• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

FearAndLawyering

The Mi3 has been up for like a month with a $200 buyout and he's been trying to get it for awhile. I don't know why you're being so aggressive about the situation. All I'm saying is YMMV trying to get a response from him on IG. I messaged Ryan directly as well trying to help him get one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH8e53THBw7/ posted 6 weeks ago, with a $200 buyout. This has nothing to do with drops. You can see his comment asking 2 days ago if it was still available and thats after waiting.

So, I understand you feel the need to defend Ryan but lets not break our necks bending over backwards trying to excuse poor communication and customer service.

FearAndLawyering,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The Mi3 has been up for like a month with a $200 buyout and he's been trying to get it for awhile. I don't know why you're being so aggressive about the situation.

Aggressive??? How in the hell was I aggressive lol Sorry for trying to help your friend figure out what's going on!

So you are talking about, a much older post on IG, when Mi3 were said to be available for $200... However that may have been before, the sales were changed to being only when there are product drops, on the 1st of each month until the 7th... Starting with these.

All I'm saying is YMMV trying to get a response from him on IG. I messaged Ryan directly as well trying to help him get one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH8e53THBw7/ posted 6 weeks ago, with a $200 buyout. This has nothing to do with drops. You can see his comment asking 2 days ago if it was still available and thats after waiting.

I feel like you messaging for your friend separately would only confuse things? Looks like he replied to that comment too, but has not been replying to your friend's messages at all? Not always so organized...

So, I understand you feel the need to defend Ryan but lets not break our necks bending over backwards trying to excuse poor communication and customer service.

Not sure how I was being defensive, as I said I was trying to help provide info! Your post was pretty vague, which is why I was asking for some clarification too...

I'm not breaking necks, bending over backwards, or excusing anything at all, please don't infer as I specifically worded my post carefully, not sure why you felt the need to be defensive in this reply!

:2c::peace:

Jason Mendoza

As a first timer with this purchase method, it's not intuitive. I thought they were all going to be auctioned as was previously stated. Now I know what to expect thus far. I'm still not sure I got lucky or not. On the 1st, I planned ahead, created an IG acct, hurried home, had a toke, got my fav Imp Stout, then sat and looked at a non moving IG screen! I looked like my user name. Lol. I kept hitting refresh for like an hour and a half! Family is asking, whatcha doin'? I slowly caught on. VERY slowly. So I can see where the user might seem assertive to those in the know, but to me he looks as clueless as I was. I will be until it's all over. Thanks for trying to help out. You gotta go s l o w with some of us!

Shit Snacks

As a first timer with this purchase method, it's not intuitive. I thought they were all going to be auctioned as was previously stated. Now I know what to expect thus far. I'm still not sure I got lucky or not. On the 1st, I planned ahead, created an IG acct, hurried home, had a toke, got my fav Imp Stout, then sat and looked at a non moving IG screen! I looked like my user name. Lol. I kept hitting refresh for like an hour and a half! Family is asking, whatcha doin'? I slowly caught on. VERY slowly. So I can see where the user might seem assertive to those in the know, but to me he looks as clueless as I was. I will be until it's all over. Thanks for trying to help out. You gotta go s l o w with some of us!

:rofl: love your username!

Me and @FearAndLawyering spoke via PM and we are all good now at least btw

I know RBT systems are unfortunately not always the easiest to understand or use, so I'm just trying to help where I can!

To sum up, I'm not sure about anything listed before the new year, what he was planning or how he is handling, but it seems like all the Milaana2 that were posted before the new year, had their posts updated on the first to include the auction info. One of the KushCoffee units does not have a bid yet, and all of the others still only have one bid...

Milaana3 were listed as more of a race, $170 flat, but only to the first seven who commented... That was also done for five Splinter V1, ten Splinter V2, and two ZV2... All of these seem to have been spoken for, but each one has extra people commenting just in case, most probably futilely lol

These sales all end on January 7th at 4:20 (pm I think?) PST so I guess that is when he will be responding to messages, sorting out who is getting what based on comments??

