• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Wow... ! Wasn't sure about you, but have the unit in a box... Glad you are back, congrats.... give us a shout. :)

Of course you have to enter the next event... :cool:

Purple-Days,

placetime

obligatory lame ghost costume :rolleyes:
pdhalloween2011contest_1.jpg

placetime,

lvl10troll

I've actually camped in AZ before and I know what you mean about the rain Tom. This campsite had raised their platforms to camp on because some areas were prone to flash floods!

Nebulous

I certainly chuckled a bit upon hearing about the latest contest. After my Purple Days first arrived last winter I began to look around my house for an appropriate coozy to keep it warm during the cold weather. Rather than drape my beautiful vape with an old sock or something, I found a conveniently sized teddy bear sweater. Works rather well as both a fashion accessory and vaporizer enhancement :brow:

Thus I present... Purple Days man!

IMG_3778.jpg

Nebulous,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
^^That is too funny. :lol:

Can I take a naked picture of mine from the back and say it's dressed up as a Zap?

:peace:

Stu,

photokographer

Ordered my PD!!!

Really looking forward to joining you guys (and hopefully I'll get it in time for the contest!)

I have been reading through the forum here to pass time (I'm on page 23 now... yeesh, long way to go, but man am I excited for my girl to arrive)

Tom and Pam are the chillest of people, I'm so glad to have a vape made personally for me rather than a mass produced one

Question, so I'm at the beginning of the forum obviously, how much has changed about the PD? Back in 08 no-one really used it with glass (or if they did it was through tubing) Has the inhale tube changed to fit 14mm waterpipe joints, or am I just daydreaming?

photokographer,

illeg

photokographer said:
Ordered my PD!!!
Question, so I'm at the beginning of the forum obviously, how much has changed about the PD? Back in 08 no-one really used it with glass (or if they did it was through tubing) Has the inhale tube changed to fit 14mm waterpipe joints, or am I just daydreaming?

Pretty sure the answer is it fits 14mm joints as-is, and you can order smaller tips that may fit the angle better for whatever piece you have.

illeg,

Nebulous

illeg said:
photokographer said:
Ordered my PD!!!

Pretty sure the answer is it fits 14mm joints as-is, and you can order smaller tips that may fit the angle better for whatever piece you have.

In terms of how the Purple Days has changed over time I think the stems have always fit 14mm joints, it just took a while for users to discover this feature

Nebulous,

Purple-Days

Photokographer asked, "how much has changed about the PD?"

In some ways not much... the question about tube size is easy. We have always used 1/2" diameter #5 polypropylene rod (made in Germany) sold through US Plastics in Lima, Ohio. Pronounced: Lima Beans style, BTW. We did use a few other tube materials during personal prototyping, 1/2" PP was best IMO.

The vapor tip length was increased in very early production from about 8mm to 10mm but the tubing diameter and supplier has remained the same since Day 1. SS Screens too.

My original, all stainless steel heat exchanger design, with the crossbar and heat sinks and radiating fins has had some minor tweaks. We moved from 5 heat sinks and 60 fins, to 5 heat sinks and 72 fins, adding an additional set of fins at the bottom where the air makes it's turn upward. We also moved to a black oxide stainless steel for our fin material... Both of these changes were to maximize the heat transfer, to the airstream, from a fixed heat source, the intent of a complex heat exchanger air path in the first place.

The heat source, an Ohmite 25J20RE has been at the heart of every vaporizer we have made. The E designates the RoHS version of the resistor. The only version we have ever purchased. Every vape we have ever made, uses 100% RoHS compliant parts. No need to change.

The body has been through a couple of cosmetic changes. Early units had a small, recessed, purple LED at the bottom front of the unit. Nearly ultra-violet it cast a cool light... but miniature recessed LEDS + heat conducting copper wire, well... LEDs don't like heat. LEDs were discontinued in early production. Pammy started doing a wood burned version of our Purple Sunshine Logo instead. A shop in Port Orford had a nice laser and woodshop and we started having the laser etched version of our logo applied. We later found another woodshop, who was able to do a bit deeper laser etch, with a better laser machine...
Today, in Rockazona, we have no source for laser logos and as bodies with laser logos are used up the newest design is a stealthy No Logo . As folks seem to like No Logo, as well or better, that will remain the design at least for now.

We have used hardwoods from the start. Dimensions have not changed. They are based on the standard American cola can. Though, each unit is unique, as it is turned by hand. I do not use a duplicator lathe. Nor a router to round over the end of a dowel . . .

Still using our all natural Buzz-Butter :buzz: finish. Still using the same chemical free apiary 's bees wax. I got 50 pounds of it last time, I don't plan on changing and bee's wax never goes bad... Still using Organic Flax oil. Still using the all natural Rosemary Extract as an ant-oxidant just like quality soap makers do. But we have made a couple changes. Adding an amount of Organic Coconut Oil to the mix seems to give it a better feel. And adding Organic Hemp Oil, well . . . :)

Hope that helps explain some of our changes over the years. In some ways things have changed very little. :cool:

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Abysmal Vapor said:
jeffp said:
Lol is it called GOYA ? Goya sounds kind of racism to me :lol:.. (lend money to your brother without intrest but you shall ask the goya double.../this might be a bad translation :)

lol yeah i get what you're saying. over around these parts you see goya in all the little bodegas and supermarkets. have you ever tried malta? goya malta is good but malta india is better; ice cold it's completely amazing.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

brilliant jeff. I can actually say I am jealous of your awesome mutant PD, it reminds of some of those creepy toys from the Toy Story movies(not the main toys in the movie, but some rival mutant toys)

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom