• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Enjoy that beauty @pakalolo! Would love to see a lineup showing your Mi evolution, I remember that turtle burn one and the old 14mm prototype, such fun times!

Meanwhile my custom redheart wood pick from @unklmark arrived today, such beautiful grain and color, here it is on my walnut Milaana 2 with sapele bottom cap (first with flash then without) though these photos cannot do justice to it of course:

IMG-20200617-160945-2.jpg

IMG-20200617-160907-2.jpg

I'll have my own gorgeous Milaana 3 some day in the future as well, I'll post a photo of my full lineup when that day comes :tup:

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Enjoy that beauty @pakalolo! Would love to see a lineup showing your Mi evolution, I remember that turtle burn one and the old 14mm prototype, such fun times!

Meanwhile my custom redheart wood pick from @unklmark arrived today, such beautiful grain and color, here it is on my walnut Milaana 2 with sapele bottom cap (first with flash then without) though these photos cannot do justice to it of course:

IMG-20200617-160945-2.jpg

IMG-20200617-160907-2.jpg

I'll have my own gorgeous Milaana 3 some day in the future as well, I'll post a photo of my full lineup when that day comes :tup:

I took a family portrait just this afternoon.

20200617_milaana_family_004.jpg
I don't have the Little Bugger any more, I handed it off to someone for testing.

I also did a quick comparison. I drew through a whip attachment to a MagicFlight Orbiter so that I could see when vapour production started and then how it thickened. In normal use, I count to 10 for a pre-heat and then draw. I can taste vapour almost immediately but from this test, it seems that it takes a surprisingly long time before visible vapour shows up: about 15 seconds. All three are similar to this point, but the M3 goes to thick vapour about twice as fast as the other two once you see visible vapour. It takes about 10 more seconds for the M1 and M2 to whitewall the Orbiter, but only 5-7 seconds for the M3. Not only that, if I hadn't let off the button I would have ignited my load. There's much less chance of that with the other two.

This test rig imposes a slow light draw because all the tubing introduces drag, and there are three 2 mm choke points in the flow. I think this is why it took so long to see visible vapour. With an open flow, you should see vapour much sooner. At any rate, once it's heated the M3 appears to ramp up a lot more quickly than my M1 or my M2. (It's actually a pre-M1, not a production unit.)

Shit Snacks

I took a family portrait just this afternoon.

I don't have the Little Bugger any more, I handed it off to someone for testing.

I also did a quick comparison. I drew through a whip attachment to a MagicFlight Orbiter so that I could see when vapour production started and then how it thickened. In normal use, I count to 10 for a pre-heat and then draw. I can taste vapour almost immediately but from this test, it seems that it takes a surprisingly long time before visible vapour shows up: about 15 seconds. All three are similar to this point, but the M3 goes to thick vapour about twice as fast as the other two once you see visible vapour. It takes about 10 more seconds for the M1 and M2 to whitewall the Orbiter, but only 5-7 seconds for the M3. Not only that, if I hadn't let off the button I would have ignited my load. There's much less chance of that with the other two.

This test rig imposes a slow light draw because all the tubing introduces drag, and there are three 2 mm choke points in the flow. I think this is why it took so long to see visible vapour. With an open flow, you should see vapour much sooner. At any rate, once it's heated the M3 appears to ramp up a lot more quickly than my M1 or my M2. (It's actually a pre-M1, not a production unit.)

Nice! Love seeing that early pre-M1, and I believe your M2 is actually an M1 "V2" (exotic wood, but matching bottom cap and air intake hole is still at the top, larger too more free flow), not a "Milaana II/2" by the way... Maybe you never got to try the Mi2, I don't think it is quite as fast as the Mi3 though it should have similar airflow. The wood on these is so gorgeous, thanks for the family photo!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Nice! Love seeing that early pre-M1, and I believe your M2 is actually an M1 "V2" (exotic wood, but matching bottom cap and air intake hole is still at the top, larger too more free flow), not a "Milaana II/2" by the way... Maybe you never got to try the Mi2, I don't think it is quite as fast as the Mi3 though it should have similar airflow. The wood on these is so gorgeous, thanks for the family photo!

