Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

Okla68

A good friend has loaned me his 10 Ton DabPress !
I have made 8 presses from 3.5 gms to 7 gms
ALL with a return of 20+%, up to 25%. Usually pressing Cylinder pucks, 190°F, 75 to 90 Seconds, 120-160 micron bags.
As stated above, if I got less than 18% return I wouldn't waste my flower !
Pics are of White Hot Guava....and Yes, it is as strong as its name states !

Attachments

• 20201117_112908.jpg
    20201117_112908.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20201117_114309.jpg
    20201117_114309.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 4

invertedisdead

VAS is Dead
When I first started pressing I was a huge stickler for never pressing anything besides well hydrated herb. At the time, people weren't really sure how the mechanics of rosin truly worked, theories circulated, such as small scale "steam distillation" taking place between the plates, etc. which made RH seem like an important variable.

After seeing dried out ditch weed yield more than frosty, sparkly exotics, I stopped caring so much about moisture content, as I noticed a lot of the yield increases people would note are almost directly proportional to their relative humidity percentage. Add 5% more RH, and like magic, the yield goes up around 5%.

People had experimented with a whole range of humidities trying to correlate a connection with the ideal RH - the problem with these tests is they can't account for the natural variation in trichome density across different parts of the plant. Some buds already have more resin on them than others from the exact same plant, variations in rosin yield would be claimed to be due to moisture, but due to natural yield differences, would be hard to prove.

Okla68

When I first started pressing I was a huge stickler for never pressing anything besides well hydrated herb. At the time, people weren't really sure how the mechanics of rosin truly worked, theories circulated, such as small scale "steam distillation" taking place between the plates, etc. which made RH seem like an important variable.

After seeing dried out ditch weed yield more than frosty, sparkly exotics, I stopped caring so much about moisture content, as I noticed a lot of the yield increases people would note are almost directly proportional to their relative humidity percentage. Add 5% more RH, and like magic, the yield goes up around 5%.

People had experimented with a whole range of humidities trying to correlate a connection with the ideal RH - the problem with these tests is they can't account for the natural variation in trichome density across different parts of the plant. Some buds already have more resin on them than others from the exact same plant, variations in rosin yield would be claimed to be due to moisture, but due to natural yield differences, would be hard to prove.
All of my presses so far have been from Trimmed Bud Only, RH of <62%(humidity packs). Have never tried pressing Trim, although some portions are Trichome covered more than others.
I do a progressive squish, increasing pressure over a one+ minute time. According to pressure gauge topping out at about 4,000 psi.
Still haven't determined why some returns are Sappy and others Tacky while using Same material parameters, time, temp, pressure, strain. Some resulting in PullNSnap, others a Honey like result.
After 7-8 squishes, its Still a Learning experience.

Top Bottom