Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Sorry @Franco to confirm they are US shipping only still... However it seems Futo is selling for folks in Canada?? I suggest looking into a mail forwarding service if you can... May be the best option, at cost?
Thank you very much. I do really appreciate this.

My first thought today was: "Will I be able to get a Milaana this time?"
:disgust:
I honestly saw it coming, since I didn't get any reply from Ryan....
I guess I'll keep looking at the classified section.

I'm quite disappointed (to say the least) by this shipping situation with RBT, Firewood and so on.
I mean, I'm sure they have their own reasons, but choosing to leave out basically all the rest of the world... I don't know.

What's more is that the Milaana is not an artisanal product anymore (at least the Milaana 3), so it's weird that something coming from a factory in China can't reach my house in Italy....:2c:
I know they claimed that the main issue was customer service, but to be honest I now feel this is just a lame excuse.

Rant over...

Jason Mendoza

Thank you very much. I do really appreciate this.

My first thought today was: "Will I be able to get a Milaana this time?"
:disgust:
I honestly saw it coming, since I didn't get any reply from Ryan....
I guess I'll keep looking at the classified section.

I'm quite disappointed (to say the least) by this shipping situation with RBT, Firewood and so on.
I mean, I'm sure they have their own reasons, but choosing to leave out basically all the rest of the world... I don't know.

What's more is that the Milaana is not an artisanal product anymore (at least the Milaana 3), so it's weird that something coming from a factory in China can't reach my house in Italy....:2c:
I know they claimed that the main issue was customer service, but to be honest I now feel this is just a lame excuse.

Rant over...
Milaana's are made in China now? I heard that a while ago but it doesn't seem to be the case still.

The FW's can't keep stock. I heard it was trouble getting certain electrical components, boards, etc.

I can tell you 1st hand that dealing with customs is a pita. It might just be biting off more than they can chew. Why would someone sell in EU while not being able to maintain orders in their own country? Don't create customers you can't service. (I'll bet some would say Hopper should have waited.) Shipment damage happens too. It did with me recently. My package tried to squeeze thru a sorting machine and was crushed. Yes, the box was nearly flattened. There are things that makers have to deal with that I don't know about. FW started on Etsy I think.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Just placed my order for a Milaana 3 and im psyched! Looks like an incredible vape from everything Ive read/seen. Are there any "must know" tips for using the Milaana I should know before I get it? Also, how does it handle vaping full nugs?

I snagged one too! Excited to finally try one of these suckers out. The orders will come with 2 stems. Looks like I need to read through this thread for a good wpa option!
Congratulations! The Mi3 is a rapid extractor. My advice would be to buy a dimpled cooling stem like the XL8R stems that RBT used to sell. The short stems don't provide adequate cooling for the big hits the Milaana 3 is capable of.

Also, I know a lot of people like them through water but for me that's where I always had the most trouble avoiding a center hotspot. When I use my WPA it's so I can use my Milaana with j-hooks
PXL_20210401_192239360~2.jpg

Razhumikin

Congratulations! The Mi3 is a rapid extractor. My advice would be to buy a dimpled cooling stem like the XL8R stems that RBT used to sell. The short stems don't provide adequate cooling for the big hits the Milaana 3 is capable of.

Also, I know a lot of people like them through water but for me that's where I always had the most trouble avoiding a center hotspot. When I use my WPA it's so I can use my Milaana with j-hooks
View attachment 8224
Where can you find thr Xl8R and the wpa?

NimChimpsky

Thanks for the info @bossman - stoked! I see the XL8R and wpa on the herb Cafe ($32 shipping to US, yikes!). I expect to primarily use with j hooks as well - can any 18mm male to 14/18mm work as a wpa, or does it require this specific wpa?

NimChimpsky,
Reactions: arb

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

View attachment 8224

I second the request for WPA info, would love to pair this with a hook.

also though i have another suggestion, 508Phineas on IG makes these awesome cooking stems. Highly recommend

5-E4-EE049-B193-49-F4-A4-B7-FB35068478-FE.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Milaana's are made in China now? I heard that a while ago but it doesn't seem to be the case still.
I'm not sure about Splinter V1, but Mi3, Splinter V2 and Splinter Z V2 were all made in China.
Even the sales this year?

Yes these are the last of the Milaana3 (500 were made in China, no plans to make more...) All Splinter with V, are made in China, V1 V1+ V2 ZV1 ZV2... Milaana2 are still fully US made by Ryan, those are being assembled, and awaiting more glass stems to arrive (with more splinter V2 I believe) before going up for sale as well.

Just placed my order for a Milaana 3 and im psyched! Looks like an incredible vape from everything Ive read/seen. Are there any "must know" tips for using the Milaana I should know before I get it? Also, how does it handle vaping full nugs?

It can do whole nugs, and hand torn, but with the unregulated nature the technique is even trickier I think, but it is easy to flip and stir with chunky nugs, I should try it again actually... For must know tips I would skim through this thread, you can also skim through the original threads, that are linked at the beginning of this thread, all three Milaana had specific threads, before they were merged here, of course the first one is the largest and has the most info, the changes between the different models has been more incremental and the basic usage is kind of the same, the Mi3 is more like the original Milaana to me because of how fast it heats up so you really want to make sure you're not holding the trigger too long, a few seconds on a few seconds off a few seconds on a few seconds off, keep inhaling to clear your hits and the heat... The battery charge level, is basically going to affect how fast you are Milaana heats up, so you can hold the button down longer when the battery is weaker and a fresh battery you will not need to hold it much at all!

I snagged one too! Excited to finally try one of these suckers out. The orders will come with 2 stems. Looks like I need to read through this thread for a good wpa option!

Awesome my man! Yeah I think they just come with the plain stems, so you'll probably want cooling stems too, though yeah WPA will be most useful for hooks of course!

Thanks for the info @bossman - stoked! I see the XL8R and wpa on the herb Cafe ($32 shipping to US, yikes!). I expect to primarily use with j hooks as well - can any 18mm male to 14/18mm work as a wpa, or does it require this specific wpa?

Unfortunately you can't use any mail to mail, because the Milaana3 (like the SplinterV2) uses a custom 19/19 joint (18 = 19 = 18.8mm joint width, well the second 19 refers to the length of the joint, standard would be 22 or 26 mm) so you could get a random male to male adapter, but it will need to be cut or sanded down to fit properly in Milaana... There is always variants with glass, so sometimes they can fit, I have a regular 19/22 WPA that I would use with my older RBT stuff, and for some reason it seems to fit very well in my Mi3 though no others do... So you can test stems, just be careful and see how they fit, if they are loose spinning, or even worse resting on the heater screen, be very careful and I would not risk using them at all (like my Lamart stems, only the nub fits in my RBT vapes, but it does not fit in my Mi3 or SV2, and my spiky bendy doesn't fit in any of them unfortunately)

The good news, Oregon Glass Blower, can cut down any of his adapters for you to be 19/19, they may cost more and they already aren't that cheap, but they are super high quality at least!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Where can you find thr Xl8R and the wpa?

Yeah, I still use my old XL8R stems and have the more expensive vigreaux stems @BrianTL recommends as well as the even more expensive custom j-hooks from OGB. They all work well although with more cooling/dimples there's a flavor hit so it's oddly paradoxical which ones are best for whom.

I use the Tinymight with the j-hooks because there's no easy cooling stem option and I don't want to fuck with beads. For the Milaana I'm about half and half between the custom/XL8R stems and the OGB j-hooks @Shit Snacks discovered. I mainly use the Splinter Zs with cooling stems as the j-hooks seem like overkill for TC hits in the 360 to 400° range.

The vigreaux stems from @Vlad the Inhaler (508Phineas on IG) are probably the sweet spot of performance and value. I give the clear one the edge over my blue one that has spikes further up the sides. Both cool well, the clear one is a bit more open is all
PXL_20210520_201947712~2.jpg

NimChimpsky

Thanks @Shit Snacks et al! I think I'll play it safe and grab the XL8R stem and wpa from theherbcafe now (unless anyone else recommends a better place to buy in US). Might hit up Phineas or OGB at some point for a custom.. It looks like DDave has some stuff for RBT but not sure it's what I need.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Thanks @Shit Snacks et al! I think I'll play it safe and grab the XL8R stem and wpa from theherbcafe now (unless anyone else recommends a better place to buy in US). Might hit up Phineas or OGB at some point for a custom.. It looks like DDave has some stuff for RBT but not sure it's what I need.

Oh I think planet vape (now planet haze?) may have stems and WPA as well btw, another Canadian shop, but I remember when I got my Splinter ZV1 from them it wasn't that expensive to ship? But it was a more expensive purchase...