You're probably right, I never got a handle on the different versions. Anyway, those are the three I have.

NitroRIP

20 amp 18650s as the Mi peak to 13 and you need a factor of safety such that peak iss well below rated current. Batteries are cheap... and faces are expensive... dont blow off your face!

I understand the frustration with shipping but once the package is in the mail and tracking is provided there is not much more RBT can do. Unfortunately situations like this are common and is why RBT only ships to the US and Canada. Between the shipping and customs cost along with needing to replace lost units (in this case well under market value) makes international orders a impossible.

If you have any business with RBT please email Ryan@rastabuddhatao.com venting your frustrations here only appears to be cyber bullying which proves counterproductive to a win win solution... and there appears to be an unenforced rule against it as well?

On a bright note the #RBThistory contest giveaway Mi3 goes to @sacred buddha ... congrats!!!

Not sure what you mean about cyber bullying mate, that was not the intention -as far as I know this is a public forum where people can air their frustrations and see if there are any others in the same boat. Apparently there were and it was therapeutic to hear their stories as well as putting my mind at ease. Note this could easily have been avoided with just a modicum of customer service -I literally did not hear anything regarding my order since it was paid for last August (except for generic newsletters which promised shipment at Christmas, then Feb and then March).

As for your comment regarding postage, I actually thought the postage time was quite reasonable (given the current pandemic) -it was the fact that the unit was not even dispatched until the end of April and with no explanation given that was frustrating. I have also been a customer of Sticky Brick Labs, Dynavap, Pipes, Simrell, Interplanetary Development and others (all who are based in North America) and never had any issues or if there were I was contacted regarding any changes (Australia has come a long way since the Bush Telegraph -we even have email these days).

Anyway on a much brighter note, my Mi3 arrived yesterday -thank you very much mate. I have not had a chance to try it out yet but it looks and feels awesome. The extra mouthpieces and other bits and pieces included were an added bonus -even the packaging was classy. It is numbered 308 -hopefully will power just like a small V8 Windsor engine! Dare I ask whether this unit is one of the ones that was quality tested in regards to the button? I really hope so as I am not adept at tampering with electronics -this will actually be my first electronic vape. Also, would you recommend a protected 20A 18650?

So yeah, just in case you missed it -thanks again for building and sending down this amazing looking vaporiser. Can't wait to hit it tonight -cheers.

Last edited:

Resinrider

Well that explains it...Ryan actually gives birth to these things! Such a proud papa! haha!.....10 months is a little crazy, but hopefully it will all be forgotten once you spend some time with your newly adopted baby Mi3

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Also, would you recommend a protected 20A 18650?
I use LG HG2 cells for all my RBT vapes and mods but it says sold out or discontinued at the respectable sites. The new hotness is the VTC6. I have one that came with my Tinymight and it works well.

bossman,
Reactions: NitroRIP

NitroRIP

Ok guys, looks like I may need a little help in getting my Mi3 to work properly. I cannot seem to get much vapour at all. I have read and reread all posts regarding technique and followed all the tips but still am only producing tiny amounts of wispy vapour. I have a sticky brick og that produces a ton of vapour and have been using a similar method with Mi3 -start slow, long pulls etc but no joy. Using a genuine Samsung 20A battery -have ordered some 20A LGs and Sonys as well to see if they make any difference. Either I get barely any vapour or I end up combusting -nothing in between. It has the brass screw installed so should be working well. Any help would be highly appreciated as I am really trying to like the Mi3 but at the moment am feeling very disappointed. I have a bad feeling that that I may have one of the "low output" models. If this is the case do you reckon I would able to send it back to RBT for a replacement? Thanks.

