• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Roots & Culture - Dub - Reggae & beyond...SELECTA ! ! !

Trypsy Summers

As
So I hope it's ok for me to rant a little in the reggae thread. I just took my sons to see Stephen Marley. The venue they played was super strict against any smoking or vaping, had security everywhere (youngsters with walkie talkies). Mind you I am an old fart and have gone to more than my share of Reggae shows.
The opener for the show was Stephens band which should have been cool except they played ballads that weren't exactly reggae. It felt unpracticed and spur of the moment. Then His son Jo Mersa took the stage. He was full of energy and rocked the house in his dj style. We are in VT so they are selling $10.00 cans of Heady Topper and everyone is drinking them. Beer is spilling everywhere, people are dropping beers onto the floor, knocking into each other. UGH!
An hour and a half in and finally Stephen takes the stage. Instantly the sweet scent of ganja hits my nose and just as fast three youngsters come barging in grabbing people, keeping us all "safe". Stephen even mentions how strange it is during "No cigarette smoking in my room" He says ain't no smoking going on in here just drinkin'. Stephen played most of his father's "Legend" Album and a bunch of weird versions of his own hits. The Bob covers all seemed out of place, but, the audience seemed to like these the best.
All in all not my favorite concert of the year. I am so let down in this practice of reggae bands playing in non smoke/vaping friendly venues. It really puts a damper on my experience. Some of my favorite shows Culture, The Wailers, HR Band, Jimmy Cliff all expected some degree of ganja use and so it was.
Yes, I could use edibles or tincture. Just something about vaping up at the show. Especially when the band joins in.
This is not my video but it is from the same show

As the man sang, "things ain't they way they use to be, one and all have to face reality"

Trypsy Summers,
Reactions: VegNVape

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I'll have to check some of this out, I like reggae but am bad at getting new music so I've been listening to the same shit for years.

http://closertothesun.com/

I was supposed to go to this this year, but I had to get on a solo reservation list and no openings ever opened :( my buddy went with his GF and since it was their "first" vacation (it wasn't but she clearly didn't want me third wheeling) they didn't want to get the triple room, understandable yet what a buzzkill hahaha. Maybe next year!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@invertedisdead - you are now :tup: Let's dub it out . . .

draft-889fbd43-5c5a-4e4d-a297-922893d3bcf0.jpg

:peace:

Top Bottom