Phineas has colored and clear vigreux stems for RBT already available if you message him on Instagram, just out of the amber color I believe now...

And yeah ddave can be hit or miss...

:tup:

NimChimpsky

Milaana3, long XL8R stem, 14 & 18mm wpas, and cobalt blue Phineas vigreux stem ordered. It's been a good day :razz: I think I'm squared away - thanks for making this an easy decision friends!

@Shit Snacks appreciate the heads up, Phineas took care of me quick and easy :rockon:

Also, for anyone interested, I could only find the wpas in stock at herb Cafe (5% off with code ILOVETHC) and prices are in CAD so USD will be a little cheaper.

Shit Snacks

Good gets! :clap:

Ryan did a little video unpacking a gift from kushcoffee on IG (not vape related) but he did discuss some plans:

I think there's only like 25 Milaana2 coming give or take, potentially 50, but I think those were the ZionM numbers (not 100% sure because I do think ZM was supposed to be 50 but may actually be less...) that he will be assembling with Lee, I think the female glass they need is arriving soon, but the glass stems are a further ways out to deliver...

I think more SplinterV2 are arriving with the female glass, so should be soon, but I'm not 100% sure they may be coming with the glass stems that are further out...

He did mention a few other things, like the potential for a ZionM2, the desktop details, CDD (customer driven designs on Instagram) products like the 510 heater, concentrate device, and that chamber for the heater with the cooling pucks... He also explained how the company that produced the products in China has folded, so that is why this is the last of these products (SplinterV and Milaana3), and so future of RBT evolving! He also gave a bit more background on Lee, a real good dude :cool:

Razhumikin

How important is managing the carb to getting a good hit on Mi3? Those of you who have one, do you feather the button and the carb, or only one or the other?

Razhumikin,

Shit Snacks

How important is managing the carb to getting a good hit on Mi3? Those of you who have one, do you feather the button and the carb, or only one or the other?

Not at all actually, do not cover the air intake hole, it is not a carb hole, that is the only way fresh air comes in to get heated so it should never be covered... You just feather the button to control the heat, depending on the battery charge level for rate of speed to heating up, so its like a few seconds holding the button, a second off, a few seconds more, a couple seconds off, a few seconds more, let go and keep inhaling to clear... You kind of have to get a feel for it, so it helps to use it dry and with a short stem, to help sense the vapor, at least when learning.

leerbtmd

Company Rep
Greetings, FC folks,

I am new to the FC space, so please allow me to introduce myself...:)