Yeah this is not the best system for the consumer, but I guess it is easier for him, and there are a lot of people active on IG interested in his stuff I suppose? Well not really a lot, but just enough LOL Instagram is not really meant to be a place for selling things, I see a lot of other artisan paraphernalia peddlers doing auctions though, some crazy glass stuff that goes for over $500! Anyway good luck all!

Last edited:

seki

Maybe if the enthusiasts would stop hoarding units like DJ Khaled hoards sneakers, there would be more to go around for those in need...lol

I hate those jerks! :mad: Greedy bastards!

vapedrawer1.jpg

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I hate those jerks! :mad: Greedy bastards!

vapedrawer1.jpg

but whats up with that bottom left is that a 1 or 1.5? which wood?

Edit: I gotta admit between my Mi2 (3 too, prior to getting the 2, but I havent touched the 3 since) TM, and FW - for non plug in types, the Milaanas , TM and FW rule the roost here). Nice drawer.

Also what wood is that to the left of FW?

BrianTL,
Reactions: seki

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Well it would be nice if he sold more than 5 at a time. i got most of my collection on the secondary market

Not for nothing but keep in mind the current state of affairs for RBT. The dude is living out of a van in the desert, hand assembling whatever he can from leftover parts? Goes into town or whatever once a week to mail shit. Lives literally off the grid with no real tether to civilization other than his weekly trips, cellphone and running into people in the desert. At least that is my understanding of it.

I found my first RBT (Mi3) on the secondary market (entex) and one direct from him during his first round of Mi2 drops recently - not auction style, but first to comment X amount.

Communication with Ryan was not great during the drop - but again, he is in the desert, in a van, I'm shocked he even has cell reception let alone the ability to make these things and get them out. Still, I did comment within 30 minutes of the drop and there was even a hiccup where I commented on one, changed my mind, deleted, and picked another. I didnt hear from him for another day or 2, but during the mean time I messaged him explaining the situation - he didnt understand I guess, deleted my comment on the one I actually did want, we got it straightened out though, I got what I wanted, nobody else was inconvenienced, life goes on.

Similar "drop" styles could be said for others - look at Lamart - been trying to get one of those longer than any other vape I have and haven't been able to make that happen. On top of that, I would say I noticeably more RBT vapes on the 2nd hand market than I do Tetra P80s, which makes it even more difficult to get one of them, IMO.

Not just these two though, same can be said for a few others...

The problem IMO comes from two ways. Us as consumers, who have standard expectations from a business, and businesses who frankly, I don't think consider themselves a standard business - but more hobbyists sharing their stuff? Sure they probably enjoy making it, sharing it, etc etc - but still, like anything, a hobby turned career can make you sick of that hobby real quick. May be too generic and simple here, but also a full explanation is more than I care to type out at the moment lol.

That is a V2 Mi1 (exotic spalted maple), the 1.5 is actually top right next to the FW7 ;)

I need it

Or something else non-RBT in spalted maple might satisy me I guess... Yeah goes to show how much I know about RBT I thought the 1.5 was a special exotic 2 or something lol

Last edited:

seki

That is a V2 Mi1 (exotic spalted maple), the 1.5 is actually top right next to the FW7 ;)
Thanks @Shit Snacks! Despite having a bunch of these, I could never remember which ones were 1s, V2's and 1.5s. I know there was something about wood types and flat bases, but for some reason, it never sticks in my head. No problems identifying any of the different Splinter variations though, oddly. :hmm:

but whats up with that bottom left is that a 1 or 1.5? which wood?

Edit: I gotta admit between my Mi2 (3 too, prior to getting the 2, but I havent touched the 3 since) TM, and FW - for non plug in types, the Milaanas , TM and FW rule the roost here). Nice drawer.

Also what wood is that to the left of FW?

