto the dogs bed by accident last year and the bed was .... well.. lets just say its a fuzzy dog bed of a 100 pound American bulldog lol Soo pretty gross lol

So the ball of hash at that time was about 11 maybe 12 grams and it was very gooey and sticky I was like SON OF A BITCH !!! ITS RUINED !!! I could see dog hair and bits of red fabric fuzz all over it under a loupe... It was a sad day lol

I decided to just say fuck it and put it in the freezer cuz I didn't want to think about it anymore lol ....

Anyway I started thinking maybe if I just wait for it to freeze I can shave the outer layer off and still smoke it so thats what I did .

I smoked a wee bit of it but just the thought of all the crap that may have contaminated it I just left it alone for a long time

It only spent a month or two in the freezer then ended up in a drawer till today .

I was just gonna through it out worried about bacterial contamination or something .

Anyway i just pressed it in my 4 ton dabpress
It was a bit bigger then the last piece of bubble I tried and for some reason the bag kept opening even though I thought I had it fold well .
After this happening twice I tried double bagging it in two 37 micron bags and the put that into a 160 micron bag so triple based and it worked lol

It smelled really nice when I was pressing it and I think it looks good but I dont know lol

Should I chuck it or smoke it lol

Sounds like one of my boners, lol.

If your sure you got all the junk out I'd vape it. If your not sure I'd still eat it.

chris 71

Ya it was pretty clear when I looked at it through the loupe at 35x all I see is tiny bubbles . The last couple pics was the finished product .
I was more worried about any kind of bacteria that could have be growing on the hash .

It smelt amazing while I was pressing it , I guess that might be a good indication for that sorta thing ?
But I'm not sure on that .

The only other thing I can think of if I really wanted to make sure would be to cook it a bit .
I'm not to sure how that would work though ?

I mean what temp if any would kill of that sort of thing but not tottal ruin it as far as taste and smell or effects ?

Or if temps it would be vaped or smoked at would take care of that sort of thing it was pressed at 185 f for about 3 mins plus a little extra with the 2 mishapes

Last edited:

shredder

Ya it was pretty clear when I looked at it through the loupe at 35x all I see is tiny bubbles . The last couple pics was the finished product .
I was more worried about any kind of bacteria that could have be growing on the hash .

It smelt amazing while I was pressing it , I guess that might be a good indication for that sorta thing ?
But I'm not sure on that .

The only other thing I can think of if I really wanted to make sure would be to cook it a bit .
I'm not to sure how that would work though ?

I mean what temp if any would kill of that sort of thing but not tottal ruin it as far as taste and smell or effects ?

Or if temps it would be vaped or smoked at would take care of that sort of thing it was pressed at 185 Celsius for about 3 mins plus a little extra with the 2 mishapes

I think it more likely that it would mold rather than have bacteria in it. And mold you can see with a loupe. Just me, but id hit that bitch, lol. I mean your sad tale has to end well. How better than a healthy dab?

But if your still not comfortable decarb it and eat it.

shredder

Beginner question. Is this paper okay for using with the manual Ju 1ceBox? https://www.amazon.com/SMARTAKE-Unb...081RMYK77/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

If not, what would you guys recommend. Does anybody make paper that's precut 2x2 in? Thanks

:leaf:
Here's what I use

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I use Reynolds, or whatever I can find at the grocery... I've not had any bad experiences except for once when I used a very "budget" brand that just kept tearing under pressure. Cutting and folding to the proper size, and loading bottles carefully usually prevents any tears, but I could not work with that brand... for the life of me I cannot remember what it was.

mc

I find the standard parchment paper bleeds if you press flower because of the increased pressure requirements. The oilslick sheets are very strong and one sided. They are slick, so you need to use filters to prevent sliding. But the end result is worth it imo.

kushkush

happy camper....
Okay all of you guys. WHY should paper be as expensive as bud! I appreciate all your answer and am looking at all your links. I really appreciate your help and will let you know what I come up with. :nod:

:leaf:

Top Bottom