My name is Lee and Ryan from RBT and I have known each other since High School and shared the same best friend for over thirty years. Our buddy Bruce was the bass player in my high school band (I played lead guitar) and Ryan and Bruce ran track and cross country together. We have gone camping together, gone skiing together, gone to concerts together and generally hung out with each other all through high school and college. We have been lifelong friends, music fans and cannabis enthusiasts
As you may have read in Ryan’s posts, our dear friend Bruce died from complications of pneumonia back in 2018, leaving us both devastated. Bruce was a CrossFit junkie, and exercised all the time, but was working overtime at his pizza restaurant to get out of a hole that a shady partner had put him in. He started feeling run down and basically by the time he went to the doctor it was too late, he was diagnosed with pneumonia, had to be intubated, he had nasty blood clots that caused his organs to fail and he died in a coma about two weeks later. Not at all the way we pictured life ending for our dear, dear friend and like I said, devastating and life changing for both of us. But on the positive side, every cloud has a silver lining, every storm has a rainbow, blah, blah, blah... Many of us who shared in Bruce’s friendship have connected since then to grieve and heal and help each other through the big loss we all feel in our lives. Friends whom I haven’t spoken with in years and who hold wildly different political views than my own now text me regularly and check in. I tell you it’s just one big love-fest (as long I just stay off their Facebook pages, lol).
It is that shared experience of grief and loss and healing that brings Ryan and I together now. I have been living in SoCal for about twenty years now. Bruce visited me out here more than any other friend, and he and I drove together across the county from NY several times as I got settled over the years. I had always hoped he would join me out here one day.
I had no idea how much Bruce’s stories of our travels inspired Ryan, but recently Bruce’s younger brother, whom I keep in touch with, got a hold of me to let me know that Ryan was out here and was asking for my number. Was it OK to give it to him? Of course, I said “any friend of Bruce’s is a friend of mine” (I thought it was pretty cute that he asked, too). And I knew about Ryan and his products from my last visit home to NY, when I visited the RBT workshop.
Long story longer, Ryan and I hooked up at a campground by the beach just a short bike ride from my house on a recent Friday afternoon and stayed up until early Saturday morning telling stories, sharing memories and keeping the healing going by keeping our friend’s memory alive. And over the past ten days, we’ve caught up on each other’s lives, he’s gotten to know my family and I’ve gotten to learn more about RBT and his situation. And as they say (cliche alert) “a friend in need is a friend indeed”: the more we got talking, the more Ryan laid out his problems and the more advice I started to give, well pretty soon it dawned on us that I might be able to help him get things up and running for RBT again, with a new outlook, attitude and home base here on the West Coast.
So that brings us up to the new and the now. Last night Ryan and I spent a few hours doing quality control on about twenty brand new Splinter v2s. We checked the glass for cracks (found 3) as well as the wood (found 1) and then we ran about 6 volts of current through each (half again as high as your average 4.2 v battery will fire) to test the resistance and burn off any excess oil from manufacturing. Then we jammed a 19/19 stem mouthpiece into each cylinder and jiggled it around to make sure everything was seated properly. I’m happy to report that all but the four cracked ones passed the test. But hey, if Ryan and I hadn’t taken the time, those products could have shipped and we would have had some real pissed off customers. And life, as we have learned, is too short for that...
So moving forward, I’m going to do my best to take some of the stress off Ryan and help him with some of the day-to-day tasks that genius-engineer types find so disdainful, (like in Office Space: “I talk to the customer!!”) so he can pursue his California dream of visiting every skatepark in the state while designing new and improved products for the benefit of all mankind, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. I’ll be handling customer service and will do my best to answer your questions, solve your problems and steer you in the right direction if you can’t make up your mind. I work full time and do have a life and a wife and some kids and also am a surfer and a beach bum, and if the waves are flat I go mountain biking, but I will commit to getting your shit shipped out on time, and on the regular (which will be once a week, Mondays or Fridays, haven’t decided yet. Wednesdays might be better actually). I’ll stay in touch with info about sales, contests, upcoming events and all that shit that my kids are going to have to teach me to do on the instagrams (don’t hold your breath for a TikTok channel).
As far as my preferences and habits when it comes to cannabis, full disclosure, I primarily smoked pipes and joints up until now, but recently switched to those dandy vape pens full of concentrate once my kids started noticing how those people puffing at the beach smell just like Dad when he’s in the garage. They have worked out great so far for keeping it on the down low. I did have one of those old school vapes, with the box and the dial and the big long surgical tube, but it is hiding from me in a closet somewhere now, probably due to jealousy over the pen.
But, not long ago, a good friend of mine who is a medical patient kicked me down an ounce of Fruity Pebbles and another of Gorilla Glue that he grew himself. And DAMN do they taste great in the Splinter! Way better than the pipe. Like the difference between Meister Brau and Stone IPA different. Oh, the flavors! Oh, the terpenes! I don’t grow, but if I did, I would definitely be vaping my crop. It brings out the characteristics of your bud the way those Riedel glasses bring out the tannins in wine. I am definitely developing an appreciation for the niche these products occupy.
So that’s me, that’s what ‘s going on with Ryan and RBT. I look forward to becoming part of the FC community. I‘ve already spent some time lurking and looking at some of the threads Ryan shared with me, and really dig the passion (and compassion) in some of these discussions. I’ll do my best to adhere to those standards, keep things cool, calm and collected and help the community thrive and grow.

Take it easy,
Lee

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My Mi3 is out for delivery today and I'm jittery with anticipation! VAS really got me bad on this one! Now I just have to decide if I should use my XL8R or Phineas Vigreux stem first....
The Milaana 3 is the fastest of the bunch so early on it helps to get in the habit of pulsing the fire button. You can come up with any on-off pattern that works for you and of course it changes as the vape warms up and the glass gets heat soaked. But something like a repeated on for a count of five and off for a count of three. I'm accustomed to just riding the button the whole time for long (i.e. fifteen-ish seconds) hits on my Milaana 1s and 2 but the 3 will hotspot if I don't mind my fire button and do some sort of on/off routine

Last edited:
Top Bottom