Thanks! I believe it's a figured maple with either a darker maple or walnut cap. I'm not sure which to be honest. I'm also a little embarrassed to admit my ignorance with wood types despite owning a pile of wood vapes. I'm basically this guy when it comes to IDing wood:
idwood.jpg

To make up for that, here are some glamour shots of those two Mi1s:
spalted-figured1.jpg

I got a spalted maple stem from @Alan a while back and by pure luck, it almost lines up perfectly with the pattern on the Milaana.
spalted-figured2.jpg

spalted-figured3.jpg

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
That stem sure does line up nearly perfectly, wow! @seki

Dont worry tho, I feel you on types of wood. Anytime somebody asks me what it is, I look through my email for the order confirmation to say what it is lol. Thats why I was asking cause I have zero idea what it could be

Shit Snacks

Haha don't feel bad @seki it is super confusing to keep straight regardless, they were basically different batch to batch, I laid out differences in the beginning of this thread though and another place and I will again now!

For starters, there is a chance that is not a 1.5, 1.5 were supposed to have a squared off bottom cap, but I know not all of them did, so not really easy to track but it could be a 1V2 instead... But yes that is a maple with a walnut cap! I don't think it is actually quilted maple, just a particularly nice grain looking piece!

Spalted maple were the first exotic used, with walnut and cherry, there is a wide range though they should all be 1V2 (essentially this is the finalized Milaana 1, as the 1V1 was a bit rougher at first and all maple, but 1V2 also come in maple so hard to tell!)

Pre 1V1 Milaana were even rougher and all maple, and they had steel mesh stuffed in the air intake instead of a regular screen covering the air intake... That feature was a key part of the 1V1 upgrade.

1.5 is confusing bc it is mostly a 1V2 but it has something similar to Mi2 that I can never remember since it is so minor (Mi2 brought square shape with smaller size and front intake hole, the 1.5 does not have those easily recognizable features) and there were not that many 1.5 made I don't think...

Seki the top of your box looks to be Milaana2 also in walnut with a sapele cap, and to the right of it looks to be another Milaana1 V2 in all Walnut! Walnut is very common...

Hope this helps clarify a bit, read my previous posts for more detail!

Last edited:

seki

Haha don't feel bad @seki it is super confusing to keep straight regardless, they were basically different batch to batch, I laid out differences in the beginning of this thread though and another place and I will again now!

For starters, there is a chance that is not a 1.5, 1.5 were supposed to have a squared off bottom cap, but I know not all of them did, so not really easy to track but it could be a 1V2 instead... But yes that is a maple with a walnut cap! I don't think it is actually quilted maple, just a particularly nice grain looking piece!

Spalted maple were the first exotic used, with walnut and cherry, there is a wide range though they should all be 1V2 (essentially this is the finalized Milaana 1, as the 1V1 was a bit rougher at first and all maple, but 1V2 also come in maple so hard to tell!)

Pre 1V1 Milaana were even rougher and all maple, and they had steel mesh stuffed in the air intake instead of a regular screen covering the air intake... That feature was a key part of the 1V1 upgrade.

1.5 is confusing bc it is mostly a 1V2 but it has something similar to Mi2 that I can never remember since it is so minor (Mi2 brought square shape with smaller size and front intake hole, the 1.5 does not have those easily recognizable features) and there were not that many 1.5 made I don't think...

Seki the top of your box looks to be Milaana2 also in walnut with a sapele cap, and to the right of it looks to be another Milaana1 V2 in all Walnut! Walnut is very common...

Hope this helps clarify a bit, read my previous posts for more detail!
I'm pretty sure I've read all of your posts explaining the differences, I just can never keep it straight in my head. :lol: I think I may be using my Milaanas a little too much. :science: Either way, appreciate the clarification!

Looks like you're missing a bubinga Z 🤔;)

I always thought the spalted milaanas were my favorite, but that's before i saw your quilted maple
Huh, you must be psychic. By pure coincidence, I happen to be filling this particular gap pretty soon. ;)

RELAX

Naw I think it's just a generic fun post, not for a new product, don't get your hopes up!

regulated milaana? zion? voltage regulator right?
He was discussing his new stuff last night on IG, I caught a few min of it. Looks like some kind of desktop log sort of device. I think he said end of 2021. I don't know what else he has planned besides the desktop plugin, I didn't watch very long.

Top Bottom