Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey guys where can i get a WPA ? :thinker: i dont see any on the store and haven't seen any in a while, is there a third party ?

I think Oregon glass blower can make you a custom one, just tell him you need a 18 mm male to male adapter, but one end the joint length needs to be cut down to 19 mm...

Shit Snacks,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Is someone making and selling those beautiful wood "guitar picks" that I am seeing on the recent Milaana pics? My original pick died long ago, but one of those would be a great addition...

Shit Snacks

Is someone making and selling those beautiful wood "guitar picks" that I am seeing on the recent Milaana pics? My original pick died long ago, but one of those would be a great addition...

Yeah reach out to Mark on Instagram!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: cybrguy

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
We have closed the following three threads to consolodate the Milaana discussion in one place here in this thread.

:peace:

Shit Snacks

seki

Today at 12:42 PM
I received my Milaana 3 order the other day and I thought their arrival warranted a new family photo. Unfortunately cousin Wengey on the Splinter side of the family is stuck in the U.S. a due to Covid-19, but everyone else is here:

Thanks RastaBuddhaTao! The Mi3's were definitely worth the wait.

@Stu is there any way we can still be able to quote from the old threads so we can reference posts here? I just tried to do that for @seki's post in the Milaana 3 thread right before it was closed, but I was only able to copy and paste it like the above, I think we were able to quote from locked threads before? @vtac @pakalolo I love the consolidation otherwise of these threads!

seki

seki

Today at 12:42 PM
I received my Milaana 3 order the other day and I thought their arrival warranted a new family photo. Unfortunately cousin Wengey on the Splinter side of the family is stuck in the U.S. a due to Covid-19, but everyone else is here:

Thanks RastaBuddhaTao! The Mi3's were definitely worth the wait.

@Stu is there any way we can still be able to quote from the old threads so we can reference posts here? I just tried to do that for @seki's post in the Milaana 3 thread right before it was closed, but I was only able to copy and paste it like the above, I think we were able to quote from locked threads before? @vtac @pakalolo I love the consolidation otherwise of these threads!
Thanks for looking out, @Shit Snacks!

Here's the photo from the post:
rbt-fam-1.jpg

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Stu is there any way we can still be able to quote from the old threads so we can reference posts here?
If you want to share a link to a particular post in another thread, you can use the Share option at the top right of the post. If you copy/paste the url, it can be pasted into another thread with a clickable link. If you want to quote specific content, you can select/copy the text, then you can post the text using a quote box by using the "insert quote" feature found under the three dots on the toolbar.

:peace:

Shit Snacks

i just received a Milaana 3 yesterday from Ryan... my first stem vapes & should keep me busy for awhile...

My first couple hits with the Milaana 3 were nice & full but the mouthpiece stuck to my lips, came out of the Milaana way too easily & crashed on the stone floor breaking. I don't like the fit of the mouthpieces in the Milaana at all.

Yo I saw you post this in the tinymight and airvape legacy threads, I figured I would bring it to the right place!

The lip-stick type accident has been noted from the early Zion days, unfortunately with variance in glass, some joint connections fit loose and some are tight... Milaana3 being 19/19 makes it even trickier with less stems to try, being non-standard.

However a possible solution for you, could be looking into getting a custom wooden stem? From Alan (email him at toastytop and he can make whatever you like) or Ed's TnT (not sure if you can find one of the pre-made ones, otherwise would have to contact for a custom) The wood tends to lock in a little more than glass...

Finally, try turning the guitar pick over the stem to lock it into place, there may be some other strategies like this if you search around in the threads?

Last edited:

bgrpph

Yo I saw you post this in the tinymight and airvape legacy threads, I figured I would bring it to the right place!

The lip-stick type accident has been noted from the early Zion days, unfortunately with variance in glass, some joint connections fit loose and some are tight... Milaana3 being 19/19 makes it even trickier with less stems to try, being non-standard.

However a possible solution for you, could be looking into getting a custom wooden stem? From Alan (email him at toastytop and he can make whatever you like) or Ed's TnT (not sure if you can find one of the pre-made ones, otherwise would have to contact for a custom) The wood tends to lock in a little more than glass..