NitroRIP,

SquirrelMaster

Ok guys, looks like I may need a little help in getting my Mi3 to work properly. I cannot seem to get much vapour at all. I have read and reread all posts regarding technique and followed all the tips but still am only producing tiny amounts of wispy vapour. I have a sticky brick og that produces a ton of vapour and have been using a similar method with Mi3 -start slow, long pulls etc but no joy. Using a genuine Samsung 20A battery -have ordered some 20A LGs and Sonys as well to see if they make any difference. Either I get barely any vapour or I end up combusting -nothing in between. It has the brass screw installed so should be working well. Any help would be highly appreciated as I am really trying to like the Mi3 but at the moment am feeling very disappointed. I have a bad feeling that that I may have one of the "low output" models. If this is the case do you reckon I would able to send it back to RBT for a replacement? Thanks.

If you're getting vapour then the button should be good (afaik). What's the exact battery model? Is your airflow good (plug the air inlet to check)? On the runs where you're combusting, do you notice yourself slowing your draw as opposed to the wispy hits? Have you used an unregulated device before? They can take a little work to get the hang of so keep trying so be very aware of your draw speed and once the vapour is flowing speed it up but not so much that vapour production stops. Also try pulsing the button before you get to the point of combustion. Let's say 5 second preheat, start draw for 2-3 seconds, release button but continue drawing for 1 second, hold button for another 2-3 seconds etc. One last thing I'll mention is that when you use a freshly charged cell your preheat time will decrease and vapour will come on pretty quickly compared to being a few bowls into a battery.

Some of those tips may be obvious if you've done your research but hopefully there's something there to help you out.

NitroRIP

Thanks for the advice, it is a Samsung 25R INR 18650 20A 2500mAh 3.7v -so should be ok? No, I haven't used an unregulated device before -this is my first electronic vape, only switched from smoking a couple of years ago and have only used a sticky brick og and vapcaps. I know what you mean by draw speed as I use that technique with the brick. Thing is, if I preheat less than 10 seconds -I get nothing. That is with a fully charged battery and even after everything is warm from the first pull -I still need to preheat for 10 seconds. When I feel like I have nailed it -I still only get a terps taste but no vapour. Has anyone else received a 'low output' unit? I really think mine is one of those -I reckon I will contact RBT and see what can be done. Will let you know how go -cheers.

NitroRIP,

tb42091

IIRC If your screw is brass it should be the high output. The extra screw that came with mine was silver so something else for sure and they were said to have come with the high output installed as that was what pushed back the release date.

Personally I like to put a screen further into the stem and use the basket screen as an end cap to get the herb a little further from the heater to help avoid scorching the end of the bowl.

With my bowl packed this way, on a fresh battery it takes 6-8 seconds for me to get vapor and then it gets thick around 12-15 seconds when I modulate the button on/off every couple seconds. I havent combusted yet though.

Hopefully this helps, I'm sure if you are having issues ryan will take care of you, that seems to be a priority now.

TB42091,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the advice, it is a Samsung 25R INR 18650 20A 2500mAh 3.7v -so should be ok? No, I haven't used an unregulated device before -this is my first electronic vape, only switched from smoking a couple of years ago and have only used a sticky brick og and vapcaps. I know what you mean by draw speed as I use that technique with the brick. Thing is, if I preheat less than 10 seconds -I get nothing. That is with a fully charged battery and even after everything is warm from the first pull -I still need to preheat for 10 seconds. When I feel like I have nailed it -I still only get a terps taste but no vapour. Has anyone else received a 'low output' unit? I really think mine is one of those -I reckon I will contact RBT and see what can be done. Will let you know how go -cheers.

Where is the battery from? No chance of a knock off?

Shit Snacks,

NitroRIP

Where is the battery from? No chance of a knock off?

Nah, don't reckon so mate. Bought from reputable bricks and mortar electronics store -Jaycar. Really stumped.

IIRC If your screw is brass it should be the high output. The extra screw that came with mine was silver so something else for sure and they were said to have come with the high output installed as that was what pushed back the release date.

Personally I like to put a screen further into the stem and use the basket screen as an end cap to get the herb a little further from the heater to help avoid scorching the end of the bowl.

With my bowl packed this way, on a fresh battery it takes 6-8 seconds for me to get vapor and then it gets thick around 12-15 seconds when I modulate the button on/off every couple seconds. I havent combusted yet though.

