Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

biffobear

Took the Mi3 on a road trip into the trees.

Still finding the sweet spot. 2nd week with it, but less than a week using it due to a button failure. Customer service was A+ fast, took less than 10 minutes to swap it out.

As per a recommendation, loading the basket less than full, and applying a pre-heat was very helpful. Brass screw, #198 ✌

Attachments

• FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

Resinrider

Good time to get some CBD flower for extended testing. I find it very calming, but maybe I'm just hyperventilating. lol

Resinrider,

Duffer

First time Milaana owner and I can’t understand why this wonder isn’t more popular. The simplicity belies the awesome ability of the Milaana 3 to extract as much goodness as it does. After doing a lot of research on the Milaana I was a little concerned about combusting regularly but that has not been the case (I still combust once every day or two using my Sticky Bricks). I’ve been rotating the Milaana with the Sticky Brick OG, Tinymight and MV1. The Mighty, Fury and Vapcap are packed away and the Crafty + only sees duty on my morning walk.

I don’t generally comment too much on the buying experience but Ryan was so amenable and generous that I feel that needs mentioning. Great stuff Ryan!

Guest399

I now have my Milaana 2 for a while. I bought it as a back-up for my Tinymight, to have a different experience every now and then. and I have to say I love the Milaana very much and it's more than just a little backup.

very nice taste and handling and very good strong effect. Thanks RBT for this good product! :wave:
maybe RBT will ship to Europe too sometimes in the future :ko:

SquirrelMaster

I'm having an RBT love affair as of late. Ryan makes a damn special vape and I'm glad to have a little RBT family in my vape drawer. I was testing back and forth between my Mi3 and Splinter Z (in wattage) yesterday to see what my Mi3 works out to in watts (roughly) compared to the Z. It feels like it had to be somewhere in the 40-45w range but it's tough to judge with 2 different heaters and different airflow.

Then today has been an all day Milaana 2 day. It's so much tamer then my 3, but still wild if you don't keep on the inhale. Had some Purple God, then Black Mamba and Wedding Cake so far. I've been pairing a J-hook and I like spinning the adapter while hitting for really evenly toasted hits.

z0r

One of the first things I noticed was when I was loading the battery, I wasn't quite sure which orientation to put it in and there is no immediate indicator when you press the button (such a light). Then, when said battery was out, I wasn't sure if it was dead or if I could ride out the remaining charge by holding down the button for dozens of seconds (turns out it was indeed dead).

What is your experience as the battery charge decreases, does it begin to prove less power per unit time or is there a threshold where it doesn't even generate any heat?

tb42091

For my Mi3, I put my battery in button side down. This could be total BS, but I read somewhere that they vent out of the button side so it was safer to put them in button side down.

A fresh battery has a little extra kick for the first few hits, then normalizes. After that, when my battery goes down, there is a point where performance drops until like you said, no matter how long I hold the button, I couldn't get it to brown more.

There was a point though, a happy medium - if you will, where the battery performance was down a little bit which removed combustion from the equation entirely, but not far enough to stop it from vaporizing completely. I could hold the button for a 5 second preheat and then the entirety of my inhale, letting off a few seconds before the end of my inhale and getting a perfect, massive hit.

I do pack up in the stem though, not in the basket screen at the end which may have helped.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
One of the first things I noticed was when I was loading the battery, I wasn't quite sure which orientation to put it in and there is no immediate indicator when you press the button (such a light). Then, when said battery was out, I wasn't sure if it was dead or if I could ride out the remaining charge by holding down the button for dozens of seconds (turns out it was indeed dead).

What is your experience as the battery charge decreases, does it begin to prove less power per unit time or is there a threshold where it doesn't even generate any heat?
For my Mi3, I put my battery in button side down. This could be total BS, but I read somewhere that they vent out of the button side so it was safer to put them in button side down.

A fresh battery has a little extra kick for the first few hits, then normalizes. After that, when my battery goes down, there is a point where performance drops until like you said, no matter how long I hold the button, I couldn't get it to brown more.

There was a point though, a happy medium - if you will, where the battery performance was down a little bit which removed combustion from the equation entirely, but not far enough to stop it from vaporizing completely. I could hold the button for a 5 second preheat and then the entirety of my inhale, letting off a few seconds before the end of my inhale and getting a perfect, massive hit.

I do pack up in the stem though, not in the basket screen at the end which may have helped.