Finally, try turning the guitar pick over the stem to lock it into place, there may be some other strategies like this if you search around in the threads?
Shit Snacks- Thx for the advice about possible solutions for my loose Milaana 3 stems- I'll c what i can find re wood stems & i've already started using the guitar pick to somewhat hold the stem so its not as loose. I'm sure my issues are just learning to use the M3 & i'm now aware that the stem is not held in tight as it is in the TinyMight.

Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks- Thx for the advice about possible solutions for my loose Milaana 3 stems- I'll c what i can find re wood stems & i've already started using the guitar pick to somewhat hold the stem so its not as loose. I'm sure my issues are just learning to use the M3 & i'm now aware that the stem is not held in tight as it is in the TinyMight.

Yeah, being your first experience with glass stem based convection vapes, that makes sense since I actually started with LSV and Underdog before RBT came along, then that is what I had the most experience with by far. Starting with the TM you see a good execution of an o-ring stem, definitely more secure out and about (best to not keep the stem loaded in Mi, as it is a little more risky if something should happen, you wouldn't want to risk breaking the inner glass especially) glass on glass connection does have some benefits though, like the quick loading and unloading... Anyway yeah, definitely not much of an issue once you are used to it, know how to use it accordingly, but another tip I thought of is wrapping a little tape or something around part of the joint that can help it seal tight... This could be a little riskier though, regardless the best advice is to always be careful with glass.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: seki

GetLeft

I'm sure my issues are just learning to use the M3

I always have a finger at the base of my glass stem holding it in place. Kinda grip n rip approach. I have extra motivation, though; sometimes the glass glass joint in my Mi 2 slips (I'm lazy I guess and have neglected to glue it back in), so I'm holding two valuable pieces in place. Three if I use DDave's cooling wand. Btw, @DDave no news on the single piece cooling wands? I guess it's not a wise investment at this point considering the differerent stem fits (even though there are easy mods to make a Mi stem sit properly).

tashian

I always have a finger at the base of my glass stem holding it in place. Kinda grip n rip approach. I have extra motivation, though; sometimes the glass glass joint in my Mi 2 slips (I'm lazy I guess and have neglected to glue it back in), so I'm holding two valuable pieces in place. Three if I use DDave's cooling wand. Btw, @DDave no news on the single piece cooling wands? I guess it's not a wise investment at this point considering the differerent stem fits (even though there are easy mods to make a Mi stem sit properly).

Nice mouth piece, what is that? Thnx.

tashian,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
does the mi3 has battery level indicator? and how many bowls per one charge?
Nothing but the on/off button.
Number will vary with battery, technique etc., etc., but at least 4, likely more, is my experience. I usually don't wait to find out because I don't want to be disappointed mid-bowl...

siDecHas

And at the website there are low and high output options for the milaana 3. What’s the main difference? High output means more head when firing the button?

Is milaana a good everyday use vape?

siDecHas,

Duffer

And at the website there are low and high output options for the milaana 3. What’s the main difference? High output means more head when firing the button?

You guessed right on the output options.

I use my Milaana several times a day and it has actually taken over from the TM as my favourite vape (Although the TM, Sticky Brick, Ghost MV1, Mighty and Crafty still get used daily too)

Shit Snacks

Nice mouth piece, what is that? Thnx.

That is the nub cooler from Lamart, it fits the Milaana2 but NOT the Milaana3

does the mi3 has battery level indicator? and how many bowls per one charge?

You will want a external charger with digital screen to show you charge level, 4.2v is fully charged and usually stop at around 3.7v, he will be able to sense the battery level the more you get used to using the Milaana since being unregulated the power (speed to heat up) is dependent on the battery charge level... so fully charged it will be very hot and fast that you hardly hold the trigger at all, whereas a low battery will require you to hold the trigger longer...

High output means it naturally runs hotter and faster, so greater battery efficiency, less time on the trigger needed... This is the one I have and the one I would recommend, the low output you have to hold the button a lot more and you will get fewer bowls... The high output could have a little more learning curve, but overall it's the way to go for me... You can expect a minimum of four bowls, and potentially up to eight probably depending on your usage... (low output version's battery life is probably more like 4 bowls max, 3-6 perhaps)

And yes absolutely great for everyday use, just could be a learning curve depending on what you are used to, but the more time you spend with it the more it will feel like second nature. It is a very simple, pure, powerful, beautiful, and versatile device!

siDecHas

That is the nub cooler from Lamart, it fits the Milaana2 but NOT the Milaana3

You will want a external charger with digital screen to show you charge level, 4.2v is fully charged and usually stop at around 3.7v, he will be able to sense the battery level the more you get used to using the Milaana since being unregulated the power (speed to heat up) is dependent on the battery charge level... so fully charged it will be very hot and fast that you hardly hold the trigger at all, whereas a low battery will require you to hold the trigger longer...