Hopefully this helps, I'm sure if you are having issues ryan will take care of you, that seems to be a priority now.

Thanks for the feedback mate. Reckon something may be wrong with mine, hold button for 15 to 20 seconds just to get terps -try it for longer and combust. Have contacted Ryan at RBT -I'm hopeful he will come up with a solution.

VirginVape10X

May seem like a stupid question, but which is the + end and which the - for the battery on the Mi3? Trying not blow it up 5 minutes into receiving it.

VirginVape10X,

Shit Snacks

May seem like a stupid question, but which is the + end and which the - for the battery on the Mi3? Trying not blow it up 5 minutes into receiving it.

Yeah positive end down, but won't blow up regardless as either way works, we discussed it a few pages back

Shit Snacks,

SquirrelMaster

Battery sounds good as I see you say it's from a good source.
On my unit (which runs hot) I preheat for 4~ seconds then start draw and 5~ seconds later I feel vapour. I continue my draw and pulse the button for another 10-15 seconds. I get 2.5 draws per bowl.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey RBT nation... link below to the plan and update that I will now be using to post out.

Quick note on the Mi3 battery hatch screw. Since testing showed that the brass screw used in the Mi3 puts the units in the proper range and that the screw can be loosened over time and is now locked in place, The initial stainless screw that makes the unit cooler will not be offered. Modulation of the button is what is required with a unregulated vaporizer to ensure proper vapor production. No matter what screw is used or if it is a high or low output unit it will always run hotter than required and modulation of the button is required to maintain a constant temperature.

Quick note on Mi3 High and Low output units. Again, since the Milaana is an unregulated unit, its power output varies with the resistance of the heater. Since the resistance of the heater is small, small changes in resistance are noticeable. This is just the normal variation that comes from the manufacturing process as nothing is the same. Given that there is a measurable difference and that there is a slight but noticeable difference between the highest and lowest the Mi3 have been sorted into a high and a low output category to allow customers to pick to their liking... High for ripping.... Low for sipping. On a whole, the Mi3 population outputs the same heat as the Mi2 although somewhat faster and more efficient with the ceramic heater base.

Over the next 4-6 months RBT will be listing the 100+ Mi3, about 10 Mi2 soon with German glass, about 50 Mi2 standard and 15 Exotic Mi2 will come in a few months... grab one of these cult classics before they are gone!

FYI - KGWoodcrafts is out of replacement glass but will have more in stock in 6-8 weeks.

Last edited:

FearAndLawyering

> Over the next 4-6 months RBT will be listing the 100+ Mi3, about 10 Mi2 soon with German glass, about 50 Mi2 standard and 15 Exotic Mi2 will come in a few months... grab one of these cult classics before they are gone!

Very bittersweet. So stoked to see more drop! Very sad to see them go though. Very hopeful for the future. Keep up the great work, we appreciate everything you do.

Any more cooling stems coming? Will 19mm stems continue to be stocked?

FearAndLawyering,

Shit Snacks

Mi3 is here! This is so impressive, to see how far this vape has come, such a perfect final product in the box, phenomenal fit and finish... The lack of a wood cap makes it short and compact, while the thick body means more solid wood, which is great since this ipe is just so incredible... counts as an exotic for me despite being standard!

IMG-20200625-132330-2.jpg

IMG-20200625-132353-2.jpg

IMG-20200625-132320-2.jpg

Edit now that I've had a couple bowls in it to add that I am extremely impressed with the performance as well! This is the high temp version, which just means instant on, you don't hold the button very long and the air flow is already pretty regulated for you to just rip it... I am not finding it too hot or fast on a fresh battery, and it seems to be giving me a pretty even extraction too... First bowl was in the smoked taper stem, now I am using the WPA in my new custom j hook from Oregon Glass Blower, and even had a nice hit through the pinnacle hydrotube:

IMG-20200625-154926-2.jpg

IMG-20200625-155525-2.jpg

Last edited:

Eskcharls

Grenn Dever
Hey guys where can i get a WPA ? :thinker: i dont see any on the store and haven't seen any in a while, is there a third party ?

Grenn Dever,
Top Bottom