The reason to put the positive and down is actually to protect the wrapping as that is the more sensitive end of the cell is all, it will work either way, and should still be safe, but yeah slicker with flatter flush negative end facing up for the copper/brass contact... Venting should never happen ever (if it did, still only hole faces you)

The best way to monitor battery level is to get a digital charger like Nitecore D2, then you'll see fully charged battery is 4.20v and you should notice the performance drop as it goes until 3.7v (it can go further, but not as good for cell longevity and you will find you have to hold the trigger much longer then) I notice the performance drop around 3.9v typically, and 4.2v is noticably very quick to heat!

Guest399

I vaped some Happy Budz Sour Space Candy in my Mi2 this afternoon. I had forgotten how good that sucker hits. Also been vaping Purple Panty Dropper in the Mi3 at bedtime. Puts me out like a light.

which one do you prefer milaana 2 or 3 and why? ;)

Last edited:
Guest399,

GetLeft

Venting should never happen

It shouldn't. But if it did, you'd want the vent facing down, not up at your face. That's the reason you want to protect the wrapping, too. You short you vent it's all not good. Not that I've read about it happening here but no one should take unnecessary risks with these cells. Vent side down :tup:

GetLeft,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It shouldn't. But if it did, you'd want the vent facing down, not up at your face. That's the reason you want to protect the wrapping, too. You short you vent it's all not good. Not that I've read about it happening here but no one should take unnecessary risks with these cells. Vent side down :tup:

I understand, but there's no sort of vent hole at the bottom, so it's still going to come out the top regardless, right? Either way pretty moot

Shit Snacks,

jbm

which one do you prefer milaana 2 or 3 and why? ;)
The 3 runs somewhat hotter than the 2; I need to ride it a bit more closely than the 2. Right now I lean towards the 2, but that’s because I’ve had it longer and know it better. You can get really delicious clouds with the 3, but I need to hone my technique more.

SparkyMcBowl

I think the store is closed at the present. Milaana 3 is a solid vape to start on from RBT. You won't have to deal with a mod like you would with the Splinter or the Splinter Z. No need to concern yourself with firmware and Ohm's Law if you can avoid it.

Resinrider

Hey dazed vaper. I can highly recommend the Mi3 ( I have no experience with Splinter)
The Mi3 is the most powerful of all the Milaana gang, and once you get the hang of it, it produces insanely flavorful vapor.
Keep in mind it does take a bit to get the hang of it, so best to save judgment for a couple weeks after you get it.
My vaping experience was mostly with Crafty/Mighty so I was used to excellent results with little to no effort, so I was a little disappointed with the Mi3 at first ,because my technique was not quite right. It is easy to end up with an over -toasted center in your bowl with the Mi3 that doesnt taste so great. Once the learning curve starts to flatten you will start to experience evenly toasted flavorful bowls, . You can also vape far beyond the point where the Crafty/Mighty start to taste bad, and get some very nice "roasty/ toasty" flavor that I have not enjoyed with any other vape. Also quick on demand vapor is definitely the way to go moving forward, and Im not sure I can go back to a "session" type device.

z0r

Also quick on demand vapor is definitely the way to go moving forward, and Im not sure I can go back to a "session" type device.

Me neither!....actually, I'm sure I definitely can't haha! I have a few session vapes which are very pleasant but...why, when I can have on-demand? I love the variety of vaporizers out there, but it's an interesting realization/turning point for me.

z0r,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Looking into my first RBT device, any and all advice is appreciated. Have a great weekend everyone! ✌
The Splinter V2 and ZV2 are a great choice, as is the Milaana 3. I recommend a Wismec RX Gen3 Dual and some LG HG2 cells from one of the sellers we like if you go the Splinter route first. Those sellers are Illumn, Liionwholesale and IMRbatteries.

The XL8R cooling stems are also a must.

SquirrelMaster

Looking into my first RBT device, any and all advice is appreciated. Have a great weekend everyone! ✌️
The Splinter/Splinter Z is perfect if you have a mod powerful enough already and/or want temperature control if your mod supports it. Wattage mode works extremely well and you can sideways torn down the wattage instead of pulsing the button.

The Milaana 2/3 is the same as wattage mode on the Splinter, in fact it uses the same heater. The Splinter Z is the larger heater from the Zion. My Milaana 3 runs hot compared to my 2, I have to watch the button and my draw more closely or I can scorch a load much easier. There's a little more draw resistance on 3 than 2 which are both higher then my Splinter Z. Ryan will have more 3's available and he's going to label them low heat and high heat so you have the choice. Both are good, just different.

Top Bottom