High output means it naturally runs hotter and faster, so greater battery efficiency, less time on the trigger needed... This is the one I have and the one I would recommend, the low output you have to hold the button a lot more and you will get fewer bowls... The high output could have a little more learning curve, but overall it's the way to go for me... You can expect a minimum of four bowls, and potentially up to eight probably depending on your usage... (low output version's battery life is probably more like 4 bowls max, 3-6 perhaps)

And yes absolutely great for everyday use, just could be a learning curve depending on what you are used to, but the more time you spend with it the more it will feel like second nature. It is a very simple, pure, powerful, beautiful, and versatile device!

Thanks a lot! nice insights there. Im still combusting and looking for my first device to start in the vaping world. Looked at the mighty, tp80, lil bud and milaana. it seems a good option.

One more question: is it possible to attach standard 18mm bong glass downpipes on the milaana? or i can only buy spare stems with RBT?

Shit Snacks

Thanks a lot! nice insights there. Im still combusting and looking for my first device to start in the vaping world. Looked at the mighty, tp80, lil bud and milaana. it seems a good option.

One more question: is it possible to attach standard 18mm bong glass downpipes on the milaana? or i can only buy spare stems with RBT?

Okay great, coming right from combustion it is a strong option, one suggestion though when you get whatever you get, try to use only it without smoking so you can really get the hang of it... After a couple weeks you should get a feel for it and vapor in general... I actually really like this as an option coming right from smoking since it has an analog feel, more so than tetra or mighty with their digital temp control and regulation. With a device like Milaana you can really straddle the line between vaping and combusting!

So Milaana3 uses non standard 19/19 glass connection (so yes 18mm aka 19, but the joint length is only 19 so standard 19/22 or 19/26 will not fit... Milaana2 is 19/22) so you will need custom stems if they are not the standard RBT 19/19 stems... Any glass worker should be able to cut down a standard stem to be 19mm length though if that helps, Oregon Glass Blower can do it at least! But yeah with the right adapter stem, it can easily connect to water tools / j hooks.

bgrpph

i recently got both a TinyMight & Milaana 3 (high)- Both are my 1st stem vapes, coming from a Ghost MV1. I'm obviously still getting the feel of these vapes & how to control them (esp the M3). I'm finding i like to use the TM more & thats becoming my go to each night. Its just easier to control the temp since it has the 1-10 level controls & i like knowing the stem is tightly sealed in the body. I'm not as thrilled by the actual control knob as its hard to see at night & requires me to put on glasses & not easy to see with the light of only the TV. The M3 hits so hard & i'm just learning to control it somewhat but will take much more time & practice for me.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
i recently got both a TinyMight & Milaana 3 (high)- Both are my 1st stem vapes, coming from a Ghost MV1. I'm obviously still getting the feel of these vapes & how to control them (esp the M3). I'm finding i like to use the TM more & thats becoming my go to each night. Its just easier to control the temp since it has the 1-10 level controls & i like knowing the stem is tightly sealed in the body. I'm not as thrilled by the actual control knob as its hard to see at night & requires me to put on glasses & not easy to see with the light of only the TV. The M3 hits so hard & i'm just learning to control it somewhat but will take much more time & practice for me.
I recommend the short and long XL8R cooling stems for the Milaana 3. That vape is a rapid extraction beast even compared to my Milaana 2 and the cooling stems are a must for the larger hits I prefer.

bossman,

bgrpph

I recommend the short and long XL8R cooling stems for the Milaana 3. That vape is a rapid extraction beast even compared to my Milaana 2 and the cooling stems are a must for the larger hits I prefer.
Thanks bossman, I ordered 2 xtra stems with my M3 order & ryan threw in a long cooling stem that i just discovered this weekend- the dimpled cooling stem is nice-i like it. In fact i just used it upside down in my TinyMight last night- its also works very well in there.

Top Bottom